- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Ragusa
Usually you expect to see the historic old part of towns occupying the highest ground but in the case of Ragusa it’s the other way around. The slopes of the hills are where you’ll find the magnificent Baroque palaces and palazzos with their winding streets and cobblestones and the top of the hill is where the modern town sits. If you’re here for classic Sicilian peace and beauty then the best places to stay in Ragusa are the historic alleyways.
The reason Ragusa’s high ground has been modernised is that the original buildings were all destroyed in an earthquake in 1693, but some of the buildings on the slopes survived. Ragusa Ibla, is also where you’ll find the majority of Ragusa’s churches, including the Duomo, as well as the 18 local buildings on UNESCO’s World Heritage list.
Ragusa also has a notable Archaeological Museum, a number of beautiful gardens and some wonderfully winding passageways made of stairs and narrow archways.
Ragusa is a great place to come if you like a good rifle through a market, there’s one here almost every day the largest being the Wednesday market, which is held next to the football stadium.
There is also a beautiful beach nearby at Marina di Ragusa.
What not to miss:
- Visit the magnificent Baroque palaces and palazzos situated on the slopes of the hill.
- Wander through the winding alleyways and cobblestoned streets.
- Stop at the fascinating Archaelogical Museum.
- Rummage through the market stalls in search of all sorts of artifacts and knick-knacks.
- Unwind on the beautiful nearby beach, Marina di Ragusa.
The best places to stay in Ragusa include a number of very reasonable, very family friendly options, so it’s a great place to bring the kids.
For classic elegance
- The Antica Badia Relais is a beautiful old 12 room hotel, complete with oil paintings and Baroque furniture. There is an excellent restaurant and spa.
For great value
- L'Orto Sul Tetto’s six rooms start from around £50 per night and offer B&B facilities with plenty of Sicilian charm. Breakfast is taken on the roof garden and the rooms are elegant.
- Plenty of space, an outdoor pool positioned just 15 minutes from the beach makes Baglio Occhipinti ideal for family getaways.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airport is in Catania 97km from Ragusa or travel by train to Ragusa from Siracusa.
- Best time to visit - from July to mid-September when the tourist season peaks. However August is swelteringly hot. In fact April - June and September - October are the best times to visit with warm days and cooler evenings.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Ragusa
L'Orto Sul Tetto 6 rooms from £61Ragusa
Utterly charming B&B full of Sicilian character in Ragusa. Simple elegant rooms with parquet floors, comfy beds and white linens. Delightful breakfast roof garden surrounded by lemon trees. Understated, family friendly, and the best value spot in Sicily.Value chicViews - Lovely views from the terrace over RagusaSights nearby - Located in the centre of RagusaFull of character
Baglio Occhipinti 5 rooms from £87Ragusa
Gorgeous Italian manor house set within a vineyard. The house, from 1860 has five big bedrooms and living rooms to be enjoyed: filled with antiques, fantastic views and rustic fireplaces. All this plus an outdoor swimming pool, kitchen garden and restaurant using only locally sourced produce.Foodies - Explore the kitchen garden with organic fruit trees, local vineyards, plus foodie delights in nearby Putnesca & ScoglittiGreat walks - Putanesca, the small fishing village is a 20 minute drive away and has charming walksLocal markets - Daily fish market in Scoglitti, 15 minutes awaySights nearby - Short drive from the Baroque town of VittoriaRecommended by - Sawdays
Antica Badia Relais 12 rooms from £102Ragusa
Classic elegance in this beautiful old hotel. Frescoed ceilings, large arched windows, Baroque furniture, and oil paintings adorn the rooms and suites. Excellent restaurant and spa. A sophisticated choice for local explorers and romantics.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the historical centre of RagusaGreat walks - Caves of Iblei Mountains.Local markets - Good for local colour.