- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Sapporo
The Best Places to Stay in Sapporo
- On the 23rd snd 24th floors of the JR Tower, the JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo is a fantastic place to stay if you value your view. The interiors and unfussy - designed to emphasise peace and tranquility, and the French, and Japanese, restaurants are excellent.
- La Vista Hakodate Bay is a contemporary design means Art Deco masterpiece with 356 rooms and suites. You’re right on the water and in the heart of Sapporo.
The Best Traditional Japanese Accommodation in Sapporo
- Nakamuraya Ryokan is a traditional ryokan in downtown Sapporo. Though as well as the woven mat flooring and futons the rooms also have air conditioning. And there’s a spacious 24hour bath. There are just 26 rooms, the food is traditional too - and excellent, and it’s friendly.
- The most common way for international visitors to arrive on Hokkaidō is via New Chitose Airport just outside Sapporo.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Hokkaidō is very much a year round holiday destination as far as Japanese visitors are concerned. This is where much of Japan’s best skiing is found, so it’s popular in winter, but it’s also appreciated for its natural beauty, so spring and autumn are also very popular - especially cherry blossom season, which is early May, and the autumn colours in October are quite something. And summer is warm, sunny, and very, very colourful - the wildflowers here are spectacular.
Best Hotels in Sapporo
Nakamuraya Ryokan 26 rooms from £134Sapporo (Hokkaido Prefecture)
Nakamuraya Ryokan is a traditional Japanese inn located in downtown Sapporo. The air-conditioned rooms have woven-straw floors and futon bedding whilst there's also a spacious 24 hour bath to relax in. Enjoy meals served in a true Ryokan style with plenty of small dishes. A unique and friendly spot!Sights nearby - Check out the historic Former Hokkaidō Government Office buildingGreat walks - Take a stroll through the Hokkaido University's Botanic GardenQuirky - An experience!Traditional
La Vista Hakodate Bay 356 rooms from £200Sapporo (Hakodate-shi)
The downtown La Vista Hakodate Bay offers contemporary designer art-deco accommodation inspired by the Taisho period. Rooms come equipped with a coffee maker and an en-suite bathroom. If you fancy a novel culinary experience then head over to Hakodate Bay Gourmet Club! An upmarket and stylish spot.Great walks - Wander through the city's gorgous botanical gardens or take a stroll around Tachimachi CapeLocal markets - The bustling Hakodate Asaichi (morning market) has a superb range of food stalls to exploreSights nearby - Head over to Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse or go for a ride on the Hakodate RopewayRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accomodated in the hotel.
JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo 350 rooms from £246Sapporo (Kita 5, Chuo-ku)
Located on the 23rd to 34th floors in the JR Tower, this hotel provides chic contemporary accommodation offering splendid views of Sapporo. Wide-view windows with unfussy interiors emphasise peace and tranquility whilst their restaurants serve up stunning French and Japanese cuisine! A top spot.Sights nearby - Be sure to check out the historic Former Hokkaidō Government Office buildingGreat walks - Wander around Hokkaido University's beautiful Botanic GardensViews - Great views from hotel