Search the best hotels in Alanya
A Turkish seaside escape with heritage sites aplenty, Alanya is a brilliant spot for sun seekers, history buffs and travellers looking to party the night away. Alanya’s popularity with European visitors has ensured that there is a wide array of accommodation available, including simple guesthouses and elegant historic house-hotels. Our pick of the best places to stay in Alanya features hotels brimming with traditional charm, as well as gorgeous harbour and sea views. Whether you’re dreaming of sun-drenched family beach days, exploring ancient monuments or savouring delicious Turkish fare with friends, Alanya has it all.
A strategic Mediterranean harbour for a whole host of powerful forces — from ancient Persian traders in honey and wine to notorious sea-bandits — legend has it that Alanya was gifted by Mark Antony to Cleopatra during the Roman era. Later the thirteenth-century hub of the Seljuk navy, Alanya was incorporated into the Ottoman empire, becoming a key maritime port for trade with Cyprus, Syria and Egypt. This rich history is best appreciated through a guided walking tour of ancient landmarks, or a day out on the water, dotting between the secret coves and enormous caves once used by pirates. If it’s heritage sites that you’re after, begin your explorations at Alanya Castle, a Seljuk-era edifice topping a rocky peninsula above the town. There are extensive ruins and beautiful vistas — plus the Alanya Teleferik cable car is a novel way to travel up or down. Don’t miss the Alanya Archaeological Museum, the Omürlü Kemal Atli Cultural Centre in Ehmedek, or the almost 800-year-old Red Tower, either.
For a sense of the modern-day town, stroll through the Grand Bazaar, sample fresh local produce — including the region’s famed oranges — on market day, and pause for a super-strong Turkish coffee or two. There’s ample opportunity for long, lazy days of sand and sunshine, too. Swim in the waters of Cleopatra Beach, where the Queen herself reputedly bathed, before trying your hand at sailing, kayaking, snorkelling or diving. Thrill-seekers will adore paragliding, whilst there’s exhilarating white water rafting and canyoning to try further inland, and day-long boat trips to striking Sapadere Canyon.
Topped with enchanting red-tiled Ottoman roofs, hiding heaps of fantastic fresh seafood restaurants and lively bars and clubs for night owls to dance ’til dawn, Alanya is a fun seaside destination with a fascinating cultural legacy. Whether you’re in town for the buzzing nightlife or the hundreds of years of history, the best places to stay in Alanya promise easy access to the pretty harbour, and a warm welcome in lovely heritage edifices.
The best places to stay in Alanya
For traditional elegance
- Centauera Hotel feautures five bedrooms in a traditional Ottoman house. Carefully restored, the interiors are decorated with antiques and the hotel brims with old-world charm. An intimate choice, just a 10-minute walk from the harbour. Expect beautiful views and friendly owner-managers.
For a pool with a view
- Hotel Villa Turka is a charming heritage spot, with eleven rooms tucked into part of historic Alanya Castle. Unwind by the pool, feast on local dishes at the terrace restaurant, and gaze out over the harbour and the town below. A lovely hillside hotel with many original features. The pool is ideal for cooling off after a day of exploring!
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Gazipasa Airport and hop aboard an hour-long bus or taxi to Alanya, or travel to Antalya Airport and take a 2-3 hour bus ride from there.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The summer months are the hottest and most popular with visitors, so book your stay early to avoid missing out. Visit in April-May or September-October for pleasantly warm temperatures and to dodge the summer crowds!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Antalya.
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations on Turkey's Aegean Coast
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Alanya
Best Hotels in Alanya
Centauera Hotel Alanya (Antalya) 5 rooms from £61Local exploring - With a great location between the beach and the city centre, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed, grown-up atmosphere at this adults-only hotel; book a superior suite for sea viewsCity Style - Set in a typical stone house near the coast in Alanya, this hotel has lots of local heritage charmSights nearby - Visit the Alanya Red Tower, an important monument and local landmark which often is used to represent the city
This hotel is located in a traditional stone house in the historic centre of Tophane, Turkey. Guestrooms feature wooden beams, exposed stone walls and antique furniture; book a luxury room for sea views. Enjoy dinner on the hotel restaurant's terrace overlooking the marina; a stylish seaside break. See More
Hotel Villa Turka Alanya 11 rooms from £89Local exploring - Situated between the beach and the city centre, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in AlanyaRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's romantic suites; book a couples' massage for a romantic evening inCity Style - Located in a heritage castle in Alanya, this hotel has reams of local style and charmSailing - Discover the Mediterranean from a new vantage point with a sailing trip; visit the Alanya Yacht Harbour for yacht hire
This charming hotel is located in the Alanya Castle in Alanya, Turkey. The elegant guestrooms feature four-poster beds, Persian rugs and regional artwork; book a luxury suite for sea views. Unwind by the outdoor pool or with a local beer on the terrace overlooking the bay; a stylish heritage hotel. See More