Search the best hotels in Niseko
Niseko is an assortment of four interlinking ski resorts high in the mountains of Hokkaido. Famous for the deep powder snow that falls 18m on average every season, Niseko makes for the ideal ski holiday destination, particularly for families. With some great ski schools for kids, amazing off-piste slopes, activities like Heliskiing and Cat-skiing on offer, and a colourful nightlife, holidaymakers can enjoy a traditional Japanese "onsen" (hot spring bath) after a long day on the slopes, and visit the many bars and restaurants that line the streets. Check out our collection of the best places to stay in Niseko to find out more!
What not to miss
- Book a guided tour of the off-piste slopes.
- Relax in an onsen after a long day of skiing.
- Try your hand at heliskiing.
- Brush up on your skills by booking a session with one of the ski schools.
- Hang out with fellow skiers at one of the many bars in the town.
With limitless powder snow, untamed off-piste slopes and some fantastic hot spring baths, this will be the ski holiday of your wildest dreams. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Niseko to start planning your trip.
The Best Places to Stay in Niseko
- The Hotel Niseko Alpen is a stylish, contemporary hotel with superb access to the slopes and simply styled rooms with huge windows. Their restaurant serves regional delicacies and there’s an excellent onsen. And luxurious bathrooms.
- Ki Niseko is a sleek, boutique property right by the slopes with contemporary white-on-white decor, clean lines and luxurious bathrooms. And fantastic mountain views perfectly framed by the unfussy decor. There’s an elegant Japanese restaurant too.
- The Snow Crystal Apartments are a short walk from the ski lifts and designed with a minimalist approach throughout. There’s a sophisticated concierge team - a chic choice.
- The Green Leaf Village has an unbeatable spot right at the base of Mount Niseko Annupuri so you can ski-in and ski-out to some of Japan’s best skiing terrain. In the evening, relax in the spa or in the glamorous bar. There are 200 rooms, all of them chic, comfortable and reasonably priced too.
- Chalet Ivy is in Hirafu’s Upper Village, close to the slopes. There are 266 chic, boutique-style rooms, decorated in pale colours so as not to distract from the views. The Chalet has its own hot springs too.
- Shiki Niseko is a mid-sized hotel in Upper Hirafu Village, offering accommodation in rooms, suites or apartments. All just a short distance from the slopes. The food is good, it’s great for families and its ‘look’ is smart and stylish.
- A few miles outside Niseko is Zaborin, a boutique collection of 15 villas built directly over the Zabo natural spring. The villas offer minimalist chic decor and stunning views. There’s a fantastic traditional restaurant serving local cuisine.
- Grandpapa looks very European, with its Tudor-esque design, but this family-owned hotel is quite Japanese inside, complete with an onsen and a karaoke bar. The accommodation is simple and good value, with 19 rooms and a common area for socialising.
- The Nozomi View Apartments is another great value option in Niseko. These apartments come complete with well equipped modern kitchens and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the mountains. Plus you’re steps from the nearest ski-lift. Adults only.
For an apartment or chalet
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- The most common way for international visitors to arrive on Hokkaidō is via New Chitose Airport just outside Sapporo.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Hokkaidō is very much a year round holiday destination as far as Japanese visitors are concerned. This is where much of Japan’s best skiing is found, so it’s popular in winter, but it’s also appreciated for its natural beauty, so spring and autumn are also very popular - especially cherry blossom season, which is early May, and the autumn colours in October are quite something. And summer is warm, sunny, and very, very colourful - the wildflowers here are spectacular.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Hokkaido,
- or Japan,
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Niseko
Best Hotels in Niseko
Grandpapa Niseko (Kutchan-chō, Abuta-gun) 19 rooms from £75Great walks - During the summer months explore the area's beautiful mountain hikesRemote - Off the beaten track.
The family-owned Grandpapa offers unfussy accommodation in the ski town of Niseko. Each room comes with a TV and wifi, there's also a common area for socialising in the evenings, karaoke breaks the ice! Unwind in the Yukoro Onsen hot spring located just next-door! A simplistic & very friendly spot. See More
Nozomi Views Apartments Niseko (Hokkaido) from £93Skiing - A short walk from the Ace Family Lift at Niseko Grand Hirafu Ski Area.Active Holiday - A chic base with easy access to Niseko's numerous outdoor pursuits.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Views - Great views from hotel
A collection of chic apartments with spectacular mountain views. Open plan lounges feature polished wooden floors, well equipped modern kitchens and floor to ceiling windows. Rooms are contemporary and cosy. Just steps from the nearest ski-lift. A smart property, ideal for outdoor enthusiasts. See More
The Green Leaf Village Niseko (Higashiyama Onsen) 200 rooms from £111Skiing - The area is renowned as the powder mecca of Japan (there's miles of pistes too) and the hotel boasts ski-in ski-out access.Active Holiday - Find access to year round activities from skiing to hiking.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
A contemporary property located at the base of Mount Niseko Annupuri. Offering ski-in ski-out access to some of Japan's best skiing. Spend evenings unwinding with a cocktail in the glamourous bar or being pampered in the spa. The service is slick and rooms boast simple chic design. Superb. See More
Shiki Niseko Niseko (Yamada) 68 rooms from £123Great walks - During the summer months go off hiking around Niseko's mountainsSecluded setting - For escaping.Boutique
Located in the heart of Upper Hirafu Village, Shiki Niseko offers spacious and contemporary accommodation just a short distance from the slopes. The property offers a range of apartments for groups or families and serves up wonderful cuisine! Car rentals can be organised. A smart and stylish spot. See More
Aya Niseko Niseko (Hokkaido) 79 rooms from £105Foodies - This area attracts lots of gastro-tourism; this hotel makes a great base for foodies looking to explore local food cultureActive Holiday - Sitting at the base of one of Niseko Grand Hirafu’s most popular ski runs, book this hotel for an active skiing breakRomantic Break - With luxurious suites, a romantic open-air bath and sauna facilities, book this hotel for a hideaway couples' holidaySkiing - The hotel offers ski-in, ski-out access, perfect for a skiing break; ski storage is also available for guest use
This hotel offers a contemporary ski-in, ski-out experience in Niseko. Guest apartments are stylish and inviting, with soft lighting and wooden accents set off by chocolate and pastel teal hues. Soak in the hotel's open-air bath, the ideal place to relax after a day on the slopes. See More
Ki Niseko Niseko from £142Active Holiday - Just steps from the slopes and with a host of outdoor pursuits on offer.Skiing - Niseko boasts superb powder skiing and miles of pisted slopes.Fishing - In the summer.Views - Great views from hotel
A sleek boutique property located right on the slopes. Contemporary rooms are white on white with crisp linen, clean lines, luxury bathrooms and windows that perfectly frame the mountain views. Innovative Japanese fare is served in the elegant restaurant. A chic base for adventure holidays. See More
Hotel Niseko Alpen Niseko (Abuta-gun) from £151Active Holiday - The Niseko mountain range is a veritable playground for outdoor enthusiasts.Skiing - Niseko offers some of Japan's finest powder and piste skiing.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Secluded setting - For escaping.
A hotel offering the finest Japanese service, contemporary surrounds and access to superb skiing. Rooms are simply styled with expansive windows, luxury bathrooms and crisp white linen. Feast on regional delicacies and unwind in the 'onsen' (healing hot spring water). Ideal for adventure seekers. See More
Muse Niseko Niseko (Hokkaido) 9 rooms from £205Active Holiday - Offering secure ski lockers for each apartment in the residents’ ski room, book this hotel for a break on the slopesGroups - These spacious, contemporary apartments with multiple bedrooms and great living spaces are perfect for a group stayFoodies - Located opposite a Michelin-starred restaurant, this hotel is perfectly placed for foodiesSights nearby - Take a day trip to Otaru, a charming nearby town famous for its perfectly preserved historic buildings and irresistible seafood
This boutique hotel is located opposite the Michelin Star restaurant Kamimura on Niseko's popular central promenade. Contemporary guest apartments have stylish wall art and panoramic Mount Yotei views, plus cosy fireplaces. Enrol in ski school with the help of the friendly concierge. See More
Chalet Ivy Niseko (Kutchan-chō, Abuta-gun) 78 rooms from £266Great walks - Head off on a hike around the mountains and take in the spectacular viewsFishing - The Shiribetsu River has renowned fly-fishingDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotel
Chalet Ivy, centrally located in Hirafu's Upper Village, offers chic and contemporary boutique accommodation. The stylish rooms are decorated with light hues and each come with a seating area as well as a flat-screen TV. Unwind in the chalet's own natural hot springs! A simply wonderful stay. See More
Snow Crystal Apartments Niseko (Hokkaido) 11 rooms from £274Skiing - Find top-class skiing both on and off piste. Pre- purchase lift passes. Availability for ski storage.Active Holiday - Offering easy access to Niseko's outdoor pursuits.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Contemporary apartments boasting stunning mountain views and located a short walk from the ski lifts. Minimalist design throughout; think plenty of glass, clean lines, soft hues and polished wooden floors. The sophisticated concierge are eager to lend a helping hand. A chic choice. See More
Hinode Hills Niseko (Abuta-gun) 72 rooms from £292Active Holiday - This mountainous area is primarily known for its outdoor pursuits - from hiking to skiing there's plenty to do hereContemporary - A chic minimalist stay with all the luxury trappingsSkiing - Niseko Village offers some of Japan's best skiingDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A smart hotel set in Japan's famed ski area, Niseko Village. Sleek minimalist rooms are decorated in cool grey hues, with sharp lines and large floor to ceiling windows to enjoy the mountain views. With a gourmet restaurant and spa facilities to return to after a day spent outdoors; a luxury stay. See More
Aspect Niseko Niseko (Hokkaido) 11 rooms from £606Active Holiday - With an exclusive ski shuttle service available at the hotel, book this hotel for an active holiday on the slopesFoodies - Foodies are spoiled for choice at this hotel, with the best restaurants in Niseko on the hotel's doorstepFamilies - These luxury apartments are perfect for a family stay, with multiple bedrooms and spacious living areasSights nearby - Head to the 9th-floor open-air onsen at Toya Kohantei for excellent views of Lake Toya, Mount Yotei and Nakajima Island
This luxury bolt-hole offers accommodation on the acclaimed 'Millionaires’ Row' in Hirafu’s Middle Village. Guest apartments boast spacious living areas with floor-to-ceiling windows and spectacular mountain views. Take advantage of the dedicated concierge service for a stress-free stay. See More
Zaborin Niseko (Kutchan-cho) 15 rooms from £996Great walks - Head off on long walks around the area and get back in touch with natureViews - Great views from hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A few miles outside Niseko, the boutique Zaborin features 15 villas situated directly above the Zabo natural Spring. The villas offer minimalist and chic accommodation boasting wonderful views. Enjoy wonderful traditional local cuisine in their restaurant! A stunning and truly rejuvenating stay. See More