- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Yarm
Yarm has a pretty position on the bank of the River Tees, with the oldest part of the town nestled into a loop of the river. The high street has many Georgian buildings and cobbled streets, which certainly add to the town’s overall appeal. The best places to stay in Yarm tend to be charming country house hotels just outside of the town (that way you’re right in amongst the best of the scenery), though there's plenty of the usual pubs with rooms or B&Bs too.
The town’s rather spectacular railway viaduct, with its 43 arches, adds a lot to the scene. Yarm also has some charming woodland, with ash, sycamore and lime trees predominantly.
There is a regular monthly Farmer’s Market in the town centre. But probably most importantly for visitors, Yarm is close to the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, Durham Cathedral, the Darlington Railway Museum and Barnard Castle.
What Not To Miss
- The whole family will love a trip to Cluedini, where you're locked in a room for an hour with only your wits and deductive skills to get you out. Work through all the puzzles before the hour's up... or else!
- If you fancy a night out on the town then head along to The Keys Nightclub, boasting a wonderful atmosphere and splendid cocktails.
- If you're into your pub lunches then the George & Dragon's the place for you. Offering delicious food and a wide range of beers without breaking the bank, it's a lovely spot.
- Those seeking something more action-packed should head over to Battlezone Paintball and get involved with the variety of games offered. Great for groups.
Use our guide to the best places to stay in Yarm and start fo plan your esacpe to England's North East.
- Judges Country House Hotel is a stately Victorian country house, surrounded by 26 acres of its own beautiful gardens and peaceful, secluded woodland. There are 21 rooms and a gourmet 3 AA Rosette restaurant, all decorated grandly.
For Your Big Day
- Crathorne Hall Hotel is a 37 room country house hotel just outside of Yarm, but convenient for the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and Durham Cathedral. The beautiful old building, built in 1905, is set in 15 acres, and there's also a 2 AA Rosette Leven Restaurant. A dreamy wedding spot.
For An Apartment or Holiday Home
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The best time to visit Yarm is in the summer months, with July experiencing an average temperature of 17°C. It's never overly busy with tourists, though accommodation may be slightly pricier at this time of year.
- Those coming from Aberdeen or Amsterdam can fly into Durham Tees Valley Airport, just 3 miles away from Yarm. Alternatively, Newcastle Airport (39 miles away) and Leeds Bradford Airport (46 miles away) serve a wider variety of international destinations.
- These airports are all well served by trains and buses which will take you on towards Yarm.
- If you're coming from the UK, however, your best bet is to take the train to Yarm station.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
Best Hotels in Yarm
Crathorne Hall Hotel 37 rooms from £100Yarm
Small country house hotel in North Yorkshire handy for the North Yorks Moors National Park and Durham Cathedral. Set amid fifteen acres it offers a quiet rural escape and is the ideal venue for an intimate wedding or small business event.Great walks - There are spectacular walks to be had in the area. Or simply explore the extensive grounds.Sights nearby - Good location for visiting Durham Cathedral, Darlington Railway Museum and Barnard Castle.Traditional
Judges Country House Hotel 21 rooms from £130Yarm, Yorkshire
Stately Victorian country house set in 26 acres of attractive gardens. Grand interiors, gourmet restaurant, private woods for walking.Secluded setting - For escaping.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays, Michelin Travel