- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Torres Vedras
About Torres Vedras
Torres Vedras is most famous for it's place on the line of forts that was built in secrecy to defend Lisbon in the Peninsula War. Substantial portions of the line, which originally included 152 forts and 628 redoubts, survive today and can be seen throughout the town. The city is distinctive for its red roofs and white washed buildings. Our selection of the best places to stay in Torres Vedras are actually some way out of town.
What not to miss
- History buffs will enjoy retracing the line of Torres Vedras that stretched from the town to the sea to stop the advance of the French troops towards Lisbon during the Peninsula War.
- To learn about the history of the city visit the Leonel Trindade Municipal Museum.
- Head down to the nearby coast and enjoy beautiful beaches and great surfing conditions.
In a region that famed for its excellent hospitality, our choices of the best places to stay in Torres Vedras will not disappoint.
The best places to stay in Torres Vedras
- A few miles away from Torres Vedras on the coast Areias do Seixo is a plush seaside hotel. Elegantly designed, the rooms are chic and luxurious with the hotel also offering a number of private villas. Enjoy sumptuous food in the hotel's restaurant and indulge yourself at the deluxe spa.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The closest airport to Torres Vedras is Lisbon (32 miles).
- For car hire, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Torres Vedras is from June to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Torres Vedras
Areias do Seixo 14 rooms from £232Torres Vedras (Póvoa de Penafirme)
The epitome of eco luxury on the beach front. Upmarket eco design permeates all rooms, villas, and one townhouse, each different. Wood burning stoves, a touch of Scandinavian minimalism here, sumptuous Indian style there. It's eco eclecticism at its most luxurious. Fab spa and restaurant too.Families - Each villa sleeps up to 7.Spa breaksGroupsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet