Search the best hotels in Uçhisar
From the top of Uçhisar’s castle you can pretty much see the whole of Cappadocia spread out all around you - it’s the tallest point in the region. It’s a breathtaking sight, this strange lunar landscape with cave villages and ‘fairy-chimneys’, the eroding volcanic pillars which spike up unexpectedly out of the rich, volcanic soil. Some of the best places to stay in Uçhisar are underground cave dwellings converted into hotels - and some of them most luxurious. But, if you don’t like the idea of sleeping under this once restless earth, our Guru also recommends Kale Konak, a traditional Turkish hotel right next to the castle.
Many people come to Uçhisar for the landscape and this region’s strange history, but unlike the other villages in the region, Uçhisar was once best known for its Club Med resort, which was extremely popular with Gallic visitors. The town’s changed since then, but it’s still a popular spot with the French, though now days it’s much more of a family village.
What Not To Miss
- The castle is definitely the main site in Uçhisar, as well as the spectacular views from the top, it’s a fascinating warren of tunnels and rooms, churches and citadels are all carved into this huge volcanic rock.
- Uçhisar is also a great base for exploring the region. Pigeon Valley between Uçhisar and Göreme is definitely worth exploring - it’s about a two hour walk between towns. Uçhisar is also known for its restaurants.
- Soar above the dramatic Cappadocian landscape on a balloon ride with all the different balloons rising to the skies forming an iconic image.
- Enjoy a glass of the local vintage at the Kocabag Winery with many award-winning vintages. If there's a wine that particularly takes your fancy, the winery will ship it to your chosen destination.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Uchisar has something for everyone, whether you're travelling with family or want a slice of luxury.
- Argos in Cappadocia is a collection of beautiful stone houses and suites set into a hillside. There are 53 luxurious rooms with stone walls and sumptuous furnishings - some of the rooms have hot tubs and terraces with spectacular views over the surrounding landscape.
- Kale Konak is a traditional Turkish building occupying one of the highest points in Uçhisar. There are 14 large rustic, almost medieval feeling rooms, plus stunning views. You’re right by the castle and close to numerous restaurants.
- If you're looking for a high end hotel experience, book the Cappadocia Cave Resort. This is a big hotel - there are 79 rooms - built into the hillside with stunning views of the valleys below. As well as the theatrical setting this resort also has several fabulous restaurants, cavernous rooms and suites and an impressive spa.
- The Museum Hotel is an especially warm and magical cave hotel - probably because these are some of the most opulent caves you'll have ever seen. With charming antiques, subtle lighting, large warm spaces and hot tubs. The Museum Hotel also has one of Cappadocia's best restaurants.
For Best Value
- The Taskonaklar Rocky Palace is a charming complex of 18 rooms and suites with excellent views and reams of history. Expect stone walls, killim rugs, fireplaces and stepped terraces and all starting from around £75 per night.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, visit our online partner Booking.com with a range of properties ideal for enjoying all the beauty and activities in the town.
- Fly to Nev?ehir Kapadokya Airport located 38km (23 miles) from Uçhisar. The airport has both a domestic and international terminal.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the town and Cappadocia, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the end of April to June and September to October typically provide warm days with low chance of rain.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Uçhisar,
- Alternatively, widen the net and expand your search to the best places to stay in Cappadocia,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Uçhisar
Best Hotels in Uçhisar
Taskonaklar Rocky Palace Uçhisar 18 rooms from £78Value chicViews - Great views from hotelPrivate Hot Tub - Some suites come with private outdoor hot tubLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Kale Konak Uçhisar (Nevsehir) 14 rooms from £104Views - Breathtaking views over the surrounding countryside and Argeus MountainSights nearby - Situated right next door to Uchisar CastleGreat walks - Good for walkers.Traditional
Ariana Sustainable Luxury Lodge Uçhisar (Göreme Sokak no 8) 11 rooms from £160Great walks - Goreme Tarihi Milli Park is full of wonderful walking routes.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from the Uchisar Castle.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
Argos in Cappadocia Uçhisar 53 rooms from £141Architectural - Ancient stone houses and tunnels carved from the cliff face.Views - Wondrous views over breathtaking landscape.LuxuryHoneymoonsRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
A cluster of old stone houses and sumptuous suites and tunnels set on a hill and in the rock face. Luxurious and romantic rooms have stone walls, sumptuous furnishings and hot tubs. Lovely terraces have stunning views over the landscape. Very romantic but family friendly too. See More
Museum Hotel Uçhisar 30 rooms from £191Foodies - One of Cappdocia's best restaurants.Views - Beautiful valley views.ArchitecturalRomantic BreakRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
A stunning luxury hotel in magical surroundings. Historical, romantic and opulent cavernous interiors make for a perfect honeymoon or couples getaway. Rooms and suites have subtle lighting, large warm spaces and hot tubs. Fabulous restaurant, spa, and gorgeous countryside to explore. See More
Cappadocia Cave Resort & Spa Uçhisar 104 rooms from £233Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Situated close to Uchisar castleSwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsPrivate Hot TubRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels