Search the best hotels in Praslin
Praslin is the second largest of the Seychelles islands, a granite-based beauty with a long ridge of mountains covered in jungle, which drops sharply down to pristine, clear-water bays fringed by perfect white sand. There are plenty of palm trees, an incredible array of unusual flair and fauna and some really gorgeous hotels and resorts. Some of the best places to stay on Praslin appear in lists of the world’s great honeymoon hotels, or perfect private island resorts.
Praslin is sleepier than neighbour Mahé, and the best places to stay on Praslin are more likely to offer private beach dining than a nightclub. This is also an incredible island for hikers and would-be explorers. Praslin’s Vallée de Mai is a national park and world heritage site, and a great place for spotting the famous coco de mer, the double coconut, but there are all sorts of rare birds and animals here too, including the rare Seychelles Black Parrot. And the best places to stay on Praslin are never more than a few minutes from one of Praslin’s perfect beaches.
Where to Stay
- Anse Lazio on Praslin’s northwest is a regular finalist lists of the best beaches in the Seychelles, and so many of the best places to stay on Praslin boast about how close they are to this beach.
- Anse Volbert is another popular beach.
- As is Grand Anse, as serveral of our recommendations are along this stretch of coastline.
- Just off the coast of Praslin are the small islands of Aride, Cousin and Curiesuse, which offer a castaway feel.
The Best Places to Stay on Praslin
Some of the Most Romantic Places to Stay on Praslin
- If you want all the bells and whistles, Constance Lemuria on Praslin might be the best place to stay in the Seychelles for you. It’s right on the beach, but close to three of the island’s more beautiful beaches, and has a huge spa offering — some of its suites come with their own massage pavilion, sauna and jacuzzi. It’s also close to an 18hole golf course.
- Le Domaine de la Réserve on gorgeous Anse Petit Cour on Praslin, is a beautiful hotel resort with just 40 rooms, suites and colonial/ Creole style villas. As well as being fairly secluded around a beautiful stretch of beach, the hotel has one of the largest pools in the Seychelles. There are some very comfortable family options here too, but it’s also very romantic.
- In a relatively secluded spot on the north-east coast of Praslin, L'Archipel is a really charming hotel with just 32 rooms and suites, all luxuriously minimalist, with spectacular views. There are two Creole restaurants and a friendly, relaxed vibe.
The Best Hotel Views on Praslin
- Le Domaine de l’Orangerie is a beautifully designed resort surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens and on a beautiful stretch of private beach. You get the idea, it’s just an incredible location and they’ve built a really unobtrusive hotel here, with 128 rooms, suites and villas of varying sizes. This is the perfect place to come to snorkel, stroll around, enjoy the sunset and just generally lap up the surrounding beauty.
- Le Château de Feuilles is a five-star, resort with just nine suites. The Praslin location means you’re close to operators who can take you out fishing, snorkelling or diving, but it’s a small hotel in a privileged location with access to its own small private island, Grande Soeur, which is 20minutes away by boat.
- Raffles Seychelles is a luxurious hotel on the seafront at the Baie Sainte Anne, with 86 rooms and villas. The sunsets are beautiful when seen from the hotel’s private terraces, and there’s a spa, plunge pools and an excellent sushi restaurant.
The Best Places to Stay on Praslin for Families
- The Dhevatara Beach Hotel at Grand’Anse on Praslin, is a small property with just ten, boutique-feeling suites, with open-plan living in a traditional Seychellois style — some of the suites have sea views. There’s a Creole restaurant, and you’re close to some great fishing, canoeing and snorkelling spots.
Some of the Best Value Places to Stay on Praslin
- The Treasure Island Retreat in Anse Kerlan on Praslin is a collection of just four apartments, but in a fantastic spot next to one of Praslin’s most beautiful beaches. Each apartment has a fully-equipped kitchen, and open-plan dining and lounge, and a balcony or terrace with sea views.
Prefer a Private Villa?
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- If you don’t have your own private yacht or boat the only international gateway to the Seychelles is the Seychelles International Airport near the capital, Victoria on Mahé. From there you’ll need to take one of the regular flights between Mahé and Praslin. You can also get around by chartering a helicopter, or charter plane, or by ferry, and there are plenty of ferries.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- The Seychelles are generally hot and humid, with the drier, cooler season between May and September and the hotter, wetter season between November and March. The missing months are the changeover months: April is the calmest and warmest month, when the winds are changing direction, and November is warm with light winds, again as they change direction.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Praslin for you?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in the Seychelles?
- or think about the best places to stay on Mahé?
- or consider the best places to stay in Mauritius, a close neighbour to the Seychelles?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Praslin
Best Hotels in Praslin
Treasure Island Retreat Praslin, The Seychelles 4 rooms from £128Hideaway - With self-catering facilities and a private terrace, this bolt-hole is perfect for couples who prefer extra privacy on holidayBeach Life - Set just steps away from one of Praslin's most beautiful sandy beaches, this hotel is ideal for a relaxed seaside getawayRomantic Break - Book an apartment with a seafront terrace for a romantic beach break with breakfast by the ocean every daySurfing - Enjoy great conditions for surfing on Anse Kerlan Beach; hire a local instructor for classes
This hotel offers charming seafront apartments in Anse Kerlan on Praslin, Seychelles. Apartments feature a king-size bed, fully-equipped kitchen and furnished terrace or balcony with sea views. Enjoy an open-plan dining and lounge area with marble floors just steps from the beach; a stylish getaway. See More
Dhevatara Beach Hotel Grand'Anse Praslin 10 rooms from £296Local exploring - Located close to great spots for canoeing, snorkelling and fishing, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this hotel; book a sea view suite for beautiful sunsets over the oceanBeach Life - With a prime, oceanfront location on Praslin, this hotel is perfect for a luxury beach getawayFishing - The Seychelles is one of the most exotic saltwater fishing destinations in the world; discover yourself on a fishing excursionRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Lose yourself between sunkissed sand and turquoise waters at this Praslin Island retreat. Boutique suites feature open-plan living and heritage Seychellois style. Unwind in a soaking tub with sea views in the family suite before heading to the Coco Room for refined Creole cuisine. An indulgent stay. See More
Le Domaine de la Réserve Baie Sainte Anne, The Seychelles 40 rooms from £357Beach Life - Situated on the beautiful Anse Petite Cour, this hotel makes a great choice for a relaxed beach breakFamilies - There are good family accommodation options available here; kids love the huge outdoor pool, tooRomantic Break - Couples rate this hotel highly; book a romantic colonial suite for added indulgenceFishing - Go big game fishing and, depending on the season, catch blue or black marlin, tuna and shark
This charming hotel is located on Anse Petite Cour on Praslin Island in Seychelles. The individually styled suites feature boutique furnishings and natural accents; book a colonial villa for traditional Creole style. Unwind by the pool, one of the largest in the Seychelles; a chic island retreat. See More
Le Château de Feuilles The Seychelles 9 rooms from £433Romantic Break - Couples love the romantic, château-style suites at this hotel; book a luxury suite for a private hot tubBeach Life - With a privileged location on a paradise-like Seychelles island, this hotel makes a luxury beach getawayLocal exploring - Take a 20-minute boat trip from Praslin to explore the resort's private island, Grande SoeurBirdwatching - Go birdwatching in Cousin National Park, inhabited by over a million tropical bird speciesRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
This five-star resort is located on the exclusive Praslin Island in the Seychelles. Suites feature exposed stone walls, homely soft furnishings and a private garden; book a luxury suite for a Roman hot tub. Unwind at the hotel's private island before booking in to the spa; a refined island resort. See More
Raffles Seychelles Anse Takamaka, The Seychelles 86 rooms from £679Romantic Break - Couples rate this refined beach bolt-hole highly; book an ocean view villa for beautiful sunsets over the Indian OceanLocal exploring - With a privileged location on the Baie Sainte Anne, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in SeychellesBeach Life - Set on the celebrated Anse Lazio beach, book this hotel for a luxury seaside getawayGreat walks - Go on a walk in the Vallee de Mai, a UNESCO World Heritage site home to some of the world's most famous tropical forests
This luxury hotel is located in Baie Sainte Anne, Seychelles. Guest villas feature boutique furniture and French windows leading to a private terrace and plunge pool; book a beachfront villa steps from the beautiful Anse Lazio beach. Dine at the Sushi Room before checking into the spa; a chic hotel. See More
L'Archipel The Seychelles 32 rooms from £713Families - With suites available that can accommodate up to two children, this hotel is great for a family seaside getawayLocal exploring - There is plenty to explore on the island local to the hotel, from nature trails to diving excursionsBeach Life - Overlooking the beautiful Baie Sainte Anne, this hotel is an ideal beach holiday destinationDiving - Go diving in the Curieuse Marine Park; book an excursion through the hotel for great deals
This charming hotel is located in the north-east of Praslin, Seychelles. Guestrooms are chic and minimalist with luxury linens and dark wood accents; book a deluxe suite for spectacular views. Sample Creole dishes at the hotel's two distinguished restaurants; a friendly and relaxed island bolt-hole. See More
Constance Lemuria Praslin, The Seychelles 107 rooms from £954Beach Life - Located between three beautiful beaches on Praslin, this hotel is ideal for a luxury seaside getawayRomantic Break - Couples love this resort's chic, minimalist suites; book a luxury villa for a romantic hot tubSpa breaks - Check into the hotel's U Spa by Constance for ultimate pampering on this spa break holidaySurfing - Enjoy great conditions for surfing on this island; book an instructor through the hotel for great dealsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This luxury beachfront resort is located on Praslin Island, Seychelles. Choose from spacious suites or villas with minimalist interiors, living space and a furnished terrace; book the presidential villa for a massage pavillion, hot tub and sauna. Play on the hotel's 18-hole golf course; a VIP stay. See More