Search the best hotels in Annapolis
Pretty, colonial Annapolis has preserved its history well and that’s probably this state capital’s biggest draw - that and the sailing culture. The city looks towards its port, on Chesapeake Bay, and the historic district runs right along the waterfront with restaurants and boutiques now occupying many of the original 17th, 18th and 19th Century buildings lining the cobbled streets. Many of the best places to stay in Annapolis can be found along these historic streets, but if your idea of the best place involves all the modern wifi creature comforts then don’t worry, there are plenty of modern rooms behind historic facades.
What Not To Miss
- Annapolis is a great town for visitors, it’s expecting lots of them. There’s a lively nightlife, assisted by the naval academy - students of which you’ll oft see wandering around town in their sailor’s whites. If you’re interested you can book a tour of the academy…
- The docks are a great place to start any visit and also a great place to sit and watch the world sail by.
- Some of the other highlights of Annapolis include the Hammond Harwood House, a colonial home built in 1774 complete with period furniture and art.
- There are numerous historic houses open to the public; the Maryland State Capitol; the Banneker-Douglass Museum and the Annapolis Maritime Museum.
- You should obviously also take a sailing trip, be it in a schooner or cruise ferry or kayak.
The best places to stay in Annapolis get very busy during the peak summer months. So if you want to be sure of your reservation, plan well ahead.
For a great location
- The Historic Inns of Annapolis is a collection of three townhouses in central Annapolis which between them have 124 modern rooms. You’re well located for Maryland’s historic treasures, plus there’s a great restaurant called ’The Treaty of Paris’.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for exploring the city.
- Fly to Baltimore–Washington International Airport located 40km (25 miles) from Annapolis with flight connections across the world including the USA, Europe and South America.
- Alternatively, catch a bus with links to Washington D.C amongst other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the spring from March to May is when the city is filled with blossom and the sailing season is beginning.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Annapolis,
- Expand your search to include all our Maryland recommendations,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Annapolis
Best Hotels in Annapolis
Historic Inns of Annapolis Annapolis (Maryland) 124 rooms from £117Sailing - Sailing in Annapolis is a popular past time.Sights nearby - National Maritime Museum.Full of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel consists of 3 townhouses in central Annapolis. Modern rooms offer en suite bathrooms and all facilities. The Treaty of Paris Restaurant offers seasonal fish, an extensive wine list and American cuisine. Location is great for Maryland's history and Washington DC. Business and gym facilities. See More
Annapolis Waterfront Hotel Annapolis 149 rooms from £167Local exploring - The prime location means that the historic downtown's shops, attractions and restaurants, plus the harbour, are walking distanceWeddings - Enjoy a waterfront wedding; the property's venues range from a traditional ballroom and harbour-view rooms to outdoor patiosSights nearby - Take a trolley tour of Annapolis, covering 350 years of history in an hour; drive past colonial mansions and Victorian homesSailing - Arrive in your own vessel and dock overnight. Alternatively, head out onto the water for one of many Chesapeake Bay cruises
Contemporary luxury waterfront hotel located in the historic downtown. Views are everywhere, from fresh nautical-themed rooms and private balconies to harbour-front restaurant and outdoor patio. Decor combines sleek furnishings with homely touches and a cosy feel. Stylish well-connected city base. See More