Search the best hotels in Isla Mujeres
About Isla Mujeres
Just off the coast of Cancun in the deep blue Caribbean sea you will find Isla Mujeres - with its abundant sunshine, long white sandy beaches, coral reefs and dolphins - the perfect place to stay if you want to get-away-from-it-all and unwind. In our collection of the best places to stay in Isla Mujeres, we've highlighted a fantastic range of contemporary boutiques and plush resorts which are all ideal for doing just that!
Before it was settled in 1850, Isla Mujeres was a Mayan sanctuary to the goddess Ixchel - the remains of which can be seen on the Punta Sur, along with a lighthouse and a turtle sanctuary. Lying 13km from the Mexican coast, Isla Mujeres is renowned for its beautiful white beaches, with aqaumarine waters as clear as glass, and the easy charm of its people. More laid back and less busy than Cancun, it offers an abundance of coral reefs to snorkel or scubadive, as well as an underwater sculpture park. Other activities include swimming with white sharks, visiting a turtle farm, taking a boat out to the Isla Contoy National Park or exploring the island by golf-cart. However, the slow pace of island life could easily seduce you to into chilling on the beach - because for every activity junkie, there's a visitor who's come here simply to shut off and tune out.
A beautiful, relaxing stay, Isla Mujeres is perfect for either a romantic getaway, or an activity packed family break. But if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Isla Mujeres during the peak holiday months, you'll need to book well ahead to avoid disappointment.
The best places to stay in Isla Mujeres
Chic seaside boutique
- Casa de Los Suenos is an intimate yet spacious resort on the edge of the ocean. 'Welcome to the house of dreams', they say on arrival, and it's easy to see why, when you settle down with a marguerita to watch the sunset of this paradise from the comfort of your suite.
- Hotel Secreto is one of the few luxury boutique hotels on the island, a hideaway with a private beach, a gorgeous infinity pool, and it's own exclusive beach house, ideal for families.
- Zoetry Villa Rolandi is an all inclusive resort, grown up and relaxing. Many of the 35 oceanfront suites have plunge pools, and most can fit a third bed, ideal for families. The two restaurants serve top-notch organic food and the spa will leave you totally refreshed.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is between January and April, when the temperature averages at around 29 degrees celsius.
- Fly to Cancun, and get a ferry to Isla Mujeres. The journey takes 30 minutes.
- There are few cars on the island, so be sure to hire a golf-cart!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Quintana Roo
- or all the best places to stay on the Riviera Maya.
- Alternatively, contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Isla Mujeres
Best Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Casa de los Sueños Q.R, Isla Mujeres 21 rooms from £113Romantic Break - Sip cocktails on your private balcony overlooking the sea, feast on Mexican cuisine by the pool and pamper yourselves in the spaBeach Life - A stunning beach retreat overlooking the ocean, with direct beach access and fantastic watersports facilites just next doorWatersports - Next door you will find Parque de los Sueños waterpark offering a range of activites from ziplining to kayakingHotel Entertainment - You can't beat grabbing a cocktail and settling in by the pool for an afternoon with a good bookRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
An intimate and indulgent resort on the tropical Isla Mujeres. The sweet rooms offer private balconies, dark wood furnishings and scatterings of handmade local crafts, cushions and blankets. Overlooking the turquoise waters is the excellent restaurant GRILL, where there is often music and dancing. See More
Hotel Secreto Isla Mujeres 12 rooms from £265Total relaxation - A sleepy tropical island with a laid back charm, spend your days sunbathing, swimming with dolphins or snorkelling the reefs.Sights nearby - The hotel can arrange scooter rentals and tours of the island.Swimming Pool - Infinity pool with spectacular sea views.Restaurant - Breakfast only.Recommended by - Fodors
One of Isla's only luxury boutique hotels. A hidden gem with infinity pool overlooking its own private beach. The chic modern rooms boast floor to ceiling windows and original artworks, and the hotel has its own exclusive beach house. The new bar serves up dangerously good Margaritas. See More
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres 35 rooms from £1104Romantic Break - A serene and romantic resort where guests are offered a twice weekly complimentary sunset sail on the hotels private yachtTotal relaxation - A peaceful retreat offering spectacular seaviews from private balconies, an excellent wine list and spa treatmentsFamilies - Many of the oceanfront suites sleep 3.Pet friendly - Small dogs are allowed.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A grown up and relaxing, all inclusive resort, on the stunning Isla Mujeres. The elegant suites are comfortable and cool, with stone floors, marble finishing, white canopied beds and sea-views. The two restaurants serve top-notch organic food and the spa will leave you totally refreshed. See More