- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Zahara de Los Atunes
Search the best hotels in Zahara de Los Atunes
About Zahara de Los Atunes
With a name that literally translates as 'Sahara of the Tuna', it's pretty obvious what Zahara de Los Atunes is about: sand and seafood. In the province of Cadiz, lying between Cape Trafalgar and Tarifa, Zahara has a relaxed, easy-going atmosphere that makes it a great spot for family break on the sea. Delicious cuisine pervades throughout Zahara and the town's distinctive red tuna has been granted the title of “the ibérico of the sea”. With beautiful, uncrowded beaches littered along the surrounding coastline, it's perfect for people looking to soak up some summer sun on the sand.
Things not to miss:
- Zahara de Los Atunes has beaches for all tastes. Ranging from the naturists favourite Playa del Retin to beautiful Los Alemanos which takes its name from the Germans to whom Franco gifted properties along the beach.
- Kite surfing is a big thing in Zahara de Los Atunes as well as surfing and stand up paddle boarding.
- Families might like to hire bikes or horses, both of which are a great way to explore the stunning surrounding landscape.
- The town is home to two superb food festivals, Ruta del Atun which usually takes place in May and Ruta del Retinto which is in late September.
The best places to stay in Zahara de Los Atunes tend to be on the sand overlooking the sea.
The best places to stay in Zahara de Los Atunes
For beachside resort
- Opening out onto Playa de Carmen, Hotel Gran Sol is a luxurious beachside hotel. Featuring luxurious rooms, a pristine pool and an excellent restaurant that focuses on Andalucian specialities, it's a great base for a trip to Zahara del Los Atunes.
For a private apartment or beach house
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airports to Zahara de Los Atunes are Gibraltar (33 miles) or Jerez (41 miles).
- For car hire, please visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Zahara de Los Atunes is from May to October, when the temperature ranges from 21ºC to 30ºC.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Zahara de Los Atunes
Hotel Gran Sol 64 rooms from £77Zahara de Los Atunes (Andalucia)
A classic beach resort boasting an enviable location. Sunny white washed rooms with large windows and private balconies. The hotel surrounds a large swimming pool. An elegant restaurant serves up Andalusian dishes. Just steps from the gorgeous beaches. Ideal for completely unwinding.Total relaxation - Just a short stroll to the beach and if that seems like too much work there's a gorgeous pool to sun yourself besides. BlissSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel