Search the best hotels in Ciutadella
An old Spanish charmer with a picturesque port and a lovely old quarter, Ciutadella is frequently referred to as Vella i Bella ('old and beautiful') and most visitors would agree. There are plenty of treasures to uncover here in the narrow cobbled lanes, including palaces, ornate Baroque churches and a Gothic cathedral.There are also plenty of galleries, boutiques and nice cafes and restaurants. You'll also find some of the best places to stay in Ciutadella within these small lanes.
Before the British arrived, Ciutadella was the capital of Menorca and is still a bustling busy place, both commercially and culturally. In fact about 40% of the island's residents live here. Don't miss the fish market which occupies an elegant Modernist building.
Ciutadella is right on the island's far west, closest to Mallorca, which is probably why it was originally the capital, and on a clear day you can see all the way across to her sister island. This is a port city, so it doesn't have a beach though there are beaches just south along the coast.
WHAT NOT TO MISS
- Make a stop by the bustling fish market for a sense of the daily city happenings.
- Take a stroll through the scenic Parc de la Ciutadella.
- Admire the intricate architecture of the Cathedral Basilica of Minorca.
- Head out south of the city and spend a relaxing day on the beach.
As with all the top Balearic destinations the best places to stay in Ciutadella are incredibly busy during the peak summer months. So either get organised and book early or come in Spring or Autumn when the crowds have gone, but the weather's still good.
For the old town
- The Hotel Tres Sants is a romantic little eight room hotel converted from a traditional manor house right in the old town by the cathedral. There are four poster beds, floaty linens and pastel colours throughout and the private balconies offer wonderful views out over the rooftops.
- Rifugio Azul is a charming guest house situated on a quiet street in the heart of the town of Ciutadella. Bedrooms are simple and colourful with terracotta tiled floors and exposed brick facades.
- The Home Hotel is a charming guest-house close to the Old Town. Find simple but stylish rooms with high ceilings, exposed wooden beams and terracotta floors.
- The homely, boutique property, Albranca Hotel features a terrace bursting full of fruit trees and accommodation in elegantly converted, 18th Century stables. Bedrooms are charmingly authentic yet with a modern style. Located near the town centre, there is lots to see and do nearby.
- 971 Con Encanto features white washed walls and exposed wooden beams - comfortable bedrooms with free WiFi and one self-catering apartment with lounge area and kitchenette. It comes at an excellent rate.
- The Cheap & Chic Hotel is a boutique guest house located on a quiet street just minutes walk from the town centre. Bedrooms have a contemporary feel - white washed walls, lots of natural light and modern art pieces.
For a boutique stay
The charming boutique Hotel Abril 37 is tucked away on a quiet street. Featuring a pretty courtyard garden - complete with vegetable patch and small orchard.
Just out of town
- The Hotel Rural Sant Ignasi is just outside Ciutadella, surrounded by the peace of the countryside and some exceptional views. Converted from an 18th Century manor house this hotel is filled with great antiques and curios and there's a pool and tennis courts on site.
- Biniatram is an eight room agriturismo offering both B&B and self catering accommodation on a lovely hillside just out of Ciutadella and about a mile from the beach. Rooms are simple and clean and there's a lovely pool - great value and plenty of local charm.
- The Hotel Rural Morvedra Nou is a beautifully restored 17th century home set in luscious flower-filled gardens with swimming pool, just a short drive from Ciutadella.
- A 16th century former castle is low key luxury. Minimal and muted decors allow its rustic beauty and natural furnishings to do the talking. Much of the fruit and vegetables at Hotel Can Faustino are grown on site and produce is local. There are two pools and sumptuous spa.
For an apartment or villa
- If you prefer a self catering property for your holiday then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Menorca Airport or Mahon Airport located 47km from the city.
- The best time to visit is between May and October, when the weather is warm. The tourist season is between June and September yet it doesn't get as busy as neighbouring Mallorca.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Ciutadella.
- Widen the net and check out all our recommendations in Menorca.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ciutadella
Best Hotels in Ciutadella
971 Con Encanto Ciutadella (Menorca) 6 rooms from £52Local exploring - Just 50m from Ciutadella Cathedral with bars and restaurants on your doorstepValue chic - Chic and modern accommodation at an inviting priceFishing - Fishing available nearbySights nearby - Cathedral of Minorca
White washed walls and exposed wooden beams - comfortable bedrooms with free WiFi and one self catered apartment with lounge area and kitchenette. Tucked away down a quiet, pedestrian street you feel a world away from the bustle of town - yet its sights and restaurants are within walking distance. See More
Rifugio Azul Ciutadella 4 rooms from £56Local exploring - 200m from Cathedral of Minorca and walking distance from many more sightsDiving - Available with Dive Inn MenorcaPrivate Hot Tub - Private Balcony Spa BathLocal markets - Ses Voltes (The Arches)
A charming guest house situated on a quiet street in the heart of the seaside town of Ciutadella. Bedrooms are simple and colourful with terracotta tiled floors and exposed brick facades. Each have a small private terrace or balcony. Just a short walk from good restaurants and local shops. See More
Petit Hotel 5 Fars Ciutadella (BALEARIC ISLANDS) 5 rooms from £78Local exploring - Located in the heart of the small town with most of its attractions within walking distance.Great walks - Take a walk along part of the Cami de Cavalls, a pathway running along the coast.Sights nearby - Visit the Naveta d'Es Tudons, an ancient funerary structure and collective tomb.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Cheap & Chic Hotel Ciutadella (Menorca) 7 rooms from £82Local exploring - Right in the heart of town it is easily accessible on footValue chic - The clue is in the name: a stylish stay at a great priceLocal markets - Spend a morning sauntering around the town's marketsSights nearby - Ajuntament De Ciutadella De Menorca
HoMe Hotel Ciutadella (Menorca) 5 rooms from £95Value chic - With doubles from just €80 per night including breakfast, it is excellent value for money.Local exploring - Situated right in the heart of Ciutadella, you can explore the town on foot.Sights nearby - You're right next door to the Old town, so there's lots to see on the doorstep.Local markets - Plaza del Mercat
A homely guest-house close to the Old Town. Simple but stylish rooms with high ceilings, exposed wooden beams and terracotta floors. No restuarant but there's a shared kitchen & charming patio terrace for outdoor dining. A short walk from the town centre with plenty to explore on the doorstep. See More
Hotel Abril 37 Ciutadella (Menorca) 8 rooms from £95Value chic - Great accommodation for a low priceTotal relaxation - Adults only hotelKayaking - Have a guided kayak tour to find hidden beachesFishing - Spend a day deep sea fishing
A charming boutique guest house tucked away on a quiet street. Relax and enjoy the courtyard garden - complete with vegetable patch and small orchard. There is also a cosy communal lounge area where coffee and pastries can be ordered. Bedrooms are bright, and decorated in a modern minimalist style. See More
Hotel Rural Sant Ignasi Ciudadela, Menorca 25 rooms from £99Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolTennis
Hidden gem situated deep in the coutryside between Ciudadella and the coast. Tastefully Restored 18th century manor house filled with rustic antiques. Wonderful food, plus swimming pool and tennis court on site. Perfect for a country escape, yet close to civilization if you need it. See More
Biniatram Ciutadella de Menorca 8 rooms from £100Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolTraditionalFull of characterBack to Nature
Hotel Nou Sant Antoni Ciutadella (Balearic Islands) 7 rooms from £118Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the historic quarter, ideal for exploring the city on foot.Sights nearby - Visit the Naveta d'Es Tudons, an ancient funerary structure and collective tomb.Great walks - Discover the scenic pathway that runs along the coast.Restrictions on children - Adult only
An historic house in the heart of Ciutadella offering a handful of beautiful rustic chic rooms. Design throughout mixes the building's original features with clean contemporary style. Think; exposed stone set beside white washed walls dotted with contemporary art and simple pale wooden furniture. See More
Sodium Boutique Hotel Ciutadella (Balearic Islands) 6 rooms from £108Local exploring - Perfectly located in the heart of Ciutadella, ideal for exploring the city on foot.Great walks - Take a walk on the famous bridle path Camí de Cavalls, which goes right round the coastline.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Boutique
A chic contemporary hotel set besides the old city wall perimeter. Light rooms boast large sliding doors leading onto private terraces. Inside the design is clean with white washed walls, minimalist furniture and modern fixtures and fittings. A smart base to explore the city from. See More
S'Hotelet d'es Born Ciutadella (Menorca Illes Balears) 3 rooms from £113Local exploring - Perfectly situated within the ancient walls of the capital giving easy access to the main attractions.Spa breaks - Indulge in the spa located within an ancient cave.Great walks - Take long walks along the scenic coastal path that runs around the island.Sights nearby - Discover the 19th century palaces of Salort and Torre-Saura.
An elegant hotel located in the heart of the ancient capital. Rooms are all white on white style with simple wooden furniture, luxurious bathrooms and linen draped four posters. A small spa located within an ancient cave is utterly delightful and the city's restaurants are just a stroll away. See More
Hotel Can Faustino Ciutadella 24 rooms from £136Diving - There are plenty of dive schools on the island and for the already certified try some of the more challenging cave dives.Sailing - 'Menorca en Barco' comes highly recommended for its group and private boat trips.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet
This 16th century former castle is low key luxury. Minimal and muted decors allow its rustic beauty and natural furnishings to do the talking with some rooms enjoying private balconies. Much of the fruit and vegetables are grown on site and produce is local. There are two pools and sumptuous spa. See More
Albranca Hotel Ciutadella (Menorca) 5 rooms from £119Value chic - Traditional yet chic with an inviting priceGreat walks - Explore 'Camí de Cavalls', the round-island coastal pathKayaking - Hire kayaks and explore hidden beachesSailing - Charter a catamaran for the day
Hotel Tres Sants Ciutadella de Menorca 8 rooms from £130Value chicRomantic BreakSights nearby - In the heart of the Cuitadella's old town. Close to the Episcopal palace. Only 150m from the portViews - Great views across the city from the roof terraceRecommended by - I Escape
A gorgeous little hotel in the old town near the Cathedral. A traditional manor house with romantic rustic rooms. Pastel painted walls, four poster beds, floaty linens and private balconies with views over rooftops. Lovely breakfast room, library and hot tub. Full of character, excellent value. See More
Divina Suites Ciutadella (Menorca) 8 rooms from £139Active Holiday - With lots of activities available in the area, from cycling to watersports, this hotel makes a great choice for an active breakHideaway - Nestled in the heart of Ciutadella, away from the busy seafront, this cosy, boutique hotel is a perfect hideaway holidayRomantic Break - Couples love the discreet, self-contained accommodation at this hotelSailing - Take sailing lessons at the local sailing and windsurfing school during your stay, and see the sea from a different angleRecommended by - I Escape
This boutique hotel is located in the heart of Ciutadella Divina, Menorca. Suites are bright and modern, featuring queen-sized beds with luxurious, Egyptian cotton sheets; the best have heritage features and a private patio. Enjoy the Mediterranean breakfast with fresh local products. A chic hotel. See More
S'Esparteria Hotel Ciutadella 10 rooms from £141Local exploring - Set in the heart of the old town, ideal for exploring by foot.Great walks - Take long walks along the beautiful coastal path that runs around the island.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic 14th-century Santa Maria of Ciutadella Cathedral.Full of character
A chic boutique hotel set on one of Ciutadella's historic streets. Lovingly converted throughout the style is clean and contemporary yet the building still keeps its original charm. The best rooms have private terraces and deep stone baths. A charming base to explore the island from. See More
Hotel Ca S'Arader Ciutadella 4 rooms from £171Local exploring - Ideally situated in the heart of the city just a few steps from one of the entrances to the medieval city.Great walks - Take long walks along the island's scenic coastal path.Sights nearby - Stop by the majestic 14th century cathedral.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Hotel Rural Morvedra Nou Ciutadella (Menorca) 19 rooms from £165Local exploring - A great base for exploring Ciutadella and the surrounding area.Hideaway - Off the beaten track location perfect for a holiday away from the crowdsViews - The property benefits from both country and sea views.Sailing - Enjoy a sailing trip from nearby Ciutadella
A beautifully restored 17th century home set in luscious flower-filled gardens with swimming pool, just a short drive from Ciutadella. Rustic chic rooms with terracotta tiled floors, exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings. Comfy communal lounge areas and authentic Menorcan cuisine. See More