- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Delray Beach
About Delray Beach
Beautiful Delray Beach has been attracting visitors since the railroad chuffed though in 1896. In Delray the clubs and hotels tended to have a fairly liberal approach to prohibition, so it was the perfect getaway for both industrious folk and those whose business was a bit outside of the law. Today’s Delray still has a little of the roguish glamour, with a salt-kissed sophistication and laid-back vibe. Some of the best places to stay in Delray Beach are both beautiful and historic, though all of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Delray Beach also have everything we need for the perfect laid-back, modern city beach holiday.
What Not To Miss
- Experience the natural beauty of Wakodahatchee Wetlands, a lovely tranquil spot teeming with wildlife from birds to alligators.
- Alternatively, for a different, yet fascinating experience visit Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens where visitors can relax, enjoy a meal and learn about life in Japan.
- Or kick back and relax on the vast golden sands of Delray Municipal Beach - ideal for a family day out.
- Atlantic Avenue, one of Delray Beach's main streets, in a must-visit spot with plenty to do from shopping to eating to clubs.
- There's also no shortage of places where you can experience local culture, from various art galleries to a brewery - there's plenty to see and do.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Delray Beach allow visitors to really unwind and enjoy this charming town.
The best places to stay in Delray Beach
For a historic stay
- The Colony Hotel & Cabana Club is a historic, 67 room hotel, just a few blocks from the ocean and painted a cheerful yellow. The charming original features, from the romantic Flagler era of Florida Mediterranean architecture, make this a unique place to stay - though obviously all the conveniences of modern life are present too.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for enjoying the lovely beaches.
- Fly to Palm Beach International Airport located 30km (18.5 miles) from Delray Beach with a wide variety of domestic flights along with links to Canada.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Delray Beach with rail connections to Palm Beach and Miami amongst other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning coastline, for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - the Springtime months from April to May typically provide warm weather, yet with less crowds compared to the summer months.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Delray Beach for you?
Best Hotels in Delray Beach
Colony Hotel & Cabana Club 67 rooms from $150Delray Beach
This cheerfully yellow historic hotel just blocks from the ocean will welcome you in with charm and grace. Original features bring more than a touch of authenticity but the indulgence of modern comfortable living is never forsaken with organic cotton sheets and dreamy beds. Bar, pool, restaurant.Romantic - A prime example of the romantic Flagler era of Florida Mediterranean architecture.Sights nearby - Spady Cultural Heritage Museum is not far from the hotelSwimming Pool - Outdoor saltwater pool