- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Vevey
Majestic, flower-bedecked Vevey lies on the North shore of Lake Geneva. Darling of the belle époch, Vevey is still an elegant town with a palm-lined promenade and paddleboats on the dock. To the British, this town may be most familiar as the final home of Charlie Chaplin, but he is just one of many famous residents who have called Vevey home. Dostoevsky, Victor Hugo, James Mason, Shania Twain - they’ve all lived here! Our pick of the best places to stay in Vevey offer lakeside luxury in this charming Swiss town.
What not to Miss
- Vevey is where milk chocolate was invented in 1875, and this is still where you’ll find the headquarters of Nestle. There’s a Alimentarium - which is a Museum of Nutrition - and Nestle's own discovery centre, The Nest, which popular with both adults and kids alike. Also worth a visit are the Musee de la Confrerie des Vignerons - The Brotherhood of Winegrowers Museum - and Musee Suisse de l’appareil photographie - the Swiss Camera Museum.
- As well as being a alpine beauty by a spectacular lake, this is a popular wine growing region and Vevey hosts an international winegrowers festival four or five times a century - the last one was in 1997.
- In summer there's a twice weekly folk market, and don't miss the funicular ride up to Mont Pelerin to experience the stunning views from the top of the telecoms tower sited there.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Vevey offer top notch luxury in prime lakeside locations.
For a top notch spa
- Hotel des Trois Couronnes is a luxury lakeside hotel and spa with 172 years of history and tradition. It has a stately facade and enjoys panoramic alpine views and the comfort and service are everything you'd expect of a five star hotel. Plus there's Michelin starred dining and the spa is one of the best in Switzerland.
For traditional luxury
The impressive Grand Hotel du Lac faces directly onto Lake Geneva and the alps. It's traditionally elegant whilst providing every modern comfort. ‘Les Saisons’ restaurant is Michelin starred or there is ‘La Veranda’ for more casual dining and local dishes. Plus there's a spa with outdoor pool.
Just out of town
- For luxury and a hillside location for stunning views book Le Mirador. Its sixty three rooms and suites offer traditional elegance, plus there's a pampering Givenchy Spa and fine dining Le Patio restaurant.
For a self-catering Apartment or Private Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Geneva Airport is Vevey’s closet airport. From there it’s probably easiest to transfer to Lausanne, which you can easily do by train, and then all trains going from Lausanne in the direction of Valais stop in Vevey. You can also catch the boat from Lausanne. Lausanne is also connected to the extremely efficient Swiss Federal Rail system, which has excellent international connections.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Vevey and you want to see more of Lake Geneva - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars. There’s no car ferry on Lake Geneva, but the views from the road are often breathtaking.
- As with much of Europe, Vevey is busiest during the summer months, but the climate is quite pleasant all year round and temperatures aren’t extreme. You’re surrounded by the Swiss Alps, so if you visit during winter you have access to the snow, and of course those beautiful views, but during the summer you can swim in the lake. Autumn is changeable and it can be rainy, but from mid-spring the days are getting drier and longer and sunnier.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Vevey for you?
Best Hotels in Vevey
Grand Hotel du Lac 50 rooms from £225Vevey (Rue d'Italie 1)
A grand hotel facing Lake Geneva and the Alps. Elegant rooms blending traditional style décor with all modern comforts. Enjoy gourmet cuisine at Les Saisons, a Michelin starred restaurant or local dishes at La Véranda with an outdoor seating. A lovely spa and an outdoor pool. Super luxurious.Local markets - The Vevey - The Pleiades line leads you to a site full of tourist attractions in less than an hourSwimming Pool - An outdoor seasonal poolViews - Great views from hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Le Mirador 63 rooms from £219Vevey (Chemin de l'Hôtel Mirador 5)
A grand and luxurious hotel with a combination of classical and contemporary décor. All rooms and suites come with private balconies and a view to die for. Le Patio serves seasonal local cuisine and a piano bar hosts great live shows in the evenings. Lively, chic and upscale - very romantic too.Families - The spacious rooms are ideal for families, plus there is a separate children's playing area and baby sitting services provided.Back to Nature - All rooms have panoramic views over Lake Geneva and the Alps in the Rhone Valley- bliss!Great walks - There are plenty of great hiking options to choose from amidst the beautiful countryside.Swimming Pool - Heated Pool with a viewRecommended by - Johansens
Hotel Des Trois Couronnes 71 rooms from £187Vevey
Luxurious lakeside hotel and destination spa in the smart Montreux Riviera town of Vevey with 170-plus years of tradition behind it. Stately presence on Lake Geneva commands stunning Alpine views, combined with extreme comfort and classic Swiss five-star service ethos5* Luxury - Everyone from Russian princesses to Saudi Sheikhs to Hollywood film stars has found it to their tastesRestaurant - Michelin-starred restaurant Les Trois Couronnes for fine dining, H3C restaurant is more casualViews - Views to die from the terrace overlooking Lake Geneva onto the towering Alps beyondSpa breaks - Puressens Destination Spa is one of the best in SwitzerlandRecommended by - Fodors