- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Urubamba
Urubamba literally translated means ‘flat land of spiders’, but don’t let that put you off! Close to the Urubamba River the small town sits surrounded by stunning snow-capped mountains. It’s also a popular starting point for three to four day treks along the famous Inca Trail, ending at the spectacular Machu Picchu. The town itself is relatively high but not excessively so, and it’s for this reason that it is considered a great place to acclimatise to the altitude and stave off any chance of altitude sickness! It's also ideal if you're planning to use the Machu Picchu rail service. We’ve selected the best places to stay in Urubamba from which to start your adventure in Peru's Sacred Valley!
What not to miss:
Take a horseback ride with Hacienda del Chalan and amble along the Valley of the Incas. Stunning scenery and a well-rounded tour.
The Terrazas Agricolas Periodo Inca are one of many amazing examples of ancient Incan architecture and are well worth a visit.
- Visit Museo Inkariy to get to grips with the history and culture of the area. This small museum is very well curated and gives some fantastic insights.
- Unleash your inner thrillseeker at the Natura Vive, with visitors zooming down the mountain and over the Sacred Valley on a selection of different zip lines.
- Try a local speciality at the Cerveceria del Valle Sagrado - a specialist craft brewery where visitors can take a tour of the processes and enjoy a tipple in the tasting room.
The Guru's pick of the best places to stay in Urubamba caters to visitors of all desires - from centrally located properties to luxurious escapes.
For a central location
- Tambo del Inka features dramatic architecture in the midst of the Sacred Valley. The Modern comforts on offer will fully prepare you for the next day’s trekking! A pool, spa and fantastic restaurant make this a top pick.
For Idyllic seclusion
Sol y Luna is located just outside Urubamba and offers delightful secluded bungalows for the discerning visitor. Beautiful Peruvian décor encompasses a fantastic restaurant from which guests can admire the Paso horse show!
In the heart of the Sacred Valley, Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado houses a host of luxurious rooms and villas. This hotel has a very rural feel and offers a great spa and numerous outdoor activities.
For Something special
- Explora Valle Sagrado sits just outside the town and features some very unique modern Peruvian architecture. The hotel offers its guests many exclusive outdoor excursions and has some great fireplaces to relax by at the end of the day.
For a casa or villa
- If you'd rather have your own space, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties from the centre of town to more rural surroundings.
- Fly to Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport located 56km (34 miles) from Urubamba. The airport caters to numerous domestic destinations and several International ones.
- Alternatively, catch a bus to Urubamba with connections from Cusco.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the temperature is generally between ten and fifteen degrees throughout the year and to avoid the rain, aim to visit between April and August.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Urubamba
Belmond Hotel RIo Sagrado 23 rooms from $250Urubamba (Carretera Urubamba-Ollantaytambo)
Situated in the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Ollantaytambo, featuring a range of luxury rooms and villas. Forget about all your worries as you make use of their extensive spa facilities or get stuck in with the outdoor activities offered. A breathtaking and peaceful country retreat!Back to Nature - The hotel is situated amidst the Sacred Valley of the Incas surorunded by green fields, mountains and the Urubamba RiverTotal relaxation - Bask in your tranquil countryside surroundings, pop into the sauna or book yourself a massageRemote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Sol y Luna 43 rooms from $313Urubamba
Sol y Luna consists of a series of charming bungalows in the beautiful countryside overlooking the Urubamba Valley. It features classically Peruvian decor and a wonderful restaurant-be sure to enjoy lunch there while enjoying a special Peruvian Paso horse show. A peaceful and unique place to stay.Outstanding locationRemote - Off the beaten track.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Explora Valle Sagrado 50 rooms from $1100Urubamba (Fundo Salabella Silvayoc)
Featuring a quirky architectural design with plenty of wooden influences in Urubamba's Sacred Valley. It offers full board accommodation and spacious, contemporary rooms with gorgeous views. Spend the day romping around the area before relaxing with a good book by the fire. A unique spot.Country Escape - The property enjoys a stunning setting in the dramatic Valle Sagrado, far from the hustle and bustle of modern lifeActive Holiday - The hotel puts on more than 20 exclusive guided excursions and bikes are available if you fancy staying activeGreat walks - Hike across the valley's wonderful mountains and take in the breathtaking viewsFishing - The nearby Urubamba River is known for its excellent trout fishingRecommended by - CN Traveller
Tambo del Inka 128 rooms from $268Urubamba (Sacred Valley)
Tambo del Inka enjoys a wonderful location in the dramatic Sacred Valley of the Incas, Urubamba. This luxurious hotel features elegant rooms with marble bathrooms, an indoor pool, extensive spa facilities and a restaurant serving typically Andean cuisine. A superb choice to get away from it all.Total relaxation - Read a book on the terrace basking in your peaceful surroundings and treat yourself to sessions in the spaActive Holiday - Head out hiking, hop on a bike or workout in their gym-an ideal choice for those looking to stay activeGreat walks - Spend your days hiking around the mountains and taking in the breathtaking viewsRemote - Off the beaten track.