Search the best hotels in Todi
In a region of spectacular and historic hilltop towns, Todi stands out. Our Gurus find its narrow streets, which seem to be built all on top of each other, especially charming, and marvel at the traditional ways life here passes, with the seasons and the festivals. Todi is a place several of our Gurus come back to over and again, so the best places to stay in Todi are well researched, and the accommodation options regularly considered, from the converted ancient water tower and former mill, to the family-run B&Bs and guesthouses in the centre of town.
Only a handful of our Gurus recommendations for the best places to stay in Todi are within the town’s triple ring of concentric walls: first Etruscan, then Roman, and Medieval walls. But they also know some wonderful rural retreats on the plains surrounding Todi. Our Gurus like these for their views of Todi, and for their peace and space. These rural picks are some of the best places to stay in Todi for families, but there are some dripping-with-romance picks in the list too, consider the Relais Todini, Castello di Montignano or the San Pietro Sopra le Acque.
The Best Places to Stay in Todi
- Tenuta di Canonica is an ancient water tower that looks over immaculate gardens, valleys of olive and fruit trees — and Todi itself. Now a 13 room hotel, its decor is stylish, its cuisine traditionally Umbrian, and the pool comes with a view. Sophisticated, welcoming and beautiful — it's a great choice for a romantic escape in an unrivalled setting.
- San Lorenzo Tre is a family run B&B in Todi's main piazza, with six charming rooms, and homely living spaces. If you value friendly hosts and a home-from-home atmosphere, then San Lorenzo Tre might be for you, because the owners’ family lived here for five generations before turning it into a B&B. We particularly like the panoramic views of Todi from the roof terrace.
- Il Ghiottone Umbro is a pretty B&B converted from a former mill on the edge of the historic part of town, with just three light, bright and contemporary rooms. Expect wonderful views, a garden with a terrace, an onsite cooking school, and stylish decor that references the building's original use, and features original details in a contemporary way.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to self-cater we recommend you contact our partner Booking.com.
- Fly in to Perugia San Francesco d'Assisi International Airport, which is about 50 minutes drive from Todi. Alternatively, there’s a bus from Perugia’s station to Todi, which takes about an hour and twenty minutes.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- As far as the weather is concerned, the best time to visit Todi is probably between May and June, when temperatures range from minimums of 10° C to maximums of 29° C. Although lots of people visit Umbria in the summer, Todi can get very hot with temperatures in the low 30s, and lots of sunshine. Christmas is beautiful and cheerful, and Easter is a big celebration, and both offer plenty in the way of festivities.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Umbria
- Consider some of Umbria’s other historic hilltop towns. What about the best places to stay in Assisi, Montefalco or Gubbio?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Todi
Best Hotels in Todi
San Lorenzo Tre Todi 6 rooms from £82Hideaway - An authentic stay- right in the centre of Todi, with charming traditional interiors, wonderful views and a family run charm.Cycling - The hotel provides secure parking for bikes and is ideally located for exploring the town and surrounding valley by bike.Historic - This 17th century building has been the Gagliardi-Pellegrini home for five generations before it became a hotel.Great walks - There is so much to see in this ancient hilltop town and due to narrow paths it is best tackled on foot.
Il Ghiottone Umbro Todi (Voc. Molino) 3 rooms from £95Hideaway - Nestled on the periphery of Todi in pretty, with secluded grounds, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationRomantic Break - The heritage building, verdant grounds and stylish rooms make this a romantic setting for a couple's getawayCooking classes - A professional in-house cookery school will have you whipping up local delicacies in no timeLocal exploring - Located within walking distance of the centre of Todi, it's a great base for local exploring
This pretty B&B is located in a former mill at the foot of historic Todi. The three individually styled rooms are bright and modern, with rustic touches adding a homely feel. Enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal al fresco, and book a cooking class at the onsite school. A charming stay for foodies! See More
Tenuta di Canonica Todi (Umbria) 13 rooms from £182Romantic Break - The perfect setting for a romantic retreat- In-room massage, private dinners in the grounds and beautiful scenery.Hotel Entertainment - After a day outdoors, enjoy a glass of wine and a game of billiards or settle with a book in the library.Great walks - Explore the olive groves and fruit orchards at dusk or dawn for some tranquil stolls.Wildlife Area - Nature lovers will enjoy exploring the acres and forest surrounding the property.Recommended by - Tablet
An ancient watertower overlooking immaculate gardens, valleys of olive and fruit trees and the medieval town of Todi. Rooms are stylish, cuisine is traditional Umbrian and the pool comes with a view. Sophisticated, welcoming & beautiful- a great choice for a romantic escape in an unrivalled setting. See More
Fattoria di Vibio Todi (Umbria) 18 rooms from £191Country Escape - Set in the beautiful landscape of a World Biosphere Reserve, this hotel makes a true Italian hideawayTotal relaxation - Enjoy total relaxation here with swimming pools, in-room massage and beautiful Umbrian countrysideRiding - The riding school horses are trained in the American-style and are perfect for exploring the areaLearning - Courses in Italian are avaliable to those interested in learning the local language
This hotel offers rustic-style private cottages in the Monte Peglia and Selva di Meana Park in Umbria. Inside, whitewashed walls and stone floors are set off by bright ceramics and local textiles. Head to the Zen spa for great valley views, the perfect place to relax and unwind. See More