Search the best hotels in Ohio
At the heart of the Great Lakes region, Ohio promises spectacular scenery as well as bustling cities with fabulous food and cultural attractions aplenty. With the Appalachian Mountains to the south-east, Lake Erie to the north and numerous state parks — fantastic in the fall — scattered around the state, there’s heaps for families, couples or groups to experience. Accommodation options range from rural B&Bs to swish city hotels, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Hide away at one of the best places to stay in Ohio, or pick a hotel in the centre of the city for a food, sports and history-focused trip.
Columbus, the state capital, is famed for its breweries, gourmet eateries and heritage sites. It’s also a brilliant choice for families, with some excellent child-friendly attractions — including a Legoland Discovery Centre. Charming Cincinnati, on the other hand, has a hip, artsy feel, as well as impressive European-inspired architecture and lots to see and do.
Cleveland, on the shores of Lake Erie, fuses cultural attractions — the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Centre — with a more outdoorsy vibe. Go fishing and bird-watching on Lake Erie, kick back at the beach, or take thrill-seeking friends or family members to the acclaimed Cedar Point Amusement Park.
Venture beyond Ohio’s cities to discover more than 70 state parks, 130 state nature preserves, and a plethora of creeks and lakes. You’ll find opportunities to go hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, rafting and fishing. The landscapes of the north-west are gentler, whilst the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, in the south-east, offer a further challenge to intrepid explorers and wildlife enthusiasts.
Whether you’re dreaming of micro-breweries, live music nights and guided city tours or nature-focused escapes, the best places to stay in Ohio promise something for everyone. Hotels and inns book up quickly during the summer and autumn months, so plan your trip well in advance.
The Best Places to Stay in Ohio
For Heritage Charm
- Cuyahoga Valley Inn has just 4 guestrooms, set within a charming Victorian home. This owner-run B&B offers a quaint, quiet base for exploring, on the outskirts of Richfield. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is five minutes' drive away. A period property for couples or friends.
- Steele Mansion is a lavish Second Empire Victorian mansion, just across the road from Painesville's Lake Erie College. Choose this 1867-built hotel for its heritage features and sumptuous decor. For romantics, friends or business travellers.
- Glidden House is a historic boutique hotel in Cleveland's University Circle. Expect elegant interiors in an imposing red brick edifice, built in 1910. Rooms and suites feature plenty of period touches, there are expansive meeting and wedding spaces, and the location is great for culture buffs looking to see the sights.
FOR FAMILIES OR GROUPS
- Graduate Cincinnati has a bright, upbeat feel, with retro-inspired interiors. Right on the University of Cincinnati campus, this is a top pick for anyone visiting students. Families and groups will appreciate the flexible room configurations. There's a buzzy bar and eatery, a gym, meeting facilities and bikes to zip around the city. Fun and youthful.
- Moxy Columbus Short North is a trendy base in Columbus' arts district, with flexible options for families or groups of friends. Stay here for the fun, sociable vibe in the shared spaces with a billiard table, bar and casual restaurant. The hot-desking work spaces are ideal for business travellers.
- Graduate Columbus is a more affordable option for families, couples or groups. Set in the trendy Short North Arts District, this retro hotel takes inspiration from classic college-style decor — think plaid walls and big leather sofas. There are two eateries, a terrace bar, gym and meeting facilities. A fun and flexible choice.
- Indigo Pass is a modern boutique choice in Middletown's Torchlight Pass district. Suites have big beds, dark blue-painted walls and swish wifi speakers. There's space for either three adults, or two adults and two children in each room, making this a wonderful pick for families or friends. Pets are welcome, too!
- Gervasi Vineyard Luxury Suites is an indulgent wine country hotel, set on 55 acres of grounds. The Tuscan-inspired property boasts a selection of rooms, suites and villas, some of which offer space for families. Choose a villa if travelling as an extended family or group of friends, take cooking classes, following hiking or cycling trails as a family, and enjoy wine tastings in spectacular surroundings.
- Hotel Leveque sits in the heart of Columbus' downtown area, close to the river. A slick, sophisticated pick for couples or well-heeled travellers, this boutique-style hotel boasts monochrome interiors, gilded mirrors, and swish bathrooms with brass fittings. The craft cocktail bar is brilliant.
- Anchor Inn is a calm and cosy property on South Bass Island. Expect big bathrooms — some with free-standing tubs — and private terraces in soothing white-and-blue rooms. An adults-only gem for those looking to unwind in tranquility.
- The Inn at Honey Run is a romantic forest hideaway in Amish Country. Rooms, suites and cottages have glorious rural views, there's a terrific fine-dining restaurant, and heaps of walking trails on the 56 acres of grounds. Adults-only bliss.
- Welsh Hills Inn promises a restful stay close to the pretty village of Granville. A perfect couples' retreat, the inn is set within 15 acres of verdant gardens. The property boasts a swimming pool, gourmet fare, and cosy guestrooms. Idyllic.
- The Barn Inn is tucked in leafy Amish Country, perfect for a rejuventating escape. Individually-designed rooms and suites (some with jetted tubs) with wonderful countryside views are housed within a restored, red-painted barn. Characterful and friendly. Adults only.
FOR CITY STYLE
- Kinley Cincinnati promises a seriously sophisticated stay in a building dating back to 1910. A trendy downtown spot for couples, friends or business travellers, this hip hotel has an acclaimed restaurant, an atmospheric cocktail bar, and a state-of-the-art gym. The Art Deco touches are gorgeous.
- The Schofield is a chic, contemporary hotel set within a downtown Cleveland landmark. The building's red-brick façade hides quirky, welcoming interiors, with spacious rooms and suites as well as a relaxed restaurant — Betts — offering a fresh take on classic American cuisine.
- 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati is a favourite amongst art lovers. This sleek city hotel boasts its own modern art gallery, with a programme of fantastic exhibitions and events throughout the year. There's an excellent gourmet eatery and a soothing spa, too. In the city centre.
- Le Meridien Columbus promises an indulgent city stay, with a soothing spa, extensive gym and fabulous farm-to-table cuisine. Expect lots of artwork, a popular bar, and sweeping city views from modern rooms and suites. For couples, families or business travellers. Pets are welcome! Explore the city on the hotel's complimentary bicycles.
For a Rural Escape
- Inn at Cedar Falls is a restorative Hocking Hills hideaway for nature lovers of all ages. Stay in rooms, cottages, yurts or geodomes with space for couples or families, and enjoy spa treatments and delicious dishes. Outdoorsy adventurers will love nearby Hocking Hills State Park.
- Shady Oaks Farm B&B is a Federal-style manor house with four suites, one of which is dedicated to families. Enjoy multi-course breakfasts before relaxing in the gardens, driving into Cleveland for the day, or going cycling, walking and bird-watching.
- The Granville Inn has 39 well-appointed rooms and suites, with space for couples, families or business travellers. Savour seasonal dishes in the restaurant and explore the surrounding woodland and rolling hills. A lovely weekend retreat, just 30 minutes east of Columbus. Good for events.
- Glenlaurel prides itself on being the USA's only luxurious Scottish Country Estate & Inn. The 21 rooms, suites and cottages have cosy fireplaces, tartan touches and warm wooden furnishings, whilst the restaurant serves gourmet dishes with a Scottish twist. The golf course takes its inspiration from traditional Scottish courses. For business or leisure.
FOR Absolute Luxury
- The Lytle Park Hotel offers an elegant base for exploring Cincinnati as a couple, or whilst on business. Once a favourite meeting place of the city's 20th-century elite, this grand heritage landmark has been transformed into a luxurious hotel with spacious suites, a fabulous fitness centre, chic eateries and a rooftop bar promising panoramic city views. A very special wedding venue, adjoining Lytle Park.
- Ritz Carlton Cleveland is an imposing urban hotel with a soothing blue and grey palette in sleek rooms and suites promising superb city views. Unwind with a massage, hit the gym whilst the little ones are at the Kids Club, and feast on fabulous fare. A top-flight city hotel for business or leisure.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to John Glenn Columbus International Airport, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport or to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, and travel to your hotel by bus or taxi.
- Ohio is a wonderful region to explore by road! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for pleasant temperatures. The summers can be particularly busy in Ohio's cities, whilst rural inns are book up quickly in the autumn months.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our pick of all the best places to stay in Columbus.
- Broaden your search to include the best places to stay in Kentucky.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ohio
Best Hotels in Ohio
The Granville Inn Granville, Ohio 39 rooms from £75Romantic Break - Romantic packages include dinner for two, a Granville Inn wine and 1/2 pound box of handmade Goumas chocolatesLocal exploring - The inn is just a short 30 minutes from Columbus, Ohio and nearby to the State ParksGreat walks - Hike the trails at Infirmary Mound Park, Lobdell Reserve, Taft Reserve, or Morris Woods Nature PreserveRestaurant - The inn has two dining experiences: the more casual Tavern and the Oak Room, a fine dining experience
An elegant hotel set in Granville, a charming New England style village. Spacious and comfy rooms feature luxury linens, fluffy towelling robes and sweeping vistas of the garden. Dine at the Oak Room with its creative menus and sophisticated ambience and visit the tavern for a hand-crafted cocktail. See More
Indigo Pass Middletown, Ohio 6 rooms from £86Families - All rooms can comfortably sleep up to two adults and two children. The area is home to a range of family-friendly attractionsLocal exploring - Ideal location for exploring the historic district's restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment on footRestaurant - Gracie's restaurant serves contemporary comfort food and craft cocktails (open for dinner Wed - Sat plus Sunday brunch)Kayaking - Kayaking up Twin Creek makes for the perfect day outdoors
Modern boutique property in Middletown's newly renovated Torchlight district. Spacious suites combine bright colours, four-poster beds and mismatched funky prints to create a modern yet homely feel. Make the most of downtime at an on-site restaurant, hair salon & yoga studio. Fab downtown base. See More
Graduate Columbus Columbus 171 rooms from £99Local exploring - Located in Short North Arts District, the hotel is close to shops, galleries, restaurants, and The Ohio State UniversityValue chic - Expect vibrant design and a very attractive price tagRestaurant - Shake Shack serves all American fare while Poindexter is a cafe by day and bar at nightLocal markets - North Market is just a stroll away from the hotel
The stylish Graduate is an appealing stay for all. Well located in the Short North Arts District, this is a vibrant hotel with hip college-inspired design. Atmospheric rooms feature tartan walls, large desks, & retro furniture. Expect two dining options, a lively bar, and personalised service. See More
Graduate Cincinnati Cincinnati 203 rooms from £124Local exploring - Perfectly located for gameday weekends, college visits, and museum hoppingCity Style - Expect a distinct style with playful colours and fun retro designRestaurant - Poindexter serves all day breakfasts plus sandwiches and light bitesLocal markets - Sample local produce at Findlay Market
Located right on the University of Cincinnati campus, this is a trendy stay with a central location. College cool reigns throughout, expect bold colours and retro-inspired design with a distinctly Ohio touch. It may be youthful, but this hotel is polished from the amenities to the service. See More
Shady Oaks Farm B&B Northfield, Ohio 4 rooms from £124Romantic Break - Suite 1 is ideal for couples with its deep clawfoot bath tub, cosy fireplace, deluxe sheets & garden-view porchLocal exploring - Combines peace & tranquility with a handy location for visiting a range of sites in the areaFamilies - Two-bedroom Family Suite with its own living room & bathroom works for families of all agesCountry Escape - Perfect setting for quiet weekends in the country
Elegant secluded manor surrounded by expansive woodland gardens. Spacious suites with charming yet rustic period decor come with private living areas & fab family set-ups. Owners prepare a delicious multi-course breakfast each day. Great-value country base offering easy access to local attractions. See More
The Barn Inn Millersburg, Ohio 11 rooms from £124Country Escape - A charming and quaintly old fashioned inn set in the heart of Amish Country OhioLocal markets - There are several farmers' markets in the area that are a great place to witness rural life and sample local produceAdult Only - Very much an adult-only feel but on prior request children are sometimes allowed to stayFull of character
A charming barn conversion set in pretty rural Amish Ohio. Individually styled rooms are cosy and characterful with old fashioned wood fans, sink-into beds, and exposed beams; most lead onto a large shared verandah. Homemade breakfasts are served in the double-storey lounge. A tranquil rural base. See More
Hotel Leveque Columbus (COLUMBUS) 149 rooms from £126Local exploring - Well placed in downtown with the artsy Short North Arts District and historic German Village nearbyRestaurant - The Keep restaurant and bar serves American/French fusion cuisine, plus there's an onsite StarbucksBoutique
A chic boutique-style hotel located in central downtown. Stylish rooms feature gilded mirrors, monochrome hues, crisp white linen, and white tiled bathrooms with exposed brass fittings. A French/American modern restaurant with a superb craft cocktail bar is a fun evening spot. A luxury choice. See More
The Schofield Cleveland 122 rooms from £126City Style - Victorian-era red brick facade on the outside, contemporary decor and modern facilities on the inside.Local exploring - Centrally located in downtown Cleveland, close to several sightsSights nearby - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Playhouse Square theatre district are a moments awayRestaurant - Parkers Downtown restaurant offers American cuisine with a French flair
A historic building renovated tastefully, decorated with natural tones offers comfortable accommodation. Interesting art-works on display, some rooms have private hot tubs and views of the city. In-house restaurant and bar, a chic and lively hotel in the heart of the city. See More
Cuyahoga Valley Inn Richfield, Ohio 4 rooms from £137Local exploring - Well-located base close to the National Park & nearby attractions yet with expansive & relaxing surroundingsSights nearby - Visit nearby Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & RocksinoMinimum Stay - A two night minimum stay appliesFull of character
A charming Victorian home turned into an owner-run B&B. The Italianate mansion is set amongst mature gardens & features a traditional dining room & relaxation areas. Each unique room comes with decorative fireplaces & authentic period pieces; rest rooms are separate. A quaint base for exploring. See More
Glidden House Cleveland (Ohio) 60 rooms from £140Local exploring - A perfect location for exploring Ohio's trendiest areas such as Little Italy, Tremont and Ohio citySights nearby - Situated next to Cleveland's beautiful bontanical gardens and a must-visit is Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of FameGreat walks - Enjoy walking through Cleveland Metroparks with stunning sunrises over Lake ErieRestaurant - Palette Lounge offers pizzas, cheese-boards and drinks
An historic, boutique hotel situated in the lively area of the University Circle. Rooms are classically elegant with tasteful antiques. The complimentary breakfast is delicious with a great range of options. Take yourself on a tour of the beautiful artworks that line the hotel. Great for exploring! See More
Steele Mansion Painesville, Ohio 16 rooms from £148Business meetings - Genteel surroundings for private functions. Impressive range of spaces with catering include Conservatory, Board Room & parloursLearning - Overlooks Lake Erie College. Discounts are offered to parents, guests, students and alumniCity Style - Chic historic gem that's the pride of Painesville following a painstaking renovationWhirlpool Bathtub - Certain rooms come with spoiling Hydrotherapy Air tubs
Second Empire Victorian mansion restored to its former glory opposite Painesville's Lake Erie College. Step back in time across a range of grand parlours and gigantic rooms individually decorated in authentic period style; enjoy pedestal tubs, canopy beds & wet bars. Elegant small-town property. See More
Moxy Columbus Short North Columbus 116 rooms from £155Business meetings - It's 10 min walk to Greater Columbus Convention and half an hour to Ohio University making this a great option for work tripsSitting Room - The Living Room is the heart of the hotel. It's home to a lively bar, billiards, cosy sofas and handy communal work areaBar - The lively bar doubles up as a reception; grab your key and make friends as you enjoy a complimentary cocktailGroups - Clevery designed rooms make for comfortable stays for groups of friends and travel companions
On-trend boutique-style property in the Short North district. Make friends in the sociable living room with its buzzing bar, vibey hang-out areas and hot desks. Funky rooms with high-tech features blend ergonomic design with colourful contemporary touches. A fun playful base for work or pleasure. See More
Anchor Inn, Ohio Put-in-Bay, Ohio 10 rooms from £162Groups - Two-bedroom self-catered Wee Anchor Cottage suits friends or families travelling together - it's child and pet friendlyLocal exploring - Perfect base from which to explore Lake Erie. If you don't feel like venturing out it's a fab place to relaxBirdwatching - Massie Cliffside Preserve, Scheeff East Point Preserve and Jane Coates Wildflower Trail offer great sightingsKayaking - The best way to see the islands and explore the bay is by kayak; several guided tours are available
Tranquil adults-only inn on South Bass Island. Charming historic architecture & traditional Lake House decor combine with contemporary comforts & deluxe touches to wonderful effect. After a buffet breakfast read on your balcony or enjoy the porch. Calm & cosy property that feels just like home. See More
Glenlaurel Rockbridge, Ohio 21 rooms from £162Active Holiday - Guests are spoilt for choice with activities with canoeing, horse riding, boating, scenic air tours, golf, and year-long hikingRomantic Break - Couples can enjoy private hot tubs, whirlpool tub, and gas log fireplacesSights nearby - Explore the historic town of Nelsonville less than 30 minutes from GlenlaurelPrivate Hot Tub - All the crofts and cottages come with their own private outdoor hot tub
A charming Scottish themed hotel set on a rural 140-acre estate. Elegant and romantic cabins, cottages and rooms with fireplaces, the best with private outdoor hot tub or whirlpool bath tub for two. A restaurant serves incredible gourmet dishes with Scottish flair. Superb. See More
The Inn at Honey Run MIllersburg, Ohio 39 rooms from £176Restaurant - Fine-dining restaurant offers serene forest views from a contemporary chic setting. Expect locally-sourced all American cuisineCountry Escape - Go for country walks, explore the area's flora and fauna or simply relax by in-room fireplaces and admire stunning forest viewsBusiness meetings - Well set-up for corporate retreats and off-sites with ideal meeting space, function rooms, dining and activitiesShort break - Less than two hour's drive from Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh, this makes for a great weekend retreat
Tranquil and secluded adult-only boutique estate in Amish country. Striking Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired architecture merges seamlessly with natural surroundings; serene rooms, suites, cottages & fine-dining restaurant face the forest. Book stand-alone cottages for romance. Private forest hideaway. See More
Gervasi Vineyard Luxury Suites Canton, Ohio 48 rooms from £187Active Holiday - Partake in on-site winery and distillery, tours, tastings, pairings, culinary classes and eventsRestaurant - Three restaurants: Gervasi's Bistro features authentic Italian upscale dining and more casual outside dining at the Crush HouseCooking classes - Experience a three-course cooking class with the on-site renowed chefGreat walks - Discover local walking trails
Welsh Hills Inn Granville, Ohio 5 rooms from £194Local exploring - From beautiful golf courses to hiking, shopping, and sightseeing – there’s something for everyoneFishing - Fish the stocked pond where you’ll find bluegill, sunfish, perch, small and largemouth bass, catfish, and hybrid stripersRestaurant - The restaurant serves breakfast and dinner using fresh ingredients directly from the farmLocal markets - Enjoy Granville’s Saturday morning Farmer’s Market from May-October
A charming and idyllic countryside inn set in Welsh Hills in a pretty village. Comfortable and luxurious rooms feature original artworks, antique furnishings, cosy fireplaces and spacious bathrooms. Take a dip in the pool and explore the wooded gardens. Farm-to-table cuisine completes the picture. See More
21c Museum Hotel, Cincinnati Cincinnati 156 rooms from £202Sights nearby - The Aronoff Center for the Arts is located just a short walk away, and the Taft Museum of Art is less than 2km from the hotel.Restrictions on children - No children can be accomodated at the hotel.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet
Chic, sleek accommodations with an onsite modern art gallery. Laid-back elegance defines the interiors, where splashes of colour cut through a neutral palette to create a fresh ambiance, and with carefully selected furniture to complete the look. Gym, spa. Sustainable fare served in the restaurant. See More
Kinley Cininnati Cincinnati 94 rooms from £233City Style - Sleek and stylish with a strong sense of place; this is an in-demand place to rest your head for both business and leisureRomantic Break - Custom-made 'date night' package offers a romantic five-course dinner served in your own Corner King SuiteLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the city's downtown; sites, restaurants and entertainment are all walking distanceGroups - Cosy Bunk Room sleeps four across two sets of bunk beds; it can work for friends, families or colleagues
A luxury city hotel with rich history situated in heart of the downtown. Designer decor, chic furnishings and of-the-moment technology combine with period architecture to create an on-trend feel. High-tech gym, acclaimed restaurant and buzzing bar with Art Deco influences make this the place to be. See More
Le Meridien Columbus, The Joseph Columbus 135 rooms from £241City Style - Combining downtown location, on-trend dining, one-of-a-kind art collection and plush guest rooms, this is a dream city hotelBusiness meetings - Greater Columbus Convention Center is around the corner. The second floor is hotel's designated meeting and event room areaWeddings - Two ballrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning city views form a perfect wedding backdrop for up to 250 guestsArtworks - Find grand works of art belonging to the Ron and Ann Pizzuti Private Collection displayed throughout the property
Chic luxury downtown hotel with impressive facilities. Enter to a soaring double-height lobby decorated with sleek furnishings and striking artwork. There's also sleek city-view rooms, a farm-to-table restaurant, spoiling spa suites and a generous dog policy. A centrally placed contemporary classic. See More
The Lytle Park Hotel Cincinnati 106 rooms from £247Local exploring - Lytle Park historic district offers museums, theatres, historic architecture, performing arts centres and leafy city parkCity Style - Enjoy contemporary drinks and dining in impressive and inviting historical setting with bags of style and characterRoof terrace - Vista at Lytle Park offers stunning panoramic views over the Cincinnati skylineRestaurant - Boasts impressive dining options with Italian bistro, soaring Lobby Bar, Vista Bar and private dining options
Grand historic downtown property exquisitely converted into on-the-pulse contemporary wonder. Rooms are the epitome of elegance with soothing blue tone colour scheme, luxury amenities and top of the range facilities. Lobby and Vista bars are stand-out, offering stunning settings and atmosphere. See More
Inn at Cedar Falls Cedar Grove, Ohio 9 rooms from £281Total relaxation - It's hard to imagine somewhere more relaxing; enjoy rambling gardens, the sounds of nature, whirlpool tubs & forest-view porchesBack to Nature - Forget the stresses of modern life and settle into bucolic bliss surrounded by woodland, nature reserve, waterfall and cavesRomantic Break - Perfectly suited to special weekends away; enjoy roaring fires, romantic walks, cosy cabins and indulging spa treatmentsFamilies - The newly built luxe lodges have plenty of space for all the family and come with spacious wrap-around porches
Luxury cabins, yurts, cottages and lodges set in acres of woodland as well as rooms within the inn. Rustic romantic decor combines wood-burning stoves, paisley rocking-chairs and antique furniture. Very special restaurant and spa located in original 1840s log cabins. An idyllic country retreat. See More
Ritz Carlton Cleveland Cleveland 206 rooms from £464Business meetings - Highly professional team, glamorous venues, on-site catering & top-of-the-range facilities work for business events of all kindsWeddings - Beautiful venues, including Silver Grille that dates from the 1930s, provide a backdrop for large-scale opulent celebrationsCity Style - Bastion of a five star luxury in the heart of the city with top-class facilitiesRestaurant - Expect a sleek & sophisticated dining & bar experience & modern American cuisine at all-day TURN BAR + KITCHEN
Recently renovated, this chic deluxe urban retreat offers contemporary dining, world-class fitness & incredible lake views. A calming grey & blue palette extends to guest rooms & serene Italian marble bathrooms. Expect polished service & your every need met. A plush base for business or leisure. See More