I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Search the best hotels in Heggenes
Heggenes is one of the main towns in the spectacular Øystre Slidre region of Oppland. The wonderful natural beauty of the Jotunheimen National Park is a short distance away and is an outdoor enthusiast's playground. The best places to stay in Heggenes provide a fantastic base for visitors looking to take advantage of the activities the park has to offer. There are activities aplenty for visitors of all interests - in winter the park is fantastic for snow sports whilst in summer it becomes a haven for hikers and bikers alike.
What Not To Miss
- Hit the slopes with spectacular skiing opportunities in the National Park - with dramatic, panoramic views ensuring a memorable experience. If you're feeling particularly adventurous, there is a 5-day ski tour that takes skiers through the frozen heart of the national park with overnight accommodation in a series of lodges.
- Alternatively, why not try something a bit different and go cross-country skiing - the park has an exceptional cross-country pedigree and hosts the annual World Cup.
- Or if you want a totally new experience try your hand at ice fishing.
- If you want a break from all the outdoor activity, visit the Valdres Folk Museum about half an hours drive from Heggenes, with visitors being provided with a fascinating insight into the history of the area.
- Although the Henggenes and the Jotunheimen National Park are fantastic winter destinations, visitors in the summer can also take advantage of everything from hiking to kayaking, especially with the long daylight hours in summer.
Our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Heggenes also includes the wonderful Herangtunet considered one of Norway’s great escapes.
- Herangtunet is a small, luxury Norwegian hotel in the stunning national park. Surrounded by woods and water, this traditional lodge has cosy country and city themed bedrooms with sitting room with log fire and comfy sofas. There are big banqueting tables and lots of atmosphere. A great spot to explore the beautiful countryside.
For an Apartment or lodge
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for properties in an excellent location for visitors looking to make the most of the spectacular surroundings.
- Fly to Oslo Airport located approximately 200km (124 miles) from Heggenes. The drive takes approximately three hours and the airport serves a great number of other International destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning national park, for prices visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - for snow sport, the cold season runs from November to March - whilst the warmer months from June to September provide better weather for hiking and exploring the park.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Heggenes
Herangtunet 9 rooms from £100Heggenes
A small, luxury Norwegian hotel in a stunning natural park. Surrounded by woods and water, this traditional lodge has cosy country & city themed bedrooms, and sitting room with log fire and comfy sofas. Big banqueting tables and lots of atmosphere. A great spot to explore the beautiful countryside.Hideaway - The perfect choice if you want an off the beaten track Scandanavian spotKayaking - Øyangen - lake tripsFull of characterFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.