- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Porto Ercole
About Porto Ercole
Porto Ercole is a stunning historic town on the coast of Tuscany. Meaning 'Port Hercules', the town is striking and impressive with a beautiful old town formed around the medieval fort. Caravaggio famously died in Porto Ercole after being exiled from Rome by the Pope. Fans of the enigmatic artist can visit his grave at a local church. Combing a stunning coastal setting with beautiful architecture, our selection of the best places to stay in Porto Ercole make the most of the town's picturesque setting.
What not to miss
- The Tuscan archipelago is best explored by boat, so hire a vessel and explore the glorious coves and bays of the surrounding coastline.
- The surrounding coastline is dotted with superb snorkelling spots.
- Explore the fascinating Fort Stella.
- Go for lovely walks along the Tuscan coastal trails.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Porto Ercole take advantage of the town's magnificent positioning overlooking the Mediterranean.
The best places to stay in Porto Ercole
For hilltop luxury
- With a whole host of famous former visitors, it's easy to see why people are drawn to Il Pellicano. Highlights include a fabulous Michelin starred restaurant, plush suites and magnificent views out over the surrounding coastline. A clifftop wonder.
For an apartment or villa
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Porto Ercole is Rome Flumicino (67 miles).
- If you are keen to hire a car, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The summer months, May to September, is the best time to visit Porto Ercole, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Porto Ercole
Il Pellicano 50 rooms from £395Porto Ercole
A stunning clifftop hotel situated in Porto Ecole, on the Tuscan archipelago. Serving up a host of plush rooms, two superb restaurants (including the michelin starred Il Pellicano) and a lovely sea water swimming pool. Five star excellence that's ideal for a romantic break on the Tuscan coast.Foodies - Foodies will love the range of excellent dining options, including a superb michelin starred restaurant.Romantic Break - It's perfect for a romantic break, with deluxe suites, fantastic food and a sublime seaside setting.Cooking classes - Take a cooking class with the hotel's michelin starred chef.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Recommended by - Tablet