Search the best hotels in Vigo
The biggest city in Galicia, Vigo boasts a great choice of bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Centred on a huge natural harbour, it must have the world's freshest seafood! There's something for all tastes – wonderful food, modern and historic areas, art galleries, museums and wide clean beaches., and our pick of the best places to stay in Vigo are ideally situated for you to enjoy all of the above.
Explore the historic town, relax at a pavement cafe in the Praza da Constitución. Wander down the narrow old streets and discover family run restaurants; sample true Galician cooking with fresh local ingredients – fish, shrimp, lobster, Galician pork, Iberian ham, salads and distinctive local cheeses. Brave the Pimientos de Padron, a dish of small sweet green peppers; about one in ten is a fiery surprise!
Energetic explorers should climb up to the ancient Castelo do Castro, built to fend off the British Navy, but now welcoming visitors with lush gardens, beautiful ponds and pools, waterfalls and superb views of the port and river below.
Head west of town for sandy beaches like Samil, a mile of bleached white sand with pools, showers, lifeguards and an alluring ice cream cafe.
Out of town, explore the beautiful Galician countryside of green woods, rustic villages, traditional farmhouses, ancient stone granaries and peaceful rivers.
The must-do trip from Vigo is the Cies Islands, a short ferry ride from the harbour. Relax on beautiful Rodas beach, a sweeping arc of soft sand, or climb up to the lighthouse for views that just get better and better. Unspoilt nature, wind-sculpted rock formations, fragrant pine woods, crystal clear water, a day in the Cies stays in memory forever.
Foodie or shopaholic, urbanite or lover of wide Atlantic-washed spaces, this city has something to delight you! Use our guide to the best places to stay in Vigo and start planning your trip now.
For sea views and the best beaches
- Pazo Los Escudos is close to Alcobra beach and Santa Baia beach. The hotel is an elegant old stone building with a contrasting modern area that includes a lovely spa. Come here for fantastic views over the bay and islands from the sea-facing rooms, plus five star luxury and service.
For exploring the Old Town
- The Hotel Puerta Gamboa is a beautiful old building right in the centre of Vigo, great for exploring the area on foot. Family run with wonderful food and service.
- The Hotel Inffinit is a modern building with stylish comfortable rooms. A great base for the Old Town and also for trips to the Cies Islands. Guixar train station is nearby for very affordable trips to interesting local towns like Santiago and Pontevedra.
- The Gran Hotel Nagari has a wellness centre with spa, indoor jacuzzi, massage, and a lovely rooftop pool. Again well situated for old town and trips out, but you might want to stay in and enjoy being pampered!
For an apartment
Think you'd rather be more independent and rent a city centre apartment or studio for your break? Our online partner, Booking.com, has a great selection for all tastes and budgets.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse our list of all the best places to stay in Vigo,
- widen the net to include all our Galicia recommendations,
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Vigo
Best Hotels in Vigo
Hotel Puerto Gamboa Vigo 11 rooms from £52Value chic - A great value choice, with chic rooms, excellent views and an ideal position to explore Vigo by foot. From jiust €60 per nightRestaurant - Specialising in locally sourced ingredients and accompanied by delicious local winesSights nearby - Visit the magnificent Concatedral de Santa María.Great walks - Take a scenic stroll along the marina.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A charming town house hotel well located in central Vigo. Gorgeous traditional rooms boast large private balconies, polished wood floors, chintz fabrics and luxury bathrooms. A small restaurant serves up home-style Galician delicacies. A delightful stay, ideally positioned to explore the city. See More
Hotel Inffinit Vigo 30 rooms from £69Local exploring - Central hotel means it is easy to wander down to the port, enjoy some fresh seafood tapas and lively barsSights nearby - The Quiñones de León: free entry museum in a typical Galician country houseGreat walks - Through the French and English style gardens of Castrelos ParkOpulent
Pazo los Escudos Vigo (Alcabre) 54 rooms from £84Beach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa breaksSights nearby - Castrelos Auditorium, Castrelos Park, Balaidos Stadium, Plaza America.
Gran Hotel Nagari Vigo 62 rooms from £87Sauna/Steam - The hotel is renowned for its spa and sauna facilitiesSpa - Award winning spa with numerous treatmentsSwimming Pool - Rooftop Pool and an indoor poolRoof terrace - Stunning views of the coastline
The perfect location for a restorative break in the heart of Vigo. A plethora of massages and treatments are offered by the luxury spa, coupled with a rooftop pool and bar that boast stunning views of the Galician coastline - a chic yet understated hotel not to be missed. See More