Search the best hotels in Florida Keys
About Florida Keys
There are so many islands making up the Keys that there is a huge range of choice when it comes to choosing the best places to stay in the Florida Keys, from romantic, historic B&Bs to big modern hotels and secluded tropical resorts.
Around 113 islands make up the famously flat, subtropical archipelago, some of them linked by the equally famous Overseas Highway. Eccentric and eclectic Key West, diving mecca Key Largo and Big Pine Key, which is where the Key Deer reside, are probably the best known and where you’ll find many of the best places to stay in the Florida Keys.
Where to stay - which Key?
- Key West - which is just 140kms from Cuba, has the majority of the Key's official attractions, such as the Ernest Hemingway House and Museum, the Key West Art and History Museum and the Audubon House and Tropical Gardens. The island has a truly unique atmosphere with wonderful old Caribbean villas, vibrant bars, bohemian vibe and abundant tropical beauty.
- Nestled amidst a mangrove forest Key Largo is the first key you meet as you leave mainland Florida. This isn’t the most spectacular of Keys at first glance, but dive in - most of this island’s main attractions are below the surface of the water.
- Islamorada is a very pretty stretch where you’ll find a number of the luxury resort type hotels.
- Marathon is about half way between Key Largo and Key West and is the one of the most developed keys. Here you’ll find some of the best places to stay in the Florida Keys for families.
- Beyond these keys, there are the uninhabited islands, often with long stretches of mangrove and empty white beaches with sandbars, protected bright blue waters…
Don't forget that if you want to bag a bed in one of the best places to stay in the Floriday Keys during the busy summer months and peak holiday periods, you'll have to plan ahead and book early.
The Best Places to Stay in the Florida Keys
For Key West
- The Marquesa Hotel is a totally unique property with peaked roofs and charming wooden porches. There are 27 rooms with alluring features like marble baths, hand carved beds and heirloom furnishings. There is also an elegant seafood restaurant and you are within five blocks of the Gulf of Mexico and a short walk from all the major sights.
- The Artist House is a seven bedroom B&B in a historic Victorian mansion in the heart of Key West. The rooms have wonderful original features and breakfast is served on the front porch or in the garden.
- Santa Maria Suites is a luxury resort in a brilliant central location offering stylish accommodation, two outdoor pools and a sophisticated Japanese restaurant.
For Key Largo
- The Coconut Palm Inn is a secluded hotel with just 17 rooms and its own private marina, pool and beach access. The decor is laid back yet elegant and there are plenty of great extras like paddle boards, fishing rods, bikes and kayaks on offer.
- The Paradise Inn on Key West is an adults only B&B with just 18 exquisitely simple rooms, an outdoor jacuzzi and a fountain fed pool. Start an indulgent evening off with the inn's complimentary wine and cheese.
- If it’s a special occasion you might consider Little Palm Island, a tropical beach resort with their own private marina, spa and beach. Enjoy an intimate private dining experience on the beach or on the porch of your own bungalow.
- The Tranquility Bay Resort is a collection of two and three bed beach houses set on the pristine white beaches of Marathon. As well as direct beach access there are three pools, a beach bar, restaurant and loads of activities laid on, including kids diving lessons.
- Casa Morada is another serene beachside retreat with 16 elegant rooms surrounded by lush gardens. Guests have access to the hotel’s private beach as well as the pool with its beach bar.
- The Cheeca Lodge is a large hotel surrounded by 27 acres of gardens beside the private one mile stretch of beach. This is a spa resort with benefits including a private fishing pier, watersports equipment, a tiki bar and a seafood restaurant.
- The Moorings Village and Spa is a collection of 18 private villas nestled amongst the gardens of what was once a coconut plantation. The interiors are beautiful and you have your own private stretch of white sandy beach.
- Hawks Cay Resort is great for all ages and offers a private beach, jet skiing, snorkelling etc. Plus there are three onsite restaurants and a wide range of accommodation.
For a private apartment or villa
- For those looking for some additional privacy, visit our online partner Booking.com to browse their selection of private apartments and villas.
- International flights fly into Miami International Airport or Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, both of which are about an hour's drive from the gateway to the Keys. Florida Keys is also serviced by domestic flights to Key West International Airport.
- For those keen on hiring a car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
- To escape Florida's notorious humidity avoid visiting from June to December. The best time to visit is from March to May when the weather is at its finest and the temperature varies from 24 to 27c.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Florida Keys
- expand your search to include best places to stay in Miami,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Florida Keys
Best Hotels in Florida Keys
Nyah Key West Florida, Florida Keys 35 rooms from £91Less £ - With bunk options, this is a no frills stay, well suited for a fun and good value stayGroups - Flexible rooms sleep upto six, making this ideal for groupsSailing - Sunset sailing outings are arranged by the hotel complete with champagneSwimming Pool - Three outdoor pools
A fun no-frills hotel offering a range of immaculately designed rooms well suited to adult groups. Interiors are completely whitewashed with options of smart doubles or bunk options sleeping up to six. With a series of pools outside and a superb location in the Old Town - this is a great value stay. See More
Parrot Key Hotel & Villas Florida, Florida Keys 148 rooms from £105Families - With family suites and plenty of activities on offer this is an ideal family holiday destinationBeach Life - A tranquil beach escape within Key WestFishing - Deep sea fishing and inshore fishing can be organised by the hotelSwimming Pool - Four outdoor pools
A sprawling resort set on a white-sand beach. Managing to be both fun and filled with activity yet still have a distinctly tranquil feel. Bright spacious rooms are all white-on-white with large terraces offering sea views. There are options for groups or families too. The perfect sunshine escape. See More
The Artist House Key West, Florida Keys 7 rooms from £113Sights nearby - 1.6km from the Ernest Hemingway Museum; Key West Museum of Art and History is 7 minutes’ walk from the propertyLively area - 3 minutes walk from iconic Duval StreetRestrictions on children - Children older than 5 years are welcomeFull of character
An historical bed & breakfast in downtown Key West housed in a restored Victorian mansion with a turret. High-ceilinged rooms retain original character with ornate woodwork and well-appointed furnishings. Complimentary breakfast can be enjoyed in the garden or the front porch. Private outdoor pool. See More
Coconut Palm Inn Key Largo, Florida Keys 19 rooms from £148Kayaking - Groups and individuals can enjoy kayaking around the shallow waters of the island and explore using the hotel's own kayaks.Diving - Scuba diving opens up a world of shimmering tropical fish, strange sea creatures and a stunning underwater landscape.Fishing - Bonefish, redfish, snook and trout, and yellowtail snapper populate the waters around Key Largo.On the beach - The hotel offers guests private access to the beach.
Secluded seaside hotel with private marina, pool and beach access. Charming rooms with light walls, dark wood furniture and nature-inspired art summon up a laid-back elegance. Bicycles, kayaks, paddle boards and fishing poles included. Guests can grill their dinner on the fire pit barbeque outside. See More
Tranquility Bay Resort Marathon, Florida Keys 87 rooms from £152Families - With the opportunity to rent houses, rather than rooms, families can easily be accommodated.Fishing - Fishing charters organised by the concierge service (fish the flats, hit the reef, maybe a wreck, or go offshore)Kids Club - There are age-graded activities for children, including diving lessons, snorkelling and scuba classes.Swimming Pool - Three tropical outdoor swimming pools
Fully-equipped 2 and 3 bed beach-houses set on pristine white sands overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Soothing pastel tones complement light woods and wicker accents. Three swimming pools, beach-side bar, international restaurant, and the chance to enjoy a range of activities, from golf to kayaking. See More
The Gates Hotel Florida, Florida Keys from £155Total relaxation - Step into the island way of life with lazy days spent by the pool or on one of the stunning beaches.Families - A family friendly property complete with designated suites and plenty to keep everyone entertained.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.
A chic Floridian property just steps from the beach. Smart rooms are white on white with light wooden furniture and pops of colour coming from pretty soft furnishings. An enormous pool is made for days lounging under the sun. A lively poolside bar and food truck bring some serious cool. Bliss. See More
Marquesa Hotel Key West, Florida Keys 27 rooms from £164Sights nearby - Five blocks from the Gulf of Mexico and within walking distance of the main tourist sights and museumsLively area - Downtown Key West just a block from the main thoroughfare, Duval StreetRestrictions on children - No children under 14 allowedSwimming Pool - OutdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Historic property in bustling Key West, with whimsical peaked roofs, gingerbread trim and wooden porches. Rooms have marble baths, hand-carved beds and heirloom furnishings. The elegant restaurant "Cafe Marquesa" serves imaginative Neo-American cuisine with an Asian twist and excellent seafood. See More
Cheeca Lodge Islamorada, Florida Keys 214 rooms from £180Fishing - A private fishing 525-foot pier is the perfect spot for guests to try a hand at fishing in the Atlantic Ocean.Sights nearby - Miami Seaquarium is a great day trip for all the family.Kayaking - Kayaks are readily avalaible in the saltwater lagoon.Full of character
Resting in 27 acres of garden along a one-mile private beach, this spa resort offers Atlantic views and a wide range of activities. Rooms are bright and well equipped, the restaurant specialises in seafood and The Tiki Bar overlooks the ocean and pool. Relax at the spa or tone up. See More
Ocean's Edge Hotel & Marina FL, Florida Keys 175 rooms from £187Families - Families are well-catered to at this hotel, with family suites available and lots of child-friendly activitiesBeach Life - Set on the coast in Keys West, Florida, this hotel is perfectly placed for a stress-free beach getawayActive Holiday - A range of watersports are available at the resort, making it a great option for active guestsFishing - Enjoy a family fishing adventure with a hotel package; enquire with your room reservationRecommended by - Tablet
This stylish resort is located by the sea in Key West. Guestrooms have a nautical theme, with a royal blue and crisp white colour palette and seaside-inspired soft furnishings. With six swimming pools and watersports activities available, this resort is perfect for a family beach break. See More
Southernmost House Florida, Florida Keys 18 rooms from £225Romantic Break - An old Victorian house that sings of romance; rooms have four-posters and the property has an exclusive 'hide-away' feelCity Style - Set on the quiet end of Duval Street surrounded by art galleries and high-end eateriesAdult Only - Must be aged over 18 yearsSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A stunning Victorian-era house boasting spectacular sea views and an enviable location on the sophisticated end of Duval street. Romantic rooms are bright and spacious with hardwood floors and four-posters. There's a large pool, breakfast is served, and Key West's main sites are just a stroll away. See More
Casa Morada Florida Keys 16 rooms from £241Views - Some rooms have views of the sea or gardens.On the beach - The hotel has its own private beach areaRestrictions on children - No children under the age of 16Sights nearby - Theatre of the Sea is nearbyRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Serene beachside retreat. Utter comfort, elegant rooms, indulgent accents. Carefully tended grounds include lush gardens, private island and beach access. Swim with dolphins, go snorkelling, recline in a hammock, lounge by the year-round outdoor pool, or enjoy a drink at the beachside bar. See More
Hawks Cay Resort Marathon, Florida Keys 420 rooms from £246Swimming Pool - There are five swimming pools on the resort.Kids Club - Babysitting availableViews - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Tropical resort and spa on a sheltered bay with aquamarine waters and private beach. Go jet skiing, snorkelling, fishing, or swimming with dolphins. Interiors feature comfortable heritage-style furniture. Dine on Latin, Mediterranean or American cuisine in one of the three on-site restaurants. See More
The Paradise Inn Key West, Florida Keys 18 rooms from £249Diving - It is possible to go scuba diving in the waters surrounding the island.Sailing - Go for a sunset sail on the ocean.Restrictions on children - No children under the age of 18Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A tranquil adults-only bed and breakfast with outdoor hot tub and fountain fed pool. The exquisitely simple rooms, painted in calming whites and nudes, are flooded with natural light and furnished with an eye for Floridian refinement. Breakfast and wine and cheese happy hour are included. See More
Ocean Key Resort & Spa Florida, Florida Keys 100 rooms from £272Romantic Break - Spacious suites and a spoiling spa offering couples' treatments - this is an ideal choice for a romantic breakCity Style - Vibrant Floridian style located in Key West's sought after Duval StreetClose to nightlife - Just steps from Duval Street's renowned nightlifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A chic resort set in Key West's most famed nightlife spot (Duval Street). Vibrant suites have a whole lot of character with tropical-inspired colouring, luxury bathrooms and the best have terraces with sea views. There is a fully-fledged spa and three restaurants, one set on a pier. A grown-up stay. See More
The Moorings Village and Spa Florida Keys from £280On the beach - Private beach access to 1,100 ft. of natural white sand beach.Views - Pool, garden and ocean views.Swimming Pool - 25 meter heated lap poolSecluded setting - For escaping.
Eighteen private villas nestled among the lush tropical gardens of a former coconut plantation. Beautifully furnished interiors have views onto the garden, outdoor pool or ocean and come fully equipped with kitchens, flat screen TVs and other necessities. Activities such as kayaking can be arranged. See More
The Perry Hotel Key West Key West, Florida Keys 100 rooms from £318Beach Life - Built right onto a working marina, with direct access to deep sea fishing and diving, plus there is a lush poolSights nearby - There is a free shuttle bus from the hotel into Old Town Key West, make sure to head in and check out the sightsSailing - Hire a yacht and a skipper and spend the day exploring the Florida Keys and soaking up the coastlineFishing - The fishing here is excellent and the concierge can point you to the best tour guides aroundRecommended by - Tablet
A new kind of hotel for Florida Keys, this industrial boathouse style hotel sits right on an active marina on Stock Island. The interiors are all raw steels, concrete, wood and salvage materials, add to this nautical theme sculptures and modern furnishings. There's yummy seafood and drinks too. See More
Santa Maria Suites Resort Key West, Florida Keys from £413Sights nearby - Ten minutes' walk from the Ernest Hemingway house.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor heated poolsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Downtown Key West resort with tropical palm-fringed gardens surrounding two heated outdoor pools. Carefully appointed suites are bright and airy, have private balconies and feature fully equipped kitchens to cook for family and friends. Alternatively, dine in the sophisticated Japanese restaurant. See More
The Gardens Hotel Key West, Florida Keys 20 rooms from £430Romantic Break - The relaxed atmosphere at this adults-only hotel is perfect for a couples' retreat; book a massage for a romantic evening inLocal exploring - With a prime location close to the best bars and restaurants of Key West, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelHideaway - Set in a secret garden in the heart of downtown Key West, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationRestrictions on children - Adults-only hotel
This stylish hotel is set in verdant grounds in Key West, Florida. The beautifully appointed guestrooms have elegant, dark wood furniture and unique artwork. Unwind with a cocktail by the outdoor pool or catch a live jazz session in the hotel gardens. A great hideaway for a romantic couples' break. See More
Sunset Key Cottages Key West, Florida Keys 40 rooms from £616Families - Private cottages, some with their own pools, give the feel of a private family holiday with the convenience of hotel amenitiesBeach Life - Beautiful white sand beaches wrap the tiny island that this resort sits uponRomantic Break - Exclusive and private, the perfect choice for a romantic breakFishing - Charter a deep sea-fishing excursion for the day
A luxurious Key West stay. Set on a private island just minutes from the city but feeling a million miles away! Cottages range from two to four bedrooms and the design throughout has a real country club feel. Complete with a spa, exceptional service, a restaurant and a host of on-site activities. See More
Little Palm Island Florida Keys 28 rooms from £695Weddings - The island and resort is a magical location for an elegant and enchanting destination weddingRomantic - Seriously romantic with muslin draped beds, roll top bath tubs and glorious ocean viewsDiving - Looe Key Reef Dive Center is 2.1 km from the resort.Remote - The resort can only be reached by seaplane or boatRecommended by - Tablet
This tropical resort with beach, salon, spa, private marina, yoga and outdoor pool is the ultimate in beachside romance. Dine in the dining room or request a more intimate affair on the beach or in your bungalow. Swim with dolphins, learn to scuba dive, or simply watch the sunset from your porch. See More
Bungalows Key Largo Florida Keys 130 rooms from £936Beach Life - Luxury accommodation set in a waterfront locationFull board - The price quoted is on an all inclusive basis and also includes many acitivities.Sailing - Sip cocktails on the daily yacht outingRestrictions on children - Adults only resort (aged 21 an over)
A collection of luxury bungalows set in a waterfront location on the Florida Keys. All white-on-white rooms feature private terraces (the best of which have their own hot tubs). Daily yoga classes are held on the private beach and there's an expansive spa to be truly pampered. See More