Search the best hotels in Maryland
For a relatively small state, Maryland certainly packs a punch when it comes to things to see and do. The state which surrounds the nation’s capital is one of the USA’s most densely-populated regions, but it still boasts beautiful natural wonders — including the Allegheny Mountains and Chesapeake Bay. Accommodation options range from swish city pads to intimate waterfront inns, catering to a whole host of tastes and budgets. Some of the best places to stay in Maryland promise a lively Baltimore city break for groups of friends, but there’s also plenty of scope to hide away in tranquil rural surroundings as a couple or family.
Explore post-industrial Baltimore for fantastic arts, culture and foodie attractions, or venture to charming Annapolis, a pretty colonial city close to Washington D.C. Maryland’s state capital, Annapolis is ideal for history buffs, but its waterfront setting also makes it popular with keen sailors. For the ultimate Chesapeake Bay experience of inlets, wetlands, fishing and sailing, head to laid-back St Michaels.
You’ll find Maryland wonderful for relaxed road trips, with secluded inns in picturesque places all over the state. Famous Civil War sites for history enthusiasts include Antietam Battlefield, and northern Maryland allows easy access to battlefields in Pennsylvania, including Gettysburg. There’s excellent hiking, cycling and nature tours in the countryside, as well as fishing, kayaking and boating out on the water. You can also expect top-notch seasonal produce and delectable seafood — this is definitely a destination for foodies!
Whether you’re travelling as a family, with friends or as a couple, the best places to stay in Maryland offer a warm east coast welcome and no shortage of activities and attractions. Spring and autumn are particularly beautiful times to visit, when the flowers are in bloom or the leaves are turning red, orange and gold.
The Best Places to Stay in Maryland
For a Heritage Inn
- Rachael's Dowry is an intimate six-bedroom inn — once the residence of a prominent American family. Guestrooms feature period furnishings, fireplaces and free-standing tubs, whilst there are delicious breakfasts served in the leafy courtyard. Perfectly placed for exploring Baltimore. For tranquil couples or families with older children.
- Brampton Inn is an indulgent choice, set within an imposing red brick building and a collection of private cottages on 35 acres of grounds, just a mile outside Chestertown. Pick this place for the historic interiors, the crackling fireplaces and big gourmet breakfasts. Great for couples looking to unwind or enjoy the great outdoors.
- Hummingbird Inn offers comfortable bedrooms in a Victorian residence in Easton. Ideal for exploring the Eastern Shore, this owner-run B&B is also dog friendly. Children can be accommodated on sofa beds in some rooms. Small and relaxed.
- Historic Inns of Annapolis is a collection of three townhouses in central Annapolis, featuring opulent rooms behind characterful Victorian façades. You're perfectly placed to see Maryland's historic treasures, plus the onsite bars and eateries are lovely. For families, couples and business travellers. Great for weddings!
- Great Oak Manor has 12 pretty guestrooms and a carriage house — which sleeps 6 — not far from charming Chestertown on the Eastern Shore. Great for couples, groups or families with older children, this elegant Georgian inn offers easy access to walking and cycling trails, as well as kayaking and paddle boarding. The nearby marina has a swimming pool, fitness center, and nine-hole golf course. Very appealing.
For Civil War History
- Georges on York offers five quirky rooms mixing antique pieces with modern furnishings in a historic building in Taneytown. Close to the Pennsylvania border, this is a great base for exploring Civil War battlefields. An elegant B&B.
- Jacob Rohrbach Inn promises a historic stay within walking distance of Antietam Battlefield, as well as numerous national parks, including the Appalachian Trail. Borrow a bicycle to explore the area on two wheels after hearty homemade breakfasts. For history buffs.
- Antrim 1844 is a heritage hotel in Taneytown, just 15 minutes' drive from Gettysburg. Set on 25 acres at the foot of the Catoctin Mountains, this is a beautiful choice for weddings, events and romantic getaways. Interiors feature antique pieces and there is a fantastic restaurant. Civil War battlefields and memorials are within easy reach.
For City Style
- Graduate Annapolis is a funky city hotel with trendy rooms and suites clad in bold primary colours and bright, patterned textiles. Communal areas are centred around a light-filled atrium, and the feel is fresh, comtemporary and very cool. For hip couples, families or business travellers, who can all enjoy the coffee bar, eatery, gym, dog park and bicycles.
- Hotel Monaco is a 1906 Beaux-Arts gem, complete with a marble staircase and sophisticated rooms, in the heart of downtown Baltimore. Pick this place for the delightful brasserie and the sociable wine hour each evening. A historic hotel with a trendy modern twist.
- Hotel Indigo is a cool, contemporary downtown hotel in Baltimore's attractive Mount Vernon neighbourhood. Think stylish rooms with bold pops of colour, delectable fare in the trendy restaurant-bar, and a library, gym and business centre. Sample the hotel's homemade honey whilst there! A stylish, central stay.
- Hotel Revival oozes an artsy, retro feel, with quirky interiors giving a 1920s mansion in Baltimore's central Mount Vernon a new lease of life. Great for groups of friends or romantic couples, the property also boasts beautiful views from its lively bar and eatery. Funky, fresh and fun.
For Waterfront Views in the City
- The Sagamore Pendry is a cutting-edge waterfront pick for hip travellers looking to kick back in sophisticated, modern rooms with warm, rich tones and an emphasis on natural materials. Take a dip in the pool, enjoy a big brunch or BBQ, hit the gym or the spa before savouring a whisky in The Cannon Room. A top-notch Baltimore base.
- Annapolis Waterfront Hotel promises stunning harbour views from slick, contemporary rooms and suites with blue-and-white interiors. A stylish city pick in the historic downtown area, boasting a fabulous harbourfront restaurant. For business or romance.
- The Admiral Fell Inn is a charming choice for those eager to experience the riverside Baltimore of a bygone era. Expect 18th-century furnishings, a lovely waterfront events space and generous breakfasts. The property's signature ghost tours and boat trips are a quirky addition to any Baltimore stay!
- The Inn at Handerson's Wharf features exposed brickwork and 38 comfortable, classic rooms with private terraces in a converted tobacco factory. Stay here for waterfront views, old-school charm and a real sense of history. Baltimore's Fells Point neighbourhood is great for a stroll. For couples, groups or families.
- Wade’s Point Inn on the Bay promises a tranquil escape, 10 minutes' drive from St Michaels. Four elegant heritage buildings house 26 generous guestrooms with expansive views over Chesapeake Bay. There are complimentary kayaks, paddleboards, fishing rods and bikes for exploring, and sunsets from the lawn are glorious. Secluded, romantic and relaxing.
- The Inn at Huntingfield Creek is a 70-acre farm estate on the water's edge in Rock Hall. Chic rooms and cottages are ideal for a couples' escape, although there are also family-friendly spaces. Great for active travellers and history buffs, this is also a wonderful wedding venue.
- Sandaway Waterfront Lodging is an elegant Oxford hotel for couples, with spectacular views of Chesapeake Bay. The private beach is the perfect spot for sunset, and the atmosphere is tranquil and romantic.
- Lake Pointe Inn offers an adults-only stay on the edge of Deep Creek Lake. Pick this place for the quiet vibe, the many activities, the spa tubs and the excellent massages. A brilliant B&B for nature-loving couples.
For Outdoorsy Families or Groups
- Savage River Lodge has a collection of yurts and cabins surrounded by 700 acres of spectacular State Forest. Pick this place for a memorable retreat with family and friends. Think wooden beams and crackling fireplaces with luxurious touches, superb cuisine, and heaps of activities including cycling, hiking, geocaching, and wildlife-spotting. A nature lover's dream.
- The Inn at Perry Cabin sits on the edge of the Miles River in St Michaels, featuring beautifully-appointed rooms and suites clad in soothing tones. Expect a spa, an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, a sailing school and complimentary bicycles — plenty for active guests of all ages. There's a delectable eatery and many rooms have waterfront views. For adventurous couples, friends or families.
- Wylder Tilghman Island offers a fun, waterfront stay for active couples, friends or families on 3-mile Tilghman Island. Unwind in white and blue bedrooms, spend your days in the saltwater pool, at the bocce court or playing lawn games after bike rides and kayaking trips. The food is fabulous. A 9-acre resort on Chesapeake Bay.
- The Ivy offers just 18 elegant rooms and suites in downtown Baltimore, perfect for an intimate couples' stay, or for a trip with friends and family. Built in 1889 as a private residence, the property now features whimsical interiors and an excellent fine-dining restaurant, Magdalena. Enchanting.
- Four Seasons Baltimore is a glitzy waterfront hotel with dazzling river views from sumptuous contemporary rooms, the outdoor pools, multiple eateries and the indulgent spa. Ideal for business travellers, couples or families looking to unwind in style.
For Great Value
- The Inn at Osprey Point is a well-priced pick for a holiday as a couple or with family and friends. Set on the shores of Swan Creek in Rock Hall, the inn has a large marina, a popular eatery and flexible accommodation options. A good base for Chesapeake Bay activities.
- Hotel RL Baltimore is a centrally-located harbour hotel in Baltimore. Rooms are airy and simple, there are sociable communal areas, and the vibe is very relaxed. An affordable city choice. Free bike rentals are a bonus!
FOR A HOLIDAY HOUSE OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Baltimore–Washington International Airport, and travel to your destination by bus or taxi.
- Maryland is great for a road trip! If you would like to hire a car, we suggest that you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit between March and May for the beginning of the sailing season, and to see the landscape in full bloom. The summers are especially busy. Autumn (October - November) is beautiful and winters are cold but cosy!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Refine your search to see the best places to stay in Annapolis.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in Washington DC.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Maryland
Best Hotels in Maryland
Hotel Brexton Baltimore (Maryland) 28 rooms from £93Sights nearby - Try the boat tours to explore the city, or even a water taxi.Local markets - Broadway Pier.Four poster beds - For romantics.Full of character
An 1881 Queen Anne style, seven-storied boutique hotel. Rooms vary in style with four poster beds or modern furnishings, all with mod-cons, bathrooms and a daily breakfast. Location is perfect for local exploring, discovering Baltimore's history and in close proximity to Washington DC. See More
The Inn at Osprey Point Rock Hall, Maryland 7 rooms from £94Groups - Groups or families will love the 4 bedroom Farmhouse which comes with kitchen, pool table, fire-pit and screened porchBack to Nature - Breathe in fresh sea air as you sail, kayak, fish or simply relax on the water-facing lawnSailing - Those arriving by boat can dock at the marina and receive 50% off of transient feesFishing - Charter a boat out into Swan Creek for fishing or simply a sunset cruise
Elegant inn, restaurant and marina located on the shores of Swan Creek in Rock Hall. Rooms are split over 3 colonial-style buildings; the main inn, farmhouse and annexe. There is an outdoor pool, extensive waterfront grounds and children's playground. Rooms are traditional and offer panoramic views. See More
Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor Baltimore 129 rooms from £98Local exploring - Inner Harbor is Baltimore's sightseeing hub with endless attractions plus lively bars and restaurantsRestaurant - The lobby restaurant serves healthy, natural fare inspired by Maryland cuisine. The cafe bar offers comp coffee to hotel guestsSights nearby - Visit the harbor's historic warships, National Aquarium, Ripley's Believe It or Not! or catch a baseball game at Camden YardsLocal markets - The area boasts an excellent market, the local Farmer's Market Bazaar
Good-value centrally-located harbour hotel. Relaxed decor combines industrial fixtures and materials with mish-mashed furniture. Fresh and airy rooms with wooden floors are cosy in a minimalist style. Sociable guests will love the open-plan communal lobby, cafe bar, small events venue & games room. See More
Hotel Revival Baltimore (Mount Vernon) 100 rooms from £98City Style - Part of an effort to bring the local historic neighbourhood to life, this impressive property is deeply embedded in its locationArtworks - The curated art collection supports local artists & plays on the building's artistic legacy. Rooms have one-of-a-kind piecesLocal exploring - Located in the wonderful Mount Vernon neighbourhood with vibrant art galleries, shops, parks & historic architectureRestaurant - Gorgeous rooftop restaurant and garden bar, Topside, offers fresh, locally and seasonal food inspired by the Chseapeake Bay
Former 1920s mansion converted into stylish boutique hotel. Whimsical interiors combine period-fixtures, floral wallpaper, antiques, unique art & homely oriental carpets with Art Deco & mid-century touches. Enjoy phenomenal views from the lively restaurant and bar. Perfect for a romantic city break. See More
Hotel Monaco, Baltimore Baltimore (Maryland) 202 rooms from £101Sights nearby - Downtown Baltimore offers a historic neighbourhood and a range of sights.Fishing - Check out the harbour.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
A 1906 Beaux Arts gem with original Tiffany fixtures and marble staircases in the heart of Baltimore. The modern, spacious rooms offer city views. B&O American Brasserie whips up locally sourced American cuisine and do not miss wine hour every evening. Gym and business facilities also available. See More
Inn at Perry Cabin St Michaels 78 rooms from £130Total relaxation - The peaceful gardens, exquisite spa, outdoor pool and views over Chesapeake Bay- the perfect relaxing breakActive Holiday - The Offshore Sailing School on the inn's grounds offers lessons between April and NovemberSpa - Linden Spa offers an array of spa treatments, including massages, exfoliation treatments, yoga classes, facials and pedicuresRestaurant - Stars, a riverfront dining room with floor-to-ceiling windows, serving local fare, and offering afternoon tea in the dayRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Beautiful colonial hotel with spectacular views of Chesapeake Bay, a 200-year-old garden and a renowned spa. The spacious and elegant rooms feature Laura Ashley designer fabrics and wallpapers. The bar, restaurant, gardens and spa all conspire to provide a relaxed yet stylish atmosphere. See More
Admiral Fell Inn Baltimore (Maryland) 80 rooms from £109Sights nearby - Try a Baltimore Water Taxi to see the city from the water.Local markets - Broadway Market and Pier are a great afternoon trip.Four poster beds - For romantics.Full of character
18th Century boutique resting on Baltimore's historic waterfront offers scenic boat trips and ghost tours. Spacious rooms are notably comfortable with antique furnishings. Tapas Adela serves up delicious cocktails and a Spanish menu. Location is perfect for local exploring for all the family. See More
Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown Baltimore 162 rooms from £112Local exploring - Explore the hotel's historic Mount Vernon neighbhourhood; expect cobblestone streets, impressive brownstones and major sitesLearning - It's walking distance to John Hopkins University, Maryland Institute College of Art and The Peabody InstituteCity Style - Very cool Bi-Level Suites offer two floors of loft-style inner city living, perfect for extended staysRestaurant - Delightful Poets Modern Cocktails & Eats is equal parts cosy and sexy; it's a great option for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cool contemporary hotel located in desirable Mount Vernon neighbourhood. Well-designed rooms feel fresh and current; expect spa-inspired bathrooms, custom artwork and cosy residential touches. Trendy restaurant, library, gym and business centre makes this ideal for stays in the city centre. See More
Georges on York Taneytown, Maryland 6 rooms from £115Local exploring - Well-located at crossroads of Carroll, Frederick and Adams Counties, this is a great base for exploring the area's many sitesSights nearby - This is Civil War battlefield country. Visit Gettysburg Battlefield Visitors Center, Monocacy Battlefield & Antietam BattlefieldRestrictions on children - Children aged 15 years and above are welcomeFull of character
Quirky B&B situated in a small-town Georgian home. Each of the 5 rooms has been decorated to match a different period of the building's history; all share cosy touches and a homely feel. Antiques fill public areas, there's a garden terrace and delicious home-cooked breakfast. Fun mix of old and new. See More
Wylder Tilghman Island Saint Michaels, Maryland 54 rooms from £117Weddings - Arrive by boat to a ceremony on the creek-facing lawn. Excellent dining and outdoor fire-pits make this a memorable venueCountry Escape - A weekend by the sea doesn't get more wholesome; eat well, sail, kayak, enjoy the views and breathe in that salty airTotal relaxation - You can easily while away a stay soaking in the heated salt water pool or reading a book on the sea-facing lawnSailing - Charter a fishing boat or a sunset cruise on Harris CreekRecommended by - Tablet
Seaside hotel located on a 9.5-acre estate on Tilghman Island. The 1898 boarding house has been converted into a chic nautical-themed resort with a private marina, pool and 2 seafood dining venues. 54 rooms have sea views and balconies and are decked out in maritime colours, brass, rattan and wood. See More
Historic Inns of Annapolis Annapolis (Maryland) 124 rooms from £117Sailing - Sailing in Annapolis is a popular past time.Sights nearby - National Maritime Museum.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Hotel consists of 3 townhouses in central Annapolis. Modern rooms offer en suite bathrooms and all facilities. The Treaty of Paris Restaurant offers seasonal fish, an extensive wine list and American cuisine. Location is great for Maryland's history and Washington DC. Business and gym facilities. See More
The Oaks Waterfront Inn St Michaels, Maryland 15 rooms from £125Local exploring - Relaxed and scenic base from which to explore the bay. Visit small local towns, go sailing, fishing or kayakingWeddings - Offers one of the best wedding venues in the Chesapeake Bay; secluded waterfront backfrop is to die forBirdwatching - Spot Great Blue Herons, Ospreys, transient Canada Geese and Bald Eagles from the shorelineSwimming Pool - It's tempting not to leave the property and just sunbathe by the large outdoor pool
Centuries-old waterfront inn set on the cove off Chesapeake Bay. Rooms, suites and a stand-alone cottage blend traditional period decor with fresh colour schemes and modern touches. After a home-cooked breakfast, explore the area's natural beauty or relax by the pool. Designed for weddings & events. See More
Lake Pointe Inn McHenry, Maryland 10 rooms from £132Active Holiday - There are many activities at this 4 season destination: hiking, biking, skiing and boatingRomantic Break - With luxury tubs and special romantic packages- this is a couples paradiseFishing - Garrett County has become one of the premier destinations for the sport of fly-fishingGreat walks - At Blackwater Falls State Park twist and tumble through an eight-mile long gorge
A luxury adult-only inn set on the waterfront in the hamlet of McHenry. Rooms are elegant and romantic with sweeping lake vistas, balconies, cosy fireplaces, spa tubs and steam showers. Enjoy a delicious homemade breakfast on the porch & take advantage of the sauna/steam room and massage services. See More
Wades Point Inn on the Bay St Michaels (McDaniel) 26 rooms from £140Sailing - Lady Patty sets sail from Knapp’s Narrows Marina onto the Chesapeake Bay and the Choptank River- discounts for hotel guests.Fishing - Have a certified Orvis guide take you out in a 19 foot Hewes flatboat, or simply enjoy the complimetary lines provided.Kayaking - Kayaks onsite for exploring the The American Canoe Association recommended Tilghman Island Water Trail.Birdwatching - Check out the “Birds of Wades Point B & B" list- regularly updated by Talbot Bird Club.
Great Oak Manor Chestertown, Maryland 13 rooms from £140Back to Nature - Enjoy the outdoors with the inn's complimentary cruiser bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, hammocks, binoculars, fire-pit and moreLocal markets - Visit Chestertown's Farmer’s Market which opens every Saturday morningRestrictions on children - Children over the age of 12 are welcomeSailing - Go on sunset cruise and spot dolphins
A charming and historic waterfront inn set on a country estate near Chestertown. Rooms are spacious and elegant with antique furniture, skylights, cosy fireplaces and stand-alone tubs. Relax in a hammock shaded by stately old walnut trees or use the paddleboards, kayaks and bicycles. A homely stay. See More
The Tidewater Inn Easton, Maryland 86 rooms from £145Business meetings - Offers a fantastic array of meeting and event spaces across meeting rooms, the carriage house, ballrooms and hospitality suitesLocal exploring - Located within downtown; walk to shops, art galleries, museum & restaurants or head to Oxford & Kent Island for day tripsWeddings - Fab choice for classic weddings. Venues include ballrooms, gardens, tented courtyard and even outdoor ceremoniesShort break - Less than two hours from Washington DC, Baltimore and Wilmington - this makes for lovely Eastern Shore getaways
Deluxe colonial-style hotel & a stand-alone 5-bedroom house in downtown Easton. Dating from Victorian times, a recent renovation has brought elegant airy spaces to life. Enjoy an indulgent spa, a tavern specializing in seafood & lots of outdoor space. Perfect for events and Chesapeake Bay getaways. See More
Rachael's Dowry Baltimore 6 rooms from £147Local exploring - Managing to feel quiet and peaceful, the area is walking distance from many of Baltimore's main sitesCity Style - Feel like a well-heeled local when staying at this elegant and centrally-located baseSights nearby - Walk to Baltimore's Inner Harbour, Lexington Market, Edgar Allen Poe Museum and Barre Circle Historic DistrictRestrictions on children - Children aged 10 and above are welcome at the property
Built-in 1798 as the home of a prominent American family, this beautifully restored traditional townhouse is now an award-winning inn. Centrally located, yet with a pleasant courtyard garden, 6 classically decorated rooms have antique furniture, Persian rugs, fireplaces & stand-alone tubs. See More
Sandaway Waterfront Lodging Oxford, Maryland 18 rooms from £148Cooking classes - Cooking demonstrations with Master Chef Mark Salter in nearby town Oxford.Hideaway - Each room comes with a private seating area commanding spectacular views.Views - Views of the Tred Avon River, Choptank River, & Chesapeake BayFishing - Nearby Chesapeake Bay offers a variety of fishing charters.
Graduate Annapolis Annapolis 215 rooms from £149Local exploring - Good base to explore Chesapeake Bay; walk coastal paths, eat at great restaurants or browse antique stores and art galleriesBusiness meetings - 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space make this perfect for events and functions of up to 500 peopleCity Style - The smartest place to stay in this small seaside townRestaurant - Tuck into coffees, healthy snacks and salads at Poindexter or indulge in nostalgic American comfort food at Trophy Room
Funky boutique-style hotel in the heart of Annapolis Arts District. Luxuriously decorated in joyful primary tones, rooms and public spaces centre around a spectacular light-filled atrium and feature locally inspired touches. Enjoy a coffee bar, buzzing restaurant, 24-hour gym, bikes and dog park. See More
Brampton Inn Chestertown, Maryland 12 rooms from £155Back to Nature - Sandy Point State Park is the ideal location for an outdoor adventure. Spend the day fishing, swimming, or spotting wildlifeSwimming Pool - Guests can access to the pool at the Chester River Yacht and Country CluSights nearby - Visit nearby Sandy Point State Park for a range of activitiesRestrictions on children - Children over the age of 12
A luxury and modern inn set on a country estate one mile outside the historic town of Chestertown. Rooms are spacious and elegant with antiques, four-poster beds, cosy fireplaces, sweeping vistas and spa baths. Enjoy a delicious gourmet breakfast including legendary baked goods. A charming stay. See More
The Inn at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club Stevensville, Maryland 77 rooms from £160Families - Wide range of multi-bedrooms suites with spacious living areas, plus stand-alone cottages, offer great options for familiesTotal relaxation - Perfect place to come and chill out; spend days at the beach, enjoying the spoiling spa or sunbathing by the poolShort break - Located less than an hour from both Washington D.C. and Baltimore, this makes an ideal weekend breakBeach Life - Enjoy a small private beach and waterfront nearby, for use only by hotel guests
Contemporary inn with large grounds and fab amenities walking distance to the beach. Light-filled spaces feel airy and fresh with soft hues and polished farm-inspired furnishings; suites & cottages are to die for. Relax on-site with swimming pools, a spa, outdoor dining and a fire pit terrace. See More
Hummingbird Inn, Maryland Easton, Maryland 6 rooms from £163Suites - Sleek Crisfield Room is more of a suite. Recently renovated, it offers clean contemporary aesthetic and Vera Wang beddingLocal exploring - Tranquil base to return to after idyllic days exploring the area's charming small towns, sites and beachesFishing - The Eastern Shores offer fantastic fishing. The area is known for Maryland Blue Crab, rockfish (striped bass), oysters and clamsSailing - Head to Oxford, one of the oldest towns in America, for excellent boating and historical sightseeing
Owner-run Victorian-era B&B on a quiet leafy Easton street. Lovely rooms feature impressive modern comforts; think top of the range bedding and sound systems. Breakfast is served in a pretty dining room and there's a guest parlour, large garden & wrap-around porch. Beautiful base for exploring. See More
Annapolis Waterfront Hotel Annapolis 149 rooms from £167Local exploring - The prime location means that the historic downtown's shops, attractions and restaurants, plus the harbour, are walking distanceWeddings - Enjoy a waterfront wedding; the property's venues range from a traditional ballroom and harbour-view rooms to outdoor patiosRestaurant - All-day Pusser's Caribbean Grille serves fresh seafood with wonderful harbour and bay views; it's a firm favourite with localsSights nearby - Take a trolley tour of Annapolis, covering 350 years of history in an hour; drive past colonial mansions and Victorian homes
Contemporary luxury waterfront hotel located in the historic downtown. Views are everywhere, from fresh nautical-themed rooms and private balconies to harbour-front restaurant and outdoor patio. Decor combines sleek furnishings with homely touches and a cosy feel. Stylish well-connected city base. See More
Jacob Rohrbach Inn Sharpsburg, Maryland 5 rooms from £185Romantic Break - Located in a 19th century outhouse with a feature fireplace, General's Quarters offers a quiet romantic nook ideal for couplesLocal exploring - Explore Civil War sites, wineries and stunning natural landscapes at a range of national parks from this well-located baseSights nearby - Civil War-era Antietam Battlefield is walking distance from the inn. Explore more sites a little further afieldFamilies - Two-bedroom suite, adjoining rooms and airbeds for kids offer lots of fab family options
Handsome 19th-century inn close to Antietam Battlefield. Each room has its own interesting original features, in addition to plush amenities and top-of-the-range bedding. Enjoy breakfast made from homegrown ingredients, a large garden and private porches for lazy afternoons. Authentic historic gem. See More
Antrim 1844 Taneytown, Maryland 40 rooms from £187Local exploring - This is Civil War territory; history buffs will want to visit monuments, military parks, cemetries, memorials and historic sitesFoodies - The property's Smokehouse Restaurant was recently named Best Historic Restaurant in AmericaSights nearby - The property is 15 minutes drive from Gettysburg's Civil War battlefields, Frederick, Westminster and HanoverGreat walks - Go for a wander on one of the ground's nature trails, play croquet on the lawn or a spot of badminton
Indulge in illusions of grandeur at this Greek-Revival brick boutique hotel set in 24 acres of grounds. Every detail has been considered in highly decorative rooms that hail back to the Gilded Age; think heavy wooden four-poster beds, high ceilings, floral wallpaper & window seats. A special stay. See More
Swanendele Inn Ridge, Maryland 7 rooms from £187Romantic Break - Both suites offer two-person whirlpools with champagne holders and sunset views over St. Jerome’s Creek and Chesapeake BayLocal exploring - The area is home to some of the country's oldest colonial sites, in addition to a rich Civil War and naval historyHideaway - The place to do very little. Sit on your deck or the private porch and admire the view from sunrise to sunsetViews - Stunning views from rooms include St. Jerome’s Creek, gardens, forest, Chesapeake Bay, sunrise and sunset
Stunning waterfront plot with direct access to St Jermone's Creek. A southern-style mansion surrounded by landscaped gardens boasts endless wraparound porches, private decks & water views from each window. Homely individually decorated rooms feature antiques & fireplaces. Secluded seaside hideaway. See More
Savage River Lodge Frostburg, Maryland 26 rooms from £195Back to Nature - Secluded and surround by forest, the lodge is the perfect way to re-connect with nature and disconnect with technologyActive Holiday - With skiing, hiking and biking trails and world-class fishing, the activities are second to noneGreat walks - Fourteen miles of hiking trails provide ample reasons to get outdoors for a hike over the headwaters of the Savage RiverFishing - With quiet forests and clear mountain streams, Western Maryland is the place to be for fly fishing
Rustic luxury cabins & glamorous yurts set in the heart of the serene Savage River State Forest. Rooms are airy and luxurious with cosy gas fireplaces, underfloor heating, private decks and soaking tubs. Enjoy fresh juices and homemade muffins delivered to your door every morning. Rural perfection! See More
The Inn at Henderson's Wharf Baltimore (1000 Fell Street) 38 rooms from £195WeddingsSights nearby - The Marina at Henderson's Wharf, on the doorstep, is a great place to see the boats of the seas.Views - Great views from hotelOutstanding location
Personal butler service ensures this old tobacco factory fits the brief. In a quiet corner of Fell's Point on Henderson's Wharf you'll find a charming inner courtyard garden overlooked by large, modern rooms, some with views of the sea. Explore fine dining and good pubs on this historic waterfront. See More
The Sagamore Pendry Baltimore 128 rooms from £215City Style - An uber cool waterfront hotel with floor to ceiling steal-cast windows, cutting edge interior design and fabulous dining optionsLocal exploring - Right in the beating heart of Baltimore's buzzy waterfront, filled with restaurants and tourist entertainmentsSights nearby - Edgar Allen Poe’s house has been turned into a National Historic Landmark telling the history of the poet's lifeLocal markets - Lexington Market started in 1872 and boasts over a 100 local food vendors along with live jazzRecommended by - Tablet
Once a dancehall for the floods of immigrants entering the US, Recreation Point now holds a trendy design hotel that is taking Baltimore's waterfront by storm! The cool interiors are matched with fantastic service and a range of show-stopping eateries and bars. With an outdoor pool and fab location! See More
The Inn at Huntingfield Creek Rock Hall, Maryland 12 rooms from £250Weddings - Ideal venue for country weddings: 70 acres of land, 5000-square-foot farmhouse and country-chic barn make for a dream venueBack to Nature - Admire the stunning natural scenery of Chesapeake Bay area and soak in peaceful and tranquil environmentRomantic Break - Cottages are ideal for romantic retreats. Cuddle up by the fire, soak in a spa tub or watch the sunsetBirdwatching - The inn offers fantastic birdwatching; Upper Chesapeake Bay is home to a multitude of resident and migratory birds
Rural 70-acre farm estate on the water's edge. Made up of rooms in the main house and separate self-catered cottages. There's an outdoor pool, beautiful gardens and farm-fresh breakfast. Contemporary cottages have a romantic feel with cosy fireplaces. Perfect for weddings or quiet country weekends. See More
The Ivy Baltimore 18 rooms from £410City Style - The Ivy enjoys a perfect location for those looking to get to know BaltimoreTotal relaxation - Luxurious accommodation and extensive spa facilities at your disposal!Sights nearby - Wander over to the historic Mount Vernon Place and check out Johnson SquareLocal markets - Head over to Baltimore's bustling Lexington MarketRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Relais & Chateaux
The luxury 5* Ivy Hotel was built in 1889 and offers elegant accommodation in downtown Baltimore. The rooms are designed in a traditional manner but with plenty of colour to liven things up, whilst meals at their superb Magdalena restaurant aren't to be missed out on. An upmarket and classy stay! See More
Four Seasons Baltimore Baltimore (Harbor East) 256 rooms from £486Romantic Break - Offering views from bed, indulgent VIP couple's spa suite and private helicopter tours, this is the place to push the boat outFamilies - Four Seasons knows how to take care of the whole family; the property provides pampering for adults, kids and teenagers alikeSpa breaks - Impressive spa packages include special night experiences for couples and no-touch treatments for more vulnerable guestsArtworks - The hotel's boasts the city's largest art collection; it was curated by Mark Myers of Atlantic Arts
Glitzy five-star urban waterfront retreat located on prime Baltimore Harbor real estate. Views are everywhere; be dazzled from the outdoor pool, rooms, spa and high-rise restaurants. Expansive rooms and suites offer every comfort imaginable, whether in town for business, romance or family vacations. See More