- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best places to stay on the Costa Blanca
Despite being popular, the Costa Blanca seems to have enough beautiful white coastline to go around. About 200kms worth. Most of the best places to stay on the Costa Blanca are well situated to make the most of this. So even in peak season you can find a peaceful cove, if that's your preference. But of course you can also find yourself a party beach! Stay in a lively resort, a mid-sized town or a small village.
This sunny strip of Mediterranean coast at the bottom of Spain has long been one of Europe's best known beach getaways. Which shows in the crazy wealth of things you can do here. As well as every watersport under the sun, there's everything from world class golf courses to bungee jumping. Plus plenty of choice when it comes to eating and nightlife and masses of colourful local events to keep you entertained.
With multiple international airports serving the region the Costa Blanca is both your sunny party capital, and an easy place to fly and flop. Southern Costa Blanca is where you can find the biggest resorts, Benidorm, Calpe, ex-pat favourite Torrevieja. Alicante offers more of a beach-side city break experience. While the northern coastline is dotted with smaller towns and villages, and the larger port and city of Valencia for those want a bit of action.
What not to miss:
- Unwind on the beautiful swathes of white sand beach.
- Play a round of golf on one of the many world-class courses.
- Participat in a variety of watersports from kitesurfing to banana boating.
- Head inland and explore the quaint traditional villages and picturesque countryside.
For the best places to stay on the Costa Blanca during 'the season' be sure to book ahead, but if you're not fussed about visiting in July or August you'll find fewer accommodation options - not everywhere stays open all year - but much lower prices. This sunny part of Spain makes an excellent base for exploring inland, where you'll find traditional style villages hardly touched by tourism, and beautiful dramatic scenery.
The best places to stay in Costa Blanca
To fly and flop
- La Madrugada offers reliable sunshine and sea views a short distance from the coast, in a town with a decent market and plenty of nice local scenery.
For a family beach break
If you're travelling with kids try Aqualandia, Europe's largest water park, or big brash Terra Mitica, Benidorm's thumping theme park. Or for the whole family, maybe a sailing day trip or two? Or a visit to Terra Natura, a cross between a zoo and a theme park?
- Casa del Maco is one of the best places to stay on the Costa Blanca for families, a rustic, elegant hotel surrounded by olive groves, almond orchards and vineyards - so make as much noise as you like!
For fishing village chic
Not all of the old fishing village charm has been concreted over. There are still a few small pockets of lovely 'old town' to be discovered. If that's what you're looking for try Javea or Altea. If you're looking for a hidden paradise seek out Granadella Beach, just outside Javea. And if you're looking for a picturesque, traditional mountain village visit Gaudalest, 30mins drive from Altea.
- If you choose Altea, consider staying at La Serena, which is right in the heart of Altea's old town, yet also has lovely sea views - it's only three blocks from the beach. It's also perfect if you're looking for romance - there are only 12 rooms and no chlidren in sight!
For a sunny city stay
Alicante is more than just a gateway to the coastline, it's a pretty dynamic regional capital, with a very Spanish feel. Most of the interesting sights are found in the charming old town - the 16th Century castle of Santa Barbara, the Museum of Contemporary Arts, and some excellent restaurants - so pop in for a day trip.
- For a city break with a seaside spot, you really can't beat Hotel Balandret. It's a stylish modern property right be the beach with the added bonus of a chic restaurant serving classic Mediterranean cuisine. What's more it's family friendly too!
- If you're not too fussed with being right on the beach stay at the Hospes Amérigo which is good for a bit of modern, city break glamour. This chic hotel offers gourmet cuisine and poolside pampering, with stunning views of Santa Barbara Castle, and it's only 300 metres from the beach.
- Caro Hotel is a five Star luxury boutique in old town Valencia. Enormous neutral rooms and mezzanines with sumptuous beds and sky light windows. An excellent Mediterranean restaurant and lively roof top terrace bar.
- This restored palace nestles in the pulse of the city - in the swish L'Eixample district. Hospes Palau de la Mar provides an oasis of calm - spa relaxation and gourmet delights - with its immaculately chic furnishings.
For a rural escape
- Cuatre Finques is a sweet six bedroom home in the Xalo valley, offering elegant white on white interiors and rooms with private balconies and spectacular views. The hosts are very warm and helpful and prepare a wonderful set menu for meals.
- La Escondida is a restored 17th Century manor in the hills above the Costa Blanca with amazing views. Bedrooms are rustic chic with exposed wooden beams, wooden floors and luxury mod cons.
- The architectural Vivood Hotel offers stand-alone accommodation built into the hills outside Benimantell. Their rooms are contemporary and chic with floor-to-ceiling windows offering fantastic views of the area.
For spa breaks
- Hotel Swiss Moraira is a colonial style property just five minutes from stunning beaches. Luxurious rooms feature intricately carved wooden furniture, romantic dark hues and asian artwork. A glorious spa will aide complete relaxation.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- The airport of Alicante (MJV) is situated right in the center of the Costa Blanca, from here all the beach resorts can be easily accessed. By train, from Alicante there are connections to Madrid (via Albacete), Valencia, Cartagena, Almeria and Catalonia (Barcelona)
- Weather-wise the best time to visit is during the summer months from May to October with temperatures peaking in August around 29 °C.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in the Valencia region,
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations in the near by Costa del Sol,
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
La Madrugada 8 rooms from $109Benissa, Valencia Region
A delightful country escape surrounded by mountains, waterfalls, and not far from the coast. A sunny house with a swimming pool, lovely gardens, and charming rooms. A great choice for a couple's weekend away.Views - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Jalon market every Saturday.Sights nearby - Guadalest mountain village.Great walks - Cordillera Penibetica.Recommended by - Sawdays
Casa del Maco 5 rooms from $109Benissa-Lleus, Valencia Region
A rustic elegant hotel in a stunning valley setting with views over olive groves, almond orchards and vineyards. Charming rooms have wooden beams and chintzy furnishings. Fantastic food served by arrangement. Swimming pool, luscious gardens, and plenty to do in the hills and on the coast.Garden - Stunning gardens overlook vineyards, almond orchards and olive groves.Views - Fantastic views down to the coastSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
La Serena 12 rooms from $189Altea
A contemporary chic hotel in the old town of Altea. Lovely sea views, beautiful creamy rooms with balconies, a swimming pool and terrace, and lots of activities on the beach and in the hills around. A great beach spot for families.Romantic Break - With just twelve gorgeous bedrooms and no children in sight, this is ideal for a holiday a deux!Views - Stunning views over the rooftops to the seaSpa - Small wellness area with sauna, hammam, ice fountain, hot tub and various showersSights nearby - Located in the heart of Altea's old townRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Balandret 21 rooms from $123Valencia
A stylish modern hotel facing onto Las Arenas Beach in Valencia. The elegant rooms are comfortable and spacious with many offering excellent Mediterranean sea vistas. Well suited to families with young children.Families - With a kids club and excellent multi-person suites, it's ideal for a family holiday to Valencia.Beach Life - A stunning beach-chic proerty standing right on the seafront of Las Arenas Beach.Great walks - Lovely walking in the nearby Jardí de Túria Gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the fabulous Covento de Santo Domingo.
Hospes Palau de la Mar 60 rooms from $185Valencia
This restored palace nestles in the pulse of the city - in the swish L'Eixample district. It provides an oasis of calm - spa relaxation and gourmet delights - with its immaculately chic furnishings. True city style and pampering in an outstanding location.CityPalaceChicElegantRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers
Hotel Caro 26 rooms from $156Valencia
Designed by Francesc Rifé, Hotel Caro is a stunning hotel in the heart of Valencia. Housed in a 19th century palace, the design mixes historic features with a chic modern aesthetic. With central Valencia on the doorstep, it's a perfect for a romantic city break.Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from Basilica de la Virgen de los Desamparados, Barrio del Carmen and Valencia Cathedral.Great walks - Take a magnificent walk through the UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town of Valencia.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.
Hospes Amérigo 55 rooms from $141Alicante
Gourmet cuisine and pool-side pampering at this chic hotel. Centrally positioned in the historic district of Alicante with stunning views of the cathedral and Santa Barbara Castle - and only 300 metres from the beach. Sophisticated city style.Foodies - Gourmet cuisine at el Monastrell Restaurant.CitySpa breaksCity StyleRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
La Escondida 12 rooms from $160Penáguila, Valencia Region
Restored 17th Century manor in the hills above the Costa Blanca with amazing views. Bedrooms are rustic chic with exposed wooden beams, wooden floors and luxury mod cons. Elegant outdoor seating area and relaxing sitting room. Indoor & outdoor pools, spa & tennis court. A grown up Spanish hideaway.Total relaxation - Come here for a complete break - there are plenty of activities on site, or you can simply chill by the pool with a good book.Great walks - There is a wide array of wonderful walking and hiking routes close by, suitable for all abilities.Views - Panoramic view over the surrounding countrysideSwimming Pool - indoor and outdoorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Cuatre Finques 6 rooms from $113Alicante, Valencia Region
A sweet six bedroom home in the Xalo valley, offering elegant white on white interiors and rooms with private balconies and spectacular views. The hosts are very warm and helpful and prepare a wonderful set menu for meals. Guests may wine, dine, cycle or hike in the area. Chic and comfortable.Country Escape - A perfect getaway, located in a small Spanish wine making town, ideal for a break from city life.Local exploring - There are several Spanish towns within easy reach, many with interesting shops and boutiques.Great walks - Maps are provided outlining the lovely walks in the area, as well as a guide to the flora and fauna.Swimming Pool - All outdoor pool for guestsRecommended by - I Escape
Hotel Swiss Moraira 36 rooms from $171Moraira-Teulada, Valencia Region
A colonial style property just five minutes from stunning beaches. Luxurious rooms feature intricately carved wooden furniture, romantic dark hues and asian artwork. A glorious spa will aide complete relaxation. Find Mediterranean gastronomy at its finest in the restaurant. Pure bliss.Beach Life - Just five minutes from a lovely sandy beach, and the on site restaurant serves excellent seafood.Total relaxation - A glorious spa, tranquil surrounds and complete privacy. The perfect place to unwind.Sights nearby - Explore Altea's Old Town cobblestone streets and enjoy its pretty coastal views.Great walks - Wander along the picturesque Altea's Harbour.
Vivood 24 rooms from $171Valencia Region
The architectural Vivood Hotel offers stand-alone accommodation built into the hills outside Benimantell. Their rooms are contemporary and chic with floor-to-ceiling windows offering fantastic views of the area. Get away from it all and feel utterly rejuvenated at this adult-only property!Country Escape - At the tranquil and rural Vivood you'll feel a million miles away from all your worriesTotal relaxation - Peaceful surroundings, massages available and no kids-what more could you ask for?Writing a novel - Sit out on the balcony and let the gorgeous views inspire your creativity!Sights nearby - Head over to Algar Waterfalls or Terra Natura to explore the beautiful scenery