Search the best hotels in Vang Vieng
About Vang Vieng
A tranquil town on the Nam Song River, surrounded by verdant mountains, Vang Vieng is a wonderfully appealing Laotian destination. Just two hours north of Vientiane by road, it’s the ideal springboard for nature-focused adventures aplenty, yet also boasts some superb cultural landmarks. If you’re looking to step beyond the hubs of Vientiane and Luang Prabang, consider our pick of the best places to stay in Vang Vieng. A romantic riverside hideaway awaits!
With jungle-clad limestone mountains rising through the morning mist, Vang Vieng is a dramatically picturesque part of the country. Once a party hotspot, this little community now has a reputation for rest and relaxation, inviting travellers to connect instead with the natural world. Guided hikes into the forest reveal ancient caves with blue-green lagoons and carefully preserved Buddha statues. The shrine at Phu Kham Cave is striking, as are the Tham Xang and Tham Nam Caves. Expect to find marvellous viewpoints, lovely waterfalls and peaceful natural pools for cooling dips on your travels, too.
Close to town, pop into intricately decorated 16th and 17th-century Buddhist monasteries. Settled in 1353 as a staging post between Vientiane and Luang Prabang, this is a region rich in cultural and religious history; speak to an expert guide to really delve into the detail. Cycle between the iridescent rice paddy fields in the early evening, enjoy kayaking and bird watching on the Nam Song River or simply soak up the sunset from one of the best places to stay in Vang Vieng.
The Best Places to Stay in Vang Vieng
For Riverside Charm
- Riverside Boutique Resort is an idyllic escape on the banks of the Nam Song River. With inviting guest rooms designed to reflect the individual traditions of eight ethnic groups, this is a tranquil, thoughtfully crafted oasis. The best rooms are steps from the pool and boast magical views, whilst the Restaurant du Crabe specialises in French-Laotian fusion cuisine. Very romantic.
For City Style
- The Amari Vang Vieng offers 143 contemporary rooms and suites in the heart of urban Vang Vieng. Pick this place for the swish guestrooms, complete with floor-to-ceiling views of the Nam Song River. There's a swimming pool, two restaurants and meeting rooms; ideal for business or leisure.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Vientiane Wattay Airport, just under two hours' drive from Vang Vieng. Hop in a taxi, take a bus or speak to your hotel to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- If you are confident driving in Asia and would like the flexibility of your own transport, contact our partner Rentalcars to hire a car.
- The weather in Vang Vieng is warm and humid throughout the year. Travel between December and March for slightly cooler climes. The rains are expected between November and March — bring umbrellas if visiting at those times!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to see the best places to stay in Vientiane.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Laos.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Vang Vieng
Best Hotels in Vang Vieng
Riverside Boutique Resort Vang Vieng (Laos) 34 rooms from £62Back to Nature - A restful, nature-focused escape on the banks of the Nam Song River, with outdoor activities and striking landscapes aplentyCooking classes - Head to a nearby organic farm to hone your Laotian cooking skills with the help of a friendly teamMountain biking - Explore the surrounding countryside by bicycle, with challenging routes aplenty for adventurersRomantic Break - Book a suite with private balcony and enjoy gorgeous riverside dinners on a romantic retreatRecommended by - Tablet
A beautifully designed property, right on the Nam Song River. Rooms are decorated in the style of eight different ethnic groups. All have spectacular views but the best are to be found lounging by the pool. Restaurant du Crabe d’Or serves Laotian and French cuisine and has an impressive wine list. See More
Amari Vang Vieng Vang Vieng 143 rooms from £125Local exploring - A chic, central property for business or leisure travellers in Vang Vieng, perfect for exploring on foot or by bicycleCity Style - A stylish contemporary hotel, perfect for those seeking a central, modern base with the mod-consSights nearby - Visit fascinating limestone caves of Phu Kham, Tham Xang and Tham Nam, amongst othersKayaking - Slink down the Nam Song River by kayak, spotting birds as you go
Unwind in style at this cool, contemporary hotel in the centre of Vang Vieng. Swish, spacious rooms & suites with big cosy beds boast floor-to-ceiling views of the Nam Song River or the verdant mountains beyond the town. An unusually smart and glossy offering in a tranquil, outdoorsy town. See More