Search the best hotels in Jackson Hole
About Jackson Hole
Jackson Hole is a vast valley at the foot of the Tetons. It’s a well known ski resort, an adventure sports playground, an outpost of the old west, and very close to the edges of both the Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park. Many of the best places to stay in Jackson Hole are in Jackson, a mecca for anyone who loves mountain adventures.
Hiding in a verdant valley, Jackson is the closest town in Jackson Hole, a lively place known for its celebrity second homes and a cultural life way beyond its population. Its Centre for Arts attracts big names, there’s a wonderful Museum of Wildlife Art and a huge selection of restaurants with lots of choice. And there’s plenty of buzz if that’s what you’re looking for.
Jackson looks like other Wyoming towns, only prettier, with lots of wood, and numerous saloons, but these days you’ll probably find more skiiers and climbers than cowboys — but you will still see cowboys. Jackson is a great hub for adventurous sports, and the great outdoors; come and ride horses, go rafting, hike, bike...it’s all here and more.
Don't forget that as with any popular resort town, the best places to stay in Jackson Hole fill up quickly. So if you're planning a trip in high season, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Jackson Hole
For a Rustic Retreat
- Just outside Jackson, the Rustic Inn is a collection of 156 boutique cabin and rooms surrounded by 12 acres of lush gardens. Designed to be hip, but also relaxing, the Rustic Inn is known for its elaborate breakfasts and cosy cabins. its size means that it’s got great facilities too, like a substantial spa and a pool and deck area, and the views are spectacular.
- The Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa in Jackson is a luxury spa lodge with mountain views. There are just 31 rooms and suites, and all of them are large and comfortably decorated, and there’s an excellent restaurant known for its extensive bar and locally sourced produce. This is a wonderfully romantic lodge escape.
For all out luxury
- The Amangani is the hotel closest to Jackson Hole, overlooking the valley from the lip. So its 40 rooms and suites have incredible views. The decor is elegant, with Asian inspired minimalism which includes slate bathrooms, welcoming fireplaces and private balconies. There’s a bar and restaurant, two pool, a library and a spa.
- The Wort in Jackson is a luxurious hotel with 59 large, comfortable rooms and a well known bar and grill. The Tudor revival meets rustic Art Deco decor is something a bit special, and its bare and grill is a popular spot known for its local game and produce. This is one of the best places to stay in Jackson Hole for couples.
- The Hotel Jackson is a boutique hotel with 55 beautifully decorated rooms and suites, in a kind of Scandinavian rustic chic style. The location, in the heart of Jackson, just steps from the central square, is an easy spot for seeing the sights and enjoying the best the town has to offer of an evening. The hotel has its own Lebanese-Mediterranean restaurant too, which has become a popular choice for foodies.
For great value
- The Anvil Hotel is a stylishly simple hotel in a central Jackson location. There are 49 rooms and suites, stylishly decorated with brass bedsteads, traditional wool throws and wood flooring, set against a tasteful colour scheme. The restaurant is stylish too, and also great value.
Prefer an apartment or cabin?
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for enjoying the great outdoors.
- Most visitors fly into Jackson Hole Airport, which is 14km from the town of Jackson. This isn’t an international airport, but it is well connected to other US airports.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- January and February are the best months to ski Jackson Hole, but December is when the region gets the most snowfall, and there’s still regularly snowfall into April, so the ski season is long here, especially at the higher altitudes. There are plenty of reasons to visit Jackson Hole in the summer too, the scenery is still stupendous, and as well as hiking, biking, and kayaking, Jackson Hole is also a popular fishing destination.
Still not sure?
- You might want to expand your search to include the best places to stay in Teton Village
- Or you could consider our Guru's recommendations for 7 of the best hotels for Grand Teton National Park or 10 of the best hotels near Yellowstone National Park.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Best Hotels in Jackson Hole
Anvil Hotel Jackson Hole (Wyoming) 49 rooms from £84Local exploring - Anvil Hotel is the perfect base from which to explore the quaint town of JacksonSights nearby - Be sure to enjoy a ride on the Bridger Gondola or Teewinot Chairlift and enjoy the wonderful views!Great walks - If you're visiting over the summer months then explore all of the area's hiking trailsRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Anvil Hotel is located in Jackson, 10 minutes from Grand Teton National Park. The property provides chic accommodation with a classic feel with plenty of muted tones as well as a mixture of wooden and metal features. Scrumptious meals served in the the Glorietta restaurant. A quaint rural retreat! See More
Rustic Inn Jackson Hole (Wyoming) 156 rooms from £125Great walks - Ecplore the Flat Creek Preserve and Wetlands WalkOpulentLively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotel
Outdoor enthusiasts will love this boutique set in 12 acres of lush garden. Cabins offer a cosy, comfortable base for summer and winter activities with stunning views. Breakfast is an elaborate affair, and casual dinner is a great way to unwind with a glass of wine. Idyllic, comfortable relaxation. See More
The Wort Jackson Hole (Wyoming) 59 rooms from £200Fishing - Fly fishing is brilliant in the region in the summer months.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelOpulent
Tudor revival with rustic interiors, this luxury hotel offers comfort, convenience and adventure. Large, comfortable rooms with bathroom and mod-cons. Silver Dollar Bar and Grill is popular in town and serves local game and produce. Steps away from the historic town and the mountains - perfect spot! See More
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa Jackson Hole (Wyoming) 31 rooms from £232Kayaking - Great way to pass a summer afternoon in Jackson Hole.Fishing - Fly fishing on blue ribbon trout streamsBack to Nature - Beautiful setting.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury lodge has a spa, spectacular mountain views and prime location for nature. The large, comfortable rooms come with modern bathrooms. Wild Sage is renowned in the region for its local ingredients and flavours, enjoyed with an extensive bar selection. Snow or sun-ideal stay for activities. See More
Hotel Jackson Jackson Hole (Jackson) 55 rooms from £539Romantic Break - With beautifully-appointed suites, attentive staff and an unbeatable location, book this hotel for a romantic getawayActive Holiday - Set in the heart of Jackson Hole, this hotel is ideally placed to hit the slopes!Foodies - Foodies will love the hotel's refreshing Mediterranean-Lebanese restaurant, FigsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
This boutique hotel is located in the heart of Jackson Hole, steps from the town square. Interiors showcase a modern take on western design, privileging local materials like natural stone and reclaimed barn wood. An innovative Lebanese-Mediterranean restaurant is a real draw. See More
Amangani Jackson Hole (Wyoming) 40 rooms from £585Rooms with balcony/terraceSpa - Offering deep tissue massage or Himalayan salt scrub.Fishing - Snake River for trout fishing.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
This luxury hotel overlooks Jackson Hole. Room with a view, welcoming fireplace, private balcony, slate bathrooms and all finished off with a touch of Asian minimalism. The Grill restaurant offers organic Western dishes, Zinc-Top Bar for drinks. Two pools, library and the best skiing in the Rockies! See More