Search the best hotels in Torres Vedras
About Torres Vedras
Torres Vedras is most famous for it's place on the line of forts that was built in secrecy to defend Lisbon in the Peninsula War. Substantial portions of the line, which originally included 152 forts and 628 redoubts, survive today and can be seen throughout the town. The city is distinctive for its red roofs and white washed buildings. Our selection of the best places to stay in Torres Vedras are actually some way out of town.
What not to miss
- History buffs will enjoy retracing the line of Torres Vedras that stretched from the town to the sea to stop the advance of the French troops towards Lisbon during the Peninsula War.
- To learn about the history of the city visit the Leonel Trindade Municipal Museum.
- Head down to the nearby coast and enjoy beautiful beaches and great surfing conditions.
In a region that famed for its excellent hospitality, our choices of the best places to stay in Torres Vedras will not disappoint.
The best places to stay in Torres Vedras
- A few miles away from Torres Vedras on the coast Areias do Seixo is a plush seaside hotel. Elegantly designed, the rooms are chic and luxurious with the hotel also offering a number of private villas. Enjoy sumptuous food in the hotel's restaurant and indulge yourself at the deluxe spa.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The closest airport to Torres Vedras is Lisbon (32 miles).
- For car hire, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Torres Vedras is from June to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
- Have another look at our list of the best places to stay in Torres Vedras.
- Expand the search to see the best places to stay in Sintra.
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Torres Vedras
Best Hotels in Torres Vedras
Vila Louro Torres Vedras (1, Casal das Pedrosas) 9 rooms from £48Active Holiday - There are beaches nearby that are great for surfing and bicycles available at the hotel to explore the areaSurfing - Go to some of Portugal's most renowned surfing beaches nearby for an active day out on the wavesSights nearby - Head to the picturesque villages of Mafra and Torres VedrasSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
A modern whitewashed villa set in simple, pretty gardens with a lovely indulgent pool. Inside, terracotta tiling and traditional wooden furniture create a friendly atmosphere while smart rooms are airy with polished concrete floors and unfussy modern furniture. A charming coastal bolthole. See More
Noah Surf House Torres Vedras (2560-042 A dos Cunhados) 21 rooms from £137Beach Life - Right by the the calmest of Nazaré’s sister beaches on Portugal’s Silver Coast. Boho-beach-surfer-retreat, a place to hang looseSurfing - As well as classes, guests are taken to off-the-beaten-track beaches to experience the best that Santa Cruz has to offerGreat walks - Guided and non-guided hikes around hidden coastline trails can be arrangedOutstanding locationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hip beach hotel with a surfer ethos, near the celebrated Santa Cruz surf beaches. Lovely self-contained bungalows and suites with chic repurposed and up-cycled decor, ideal for groups and couples alike. With its yoga classes, surfing and a far-famed beach restaurant, it is a destination in itself! See More
Areias do Seixo Torres Vedras (Póvoa de Penafirme) 14 rooms from £273Families - Each villa sleeps up to 7.Beach LifeSpa breaksHoneymoonsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
One of Portugal’s most magical hotels lies just 40 minutes north of Lisbon within sight of a glimmering sea. 14 rooms, all different and all enchanting, a handful of family villas and a restorative spa. Wood burning stoves, a touch of Scandi minimalism here, sumptuous Indian style there. See More