- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Getaria
Getaria is a gorgeous medieval fishing village on the Basque coast. Something of a throw back, this gently slopping village is famed for it's sumptuous seafood and distinctive local white wine. The hometown of Juan Sebastian Elcano, the first man to circumnavigate the earth, Getaria has a rich history and culture that dates back to the Roman period. The best places to stay in Getaria reflect the town's relaxed, easy-going atmosphere.
Things not to miss:
- The Cristobal Balenciaga Museum gives visitors a fascinating insight into the town's history and heritage.
- The town has a lovely sheltered beach that's perfect for sunbathing.
- The town is famous for it's gastronomy, so don't leave without trying Getaria's delicious Basque grilled fish.
- Visit a Txacoli winery, the distinctive white wine from the Basque country.
Charming and luxurious, our selection of the best places to stay in Getaria are perfect for people looking for a relaxing romantic break on the Basque coast.
The best places to stay in Getaria
- Perched on a hilltop overlooking Getaria, Iturregi is a stunnging country house hotel. Boasting sumptuous rooms, glorious views and a lovely pool, it's a great spot for a romantic holiday.
- Saiaz Getaria is a delightful hotel in the heart of the village. Intermixing modern comfort with charming original design details such as exposed walls and wooden beams, the hotel offers superb rooms overlooking the sea.
For a private apartment or villa
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Getaria is San Sebastian (16 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partners Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Getaria is from June to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
- Have another look at the best places to stay in Getaria.
- Expand the search and explore the best places to stay in San Sebastian.
- Alternatively call or email one of our gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Getaria
Iturregi 8 rooms from £184Getaria (Guipúzcua)
A gorgeous country house in a rural setting, but close to the beach. Sumptuous rooms and suites are beautifully furnished, spacious, and have enormous bathrooms. Lovely gardens, pool, and terraces. Driving distance to nearby restaurants and sights. A rather romantic choice near the sea.Romantic Break - With only eight stunning rooms, a gorgeous pool, beautiful views, it's simply idyllicGreat walks - There are lots of walks for all abilities and the Camino de Santiago passes the propertyViews - Fabulous views of the Raton de GetariaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Saiaz Getaria 17 rooms from £77Getaria
A charming hotel with great views. Traditional rooms and suites all elegant in style, some with four poster beds, exposed stone walls, attractive furnishings and pretty fabrics. Sea views from the terraces. A good value, family friendly spot with a peaceful ambience.Local exploring - The medieval port town of Getaria makes an ideal base for exploring Spain's Basque Country.Sights nearby - Situated in the historic centre of GetariaGreat walks - Walk the coastal path east to Zarautz.Views - Fantastic sea viewsRecommended by - I Escape