Search the best hotels in A Coruna
About A Coruna
A Coruña lies on the northwestern edge of the Iberian peninsula and is historically the capital of Galicia. A big brash city, often overlooked by travellers. However, the city has plenty to offer from historical sights, a fabulous beach, buzzing nightlife and some exceptionally good local dishes. Unsurprisingly, the best places to stay in A Coruna are located right on the coast and we recommend choosing one of the chic contemporary stays for a little added luxury.
A Coruña is an important Atlantic port these days, though it's possibly most famous for its role in the Napoleonic wars. In 1809 the battle of Corruna was a significant setback for the French. The British commander on that day - Sir John Moore - is buried in the city and his tomb is a popular visitor attraction. More ancient, and just outside the city, is the remarkable World Heritage-listed ‘Tower of Hercules’. A Roman lighthouse dating back almost 2000 years and still in operation today!
The city also boasts one of the longest promenades in Europe, and there are good beaches - notably the Orzan and Riazor where you will find locals surfing. The winters get cold here so if you are looking for a beach holiday then plan your trip during the summer, however, be sure to book well ahead as the best places to stay in A Coruna will be very busy during these months.
The best places to stay in A Coruña
For the view
- Hesperia Finisterre is a smart modern hotel offering spectacular views over the port. Rooms are contemporary chic, plus there's three pools and a gourmet restaurant. Perfect for a city break.
For a contemporary stay
- Hotel Lois sits in the centre of A Coruña, only a few minutes' walk from the beach. The rooms are all decorated in a contemporary fashion and the hotel boasts its own on site restaurant specialising in typical Galician dishes. With easy access to the sights, it's perfect for a city break!
For a boutique
- Noa Boutique Hotel is nestled on a privileged seafront enclave facing Santa Cruz Castle in Oleiros. Guestrooms are designed to maximise the coastal location, with sea views from the bed and the bathtub.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of centrally-located properties ideal for exploring all the city has to offer.
- Fly to A Coruña airport located just 8km from the city The airport caters to various domestic and International destinations and has bus and taxi links to the centre of town.
- Alternatively, catch a train to San Cristóbal with rail links to other Spanish cities.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the area - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - from June to early Seprtember when the temperatures are at their warmest (the winters get cold).
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in A Coruna
Hotel Lois A Coruna 10 rooms from £54Foodies - The on site restaurant serves wonderful Galician specialities and there are numerous restaurants nearbyLocal exploring - Only a five minute walk from the beach, and within easy reach of all of A Coruña's main sightsSights nearby - Explore the gardens of Méndez Nuñez or visit the Millenium Obelisk
Hotel Lois sits in the centre of A Coruña, only a few minutes' walk from the beach. The rooms are all decorated in a contemporary fashion and the hotel boasts its own on site restaurant specialising in typical Galician dishes. With easy access to the sights, it's perfect for a city break! See More
Hesperia Finisterre A Coruna (A Coruña) 92 rooms from £83Local exploring - Located right next to the Old Town and a short walk away from the harbour, ideal for exploring the area on foot.Families - The quadruple room with two double beds, is ideal for families, and the playground offers entertainment.Local markets - There are a plethora of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes around the hotel.Swimming Pool - Three on site swimming pools
Noa Boutique Hotel A Coruna 28 rooms from £107Romantic Break - Wake up to sea views from floor-to-ceiling windows at this hotel, the perfect setting for a romantic European getawayBeach Life - Set on the coast close to Santiago de Compostela, book this hotel for a boutique beach breakSpa breaks - With an extensive wellness centre onsite, book this hotel for a European seaside spa breakSights nearby - Visit the UNESCO-protected Tower of Hercules, a lighthouse built by the Romans over 2,000 years ago and still in use todayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This boutique hotel is nestled on a privileged seafront enclave facing Santa Cruz Castle in Oleiros. Guestrooms are designed to maximise the coastal location, with sea views from the bed and the bathtub. Unwind on the chic rooftop terrace, complete with an infinity pool and jacuzzi. See More