Search the best hotels in A Coruna
About A Coruna
North of Santiago de Compostela and set on the western edge of the Iberian peninsula, A Coruña is the historic capital of Galicia. A big, bold seaside city, it’s often overlooked by travellers in search of a more low-key, traditional atmosphere. Buzzing nightlife and fantastic foodie spots, however, have drawn a crowd in recent years — as has the burgeoning hotel scene. Fit for a range of tastes and budgets, our pick of the best places stay in A Coruña are perfect for exploring. Some even boast dazzling sea views!
Now an important Atlantic Ocean port, A Coruña also has one of the longest promenades in Europe. Stroll alongside bustling eateries, cafés and trendy bars, picking a perch to soak up the sunshine with an ice cream or a cool beer. The Orzan and Riator beaches are popular surf spots during the summer season, and there are ample opportunities for boat trips and sailing excursions, too.
Maritime history buffs may recognise A Coruña as the site of the 1809 Battle of Corruna, which marked a significant setback for the French during the Napoleonic Wars. The British commander — Sir John Moor — is buried in the city, and his tomb has become popular with visitors. Venture beyond the city to marvel at the ancient Tower of Hercules, a Roman-era lighthouse which continues to function today. The teams at the best places to stay in A Coruña can point you in the right direction to see it.
The Best Places to Stay in A Coruña
For Ocean Views
- Hesperia Finisterre offers spectacular sea views from its port-side setting. An upsacle choice for couples, friends or families, the hotel has contemporary interiors, three swimming pools and a gourmet restaurant specialising in seafood. For well-heeled travellers.
- Noa Boutique Hotel is a gorgeous boutique pad overlooking Santa Cruz Castle and the sea. Chic interiors feature beds topped with crisp white linens, pale wooden furnishings and expansive ocean views from floor-to-ceiling windows. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi are a real treat. Romantic luxury.
For Great Value
- Hotel Lois, just a few minutes from the beach in central A Coruña, has simple modern rooms at affordable rates. Some of the larger guest rooms have private balconies. The Galician restaurant is excellent. A compact, well-priced city base.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into A Coruña Airport, and travel into town by taxi or bus. Alternatively, fly to Santiago de Compostela Airport, just 50 minutes' drive away, or take the train from major hubs across Spain. Many hotels will be happy to arrange an airport or station pick up in advance.
- Galicia is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect warm and sunny climate throughout the spring and summer, with temperatures averaging at around 22°C - 30°C between April and September. Winters are cool and can be rainy. You'll find fewer crowds outside the school holidays in April, May or late September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Santiago de Compostela.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Galicia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in A Coruna
Best Hotels in A Coruna
Hotel Lois A Coruna 10 rooms from £54Foodies - The on site restaurant serves wonderful Galician specialities and there are numerous restaurants nearbyLocal exploring - Only a five minute walk from the beach, and within easy reach of all of A Coruña's main sightsSights nearby - Explore the gardens of Méndez Nuñez or visit the Millenium ObeliskRestaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Lois sits in the centre of A Coruña, only a few minutes' walk from the beach. The rooms are all decorated in a contemporary fashion and the hotel boasts its own on site restaurant specialising in typical Galician dishes. With easy access to the sights, it's perfect for a city break! See More
Hesperia Finisterre A Coruna (A Coruña) 92 rooms from £83Local exploring - Located right next to the Old Town and a short walk away from the harbour, ideal for exploring the area on foot.Families - The quadruple room with two double beds, is ideal for families, and the playground offers entertainment.Local markets - There are a plethora of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes around the hotel.Tennis - There are four tennis courts for guests use in the sports complex.
Noa Boutique Hotel A Coruna 28 rooms from £107Romantic Break - Wake up to sea views from floor-to-ceiling windows at this hotel, the perfect setting for a romantic European getawayBeach Life - Set on the coast close to Santiago de Compostela, book this hotel for a boutique beach breakSpa breaks - With an extensive wellness centre onsite, book this hotel for a European seaside spa breakSights nearby - Visit the UNESCO-protected Tower of Hercules, a lighthouse built by the Romans over 2,000 years ago and still in use todayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This boutique hotel is nestled on a privileged seafront enclave facing Santa Cruz Castle in Oleiros. Guestrooms are designed to maximise the coastal location, with sea views from the bed and the bathtub. Unwind on the chic rooftop terrace, complete with an infinity pool and hot tub. See More