Search the best hotels in Celerina
Celerina is a most charming mountain village in the Upper Engadine valley area of the Swiss Alps. Originally agricultural, the locale for some time now has been intimately bound up with tourism and winter sports in particular. The best places to stay in Celerina offer the visitor a perfect base for enjoying this alpine playground.
Celerina is noted for its consistent sunshine and has the best record in the area. Despite being less renowned than its famous neighbour - St. Moritz - the village is not overshadowed and has its own unique attraction. The village is formed around the town square and there are many historic buildings from the seventeenth century still standing. The Church of San Gian, which dates from 1478, is a heritage site of national significance and a symbol of the village.
Although Celerina has none of its neighbour's grand hotels, the feel here is much more intimate. There is always something going on - whether the August jazz festival or the cattle descent or the World Cup Skiing at Corviglia...
Sport is the main theme - this is where the Cresta run finishes. In winter this is a mecca for all types of skiing with a direct lift connection to Corviglia. For non-skiers, there's also sledging, skating and curling. In summertime visitors mountain bike, hike, para/hang glide and simply bask in the breathtaking views.
Use our guide to the best places to stay in Celerina and start to plan your winter or summer adventure.
What Not To Miss
- Wander around Lake St Moritz on a sunny day and bask in your glorious surroundings.
- 15th-century Church of San Gian is a lovely historic spot that's well worth a visit.
- If you fancy something a bit more action-packed then head around Muottas Muragl's 4km luge course.
The best places to stay in Celerina
All in One Hotel is a mountain hotel with contemporary bedrooms and dormitories. Ideal for an active holiday. There's even storage and servicing for mountain bikes. An ‘All in one’ card provides easy access to lifts and railway transport. The breakfasts are hearty and there is a fun bar.
At Hotel Misani the bedrooms have individual themes, plus there's a lovely communal space and three good restaurants. The feel is homely and laid back and there is a popular bar. The ski lifts are just 200 metres from the door.
Hotelino Petit Chalet is a small (but perfectly formed) luxury hotel. Clean contemporary style combines with traditional charm and the ensuites are smart and modern. It's child-friendly and the ski lifts are on your doorstep.
Hotel Chesa Rosatsch is a cosy alpine lodge on the banks of the Inn river where you can enjoy a pleasant stroll. Bedrooms are classic style with exposed beams and private balconies. It is all very mountain chic and romantic - very popular with couples.
The Cresta Palace is a scenic mountain hotel with simple bedrooms and suites. Roaring fires greet you in the afternoon. There are three restaurants offering relaxed dining to fine cuisine. Indoor and outdoor swimming pools and kids club make this a very family friendly choice.
For St Moritz
- Nira Alpina is an unpretentious, but stylish, ski hotel with a wellness centre and easy access to the slopes. Each room has its own private balcony with breathtaking views, and there's a fantastic restaurant.
- Giardino Mountain is in a great spot in the centre of Champfèr, just across from St. Moritz. The hotel has 74 rooms, done in a modern style, which is a nice contrast to the traditional chalet-style exterior. There's a pool, spa and hammam to wind down in after your days on the slopes.
- Hotel Waldhaus Am See is a charming, typically Alpine lodge with simple and comfortable accommodation. Regional cuisine served up in the restaurant.
- Carlton Hotel is a truly special stay which has been attracting the rich and famous for years. Utterly luxurious accommodation, a Michelin-starred restaurant, and a top-notch spa.
- Kulm Hotel is another wonderfully-stylish stay, with glorious accommodation offering splendid mountainscape views. Plus, there are no less than five excellent restaurants to choose from!
- Art Boutique Hotel Monopol is a smart stay with tremendous views. The rooms are chic and contemporary, whilst the spa is a lovely spot in which to unwind after a long day on the slopes.
- Hotel Crystal. St Moritz is an elegant spot in the centre of town. Typically-Alpine accommodation and a scrummy restaurant.
- Badrutt's Palace Hotel is a magnificent 5* stay that oozes class. The rooms are bound to impress, and they even offer a personal butler service! Six restaurants, three bars, an indoor pool and extensive spa facilities.
- Hotel Hauser is a family-run hotel in the centre of town with simple but comfortable rooms and a lovely restaurant. Ideal for groups.
- The Steffani is a lovely stay offering smart and unpretentious accommodation with balconies overlooking the mountainside. There are three restaurants, three bars, a spa, and even a nightclub!
- Hotel Restaurant Corvatsch is a charming stay with typically-Alpine accommodation featuring plenty of pine furniture. Enjoy splendid meals in their locally-renowned restaurant.
- Hotel Nolda is a charming stay with cosy and pleasant rooms right by the slopes. Come back after a long day out skiing to enjoy lovely four-course dinners.
- Kempinski Grand Hotel Des Bains is a luxurious 5* spot that oozes class and sophistication. Plush rooms, a Michelin-starred restaurant, extensive spa facilities, and easy access to the slopes - what more could you possibly want?
- The 5* Grand Hotel Kronenhof is a magnificent stay that's bound to impress. Opulent rooms, a fantastic restaurant, award-winning restaurant, and lovely spa.
- Hotel Saratz is another luxurious choice, with sleek and smart accommodation boasting wonderful views. What's more, it has multiple eateries for you to choose from. A top spot.
- Hotel Allegra is a popular spot, with its smart accommodation, epic views, and all the facilities that you need to have a wonderful family break.
- Hotel Muller Mountain Lodge is a chic stay with contemporary white rooms, three restaurants, a fabulous wine cellar and lovely spa.
- Chesa Mulin is a smart 3* stay that's ideal for those looking for a comfortable stay that won't break the bank. Plus, it has easy access to the slopes.
- Hotel Albris is an idyllic stay with smart rooms boasting exposed wooden beams, wonderful views, and a lovely spa in which to unwind after a day out on the slopes. There's also an excellent restaurant.
For an apartment
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Fly into Zurich Airport before taking the train across to Celerina.
- If you're visiting for the skiing then you'll want to come between December and March. However, if you fancy hiking around the area then your best bet is to visit in the summer - the average temperature rises to 15°C in July.
- If you'd like the freedom of having a car with you then consider the options with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Browse our list of the best places to stay in Celerina.
Or, contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Celerina
Best Hotels in Celerina
All In One Hotel - Inn Lodge Celerina 67 rooms from £127Active Holiday - Get the 'All-In-One' card which includes the Mountain railway and lift pass (transport of passengers and mountain bikes).Great walks - There are tonnes of beautiful scenic walks right from the hotel, just ask at the front desk for details.Views - Great views from hotel
A mountain hotel with contemporary bedrooms, studios and dormitories, ideal for those on an active holiday. Mountain bike storage with servicing facilities. The hotel offers an 'All-in-One' card - an all inclusive scheme for the Mountain railway and chair lifts. Hearty breakfasts and an evening bar. See More
Hotel Misani Celerina 39 rooms from £167Active Holiday - The Ski Lift is just 200 yards away, and there are a range of other outdoor activities such as biking, hiking and tennis.Great walks - This area is packed with scenic walking routes, starting right from the hotel.Quirky - Charming themed bedrooms.Recommended by - Tablet
Quirky, uniquely designed bedrooms and lively communal spaces. Hotel Misani is laid back and homely with three good restaurants serving Swiss, Italian and Puschlav cuisine. A popular bar and close to nightlife - this is a great spot for those looking for something with a bit of character. See More
Hotelino Petit Chalet Celerina 13 rooms from £199Families - A child friendly hotel complete with a playground as well as boardgames and kid's tv channels to keep little ones entertained.Skiing - Just a two minute walk from the mountain cablecars and ski school offices.Active Holiday - The surrounding Alps offer endless opportunities to get active.Full of character
A small luxury hotel, just steps from the ski lifts. Rooms mix clean contemporary style with traditional charm; think unpolished wood, large windows and crisp white linen. The bathrooms are wonderfully modern. Indulgent breakfasts are served and restaurants can be found nearby. Fabulous. See More
Hotel Chesa Rosatsch Celerina 37 rooms from £219Active Holiday - With the Alps on your doorstep this is a wonderful base for active holidays. Relax in the spa post-activity for true indulgence.Great walks - Take a stroll along the lovely banks of the Inn River.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty churches in the village of Celerina.Romantic - Good for couples.
A luxurious cosy alpine lodge, on the banks of the Inn River. Classically styled bedrooms with exposed beams, private balconies, sink-into-beds and pine furniture. Feast on traditional Engadine dishes in the restaurant and unwind in the small but perfectly formed spa. Mountain-chic. See More
Cresta Palace Celerina 100 rooms from £285Families - With kids club, babysitting and children's playground to keep the little ones happy, and a spa and bar for the adults.Active Holiday - Alpine nature and the great outdoors - lots of activities in winter and summer months straight from the hotel.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor