- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Dalyan
Dalyan’s sunshine and extraordinarily beautiful waterways have made it a darling of package tour operators looking for an alternative to Fethiye or Marmaris, but despite the influx of restaurants and bars Dalyan retains a lot of its sleepy, rural charm. There are plenty of picturesque hotels and B&Bs close to Dalyan, just outside the town proper, and all of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Dalyan fall into this category.
What Not To Miss
- Dalyan is wonderfully positioned between the pristine beauty of Lake Köycegiz, home to an impressive array of wildlife and Iztuzu Beach, one of the best in Turkey, and a well known turtle nesting ground.
- Between these two bodies of water, the lake and the Mediterranean, runs the Dalyan channel, through the estuary past the fine crystal sand of the Iztuzu sandbar.
- As well as these exceptional natural assets, Dalyan also has a 9th Century city, Kaunos, carved into the area’s sheer rock cliffs. This city was originally a great port, but the old bay has now silted up and the city is about eight kilometres inland. The silting up of the port is why the city was abandoned and is now being gradually excavated, though there are plenty of exposed ruins including the splendid King’s Tombs cut into the cliffs.
- Kaunos’s theatre is also well preserved and there is a lovely view from the top of the hill where the acropolis once stood.
- There are also some wonderful Roman bath ruins giving a fascinating glimpse into the history of the area.
Just remember that it's very busy here during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Dalyan during July or August, get organised and book well ahead!
For a view
- With breathtaking views over the Daylan Delta and its beautiful lagoon, Villa Gokbel is a wonderful eight room hideaway with rooms in stone and wood and packed with character. As well as being right on the cusp of beautiful views you’re also close to Iztuzu Beach.
For great value
- If you want to be in the heart of Dalyan, try the Happy Caretta Hotel a simple, family-run guesthouse with 14 rooms and a room rate starting from just £60 per night.
For a hideaway
- Away from the resorts and high rises, surrounded by tranquil countryside is the Kamarca House Hotel, a traditional wood and stone hideaway surrounded by lawn and pine trees. But there’s nothing traditional about the five rooms which have whirlpool baths, hand woven curtains and a wonderful mix of modern and antique furniture. Or about the kitchen where the owner and chef has installed all the latest kit in order to create wonderful Turkish Mediterranean fusion dishes.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties for exploring everything from the beach to the ruins.
- Fly to Dalaman Airport located only 28km (17 miles) from Dalyan. The airport caters to a range of both domestic and International destinations including many European cities.
- Alternatively, catch a ferry from Marmaris.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the wonderful natural assets of the area - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - June to August typically provides the warmest weather and can also be amongst the driest months.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Dalyan
Kamarca House Hotel 5 rooms from £193Dalyan (Tepearasi)
A charming country house, away from Dalyan’s resort strip but close enough to the fabulous beach. A homely hotel with stunning mountain views. Cosy stone walled rooms with beamed ceilings. The restaurant serves spectacular local cuisine. A laid backed hotel ideal for family holidays.Great walks - Head out for a wander through this scenic countryside, down to the coast or up the mountains.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the Lykia King Graves carved in to the rocks on a mountain.Sailing - The guesthouse can organise boatrips on the beautiful Dalyan Delta.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Villa Gokbel 8 rooms from £62Dalyan
Quirky hideaway with breathtaking views over the Dalyan Delta at bargain prices. Celestial views of the lagoon below, minutes from the superb Iztuzu beach (one of the best in Turkey). Characterful rooms with exposed stone walls and wooden ceilings. A great choice for local exploring.Back to Nature - A tranquil retreat nestled in the naturally beautiful and protected area of Köycegiz-Dalyan with views of Lake Sulungur.Active Holiday - Ideal for the active guest with miles of walking and biking trails, swimming, fishing, windsurfing and rafting.Sights nearby - Visit the historical monuments of Lycian rock tombs and the ruins of the ancient city of Caunos.Local markets - Grab a bargain at one of the nearby Turkish Markets; Koycegiz, Fethiye, Marmaris or Dalyan.
Happy Caretta Hotel 14 rooms from £64Dalyan
A laid backed small hotel in a fantastic location. White washed rooms with splashes of colour coming from the Turkish rugs. Meals are served in the garden overlooking the Dalyan River. Within easy access of Daylan's sights and activities. Ideal for family holidays.Value chic - A charming hotel offering simple comfortable rooms with fantastic views over the gardens and waterways, at a reasonable rate.Active Holiday - The natural landscape lends itself perfectly for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and white water rafting.Sights nearby - Visit the Lycian Kings Tombs and the ruins in Kaunos, just a 15 minute boat ride from the hotel.Secluded setting - For escaping.