Search the best hotels in Broadway
An archetypal Cotswolds village complete with elegant architecture in golden stone, tea rooms, art galleries and antique shops packed with curios, Broadway is a great base for exploring the region. The 'Broad Way' refers to the road leading from the base of the western Cotswolds escarpment and into town. Along it, you'll find a collection of lovely 16th Century cottages - some of which are now amongst the best places to stay in Broadway - most with lovely rural views.
There's an impressive range of accommodation here for such a moderately sized town (obviously the Cotswolds effect!), and we've tracked down some great options from superb little B&Bs to restaurants with rooms, historic country house hotels and all-singing all-dancing 5* luxury properties.
Broadway is situated right on the northern side of the Cotswolds, so all around are peacefully rolling rural views. You can take better advantage of these if you opt to stroll a bit of The Cotswolds Way - over 100 miles worth of fabulous walking trails through ancient villages and stunning natural scenery. Don't miss the views from the impressive Broadway Tower, an ancient beacon site which is right by the Cotswolds way just out of town.
For those after a bit of culture there's amn outpost of the famous Asholean Museum in a lovely Tudor house and the Gordon Russell Design Museum, which is a must for any interior design buff.
Like all Cotswolds hotspots it gets incredibly busy here during the summer months, so if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Broadway, plan well ahead.
The best places to stay in Broadway
For a special occasion
- The Lygon Arms is a gorgeous old coaching inn in the centre of town, with a history that dates back as far as 1377. It was been well and truly overhauled since then and now offers a good range of comfortable rooms and suites, all done in a contemporary classic style. The restaurant has a great reputuation and there's a fabulous spa with an impressive, pillar-surrounded indoor heated pool (with retractable roof for warm summer days), sauna, steam room and wide range of treatments using Elemis and Oskia products.
- Buckland Manor is a charming old manor, set on ten acres of peaceful, beautiful grounds with waterfalls, rose beds and a croquet lawn. There are thirteen rooms inside, as well as several lovely sitting rooms and a dining room where men are required to wear a jacket and tie. Old fashioned civility and lovely service.
- Abbots Grange is a wonderfully picturesque and historic B&B. Surrounded by lovely gardens, their romantic and elegantly decorated rooms feature four posters and bespoke furnishings. An intimate getaway.
For a restaurant with rooms
- Russell's of Broadway is a chic seven-room restaurant-with-rooms almost right on The Cotswolds Way walking trail. The building is a historic charmer, but the rooms have comfortable modern decor with luxurious touches.
For great value
- For great value in Broadway try Windrush House, a five-room guesthouse run by owners who're keen to make you feel as well looked after as possible. Each room has different decor, so make sure you look at a few - they start from £90 per night.
For a holiday cottage
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Broadway is at its best during the summer, with the average daily temperature climbing to 16°C in July and August.
- This is the best time to head off exploring the surrounding countryside, though as it's peak tourist season it's a good idea to book ahead.
- If you're travelling from London, hop on the train from Paddington to Evesham or to Moreton-in-Marsh. Once here, there are a number of buses which will take you to Broadway.
- International visitors can either fly into Birmingham Airport (50 minutes away), London Gatwick or London Heathrow (both a couple of hours away). The airports are all well served by train and bus links to the Cotswolds.
- If you plan to hire a car, which we strongly advise if you want to explore further afield, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Broadway.
- Alternatively, check out our recommendations in both the Cotswolds and Worcestershire.
- Or, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Broadway
Best Hotels in Broadway
Lygon Arms Broadway (Worcestershire) 86 rooms from £165Exclusive offer - Lygon Arms TasterLocal exploring - An historic inn in an historic village well placed to explore the beautiful Cotswolds.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolFull of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Windrush House Broadway, Worcestershire 5 rooms from £80Local exploring - Ideal base for exploring the pretty Cotswolds.Country Escape - A stylish country house with charming owners.Great walks - From the doorstep walk the quintessentially pretty countryside.Sights nearby - Visit Stanway House, Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.
A guesthouse that sets itself very high standards, impeccably run by friendly owners. Five stylishly designed rooms with feature pretty wallpaper and antique furniture. Indulgent British breakfasts on offer. Lovely gardens to relax in. Well located to explore this lovely corner of the UK. See More
Russell's of Broadway Broadway 7 rooms from £120Foodies - The restaurant is the main focus of the hotel and serves modern cuisine with an emphasis on local produce cooked to perfection.Country Escape - A charming escape set in Englands most picturesque village, with seriously stylish interiors and wonderful service.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty Cotswold villages of Chipping Campden, Burford, Bibury, Moreton in Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold and Woodstock.Great walks - The famous 95-mile Cotswold Way from Chipping Camden to Bath runs through the village.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Abbots Grange Broadway 4 rooms from £135Country Escape - An ideal country escape with plush fourposter beds and plenty of Worcestershire and Cotswold landscape to explore.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking trails and landscapes in the surrounding Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to nearby Stratford-Upon-Avon, the home of William Shakespeare.Full of character
East House Broadway 4 rooms from £185Country Escape - A gorgeous country house in an equally beautiful Cotswolds village. Ideal for a country break.Great walks - Discover the Cotswolds countryside on long rambles.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyRomantic - Good for couples.
A luxury B&B in one of the most beautiful Cotswold villages. Four elegant rooms are individually styled - some with four posters, some with a fireplace and all with fabulous bathrooms. Welcoming hosts, excellent breakfasts and a cosy lounge this is a perfect spot for a romantic weekend break. See More
Buckland Manor Buckland nr Broadway, The Cotswolds 13 rooms from £195Country Escape - Read by the roaring fire, try your hand and tennis and croquet or simply wander the grounds- an ideal country retreat.Great walks - Wander by the river and through the ten acres of beautiful gardens, or head down to the village for a pint.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Frommers, Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Lowerfield Farm Broadway 8 rooms from £200Country Escape - A remote farmhouse in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, ideal for weekend escapes.Sights nearby - Visit the north Cotswold villages known for their yellow stone houses and quintessentially British feelGreat walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside surrounding the farm.Full of character
The Broadway Hotel Broadway 19 rooms from £250Country Escape - An inviting rural property packed full of quintessental British charm.Great walks - Find miles of picturesque countryside trails to be explored including the Cotswold Way.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the historic Broadway Tower.Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide