- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Buffalo
Half an hour south of Niagara Falls, Buffalo was powered by the energy of the falls in the early 1900s, and was the first American city to have electric streetlights. Now post-industrial Buffalo wears its old factory buildings - many of them Art Deco behemoths - with pride. Sure, it can get cold here and it’s buried under mountains of snow annually, but this is a warm and vibrant place with a creative community atmosphere. Some of the best places to stay in Buffalo are pretty historic themselves - the falls has long been drawing people here - and our pick of the bunch is a luxury mansion conversion with top notch service.
What Not To Miss
- Undoubtedly, one of the most famous attractions is Niagara Falls and this world-famous natural spectacle should not be missed.
- Experience the iconic architecture at Frank Lloyd Wright's, Darwin D. Martin House Complex with visitors able to take tours of the house, gardens and see various art collections.
- Take a tour of Forest Lawn, one of the oldest rural cemeteries in the United States with more than 160,000 permanent residents. The tours can encompass various different themes and is a peaceful 269-acre space set amongst the city.
- Learn about the naval history at the Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park with loads for visitors to see. There's everything here from museums filled with artefacts to tours of ships and submarines making for an interesting trip for all the family.
- Or experience a different type of history at the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site with exhibits on assassination and inauguration along with tours of nearby historic neighbourhoods.
- The Pierce-Arrow Museum is a must-see for car enthusiasts with numerous historic cars along with a full-sized reconstruction of a Frank Lloyd Wright gas station.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Buffalo allow visitors to stay in grand accommodation, perfect for unwinding after a busy day's sightseeing.
- The Mansion on Delaware Avenue is a grand and graceful redbrick Victorian mansion which was converted into a hotel about 125 years ago now. It’s has 28 rooms and personal butler service. Plus a private art collection. Wow, eh?
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of properties, perfect for exploring everything the city has to offer.
- Fly to Buffalo Niagara International Airport located 16km (10.5 miles) from Buffalo with a selection of flights to major U.S. destinations along with seasonal flights further afield to locations such as Cancun.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Buffalo with Amtrak rail links to New York amongst other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning natural surroundings, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer from June to August when the weather is typically warmer.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Buffalo
The Mansion on Delaware Avenue 28 rooms from 195Buffalo
Grand and graceful redbrick Victorian mansion which has been a hotel for more than 125 years. Personal butler service sets this hotel apart as a place for discerning guests to enjoy the finer things in life: 100% Italian cotton luxury linens, en-suite whirlpool baths and a private art collection.Sights nearby - Just a 30-minue drive from Niagara Falls, America's most famous waterfall.