Search the best hotels in Bozburun
Do you want to escape civilisation? Then come to Bozburun. A secluded seaside village sitting amidst stocky forested mountainsides, sheltered white-sand coves and fields bursting with lavender and thyme, Bozburun is the quintessential seaside retreat. A favourite of yachtsmen, the village has remained untouched by mass tourism, owing to the popularity of nearby Marmaris, a resort town, allowing it to retain a charming authenticity. Whether you're exploring nearby hidden coves by boat, hiking up Asar Hill to the ancient city of Larymna, or basking in the unbridled sunshine at one of her beaches, you will fall head-over-heels for this picturesque, unspoilt village. The best places to stay in Bozburun tend to be small and charming; ideal for a quintessentially Turkish experience.
Bozburun is rooted in the sea. The picturesque fishing village is renowned for its boatbuilding, particularly of "gulet" boats, that are constructed in the small-scale shipyards and workshops that line the shoreline. Fresh fish is brought in daily by local fishermen and in the early hours, by the shore, you can watch them haul their catch-of-the-day down the harbour to local restaurants. The atmosphere is laid-back and utterly tranquil. From their gardens, locals grow their own vegetables and keep chickens, and in many ways Bozburun as a whole gives off the impression that the 21st hasn't arrived.
Perched atop Asar Hill nearby lies the ancient walled city of Larymna. Walking there takes around 45 minutes, and the journey itself makes for a wonderful, albeit fascinating afternoon excursion. It is one of several ancient cities that pepper the local area, including Tafllica and Phoinix, which are well worth the visit. The beaches that stretch along the shore are long, golden and narrow - ideal for lounging lazily in the sun - but the real gems are hidden from sight, lying in sheltered coves nearby, and can only be reached by boat. Take the time out to book a boat ride to a nearby cove and spend the day exploring it, free from the noisesome crowds of tourists!
What not to miss
- Sunbathe on one of the lovely beaches.
- Hire a boat and explore the nearby sheltered coves and islets.
- Eat freshly-caught, locally-sourced fish at one of her many seafood restaurants.
- Hike up Asar Hill and explore the ancient city of Larymna.
Bozburun lies where time stands still: it is the perfect place to get-away-from-it-all. Check out our collection of the best places to stay in Bozburun to stat planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Bozburun
- Karia Bel: a charming boutique property choc-a-bloc with antique furniture, local artwork and quirky objet d'art, offering bright contemporary rooms with large private balconies. Ideal for couples looking for intimacy.
- Sabrina's Haus: a luxury hideaway for couples accessible only by boat. Rooms are beautifully adorned with artworks and antiques from across the region and many come with a whirlpool tub - oozing sophistication.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Dalaman International Airport and get a direct transfer bus to Bozburun, taking 2.5 hours.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer months when the temperature ranges between 20 and 29 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include Marmaris.
- Browse through all our options of the best places to stay in Turkey.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bozburun
Best Hotels in Bozburun
Karia Bel Bozburun (Marmaris) 12 rooms from £113Sailing - Take a boat trip, the sunset cruises are particularly popular, to some of the neighbouring bays.Restrictions on children - Children over the age of 12 years of age are accepted.Great walks - Embark on one of the hotel's guided nature walks.Kayaking - Hotel staff can arrange kayak rentals.
A uniquely decorated boutique property that incorporates natural tones and materials with pop colours, prints, refurbished antique furniture and local artwork and curios. Rooms have large balconies with sea views. The menu is local and fish based with specialities such as octopus stew and seabass. See More
Sabrina's Haus Bozburun 17 rooms from £552Hideaway - Escape to paradise in this hotel off the beaten track with swaying palm trees and ornate marble pathwaysTotal relaxation - Indulge yourself in the Sabrinas Haus spa with a range of holistic massage therapies on offerRomantic Break - Enjoy a romantic dinner for two on a floating pontoon in this idyllic settingSights nearby - View the ruins of a 1,800 year-old Greek Orthodox church on nearby Kameriye Island or explore the town of Marmaris 30 miles away
A luxury hideaway for couples accessible only by boat. Rooms are beautifully adorned with artworks and antiques from across the region and many come with a whirlpool tub - oozing sophistication. A gourmet restaurant serves up the finest seafood and guests can also make use of an on-site gym. See More