Search the best hotels in Puerto Escondido
About Puerto Escondido
Famed for its long swathes of golden sand beaches and perfect waves, Puerto Escondido is a haven for sun-worshipers and surfers alike. Long drawing a crowd of back-packers and surfers this is a small laid-back town with an easy vibe and no large international hotels. Indeed our pick of the best places to stay in Puerto Escondido focus on small properties with a relaxed vibe.
It is the waves that are the real lure here; find pros jet-skiing over enormous breaks before cruising through a 'barell' on Zicatela beach while beginners practice standing on the calmer waves of Carrizalillo beach. The two picturesque beaches of Manzanillo and Principal have gentler waters and are perfect for families and swimmers. For those looking for something other than surfing there is plenty on offer from whale-watching or turtle-spotting to fishing, sailing and horse-riding.
The town itself is filled with a superb selection of seafood restaurants, some lively margarita bars and colourful low-rise buildings. The bustling Benito Juarez market is the beating heart of this town and is jammed with vegetable, fruit and fish stalls. An ideal location for holiday-makers looking for an alternative to the more polished resorts like Cancun or those travelling on a budget. In fact many of the best places to stay in Puerto Escondido are available at very reasonable rates.
The best places to stay in Puerto Escondido
For Traditional style
- Villas Carrizalillo boasts an enviable coastal position in Mexico's surf hub. Traditionally styled throughout and featuring terraces to take in the sea views. Spend evenings dining on gourmet Mexican dishes and sipping cocktails. Beach chic.
- Hotel Escondido is a boho-chic property set on a gorgeous white sandy beach. Secluded bungalows mix contemporary style with rustic charm; think thatched roofs, natural materials, contemporary bathrooms and large terraces. Spend days lounging on the beach, surfing waves and unwinding in the spa. A hedonistic spot.
For a villa or an apartment
- If you’d prefer a self-catering option we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Fly directly to Puerto Escondido International Airport or alternatively take a connecting flight via the larger Oaxaca airport. Buses also run from Mexico City and take 12 hours.
- Puerto Escondido is a year-round destination with temperatures generally ranging between 25 - 30 degrees. However, if you want to visit during the warmest months plan your trip in May, June or July.
- If you want the flexibility of your own car we recommend you contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all our properties in Acapulco or Oaxaca.
- Browse through our whole collection across Mexico.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Puerto Escondido
Best Hotels in Puerto Escondido
Villas Carrizalillo Puerto Escondido (Oaxaca) 12 rooms from £113Beach Life - Situated overlooking the sea and with easy access to some of Mexico's finest surf spots.Surfing - Learn to surf on the gentle waves of Carrizalillo and watch the pros at Playa Zicatela.Sailing - Take a boat tour and search for turtles and dolphins.Diving - Find numerous scuba diving schools.Recommended by - I Escape
A collections of villas boasting an enviable coastal position in Mexico's surf hub. Traditionally styled throughout find white washed walls, wooden furniture, thatched roofs and terraces to take in the sea views. Spend evenings dining on gourmet Mexican dishes and sipping cocktails. Beach chic. See More
Hotel Escondido Puerto Escondido 16 rooms from £272Beach Life - Step into the laid-backed life with early morning surfs and days spent under the sun.Surfing - Find some of Mexico's best waves with areas for both professionals and beginners.Restrictions on children - An adult only property.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - Design Hotels, Tablet
A boho-chic property set on a gorgeous white sandy beach. Secluded bungalows mix contemporary style with rustic charm; think thatched roofs, natural materials, contemporary bathrooms and large terraces. Spend days lounging on the beach, surfing waves and unwinding in the spa. A hedonistic spot. See More