Search the best hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati has plenty of historic charm and a European feel. The city’s elegant skyline had an impact on Charles Dickens - it was the only American city that he liked, calling it “beautiful, cheerful, thriving and animated”. While that was in the 19th Century, it is still true today. The culture is a unique blend of the Northeast, the Old South, and the Midwest, laid on top of German-Catholic heritage plus being friendly and arty.Many of the best places to stay in Cincinnati can be found in the city’s heart, among the beautiful old high-rises, but if you like the look of the city’s skyline you should see it from the city’s picturesque foothills.
What Not To Miss
- Cincinnati is right on the Ohio River and has a wonderful river boating heritage and some colourful Downtown Basin neighbourhoods right by the river. The most famous and unique is probably Over-The-Rhine, which is where the large community of German immigrants settled in the 19th Century - some say they came because this was a great port city. Now Over-The-Rhine is a beautiful community of lovely Victorian buildings with original German signs and numerous bars.
- Some of Cincinnati’s other highlights include the Findlay Market, Fountain Square and the 49th floor observation deck of Carew Tower - which is the world’s tallest pre WW2 structure and has a lovely Art Deco interior, and of course offers excellent views of the city.
- If you want to learn about more about this town visit the Cincinnati Museum Centre in the spectacular 1933 Union Terminal building, the Cincinnati Art Museum, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Centre and the Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum. Of course you must visit the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge and see the Contemporary Arts Centre.
- Cincinnati also has a zoo and aquarium, a holocaust centre and a wonderful array of parks and green spaces, some littered with sculptures - they like their flying pig statues here.
- The city is also one of the homes of baseball - the Cincinnati Reds were America’s first professional team and their stadium, the Great American Ball Park is quite something, right by the riverside. Sport is pretty big here.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Cincinnati allow visitors to really unwind after a busy day exploring this vibrant city.
The best places to stay in Cincinnati
For classic charm
- The Cincinnatian Hotel is a classic Cincinnati hotel, known for its carefully decorated rooms and suites - there are 112 - with oversized baths, comfortable beds and crimson accents. The hotel is perfect for afternoon tea and cocktails.
Chic and Central
- The 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati is a sleek, chic hotel with an onsite modern art gallery and 156 modern, elegant rooms. The colour palate is neutral with splashes of colour and the furniture has been carefully selected for comfort and impact. There’s a gym and spa, but no children allowed.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of central properties, ideal for exploring the city.
- Fly to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport located 20km (13 miles) from Cincinnati with a selection of domestic and International links including to Europe.
- The city is also served by Amtrak rail services including destinations such as New York and Chicago.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - late April to early June provides visitors with typically pleasant temperatures for enjoying the city with a few festivals around this time as well.
Still not sure?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Cincinnati,
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Ohio or Kentucky
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cincinnati
Best Hotels in Cincinnati
The Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati 112 rooms from £187Sights nearby - Only 5 minutes' drive from the Paul Brown Stadium, home of the Cincinnati Bengals.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
The Cincinnatian Hotel is a stalwart member of Ohio's third city's hotel heritage. Lovingly decorated rooms and suites in neutral tones with rich crimson accents, featuring oversized bathtubs and comfortable beds. On-site restaurant and bar serve sumptuous fare, afternoon tea and cocktails. Gym. See More
21c Museum Hotel, Cincinnati Cincinnati 156 rooms from £202Sights nearby - The Aronoff Center for the Arts is located just a short walk away, and the Taft Museum of Art is less than 2km from the hotel.Restrictions on children - No children can be accomodated at the hotel.Lively area - In the thick of the action.SpaRecommended by - Tablet
Chic, sleek accommodations with an onsite modern art gallery. Laid-back elegance defines the interiors, where splashes of colour cut through a neutral palette to create a fresh ambiance, and with carefully selected furniture to complete the look. Gym, spa. Sustainable fare served in the restaurant. See More