Search the best hotels in Worcestershire
Worcestershire, a lush county of rolling hills and deep green fields perched on either side of the M5 motorway, has much to recommend a visit. Book a room in one of the best places to stay in Worcestershire during springtime and you’ll find apple and pear orchards spilling delicately scented pink and white blossom over paths and country roads. Head to a gastropub and tuck into freshly picked asparagus from the Vale of Evesham, served dripping with warm hollandaise sauce, and wander off on splendid walks into the remains of ancient woodlands scattered across the countryside.
The city of Worcester has plenty of fascinating history to explore, including the cathedral – though it’s best to plan out a trip in advance so you don't find yourself ambling around the less attractive bits of the modern city centre.
And then there’s the beautiful Malvern Hills in the south of the county, offering great hiking, riding and cycling, and the Elgar Route, a circular drive taking in more than 40 places associated with the composer's life and music, including his Birthplace at Lower Broadheath.
Admire the extravagant villas of Great Malvern, tumbling down the eastern skirts of the hills, as well as the lovely stained-glass window dedicated to the composer in Worcester cathedral. What's more, be sure to take in the extraordinary views from those nine, round-topped Malvern Hills that rise without prelude, like a child's painting, from the Severn plain below.
Broadway is a good base if you plan to take in the Cotswolds. It's charmingly pretty town in its own right, with plenty of boutique shops, galleries and eateries and it's right on the region's northern edge with easy access to all of its highlights.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to visit the stunning Worcester Cathedral, built by the Normans and rising majestically over the River Severn. Featuring glorious architecture, their informative tours will elucidate the place's rich history and you can even visit the tomb of St John!
- Tudor House Museum, set in a 16th Century building, has a number of exhibits not only on focussing on the Tudor times but also including a display on WWII. What's more, it's completely free!
- Enjoy a family picnic in Gheluvelt Park before heading off on a walk, enjoying a game of tennis or letting the kids play in the splash pad. A tranquil spot.
- Spend the day at West Midland Safari and Leisure Park, home to a number of exotic creatures including giraffes, tigers and penguins. Drive around at your own pace and you can even feed the friendlier ones as they come up to your car to say hello!
Some of our Worcestershire collections:
The best places to stay in Worcestershire are an eclectic bunch, which means that there really is something for everyone, whether you're looking for a luxurious country house hotel or a chic little B&B.
The best places to stay in Worcestershire
- The Elms - a luxury bolthole for the whole family with Ofsted approved nannies, activities galore and a grown up spa and restaurant for the adults.
- Brockencote Hall oozes understated elegance. Set amid 70 acres of parkland it offers lovely views and fishing on site, plus superb food in the restaurant.
- Eckington Manor offers luxury accommodation and is also the home of an acclaimed cookery school. Attention to detail is evident everywhere and, as you would expect, breakfast is delicious!
- The Cottage in the Wood boasts one of the most spectacular locations of any hotel in the UK, perched on a plateau in the Malvern hills. It also has a great restaurant.
- Treherne House boasts stylish accommodation featuring a variety of antique furnishings and a self-catering Coach House. With award-winning breakfasts and wonderful scenery close by, it's a lovely spot for a romantic country getaway.
- Abbots Grange is a charming B&B set in a picturesque historical building. Their elegant rooms feature four posters and bespoke furnishings - a wonderfully romantic spot! Great walking trails in the surrounding area.
- Harrowfields is tiny; just one bedroom. Nonetheless, if you can manage to get some availability it is a very classy outfit with elegant interiors, charming hosts and beautiful gardens.
- The Old Country House is a 15th Century part timbered farmhouse. The spacious bedrooms are full of character and the organic, aga cooked breakfast is served up at the big round kitchen table.
For a stylish stay
- Windrush House is a great find in the ever popular Broadway. Rooms have been stylishly refurbished and the welcome is very warm.
- The Fish, set amidst a 400 acre estate, offers Scandi-chic modern accommodation as well as an individual farmhouse with 8 bedrooms which is ideal for groups. Plenty of activities on offer ranging from archery to quad biking to a more conventional option, tennis.
The Best Pubs wirth Rooms in Worcestershire
- The Royal Forester Inn is another well-refurbished old coaching inn, this time located just outside the Wire Forest. There are seven modern rooms with comfy beds and pop art, plus a traditional British restaurant and bar and big open fireplaces. Quaint, and great for families and dogs!
- The Lygon Arms was once a popular pitstop for folk travelling by carriage en route between Worcester, Oxford and London, and the earliest evidence of this original coaching inn dates back to 1377. Today this inn has a comfortably inviting interior and all the offerings of a contemporary hotel that will appeal to all ages. Great getaway for romantic weekenders, good base for families as well as walkers wanting understated luxury.
Prefer An Apartment Or Cottage?
- If you think that a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The best time to visit is during the summer, with the average daily temperature climbing to 19°C in July and August.
- However this is peak season and so you can expect prices to be higher than at other times of the year, though it's hardly ever overcrowded with tourists.
- International visitors can fly into Birmingham Airport, located 35 miles from Worcester. From here, you can either take the train or the bus on towards your destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars. And if you really want to get around the county, having your own transport will make life much easier!
Still Not Sure?
- Browse our selection of the best places to stay in Worcestershire and start to plan your visit.
- Expand your search to include our recommendations for the best places to stay in Shropshire or Warwickshire.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Worcestershire
Best Hotels in Worcestershire
Old Country House Mathon, Worcestershire 3 rooms from $83Country Escape - A stunning old property packed full of quintessential British charm from its flower filled gardens, to its cosy bedrooms.Great walks - Head out to the surrounding countryside or head further a field to the Malvern Hills for a longer walk.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charmingly quaint property full of character set on a 220 acre plot. Cosy rooms featuring old beams and chintz fabrics. The garden is glorious and the wholesome locally sourced breakfasts are served around table by the Aga. A quintessentially British country escape in an Area of Natural Beauty. See More
Hogarths Stone Manor Kidderminster, Worcestershire 56 rooms from $91Country Escape - A luxury country abode with its own beautiful parkland and fantastic food.Great walks - Take long walks through the pristine Wye Valley.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Worcester cathedral.Romantic - Good for couples.
A luxurious Country House designed by the architect behind Liberty’s departments store. Contemporary design throughout is plush, bordering on extravagant. Spacious rooms are wonderfully comfortable and the restaurant serves up exemplary fare. Ideal for spoiling weekends away. See More
Windrush House Broadway, Worcestershire 5 rooms from $102Local exploring - Ideal base for exploring the pretty Cotswolds.Country Escape - A stylish country house with charming owners.Great walks - From the doorstep walk the quintessentially pretty countryside.Sights nearby - Visit Stanway House, Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.
A guesthouse that sets itself very high standards, impeccably run by friendly owners. Five stylishly designed rooms with feature pretty wallpaper and antique furniture. Indulgent British breakfasts on offer. Lovely gardens to relax in. Well located to explore this lovely corner of the UK. See More
The Cardinal's Hat Worcester 6 rooms from $106City Style - A beautiful historic pub complete with six boutique rooms the best of which feature four postersLocal exploring - Perfectly positioned near the city's cathedral. Ideal for exploring the city by footSights nearby - Take the 5 minute stroll to admire the city's impressive cathedralAdult OnlyRecommended by - Sawdays
Royal Forester Inn Nr Bewdley, Worcestershire 7 rooms from $111Families - Ideal for a family holiday with your pooch- with family suites, great food, and extensive activities such as biking and hiking.Great walks - Enjoy long walks with your dog through the picturesque Wyre Forest.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Huntlands Farm B&B Worcester, Worcestershire 5 rooms from $115Country Escape - Surrounded by fields filled with cows and chickens pecking in the garden this is a real rural retreat.Sights nearby - Visit the 12th-century Worcester Cathedral which is home to King John’s tomb and the Magna Carta.Great walks - Take long walks through the Malvern Hills, an Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomedRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming redbrick farmhouse offering far stretching views across the farm's surrounding fields. Quaint rooms are traditional in style with antique furniture, fireplaces and the best have free standing baths. The hosts offer indulgent breakfasts and superb three course meals on request. See More
The Wood Norton Evesham, Worcestershire 50 rooms from $117Country Escape - Boasting an enviable location situated between two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Great walks - Discover the beauty of the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills on long rambles.Sights nearby - Explore the quaint yellow sandstone villages of the Cotswolds.Full of character
A historic Country House that has seen everything from royalty to the BBC frequent its corridors. Now a luxury hotel boasting a fabulous location between the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills. Traditionally designed throughout - expect antiques, fireplaces, local artworks and a superb restaurant. See More
Harrowfields Eckington, Worcestershire 3 rooms from $122Country Escape - This charming B&B is the epitome of a quaint country cottage, with all the homely features of staying with a friend.Great walks - Lovely walks from the property through the village of Eckington, or the Worcestershire countryside.Sights nearby - Climb Bredon Hill and check out the small stone tower called Parsons Folly at it's summit.Full of character
A pretty 17th century cottage with plenty of character and a warm welcome between Worcester and Tewkesbury. Modern rooms with a traditional feel - chintz fabrics, cast iron beds and wood burner stoves. Breakfasts are made with fresh eggs straight from the garden. An ideal country escape. See More
The Cottage in the Wood Hotel Malvern Wells, Worcestershire 32 rooms from $152Views - Spectacular views over the Severn Valley from its elevated positionCountry EscapeRestaurant - 1919 Restaurant & Bar is open all day and has been awarded 2 AA RosettesGreat walks - This is fabulous walking country with trails in all directionsRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Fish Worcestershire 67 rooms from $160Groups - Endless activities (can be taylored) from archery to baking classes to keep everyone happySights nearby - Cheltenham is just over 30 minutes’ drive. Stratford is 15miles away.Great walks - Hotel sits in the heart of the 400-acre Farncombe EstateViews - On the edge of Cotswold country, yours to explore
A hotel sitting in 400 acre estate, close to Stratford and the Cotswolds. Laid back and modern with cosy touches. Restaurant, bar with fireplace plus lots of outdoor activities from archery to segway safaris. A cool choice for weekend getaways for groups or young couples. See More
Treherne House Malvern, Worcestershire 4 rooms from $160Active Holiday - Treherne House offers an array of activities to get you out enjoying your surroundingsCountry Escape - Great Malvern is situated in an area of stunning natural beautyGreat walks - Head off on long hikes through the Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding National BeautyBirdwatching - The garden at Treherne House is home to a wide variety of bird species!
Treherne House is located just outside Great Malvern. This property offers stylish and elegant accommodation featuring various antique furnishings as well as a self-catering Coach House, The Malvern Retreat is ideal for groups! Award-winning breakfasts are simply wonderful. A lovely tranquil spot. See More
Abbots Grange Broadway 4 rooms from $173Country Escape - An ideal country escape with plush fourposter beds and plenty of Worcestershire and Cotswold landscape to explore.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking trails and landscapes in the surrounding Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to nearby Stratford-Upon-Avon, the home of William Shakespeare.Full of character
Brockencote Hall nr Kidderminster, Worcestershire 21 rooms from $179HoneymoonsFishing - On the lake at the hotelTennis - Court onsiteOutstanding locationRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays, Michelin Travel, Small Luxury Hotels
Eckington Manor Eckington, Worcestershire 15 rooms from $192Country Escape - A romantic country getaway in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, plenty of walking on the Bredon and Malvern Hills.Foodies - Eckington Manor’s state of the art cookery school teaches cooks the story of food: from garden fork to dinner fork.Cooking classes - Acclaimed cookery school on site, brush up on your culinary skills and learn about the importance of local produce.Sights nearby - Check out the local Georgian market town of Pershore, with artisan shops, restaurants and even a theatre.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Gorgeous restored timber-framed farmhouse come B&B nestled in the Avon valleys. Luxurious, chic rooms with private bathrooms overlook the working farmland and gardens. Food is at the heart of the Manor, with diverse and imaginative menus, farm-to-fork ethos and an established cookery school. See More
The Elms Abberley, Worcestershire 23 rooms from $192Child friendlySpa - Mud-therapy roomSwimming Pool - Two Lovely PoolsCooking classes - For childrenRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Michelin Travel
Stanbrook Abbey Worcester 70 rooms from $196Families - Five-bed stand-alone family-friendly Manor House - with kitchen, snug, dining room & parlour - can be rented in its entiretyHistoric - Built by Pugin, the Grade II-listed 16th dramatic century monastery features stone cloisters & gothic stained-glass windowsWeddings - Say your vows in the original chapel before partying in the Manor House or expansive grounds - this is epic wedding stuffCountry Escape - Well-connected & easy to reach, yet offers an authentic grand country house weekend experience
Luxury hotel set on the grounds of a stunning 16th-century abbey. Rooms & suites with period features are spread over the original building & newer block, there's also a Georgian manor house. Beautifully designed spaces deliver special dining experiences. A dream country getaway for history lovers. See More
East House Broadway 4 rooms from $237Country Escape - A gorgeous country house in an equally beautiful Cotswolds village. Ideal for a country break.Great walks - Discover the Cotswolds countryside on long rambles.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyRomantic - Good for couples.
A luxury B&B in one of the most beautiful Cotswold villages. Four elegant rooms are individually styled - some with four posters, some with a fireplace and all with fabulous bathrooms. Welcoming hosts, excellent breakfasts and a cosy lounge this is a perfect spot for a romantic weekend break. See More
Lowerfield Farm Broadway 8 rooms from $256Country Escape - A remote farmhouse in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, ideal for weekend escapes.Sights nearby - Visit the north Cotswold villages known for their yellow stone houses and quintessentially British feelGreat walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside surrounding the farm.Full of character
The Broadway Hotel Broadway 19 rooms from $320Country Escape - An inviting rural property packed full of quintessental British charm.Great walks - Find miles of picturesque countryside trails to be explored including the Cotswold Way.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the historic Broadway Tower.Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide