- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ourense
Ourense has a wonderful historic quarter, built up when this Galician city was a key trading point in the 11th Century, great tapas and some tempting thermal baths. It's an unusual but ideal mini-city-break destination. And our list of the best places to stay in Ourense leads towards the romantic.
Things not to miss:
- Ourense the city is capital of Ourense the province. It was built up by the Romans who were keen on the local hot springs, called the Burgas, one of Europe's largest complexes, which offers both free outdoor bathing and an opulent indoor spa experience.
- There's even a spa within the labyrinthine Medieval quarter. This is also where you'll find many of Ourense's other interesting sights including the spectacular 12th Century cathedral.
- Ourense has the charm of Galicia's smaller centres with plenty of plazas in which to take a break from exploring the narrow streets.
A visit to Ourense gives you a taste of famous Galician hospitality and culture. All of the best places to stay in Ourense place are steeped in charm and embody the region's wonderful heritage.
The best places to stay in Ourense
- Unique and romantic, Palacio de Bentraces, a converted Spanish nobleman's house with just four luxurious rooms is filled to the brim with art and antiques. The gardens are beautiful, surrounding a large pool and they serve delicious Galician food on request.
- Inhabiting a stunning former monastery, the Parador de Santo Estevo is a glorious hotel in the hills. Coupling it's historic setting with stylish modern interiors, it finds the perfect balance between old and new. The perfect hilltop getaway.
For an apartment or villa
- If you seeking a little more privacy, why not explore the private apartment and villa options with our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airports to Ourense are Vigo (40 miles), Santiago de Compostela (48 miles) and A Coruna (72 miles)
- A car is great for exploring Ourense and the surrounding region, so we recommend visiting our car hire partner Holiday Autos.
- The best times to visit are at the start (May-June) and end (September-October) of summer, when the temperature is sits nicely in the early 20s. However if you like the heat, head to Ourense in July and August when average temperatures lie in the early 30s.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Ourense
Palacio de Bentraces 4 rooms from $126Ourense (Bentraces)
A stunning Spanish nobleman's house in a quiet village just outside Ourense. Superbly luxurious rooms and suites are traditional and filled with art and antiques. Beautiful gardens, large pool, and delicious Galician cuisine by request. The perfect romantic escape.Romantic Break - The perfect romantic spot.LuxurySights nearby - Just outside all the sights in Ourense.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Parador de santo estevo 77 rooms from $95Ourense
A beautiful monastery conversion surrounded by rolling hills and wooded valleys. Contemporary chic bedrooms and suites have simple furnishings and all the mod cons. State of the art spa, excellent restaurant, and beautiful views from sprawling terraces. Romantic, relaxing, enclosed by nature.Spa breaksViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Gargantas del Sil, Adegas Valcar.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor