Search the best hotels in Setubal
Setubal has been renowned for its ocean bounty since Roman times, both the eating kind and the viewing kind. And it has a rather lovely pedestrianised old town which contains some of the best places to stay in Sebutal.
What not to miss
- Most visitors are attracted to Setúbal by its natural assets: the beautiful Sado estuary with its Bottlenose dolphins and flamingos, the pristine sandy beaches and the spectacular coastline of the Parque Natural da Arrábida.
- The city itself is worth spending some time in. Visit the beautiful 16th century Monastery of Jesus which is an early exponent of Portuguese Manueline architecture.
- There are also a number of wonderful churches including the Sao Juliao Church.
If you’re here for the great outdoors, some of the best places to stay in Setúbal can be found in the green hills surrounding the town.
The best places to stay in Setúbal
For a hilltop retreat
- Ha Mar Ao Luar is a relaxing hilltop retreat with just five rooms and a choice of self catering suites. As well as being just a short walk from the beach and a choice of bars and restaurants, it also has its own pool. Ha Mar Ao Luar is perfect for walkers.
For great views
- Pousada Castelo de Palmela is a glorious hotel with stupendous views out over Setúbal. Set in a beautiful cloistered pousada, the hotel offers smart rooms and an excellent restaurant. A great place for a relaxing break.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Setúbal is Lisbon (31 miles).
- If you're looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Setúbal is from May to September, when the temperature ranges from 21ºC to 28ºC.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Setubal
Ha Mar Ao Luar 5 rooms from £47Setubal (3114)
Relaxing retreat in the hills above Setúbal with a range of self-catering suites available and outdoor swimming pool. Rooms have individual features and furnishings. Walking distance to fish restaurants and bars, and choice of sandy beaches and coastal walks to explore in nearby area. Great value.Birdwatching - In Estuario do Sado including species such as white storks and flamingosGreat walks - In nearby Parque Natural Arrábida anf Estuário do SadoViews - View to Setúbal baySwimming Pool - OutdoorRecommended by - I Escape
Pousada Castelo de Palmela 28 rooms from £114Setubal
An attractive cloistered pousada not far from Lisbon with incredible 360 degree panoramic views from the fortified hilltop location. Plain, simple and comfortable.Sit-out Terrace - Amazing views to Setubal and beyondViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Visit the castle of PalmelaTraditional