Search the best hotels in Rimini
Biggest and most bustling of Emilia Romagna’s beach resorts, and the largest centre on Italy’s Adriatic Riviera, Rimini needs a lot of hotels. So curating a list of the best places to stay in Rimini is a big job. You’ll find hedonism if you want it, especially in August, but you won’t find Irish pubs and greasy spoons, because Rimini is a very Italian resort, and our Gurus' recommendations for the best places to stay in Rimini reflect this. Our favourite picks are a hotel owned by a fashion house, and a space age wonder right on the beach.
Beyond the beach Rimini is a significant spot historically: founded by the Romans more than two thousand years ago, and home to a number of wonderful relics and ruins. There are so many Roman remains you don’t really need a map but it’s worth ensuring you see the Arco d’Augusto, which was built in 27BC, and the Tiberius Bridge – which was constructed in 14AD and is still in use today. Rimini’s Museo della Citta is packed with archaeological artefacts and notable works of art. Filmmakers may already be aware that Rimini is the birthplace of Federico Fellini, and he has a fantastic museum too. The majority of Rimini’s historic attractions are about a mile inland from the coast, so this is really a tale of two cities. If you’re interested in local food, culture or shopping, this is the best place to stay in Rimini.
Beach breakers to Rimini will find everything they need along the coastline, which is a repeating pattern of beach hotels and private beaches, cafes, bars and restaurants. There are two main roads, and the majority of the best places to stay in Rimini for a beach holiday are along them. A regular bus service runs up and down. Unfortunately these aren’t picturesque roads to stroll along, as the beach is masked from view by the hotels and private lidos, but it does mean that many of the beach hotels have total beach-frontage. If you do fancy a stroll there’s a stretch close to the port and the mouth of the river.
The Best Places to Stay in Rimini
For Beach-side Chic
- Carducci 76 is a chic choice, just along the coast from Rimini in Cattolica. This makes its level of chic more affordable, and owned by the Ferretti fashion house as it is, it’s quite a high level of chic! Its 38 rooms and suites offer classic minimalist monochrome, with plenty of space and huge bathrooms. The hotel has a restaurant, and the fashion house owns another seafood restaurant next door.
- The I-Suite Hotel is right in amongst Rimini’s buzziest beach spots, an ultra-cool contemporary hotel with a space age vibe, white décor and huge windows. There are 54 rooms and suites, and we recommend you make sure yours has a balcony, because the sea views are stunning. Expect DJ sets and hip events poolside, and in the bar, plus a friendly restaurant specialising in local cuisine.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Villa?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The closest international airport to Rimini is Falconara Airport, which is just outside Ancona, and is just under an hour away by car, or just over an hour away by public transport. Falconara Airport offers limited connections, so you might also want to consider Bologna Airport, which is about an hour and a quarter away by road, or about an hour and a half by train; or Florence’s Amerigo Vespucci international airport, which is about two hours away by car, or just over two and a half hours away by public transport.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- As with many coastal spots, spring and summer are the most popular times to visit Rimini, and during the peak beach season, between mid-July and the end of August, Rimini is so busy that the buses run 24 hours a day! This is the period when most Italians take their holidays, so if you want to visit at the same time as they do, you definitely need to book a long time in advance. April and May are great months to visit for visiting the sites; you’ll get some rain and some sunshine, and the sea will still be a bit cold, but the atmosphere is relaxed. September is a good choice if you want to avoid the crowds, but you still want to spend time on the beach and in the sea. October is changeable, and towards the end of the month the chance of rain increases. Rimini’s winter starts at the end of November and runs until March, and during this period some businesses close. The weather is comparatively mild, and Christmas is a beautiful celebration, but this is a quiet period to visit.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Emilia Romagna
- Consider one of the best places to stay in Pesaro, which is just along the coastline to the south, or Ancona which is just a bit further south again.
- Alternarively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Rimini
Best Hotels in Rimini
Carducci 76 Rimini 38 rooms from £68City Style - Seriously cool cosmopolitan interiors.Romantic BreakDesigner - The hotel is owned by the Ferretti fashion house.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A superbly chic cosmopolitan hotel owned by the Ferretti fashion house. Set on the coast, near Rimini, a popular beach spot. Minimalist interiors have Japanese Zen and hints of Africa. Sumptuous rooms and suites have large bathrooms, excellent spa treatments, two fab restaurants. See More
i-Suite Hotel Rimini Central Marina 54 rooms from £100Spa - Fabulous spa on the 6th floor with infinity pool, saunas, turkish bath and much more.Close to nightlife - Enjoy the many restaurants and bars nearbyBeach LifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with pure white sun umbrellas, soft bean bags and big white mats as an alternative to the classic sun bedsRecommended by - Tablet
A 5 star seafront hotel with ultra-modern design, a unique outdoor pool and top floor spa with stunning sea views. Bedrooms have large windows and many have balconies. The restaurant serves local specialities and large breakfasts. Great for a lively beach break! See More