Search the best hotels in Key West
About Key West
Florida’s southernmost point, captivating Key West is a gorgeous island escape for romantic honeymooners and water sports enthusiasts keen to revel in discovering impressive reefs and crystal-clear waters. Filled with fascinating historic architecture as well as delectable food, Key West features a tremendous array of accommodation options — from simple B&Bs to striking luxury resorts. Our selection of the best places to stay in Key West includes cosy B&Bs in charming conch-style houses, elegant seaside resorts with activities for the whole family, and intimate hideaways ensuring tranquil tropical bliss.
Perched at the meeting point of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Key West’s natural wonders abound. Try diving and snorkelling on the reef, go sailing out on the water, kayak amidst the mangroves or take a guided cycling tour through the Old Town. Key West’s picturesque streets are lined with traditional conch-style houses, a design attributed to nineteenth-century Bahamian immigrants. Many of these brightly-painted gabled houses have clapboard siding and pretty wooden verandas, giving Key West a languid, classically Caribbean air. Some are now intimate boutique hotels or family-run B&Bs, ideal for a nostalgic retreat.
Visit the Museum of Art & History at the Custom House, admire Hemingway House, and take the whole family to marvel at the parakeets in Nancy Forrester’s Secret Garden. The Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Centre gives a detailed insight into the surrounding marine environment, whilst sunsets at Mallory Square have a funky festival feel. The edgiest and most eclectic of the islands in the Florida Keys, Key West also boasts excellent nightlife, centred on Duval Street. There are clubs, bars and restaurants aplenty — brilliant for a lively night out with friends or as a couple.
Whether you’re dreaming of a picture-perfect family holiday, an enchanting honeymoon in a classic conch-style villa, or partying on an island with friends, the best places to stay in Key West promise a well-deserved dose of sun, sea and sand, with fantastic food and heaps of intriguing culture to top things off!
The Best Places to Stay in Key West
For a Seaside Stay
- Parrot Key Hotel & Villas is an extensive Key West classic, with spellbinding seaside views from recently refreshed bedrooms and pretty, white-painted verandas surrounded by palm trees. Stay here for myriad beach and sea activities, fabulous food and crisp, cream and blue interiors. The three-bedroom villas are fantastic for families or groups! Kick back in a hammock and soak up the sunshine.
- Ocean's Edge Hotel & Marina is a stylish nautically-themed resort overlooking the marina. With six swimming pools, heaps of watersports -- including kayaking and snorkeling -- this is a top-notch family base. Sea-facing rooms feature fantastic views, and the royal blue-and-white palette is very chic. A hip seaside choice.
- The Perry Hotel Key West is a seriously cool boathouse-style hotel, showcasing natural materials -- wood, steel and concrete -- to create airy open spaces and a chic, industrial vibe. Set on nearby Stock Island, the property is a watersports haven, with spectacular views from generously-proportioned minimalist rooms and suites. The superb seafood tops it all off! Retro fun for grown-ups or families.
- Southernmost House is a brightly-painted Victorian house perched right on the coast. Admire striking sea views from the elegant bedrooms and sink into opulent four-poster beds after big nights out on trendy Duval Street. A sophisticated seaside B&B with a lively buzz.
- The Gardens Hotel is a romantic old-school spot, with twenty bedrooms set amidst lush gardens. Smart, grown-up rooms feature big beds and antique furnishings, whilst there are cocktails to savour by the outdoor pool, and live jazz events in the gardens. A charming adults-only hotel, well-placed for exploring downtown Key West.
- Marquesa Hotel is a classic Key West hotel in a collection of peak-roofed houses with lovely, white-painted verandahs and light blue clapboard siding. The appealing rooms and suites are scattered between the main house and a chic new addition, which includes three pools. The elegant Marquesa restaurant is a real highlight! Pick this place for a relaxed feel and period touches.
- Ocean Key West Resort & Spa offers romantic indulgence in spacious suites with splashes of green and blue patterns, as well as a soothing spa. Enjoy rejuvenating couples' treatments, savour delicious dishes in three restaurants and gaze out over the sea from the outdoor pool and loungers. A funky seaside resort for couples.
- Sunset Key Cottages boast bright two to four-bedroom cottages with blue-and-white interiors and a chic, laid-back feel. Great for families, the hotel has excellent facilities -- including watersports aplenty and a spa -- and is perched on a striking beach, ideal for sandcastles, strolls and swimming.
- Santa Maria Suites Resort is a modern downtown spot, with two-bedroom suites featuring ultra-modern design, self-catering facilities and private terraces. Unwind beside one of two outdoor pools, dine on fresh seafood at the onsite Japanese restaurant, or discover the centre of Key West. One for families or groups keen for the flexibility of cooking for themselves in smart, contemporary surroundings.
- The Gates Hotel is a sophisticated escape just steps from the coast, with a fresh, contemporary feel and plenty of family or group-friendly options in large bedrooms with verdant garden views.The relaxed eateries offer excellent seafood and electic cocktails, there are bikes available to cycle around town, plus an extensive pool and garden area. The food truck is also fun for a lunchtime bite! A luxurious family-friendly choice.
For a B&B
- The Paradise Inn is a tranquil adults-only B&B, featuring a soothing cream-and-white palette in eighteen airy rooms and suites. Expect hearty breakfasts and the brilliant addition of a wine and cheese happy hour. One for romantic couples in search of quiet Floridian refinement.
- The Conch House offers ten elegant bedrooms in a beautiful conch-style house with wooden verandahs and green-painted shutters. The vibe is classic and coastal, with pops of tropical colour in the bedrooms and an inviting pool surrounded by lush palm trees. Close to the Key West Historic Seaport, this is a lovely base for scenic strolls and beach days.
- The Mermaid and the Alligator is an intimate choice, filled with quirky design touches and a bold tropical vibe. Expect leafy patterns and prints, cosy four-poster beds, and a pretty poolside area for sunny breakfasts or candlelit evening drinks. Funky, romantic and characterful.
- The Artist House is a historic B&B which features seven period rooms in a charming Victorian house with a whimsical turret. Pick this place for the classic setting, attractive high ceilings and the outdoor pool. Three minutes from lively Duval Street and many heritage sites, this is a great choice for on-foot explorations.
For great value
- Nyah Key West is a fun, no-frills hotel with double bedrooms, bunk beds and rooms for up to six people -- perfect for families of groups of friends looking for a simple Old Town stay. Interiors are bright and airy, the location is great for Key West rambles, and the outdoor pools are a wonderful place to chill out. Excellent value!
For an apartment or holiday villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- There are regular international flights to Key West Airport. Hop into a taxi from there, or arrange an airport pickup with your hotel.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car. The drive through the Florida Keys is one of the US's iconic road trips!
- Travel between December and mid-April for the best weather -- though this is also peak season! If you're keen to avoid the crowds and make the most of hotel offers, time your trip for May or June.
STILL NOT SURE?
Best Hotels in Key West
Nyah Key West Florida, Key West 35 rooms from £91Less £ - With bunk options, this is a no frills stay, well suited for a fun and good value stayGroups - Flexible rooms sleep upto six, making this ideal for groupsSailing - Sunset sailing outings are arranged by the hotel complete with champagneSwimming Pool - Three outdoor pools
A fun no-frills hotel offering a range of immaculately designed rooms well suited to adult groups. Interiors are completely whitewashed with options of smart doubles or bunk options sleeping up to six. With a series of pools outside and a superb location in the Old Town - this is a great value stay. See More
Parrot Key Hotel & Villas Florida, Key West 148 rooms from £105Families - With family suites and plenty of activities on offer this is an ideal family holiday destinationBeach Life - A tranquil beach escape within Key WestFishing - Deep sea fishing and inshore fishing can be organised by the hotelSwimming Pool - Four outdoor pools
A sprawling resort set on a white-sand beach. Managing to be both fun and filled with activity yet still have a distinctly tranquil feel. Bright spacious rooms are all white-on-white with large terraces offering sea views. There are options for groups or families too. The perfect sunshine escape. See More
The Artist House Key West 7 rooms from £113Sights nearby - 1.6km from the Ernest Hemingway Museum; Key West Museum of Art and History is 7 minutes’ walk from the propertyLively area - 3 minutes walk from iconic Duval StreetRestrictions on children - Children older than 5 years are welcomeRomantic - Good for couples.
An historical bed & breakfast in downtown Key West housed in a restored Victorian mansion with a turret. High-ceilinged rooms retain original character with ornate woodwork and well-appointed furnishings. Complimentary breakfast can be enjoyed in the garden or the front porch. Private outdoor pool. See More
The Gates Hotel Florida, Key West from £155Total relaxation - Step into the island way of life with lazy days spent by the pool or on one of the stunning beaches.Families - A family friendly property complete with designated suites and plenty to keep everyone entertained.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.
A chic Floridian property just steps from the beach. Smart rooms are white on white with light wooden furniture and pops of colour coming from pretty soft furnishings. An enormous pool is made for days lounging under the sun. A lively poolside bar and food truck bring some serious cool. Bliss. See More
Marquesa Hotel Key West 27 rooms from £164Sights nearby - Five blocks from the Gulf of Mexico and within walking distance of the main tourist sights and museumsLively area - Downtown Key West just a block from the main thoroughfare, Duval StreetRestrictions on children - No children under 14 allowedSwimming Pool - OutdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Historic property in bustling Key West, with whimsical peaked roofs, gingerbread trim and wooden porches. Rooms have marble baths, hand-carved beds and heirloom furnishings. The elegant restaurant "Cafe Marquesa" serves imaginative Neo-American cuisine with an Asian twist and excellent seafood. See More
The Marker Key West Key West 96 rooms from £167Luxury - A luxurious ocean front property set in 2-acres of lush grounds complete with three pools, indulgent suites and elevated diningActive Holiday - Key West is all about the ocean - spend days trying your hand at watersports, sailing, diving or snorkellingDiving - Key West is surrounded by beautiful coral reefs - perfect for divingSwimming Pool - Three outdoor pools
An elegant luxury hotel on Key West's waterfront. Set in verdant gardens, the conch-inspired house feels traditional on the outside but interiors are chic, minimalist, and contemporary. With three pools, a hip outdoor cocktail bar and excellent restaurant, this is a sophisticated stay. See More
Ocean's Edge Hotel & Marina FL, Key West 175 rooms from £187Families - Families are well-catered to at this hotel, with family suites available and lots of child-friendly activitiesBeach Life - Set on the coast in Keys West, Florida, this hotel is perfectly placed for a stress-free beach getawayActive Holiday - A range of watersports are available at the resort, making it a great option for active guestsFishing - Enjoy a family fishing adventure with a hotel package; enquire with your room reservationRecommended by - Tablet
This stylish resort is located by the sea in Key West. Guestrooms have a nautical theme, with a royal blue and crisp white colour palette and seaside-inspired soft furnishings. With six swimming pools and watersports activities available, this resort is perfect for a family beach break. See More
The Mermaid and The Alligator Key West 9 rooms from £209Romantic Break - Plan a special weekend away with a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries on arrivalLocal exploring - The shops, galleries, and restaurants of Duval Street are just three streets awayBeach Life - With bicycles to rent, spend an entire day exploring the beaches of Key WestAdult Only
An elegant and intimate B&B in Key West. Rooms are spacious and stylish with tropical decor, four-poster beds, angled bay windows and luxury linens. Enjoy a homemade breakfast on the lush and tropical terrace. On hot days, relax by the pool or grab a bicycle and explore the beaches of Key West. See More
The Conch House Heritage Inn Key West 10 rooms from £209Local exploring - The B&B is minutes away from the Key West Historic Seaport, best sightseeing, beaches, water sports and restaurantsFishing - Spend a day on a charter deep sea fishing boatAdult OnlySeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A tropical and elegant inn situated in Old Town Florida Keys. Rooms are classical and coastal with ceiling fans, traditional antique furnishings, artworks and large bathrooms with walk-in showers. Enjoy a delicious breakfast poolside with fresh-squeezed juices and champagne mimosas. A perfect stay. See More
Southernmost House Florida, Key West 18 rooms from £225Romantic Break - An old Victorian house that sings of romance; rooms have four-posters and the property has an exclusive 'hide-away' feelCity Style - Set on the quiet end of Duval Street surrounded by art galleries and high-end eateriesAdult Only - Must be aged over 18 yearsSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A stunning Victorian-era house boasting spectacular sea views and an enviable location on the sophisticated end of Duval street. Romantic rooms are bright and spacious with hardwood floors and four-posters. There's a large pool, breakfast is served, and Key West's main sites are just a stroll away. See More
The Paradise Inn Key West 18 rooms from £249Diving - It is possible to go scuba diving in the waters surrounding the island.Sailing - Go for a sunset sail on the ocean.Restrictions on children - No children under the age of 18Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A tranquil adults-only bed and breakfast with outdoor hot tub and fountain fed pool. The exquisitely simple rooms, painted in calming whites and nudes, are flooded with natural light and furnished with an eye for Floridian refinement. Breakfast and wine and cheese happy hour are included. See More
Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages Key West 6 rooms from £252Local exploring - There is so much to do here: spend lazy days at the beach or diving or sailing or exploring historical sites - the list goes on!Sailing - Take a romantic sunset cruiseSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A charming conch-house set amidst leafy palms in Key West. Small but beautifully styled rooms take outdoor's scenes inside with palm printed fabrics and natural hues. Quaint touches include 'the happiest happy hour in town', fresh pastries, and complimentary snacks all-day. A convivial stay. See More
Ocean Key Resort & Spa Florida, Key West 100 rooms from £272Romantic Break - Spacious suites and a spoiling spa offering couples' treatments - this is an ideal choice for a romantic breakCity Style - Vibrant Floridian style located in Key West's sought after Duval StreetClose to nightlife - Just steps from Duval Street's renowned nightlifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A chic resort set in Key West's most famed nightlife spot (Duval Street). Vibrant suites have a whole lot of character with tropical-inspired colouring, luxury bathrooms and the best have terraces with sea views. There is a fully-fledged spa and three restaurants, one set on a pier. A grown-up stay. See More
Pier House Resort & Spa Key West 142 rooms from £296Spa breaks - The Spa at Pier House is Key West's only full-service spa offering a wide range of facials, wraps and massagesActive Holiday - Key West is renowned for its watersports from parasailing to jetskiing as well as diving in the coral reefsWhirlpool Bathtub - Book the Presidential Suite for a whirlpool tubSpa - A full-service spa with 10 treatment rooms
A luxury hotel and spa located right on the ocean in Key West. Spacious rooms are simply styled with floor-to-ceiling windows, antique-style furniture, and crisp white linen. Boasting Key West's only full-service spa and a romantic seaside restaurant - this is a great choice for a couples' escape. See More
The Perry Hotel Key West Key West 100 rooms from £318Beach Life - Built right onto a working marina, with direct access to deep sea fishing and diving, plus there is a lush poolSights nearby - There is a free shuttle bus from the hotel into Old Town Key West, make sure to head in and check out the sightsSailing - Hire a yacht and a skipper and spend the day exploring the Florida Keys and soaking up the coastlineFishing - The fishing here is excellent and the concierge can point you to the best tour guides aroundRecommended by - Tablet
A new kind of hotel for Florida Keys, this industrial boathouse style hotel sits right on an active marina on Stock Island. The interiors are all raw steels, concrete, wood and salvage materials, add to this nautical theme sculptures and modern furnishings. There's yummy seafood and drinks too. See More
Santa Maria Suites Resort Key West from £413Sights nearby - Ten minutes' walk from the Ernest Hemingway house.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor heated poolsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Downtown Key West resort with tropical palm-fringed gardens surrounding two heated outdoor pools. Carefully appointed suites are bright and airy, have private balconies and feature fully equipped kitchens to cook for family and friends. Alternatively, dine in the sophisticated Japanese restaurant. See More
The Gardens Hotel Key West 20 rooms from £430Romantic Break - The relaxed atmosphere at this adults-only hotel is perfect for a couples' retreat; book a massage for a romantic evening inLocal exploring - With a prime location close to the best bars and restaurants of Key West, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelHideaway - Set in a secret garden in the heart of downtown Key West, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationRestrictions on children - Adults-only hotel
This stylish hotel is set in verdant grounds in Key West, Florida. The beautifully appointed guestrooms have elegant, dark wood furniture and unique artwork. Unwind with a cocktail by the outdoor pool or catch a live jazz session in the hotel gardens. A great hideaway for a romantic couples' break. See More
Sunset Key Cottages Key West 40 rooms from £616Families - Private cottages, some with their own pools, give the feel of a private family holiday with the convenience of hotel amenitiesBeach Life - Beautiful white sand beaches wrap the tiny island that this resort sits uponRomantic Break - Exclusive and private, the perfect choice for a romantic breakFishing - Charter a deep sea-fishing excursion for the day
A luxurious Key West stay. Set on a private island just minutes from the city but feeling a million miles away! Cottages range from two to four bedrooms and the design throughout has a real country club feel. Complete with a spa, exceptional service, a restaurant and a host of on-site activities. See More