Search the best hotels in Sardinia
Sardinia’s beaches are spectacular: the sand is snow white and the water is a shade of aqua usually reserved for the tropics, but there’s a lot to be said for the wild interior as well. Lush forests open out onto incredible limestone bays or fields of sheep, or prehistoric ruins. And it’s not only the landscape which is special and surprising, the rich, colourful culture and traditional flavours and design have been shaped by visitors but have retained their individuality. It’s a bit like a tiny country... So when you start talking about the best places to stay on Sardinia there’s as much choice as you might expect from a mini-country.
If you're here for the gorgeous beaches then we've plenty of lovely hotels and villas to recommend, but if your appetite is whetted to see a bit more of the island's treasures then some of the best places to stay on Sardinia are the inland towns.
You do have to choose your town wisely though, some are picturesque, with architecture borrowed from the island's Catalan heritage, and some are less so. But you'll be rewarded, because as well as being Sardinia's cultural centres, the most charming towns are also the island's capitals of cuisine.
- Olbia is a proper port town,
- Caligari has the hilltop citadel, cathedral, museums, palaces and a university, all surrounded by a sturdy fortress wall, built by the Pisans.
- Bosa is crowned by a medieval castle, and known for its pastel houses and ochre, medieval buildings, around an ancient, cobbled-heart.
- Iglesias was a Spanish town, and still has an Iberian feel to it. It's got plenty of life and atmosphere,
- and Oristano, with its elegant piazzas and buildings, looks like a town with wealth. Definitely the place to be if you want to do some boutique shopping.
- If you want beach-y perfection, but with a less tourist-y feel, then one of the best places to stay on Sardinia is the Golfo di Orosei. These 20 miles of cliffs, dotted with lovely beaches and grottos, are a bit more of a challenge to access from the land because there's a large nature reserve behind them. Sailors, fishermen and luxury yachters of the highest calibre enjoy this paradise, and these days with a bit of planning so can you.
- Arzachena manages to offer the best of all worlds, it’s a charming rural village just a few kms from the Costa Smerelda.
If you’re into horse riding this is a great place for it, it’s also great for divers - there are shipwrecks to explore, there are opportunities to go sailing and sea kayaking, and of course to hike and bike.
Just off Sardinia's south west coast are the two islands of Sant'Antioco and San Pietro, which are probably the best places to stay on Sardinia if you're searching for the least developed 'authentic' Sardinian experience.
What not to Miss
- The sea off the coves around Golfo di Orosei;
- the thousands of Bronze age towers, tombs and settlements - you won’t be able to avoid them but take some time over them;
- the local wines, breads and cheeses;
- visit the islands, there aren’t many of them but the Asinara National Park and the Maddalena archipelago are unlike anywhere else on the planet;
- and see if you can time your visit to coincide with one of the colourful local festivals.
Just don't forget that if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Sardinia over the peak summer period, you'll have to be organised and book well ahead. It's not just the Italians who like to summer here!
The Best Places to Stay on Sardinia
Sardina's wine is well known for its strength and bold flavours, and their local liqueur, filu e ferru, is even more potent. The flavours of the food tend to be bold enough to keep up, with lots of hearty pastas dusted with pungent local cheeses.
- The Hotel Su Gologone is an old, but working, Sardinian estate with its own olive grove and vineyards, so much of the excellent cuisine served here is sourced direct from the grounds. They also offer a wide selection of classes and hotel run activities - heavy on the artistic as well as foodie.
- The Hotel Villa Las Tronas offers a more traditional five star experience. On a promenade jutting out into the sea, this hotel has spectacular 360 degree views and an excellent seafood restaurant.
For Historic Sardinia
Caligari, Bosa, Iglesias and Oristano are some of Sardinia's prettiest towns.
- Hotel Miramare in Caligari, is right in the heart of the city, opposite the harbour, with beautiful views out to sea. Inside the style is Belle Epoque fancy, with an excellent breakfast.
- For a fabulous guesthouse experience, book the Hotel Lucrezia, which is located between Oristano and Bosa. The gardens are lovely, and inside it's all whitewashed walls, cast iron beds and charming, homely paintings and tapestries. And its a short distance from an excellent beach, so a good spot for families.
- The Hotel Villa Las Tronas is just along the coast from Bosa, on a promenade which juts into the sea. This hotel has plenty of traditional charm. Suites have their own private decks and hot tubs, so this is also one of the best places to stay on Sardinia for honeymooners.
- If you're looking for traditional chic, try Albergo Diffuso Mannois in Orosei's Old Town. The decor is simple creams and whites, to make the most of this charming building's original features. There are 18 rooms starting from less than £70 a night.
- The Antica Dimore Del Gruccione in medieval Santo Lussurgiu, is a 12 room boutique hotel with rooms and apartments dotted throughout town. Though all different, the rooms have beautiful original features and an antique feel.
For a Beach Break
The Costa Smeralda hosts Sardinia's well known strip of beach resorts. The water here is transparent and bright blue, the sand is pale and the sunshine's abundant. It's busy though.
- The Hotel El Faro is a fabulous seaside hotel on a peninsula north of Alghero. With 88 rooms and suites - some with incredible sea views, this is a large hotel, so there are plenty of activities on offer and the facilities are good. Highlights are the Thalasso Spa and excellent Mediterranean restaurant.
- For your own private beach try the Hotel Sporting, which is just moments from Porto Rotondo’s harbour. There are 47 rooms, with vaulted ceilings and private balconies with sea views, plus a gourmet restaurant, tennis courts, a pool and gym.
- The Nascar Hotel is a good option if you're travelling with your family or a group and you want to stay somewhere comfy by the beach. The rooms are a generous size, some with private terraces, and the restaurant serves an excellent local menu. Right at the foot of the spectacular "Wild Blue" walking trail, this is also a great choice for hikers.
For a Rural Retreat
- The Hotel Su Gologone has been converted from a Sardinian estate and is surrounded by vineyards, olive trees and bougainvilleas, and serves up their own produce in the restaurant. You're up from the beach, but there's a pool fed from a local spring and the views are incredible.
- The Adiola Country Resort is a secluded resort overlooking Lake Liscia. There are 18 brightly coloured villas decorated in traditional, Sardinian style, and you’re surrounded by a thousand year old olive grove.
- The Lanthia Resort is set within a vast, peaceful garden with a private pool, but you’re also just a few minutes from your own private beach. The 28 rooms are spread amongst a collection of stone villas, with chic, modern decor.
For Luxury Lovers
- Hotel Relais Villa del Golfo & Spa offers private views over the Bay of Cannigione and a private yacht at your disposal if you want to explore the coastline.
- Bajaloglia is located right on the cliffs overlooking the Gulf of Asinara, close to the medieval town of Castelsardo. There are 15 rooms, suites and cottages - all with all the mod. cons. and some with private balconies too. The restaurant is traditionally Sardinian.
- Tenuta Pilastru was a farmhouse and is now a resort. It has 32 chic rooms and a fantastic pool and spa facilities. You’re not far from the beach and rooms start from less than £70 per night.
- The 27 room Spartivento Hotel is a luxurious, rural resort in the hills of Southern Sardinia overlooking the beaches at Chia and the Mediterranean. The decor is simple but elegant and the restaurant is traditionally Sardinian. You’re surrounded by terrain to explore.
- Ollastu is a large complex encompassing beautiful, natural scenery, 54 rooms and a private beach. There are two dining rooms, an indoor and outdoor bar, landscaped gardens and a pool. There’s also plenty of actives laid on for the kids.
- Antica Locanda Lunetta is an adorable, but rustic, B&B in the old town of Mandas in Sardinia’s rural interior. There are just three rooms, with lovely original beans and stonework, and some loverly furnishings.
- Close by is Domu Antiga, another great rustic B&B which also has three charming rooms. Here the rooms are better set up for families, and the views of the countryside are lovely.
- The Albero Capovolto is a quiet, five room B&B in Golf Aranci. There’s a pool with an outdoor seating area and a very relaxed atmosphere. Great for groups.
For Great Value
- With just ten rooms the Hotel Villa Pimpina is a homely place to rest your head in the charming fishing village of Carloforte. Rooms have tiled floors and sea views, some have balconies too, and there’s a small garden where you can have breakfast or sundowners. Rooms start from around £60 per night.
- The Hotel Panorama is right by the harbour in Olbia and very easy to get to. Modern and comfortable, with a gym, pool and everything you'd expect from a hotel which also caters for business guests, this is also a family friendly place with rooms starting from around £65 per night.
- For around £70 per night you can stay at Ca La Somara, which was once stables, but is now a chic collection of villas surround by well kept gardens. The 12 rooms are rustic, with lovely hand painted tiles and traditional Sardinian touches.
For a holiday villa or apartment
- For those who want a self catering villa or private sea-view apartment, we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Sardinia has three airports, Alghero Airport, which is ten kilometres northwest of Alghero, Olbia Airport, which is about four kilometres from the centre of Olbia on the Costa Smeralda, and Cagliari Airport, which is seven kilometres from Cagliari, Sardinia’s largest city. Cagliari’s port is right in front of the old town so you can easily arrive by sea. Olbia also has a ship and ferry terminal just a short bus or taxi ride from the centre of town, and if you’re cruising or sailing in to Alghero you’ll dock at Porto Torres, an industrial centre about 22 kilometres north of town.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend in Sardinia - we advise you to visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Sardinia’s Mediterranean climate means long, warm summers and short, mild winters, with most of the rain sandwiched between. It is known for being windy. And in some regions humid. in fact, for a small island, Sardinia has a number of microclimates. But generally speaking most of Sardinia is a pleasant destination almost year round. From the start of spring it starts to get pretty sunny, with between six and nine hours of sunshine a day, thought of course summer is the most popular time to visit, when the water is warm, and temperatures are in the mid-twenties. The temperature averages 18°C in October, so if you prefer a quieter holiday then September/ October is a good time to visit.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Sardinia for you?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay on the Costa Smerelda,
- or the best places to stay in Arzachena or Olbia,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Sardinia
Best Hotels in Sardinia
Hotel Nautilus Cagliari 293 rooms from £60Less £ - This is extremely good value in what is usually a very expensive holiday regionBeach Life - Located directly on the beach, this is a great base for a summer breakSailing - Well located as a stopping point for a sailing trip around SardiniaSights nearby - Two miles from Santuario e Basilica di Bonaria
Hotel Panorama Olbia, Sardinia 80 rooms from £65Families - Family suites sleep up to four and the rooms can either be divided into two separate spaces or kept open-planBeach nearby - Close to some of the most beautiful coves and beaches on the North East coastLocal exploring - Perfectly positioned just minutes from the city centre and the Poetto beachSights nearby - Take a tour of the city to visit the castle, the Roman Amphitheater (from the 2nd century) and the Basilica of San Saturnino
Hotel Villa Pimpina Carloforte, Sardinia 10 rooms from £61Local exploring - Explore the pretty town of Carloforte with sights such as the Fort of Carlo Emanuele III within easy reachCoastal - Located right on the coast this is a great destination for a summer breakSailing - Explore the picturesque coast aboard Latin sailboatsFishing - Traditional fishing boats
In the charming fishing town of Carloforte, Villa Pimpina has ten homely bedrooms - spacious and air conditioned, tiled floors and some with balconies and sea views. A small garden where breakfast and cocktails can be enjoyed. Very helpful and willing to organise local trips and seaside activities. See More
Tenuta Pilastru Arzachena Olbia-Tempio,, Sardinia 32 rooms from £68Romantic Break - With most of the rooms located in separate buildings across the hotel, this is a great choice for couples in search of privacyCountry Escape - Set in an unusual and picturesque rural setting made up of rolling hills and large granite rock formationsSpa breaks - The wellness centre offers a mixture of traditional and alternative therapiesCharming - Rustic chic design makes this a charming stayRecommended by - Michelin Travel
An excellent little resort-style farmhouse with charming rustic chic rooms. Fantastic pool and spa facilities, local restaurant, and extensive conference facilities. The ideal choice for a gathering whether for business or pleasure. Also not far from the beach and excellent value. See More
Ca La Somara Arzachena, Sardinia 12 rooms from £69Hideaway - A former stables, this rural idyll features hammocks in which to relax and a tranquil poolBeach nearby - With beautiful beaches and bays nearby this is a good choice for a summer breakYoga - Take an outdoor yoga class to start your morning the right way!Restrictions on children - No children allowed under the age of 14
Converted stables now chic guest villas decorated in vibrant colour palettes and well kept gardens. Fun hand painted tiles and embroidered Sardinian linens decorate the rustic bedrooms. Breakfast is laid back and served outside when weather permits - which is almost always! A homely hideaway. See More
Albergo Diffuso Mannois Orosei Nuoro, Sardinia 18 rooms from £69Trekking - Hike along the legendary Selvaggio Blu, one of the most spectacular coastal hiking trails in EuropeActive Holiday - Discover the spectacular Supramonte mountain range set just behind the propertyBeach nearby - Orosei boasts a gorgeous 8km stretch of beach to lounge uponSailing - Take a boat trip along the picture perfect coastlineRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Antica Locanda Lunetta Mandas Cagliari, Sardinia 3 rooms from £69Hideaway - With just five rooms and an inland location far from any crowds, this is perfect for those who want a tranquil escapeBoutique - Antiques sit beautifully against contemporary touches in this charming boutiqueValue chic - Get rustic chic interiors at the best for an absolute stealSights nearby - Situated in the old town of MandasRecommended by - I Escape
Domu Antiga Sardinia 3 rooms from £69Local exploring - Well located for exploring Sardinia's vineyards, hills and Nuraghic ruins plus there's also wild horses to spotCooking classes - Learn the secrets of Sardinia's renowned cuisine in one of the property's cookery classesCountry Escape - Set in Sardinia's rural interior this is a charming country escapeValue chic - A chic country escape offered at very reasonable ratesRecommended by - I Escape
Rustic chic B&B in the heart of rural Sardinia. Charming bedrooms have wooden floorboards and beams, painted shutters, and attractive furnishings. Fabulous hearty breakfasts, cooking lessons, and lots of countryside fresh air. The perfect country escape for a couple or family. See More
Boat and Breakfast Cagliari from £69Romantic Break - Experience a unique, romantic stay on a boat in Sardinia, ideal for an couples romantic breakFamilies - Perfect for families looking for something fun and a little differentHotel boats for hire - Take the boat out for a day trip to explore the islandDiving - There are some great dive spots in Sardinia
Hotel El Faro Alghero 88 rooms from £83Foodies - Enjoy exemplary Mediterranean fare with a selection of typical Sardinian dishesSpa breaks - Indulge in the fabulous Thalasso Spa and Dead Sea Salt Bath therapiesBeach Life - Miles of coastline and coves to explore and swim inBeach nearby - Nuraghe di Palmavera and Mugoni Beach
A fabulous seaside hotel on a peninsula north of Alghero. Beachy rooms and suites in nautical colours have lots of space, private balconies, and sea views. Top of the range Thalasso Spa, excellent Mediterranean cuisine, and lots of activities on the private beach and surrounding coastline. See More
Hotel Sporting Olbia (Porto Rotondo) 47 rooms from £85Value chic - With doubles starting from £85 this property offers incredible value for such luxuryBeach Life - With its own private beach and just walking distance from Porto RotondoPrivate Hot Tub - Book the suite for your private terrace with outdoor hot tubSailing - Head out on a sunset cruise embarking from Porto Rotondo.
With its own private beach area and just moments from Porto Rotondo harbour guests can experience the best of both worlds. Light airy rooms with vaulted ceilings enjoy private balconies and sea views. There is a gourmet restaurant, tennis court, swimming pool and gym. The ultimate seaside stay! See More
Hotel Miramare Cagliari, Sardinia 18 rooms from £86Sights nearby - Bang in the centre of Cagliari, right opposite the harbour, with the city's main attractions within walking distanceCity Style - Expect some avant-garde design in this sumptuous converted palazzoSpa breaks - Indulge in one of the Ayurvedic treatments on offerLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Antica Dimore del Gruccione Santu Lussurgiu, Sardinia 12 rooms from £78Active Holiday - From walking to horse riding there is plenty to keep busy with in the surrounding countrysideFoodies - Organic, fair-trade, locally sourced dishes are served - delicious!Local exploring - Wander the cobbled lanes of this medieval townBirdwatching - Spot a wide range of birds in the Sinis-Montiferru
Set in the charming medieval village of Santu Lussurgiu, this boutique guest house hotel has 12 apartments dotted around at different locations. Traditional parquet floors and charming fireplaces create an antique feel. Full of character with stone arched walkways and cobble courtyard dining. See More
Cortis Antigas Gesturi (SU), Sardinia 4 rooms from £82Local exploring - Located on a charming cobbled street in the historic village of Gesturi; perfect for an authentic Sardinian staySights nearby - Located just five minutes from the archeological complex Su Nuraxi of BaruminiFull of character - A beautifully restored 18th century house that hasn't lost any of its charmGreat walks - Stroll through the village stopping in the pretty churches along the way
A charming boutique property set in a historic village in a quiet part of Sardinia. Characterful rooms are traditional, but not stuffy, with a few choice antique pieces, exposed stone walls, and simple muslin curtains. The homemade breakfasts are a real treat. A truly authentic Sardinian stay. See More
Albero Capovolto Olbia 5 rooms from £100Honeymoons - Beautifully decorated rooms, romantic hideaway atmosphere and white sandy beaches close by. Wonderful for romantics.Wine tasting - Set right on the Vermentino Wine Route, a great spot for wine connoisseursBeach nearby - Lots of picturesque beaches within a 20min driveLocal markets - In charming nearby town of San PantaleoRecommended by - I Escape
A quiet B&B in a peaceful garden with new swimming pool. Very relaxed atmosphere with outdoor seating areas and cool indoor lounge. Bedrooms have air conditioning and all have en suite bathroom. An ideal getaway for a group or those looking to do their own thing. Plenty of beautiful beaches nearby. See More
Bajaloglia Castelsardo 15 rooms from £104Total relaxation - Lots of relaxation areas, pool, hydromassage tube, serene views, and suites set back in individual cottagesViews - Stunning view over Castelsardo medieval town and out to sea from its clifftop perchBeach Life - Just a stroll from the coast, this is the perfect location for a beach holidayContemporary - Light bright contemporary spaces, ideal for a chic beach escape
A contemporary resort-style hotel set on a clifftop with stunning views of the Gulf of Asinara and the medieval town of Castelsardo. Individual cottages form private rooms and suites with all the mod cons and private balconies. Excellent spa, pools, terraces, and a traditional Sardinian restaurant. See More
The Place Cagliari Cagliari 8 rooms from £108Local exploring - This hotel's location is ideal for local sightseeing, with museums, monuments and restaurants within walking distanceCity Style - Located in a heritage property in the historic centre of the city, this hotel has lots of local Sardinian styleRomantic Break - Beautifully appointed suites and a great location make this hotel the perfect base for a romantic city breakSights nearby - Head up to the observation deck at Bastione di Santa Croce for the best city views; try a sunset trip for a romantic atmosphere
This charming hotel is nestled within a 19th-century property located in the old town of Cagliari, steps from the city cathedral. The individually styled suites feature bold print, contemporary artwork and unique design pieces, in addition to luxurious rolltop bathtubs - great for a romantic break. See More
Adiola Country Resort Sant Antonio Di Gallura, Sardinia 18 rooms from £109Country Escape - This rural abode overlooking Liscia Lake and surrounded by 1000-year-old olive grovesActive Holiday - From hiking to cycling there are plenty of outdoor pursuits in the areaLakeside - Situated beside the picturesque Lake LisciaSights nearby - La Maddalena Archipelago
Dolce Vita Hotel Porto Cervo 18 rooms from £112Beach Life - Located just moments from the beautiful Costa Smeralda beachesPrivate Hot Tub - Book the superior hot tub room for its huge terrace with private hot tubViews - The pool terrace has fabulous views over Porto Cervo and the Med beyondSights nearby - Make a trip to visit the fascinating Tomb of the Giants
A charming traditional hotel set in the heart of Costa Smeralda just a short distance from the beach. Bright rooms have a Mediterranean feel with tiled floors, soft hues, and the best have small terraces. Indulgent breakfasts are served. A tranquil base to explore the picturesque region from. See More
Hotel Lucrezia Riola Sardo Oristano, Sardinia 7 rooms from £112Country Escape - A 17th century house set in beautiful countryside perfect for a quaint rural escapeHotel Entertainment - Enjoy the complimentary apertifs alongside a game of billiards in the early eveningLocal exploring - Close to beautiful beaches and the ruins of fabulous TharrosBeach nearby - There's no less than 20 beaches within a 20km radiusRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Nora Club Hotel Sardinia 27 rooms from £121Elegant - An elegant country escape boating antiques and an indoor pool adorned by a chandelier (nothing could be more sophisticated!)Trekking - Take long hikes through the rugged and picturesque Monte Arcosu (nature park)Beach nearby - Unwind under the sun on the beautiful stretches of white sand beach at PulaLocal exploring - A charming spot surrounded by fascinating archealogical attractions
A charming family run property set in the ancient Roman town of Nora. Well sized rooms all have their own private terrace and are decorated in a traditional manner. An outdoor pool, small spa and easy access to the archaeological site of Nora and the beaches makes this hard to beat. See More
Ollastu Olbia 54 rooms from £121Beach Life - The Costa Corallina and of the Marine Park of Tavolara and Molara have a selection of beautiful white sand beachesActive Holiday - Explore Tavolara and the islands of the marine park by boat, bike or footTraditional - Elegant interiors feature terracotta tiled floors and beamed ceilingsDiving - guided visits to the protected area of Tavolara and Molara (sea park in front of the hotel) can be arranged
Hotel le Ginestre Porto Cervo OT 80 rooms from £124Traditional - Beautiful traditional rooms feauture terracotta tiled floors and little balconiesFoodies - The superb restaurant serves superlative contemporary Sardinian cuisineGreat walks - Admire the views on long walks along the Pevero Heath TrailBeach Life - Located near some of Sardinia's best sand beaches
A luxury hotel set in a tranquil spot in Porto Cervo and boasting spectacular sea views. Traditional rooms are individually styled but all have large terraces and a distinctly Mediterranean feel. The contemporary Sardinian restaurant is a real draw. The perfect spot for a romantic getaway. See More
L'Agnata di de Andre Tempio Pausani, Sardinia 10 rooms from £129Country Escape - This ivy clad property almost blends in with its verdant surrounds - a true country escapeFoodies - Wild boar, amongst other local delicacies, can be found on the menuSights nearby - Archaeological sites such as Nuraghe MajioreGreat walks - Peaceful walking pathsRecommended by - Sawdays
Steeped in traditional history, this charming country retreat was built by Italian musician Fabrizio De André. A romantic setting with beautiful garden and vine covered balconettes. This secluded escape is perfect if you want to go 'off-the-grid' and completely disconnect. See More
Nascar Hotel Baunei Ogliastra, Sardinia 10 rooms from £130Beach Life - The property is set just 200m from the picturesque village beachFoodies - Sample real Sardinian cuisine in the fabulous terrace restaurantGreat walks - You are at the foot of the spectacular "Wild Blue" hiking trailVillage - Situated in the heart of a beautiful fishing villageRecommended by - I Escape
Hotel Le Palme Porto Cervo 92 rooms from £135Families - Family rooms can sleep 2 adults and 2 kids and there's a kids club in the summer monthsBeach Life - Set on its own private beach this is the perfect seaside escapeValue chic - A four star hotel that is very reasonably priced for the areaGreat walks - Don't forget to pack your hiking boots! Sardinia has a wide range of scenic hiking trails from gentle to more challenging
An elegant four-star hotel set on its own private beach. Interiors have a Mediterranean feel with terracotta tiled floors, large terraces, and arched windows. Offering a spoiling spa and set around a large swimming pool, this is the perfect place to come and truly unwind. See More
Spartivento Hotel Chia, Sardinia 27 rooms from £148Eco - The hotel is built from only natural materials including stone and wood and aims to preserve the local mediterranean ecosystemBack to Nature - Lagoons, coves, nature trails, mountains and forests are all nearby and ready to be exploredOther Activities - Lagoons inhabited by pink flamingos are on the hotel's doorstepWildlife Area - The nearby Cannoneris forest is renowned for its wildlife
Luxury rural resort in the hills of Southern Sardinia, overlooking Chia's beaches. Spartivento offers stunning panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea. Rooms exude elegant simplicity, and many boast a terrace for enjoying the views. The restaurant serves traditional Sardinian dishes. Rustic bliss. See More
Hotel Balocco Porto Cervo (Costa Smeralda) 40 rooms from £148Romantic Break - Book the Anna Suite for its privacy, its outdoor hot tub and its large terrace lending wonderful viewsFamilies - With babysitting available and a separate kids pool, this is a very family friendly stayBeach Life - Well positioned to access some of the most beautiful beaches in Northern SardiniaSwimming Pool - Outdoor with a separate kids pool
Petra Segreta San Pantaleo, Sardinia 24 rooms from £156Views - Spectacular views of the Gulf of Arzachena, the Island of Caprera, the Island of Maddalena , and CorsicaHideaway - A lovely property set in beautiful grounds set back from the coast offering a scenic hideawaySpa - Natural granite grottos carved by the wind are used as treatment roomsBeach Life - The beaches of the Costa Smeralda are devastatingly beautifulRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Relais & Chateaux
La Coluccia Conca Verde, Sardinia 45 rooms from £191Active Holiday - For those that like to keep busy there are numerous watersports plus horse riding and golf nearbyLuxury - An elegant contemporary hotel with exemplary service and a lovely small spaBeach nearby - An exclusive private little beach reserved for the hotel guestsBeach LifeRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Chic design hotel on Sardinia's north coast. Rooms are a charming blend of traditional and contemporary, some with seaview balconies. It's a short stroll to the private beach plus there's a pool, spa & gym. The restaurant serves gourmet Mediterranean cuisine. Glamour by the beach! See More
Hotel Relais Villa del Golfo & Spa Olbia, Sardinia 59 rooms from £172In/by a Nature Reserve - Great access to the National Park of La Maddalena Archipelago and its pristine beachesSpa breaks - The full-service spa offers some serious pamperingHotel boats for hire - The hotel's yacht can be taken out on reservationViews - Fabulous views over the bayRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Villa Las Tronas Alghero 18 rooms from £174Spa breaks - Unwind in the spa which features a massage area, sauna, Turkish bath and an indoor swimming poolFoodies - An elegant fine-dining restaurant serves up exemplary Sardinian fareHistoric - Formerly the holiday residence of the Italian royaltySwimming Pool - Two sea water swimming poolsRecommended by - Sawdays
Costa dei Fiori Sardinia 82 rooms from £180Beach Life - Set on Sardinia's stunning sunny coast, with beautiful views and just a short walk to the beach.Foodies - The excellent regional restaurant is a real draw and is paired with a choice selection of winesYoga - Meditation and yoga experts are on handKayaking - Take a kayak out to sea and explore the picturesque coast.
A picturesque flower-filled property with enviable sea views. Sunny rooms feature traditionally tiled floors and antique furniture. A stunning infinity pool is the ideal spot to while away a lazy day. The restaurant serves up superb regional dishes. Within walking distance of lovely sandy beaches. See More
Hotel Su Gologone Oliena Nuoro, Sardinia 69 rooms from £182Art Classes - Wide selection of creative courses including origami, mosaics, embroidery and much moreFoodies - Enjoy traditional Sardinian dishes cooked by the family matriachOutstanding location - Backed by the Supramonte mountainsTotal relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Sawdays
Cala Cuncheddi Olbia 79 rooms from £200Spa breaks - The Soha Medi-Spa uses herbs from the surrounding landscape to soothe away any aches and painsLocal exploring - Perfectly placed as a jump off point to explore the surrounding islands by boatContemporary - Chic modern interiors let the landscape do the talking!Beach nearby - Just steps from a beautiful stretch of beach
An elegant hotel on the edge of the beach with tranquil swimming pool, extensive spa and gym facility. Rooms are simple but stylish, decorated in calming neutral tones, many with a balcony overlooking the Med. The restaurants serve exciting Italian dishes. Perfect for beachside relaxation. See More
Lanthia Resort Santa Maria Navarrese, Sardinia 28 rooms from £201Foodies - Exquisite contemporary dishes are served in the elegant restaurantLocal exploring - Take boat trips to the beautiful surrounding beaches and baysBeach Life - Two minutes walk from your own private beachWine tasting - Visit the wineries of Cannonau Perda Rubia
Set in a vast peaceful garden with a private swimming pool just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are spread throughout a number of stone villas decorated with chic, modern design incorporating natural materials from the island. A hidden gem nestled between forest and beach. See More
Villa Anna Porto Cervo 4 rooms from £208Romantic Break - A small luxury hotel complete with a spa and atmospheric restaurant - perfect for a quiet holiday for twoGreat walks - Admire the views on long walks along Pevero Heath TrailSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult only
A small luxury hotel occupying a tranquil spot in pretty Porto Cervo. Spacious rooms have a Mediterranean feel with white-on-white style, intricately carved furniture, and lovely sea views. For a small hotel, the facilities are many, including a restaurant, a large outdoor pool, and spoiling spa. See More
Hotel Romazzino Porto Cervo 100 rooms from £298Families - With its kids club, spa and all round great range of activities and facilities there is something for all members of the familyBeach Life - Set right on a lovely stretch of white sand beach (and with sailing and watersports on offer) this is the perfect beach breakGroups - The five bedroom villas are ideal for small groupsSpa - My Blend by Clarins Spa with treatment rooms, sauna, emotional shower, steam rooms and relaxation area.
A luxury resort boasting an enviable spot beside a picturesque white sand beach. Bright rooms have a soft nautical theme with pops of blue offsetting the white. Private terraces lend spectacular sea views. With a large pool, indulgent spa, and private beach there is a real focus on relaxation. See More
Colonna Pevero Porto Cervo 100 rooms from £305Total relaxation - A pretty coastal hotel boasting no less than five pools, an extensive spa, and plenty of terraces to unwind onLuxury - A pared down luxury retreat - offering all the trimmings but none of the ostentatiousnessBeach Life - The two stretches of nearby beach feature powder white sand and crystalline waterSailing - Set out on a sailing expedition from Costa SmeraldaRecommended by - Tablet
An elegant coastal resort merging the charm of an original farmhouse with modern luxuries. Rooms have beamed ceilings and original tiled floors, while the furniture is more contemporary. The two restaurants serve up a good range of Sardinian dishes and there are a whopping 5 pools and extensive spa. See More
Hotel Cala di Volpe Porto Cervo,, Sardinia 71 rooms from £382Families - With its huge range of activities for all ages, plus great facilities and dining options it's ideal for familiesBeach Life - A Mediterranean delight set on a gorgeous stretch of white sand beachSpa - Shiseido mini-spa with steam rooms and a great range of treatmentsCooking classes - Private classes to teach you the best of Sardinian cuisine
An elegant resort offering impressive coastal views. Individually styled rooms have a Mediterranean feel with terracotta tiles, arched windows, and pretty private terraces. The Barbecue Restaurant is a destination in itself (having even drawn royal guests). A spoiling coastal break. See More
La Villa del Re Castiadas, Sardinia 48 rooms from £447Total relaxation - Total relaxation is guaranteed here; attentive staff will respond to your every need to ensure your stay is stress-freeBeach Life - Set on the beautiful south coast of Sardinia, steps from the beach, book this hotel for a luxury seaside getawayRomantic Break - With romantic suites, an infinity pool and excellent service, book this hotel for a relaxing couples' getawaySailing - Take a sailing course through the hotel and discover the Mediterranean from a fresh perspective; enquire with your reservation
This five-star luxury hotel is nestled on the south coast of Sardinia. Elegant guestrooms are dressed in a pearl-white palette with contrasting dark wood accents and a subtle nautical theme. Unwind by the outdoor pool or head down to the hotel's private stretch of beach for the afternoon. See More
Forte Village Santa Margherita di Pula, Sardinia 133 rooms from £552Beach Life - Set on a georgeous stretch of white sand beach, this is the perfect spot for a summer breakFoodies - A choice of 21 restaurants and there are often celebrity guest chefs organised tooFamilies - Find endless activities to suit both children and adults alike.Diving - Discover the corals, reefs and wartime wrecks in the crystal clear waters.
Hotel Pitrizza Porto Cervo 66 rooms from £486Romantic Break - The exclusive villas, complete with their own pools, are perfect for a romantic escapeFamilies - The two and three bedroom villas, each with private pool, are ideal for family groupsBeach Life - Set on a lovely stretch of golden sand beachGreat walks - Admire the scenery on long walks along the Pevero Health Trail
A luxury hotel set on a slope overlooking a beautiful golden sand cove. Rooms mix contemporary and traditional Mediterranean styles with large terraces, terracotta tiled floors, and swish bathrooms. Pick a private villa for your own pool. A spoiling choice for a break in the sunshine. See More
Villa La Casitta Olbia, Sardinia 2 rooms from £564Foodies - Cooking the freshest catch along with a superb selection of wines - the restaurant is a real drawActive Holiday - From hiking to fishing or kite surfing, there's plenty to do in the areaBeach Life - Set on one of the Mediterranean’s most beautiful stretches of waterViews - Great views from hotel