- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport is an atmospheric little port town close to some of Maine’s most beautiful beaches. Its combination of historic charm and natural beauty makes this a popular destination all year round, which also means it can be a fairly expensive place to visit. But most of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Kennebunkport are priced at around £100 per night, so they’re also ideal for those on a budget. The best places tend to be within strolling distance of Dock Square, which is where you’ll find many of the best cafes, restaurants, art galleries and boutiques. But there are also some picturesque, smaller B&Bs and converted houses on the outskirts of town.
What Not To Miss
- Kennebunkport is a great place for sailing, whale watching, cycling and strolling. Everything here is done peacefully and at a leisurely pace.
- The other thing Kennebunkport is known for is being popular with the Bush family of presidential fame. They’ve a compound here on Walkers Point.
- Enjoy a tranquil moment at Saint Ann's Church with a charming seating area overlooking the ocean. The interior is also lovely with an assortment of stained glass windows and historic stonework.
- Drive the stunning Ocean Avenue route - unsurprisingly providing visitors with dramatic views of the ocean in one direction and a collection of impressive houses worth seeing in their own right on the other.
- Kick back and relax on Kennebunk beach with no shortage of golden sand for visitors to soak up the sun on.
If you want to be sure of a room in one of the best places to stay in Kennebunkport, do yourself a favour and plan well ahead. Alternatively come during the quieter months, when you'll be able to really enjoy the small town atmosphere without the crowds.
The best places to stay in Kennebunkport
- The Captain Fairfield Inn is a charming old home in the heart of the maritime Kennebunkport which has been artistically converted into a very reasonably priced nine room hotel. The decor is bold and there’s a beautiful garden.
- The Inn at English Meadows is a luxurious B&B with 11, immaculate bedrooms. You’re just a short stroll from the main square with its charming boutiques and restaurants.
- Grace White Barn Inn is a converted barn house, close to the Kennebunk River with lovely views and 26 rustic, traditional rooms. There’s also a brilliant restaurant and an excellent spa.
- Tides Beach Club is an adults only property just out of town. Rooms are super stylish and the restaurant serves gourmet seafood.
- Hidden Pond is a luxurious rural retreat with romance written all over it. Accommodation is in New England style cottages, plus there's a Tree Spa and farm to fork outdoor dining.
For excellent value
- Breakwater Inn & Spa offers stylish nautically themed rooms at great prices, from just $149 per night.
- The Beach House Inn is one of the town's oldest establishments, and now offers Victorian charm accompanied by all mod cons and all from just $109 per night.
- The Colony Hotel enjoys a fabulous location overlooking both ocean and river. There's lovely gardens leading down to its private beach and a wealth of activities for all ages.
For a luxury B&B
- Captain Jefferds Inn is located right in the centre of town. It's a gorgeous period property with four poster beds, flower filled garden and a three course breakfast!
- Captain Lord Mansion is another great option if luxury B&B is what you're after. There are four poster beds, opulent furnishings and gourmet breakfast is included in the price.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties perfect for a relaxing escape.
- Fly to Portland International Jetport located 40km (25 miles) from Kennebunkport with a range of flights across the U.S and Internationally to Canada.
- Alternatively, catch a train with Amtrak rail links to Boston.
- If you want to rent a car to explore some of the scenic drives and coastal routes - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the Summer from June to August for pleasant temperatures and a bustling atmosphere in the town.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Kennebunkport
The Beach House Inn 34 rooms from £99Kennebunkport (Kennebunk)
Dating back to 1891, The Beach House is one of the oldest Bed & Breakfast, oceanfront hotels in Maine. The seaview bedrooms are light, crisp and elegant. The house maintains its original Victorian charm, while providing all modern conveniences. The perfect New England getaway!Great walks - From woods and wetlands or seashore beaches and rugged coastlines, the Kennebunk, Maine area has it all.Sights nearby - Maine Maritime Museum, Kennebunkport Brick Store Museum, Kennebunkport Trolley Museum.Sailing - Soak up the sun and salt air on our daily sailing excursions.Surfing - Nearby Gooch Beach is renowned for surfing.
Breakwater Inn & Spa 35 rooms from £114Kennebunkport
This 19th century boutique Inn maintains its New England coastal style. The rooms are plush to say the least and follow a crisp blue and white nautical theme. Pamper yourself in the spa, or sit on the deck, glass of wine in hand, and admire uninterrupted views of the Atlantic. Total relaxation!Sights nearby - Kennebunkport and the Maine Coast abound with many fine art galleries, featuring local and world-renowned artists.Fishing - Pull up a few lobster traps and learn what a real lobsterman does on the Kylie's Chance Lobster Tour.Local markets - The village of Kennebunkport offers a multitude of fine shops selling locally made products.Kayaking - Take an exciting three-hour guided kayak tour to Porpoise Point with Coastal Maine Kayak.
Captain Fairfield Inn 9 rooms from £122Kennebunkport
Historic home in maritime Kennebunkport that has been artistically renovated. The rooms feature bold colours and patterns, striking wallpaper and modern furnishings. There is a beautifully manicured garden with outdoor lounge and firepit, and it is located close to some of Maine's best beaches.Active Holiday - Explore the town on foot, trek along the 50-mile coastline that is a National Wildlife Refuge, or kayak down the Kennebunk riverBeach Life - The beaches in Kennebunkport are some of the best in MaineCountry EscapeBack to NatureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Colony Hotel 125 rooms from £127Kennebunkport
A picturesque family friendly hotel overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and Kennebunk River. Private beach, expansive lawns and gardens, large outdoor pool. Endless activities from surfing and kayaking to berry picking. Ideal for both a relaxing and active retreat in beautiful surroundings.Sights nearby - Visit nearby museums, theatres, lighthouses, the lobster tour, the trolley tour...Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor saltwater poolLocal markets - Weekly farmers' marketLively area - In the thick of the action.
The Inn at English Meadows 11 rooms from £137Kennebunkport (Maine)
Luxury bed and breakfast in a fine New England house. Bedrooms are immaculately decorated in a contemporary style with large beds and fine linens. The Inn feels homely and intimate and is just a short walk to the Dock Square, Kennebunkport - which has a number of restaurants and small shops.Sights nearby - Within walking distance of Kennebunkport Village with its many historic propertiesBirdwatching - Rachel Carson National Wildlife RefugeLocal markets - Dock SquareGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Captain Jefferds Inn 15 rooms from £160Kennebunkport
This cosy B&B, in the heart of Kennebunkport, is steeped in local history. A former Captain's house with antique furnishings, contemporary comfort and style. You'll be truly spoilt with a fabulous breakfast and any number of pointers for a great day out.Great walks - Explore the salt marshes and estuaries of Rachel Carson National Wildlife RefugeSights nearby - Take a tour of Wood Island Lighthouse.OpulentFull of character
Tides Beach Club 21 rooms from £160Kennebunkport
A luxurious boutique hotel. Ideal for seaside relaxation in style. Stellar ocean views onto Goose Rock Beach, and a vibrant bar & dining. Smart, charming rooms with plush furniture and marble bathrooms. Stargazing, bonfires, kayaking, cycling, paddle-boarding. An idyllic beach resort.Back to Nature - Explore salt marshes and esturies on the Nature Walks - home to coastal birds, crabs, and other marine lifeSights nearby - Dock square is just a fifteen minute drive away, full of art galleries and world class diningKayaking - $25.00 per person, per hour (the same for paddleboarding)Restrictions on children - Adults only propertyRecommended by - Tablet
Captain Lord Mansion 20 rooms from £165Kennebunkport
This historic B&B is decorated in the most opulent fashion; fourposter beds, antique furnishings, plush linens, exuberant wallpapers as well as every modern comfort. Prepare for the ultimate indulgent getaway with spa facilities, an extensive wine cellar and lavish three course breakfast!Kayaking - Rent a kayak to explore the harbour, coastal inlets, islands and rivers near our southern Maine Coast Inn.Fishing - Charter boats are available for deep-sea trips to search for blues, stripers, tuna and grouper.Sailing - Book passage on either a classic style schooner or a modern sailboat.Spa - On-site professional spa facilities.
Hidden Pond 36 rooms from £190Kennebunkport (Maine)
Rural New England cottages in stunning forest land with kitchen, roaring fires, private balconies and outdoor rain showers. Rooms are modern and comfortable, quiet and intimate. Earth offers farm-to-fork outdoor dining. The Tree Spa has a range of treatments and back to nature activities for all.Kayaking - Paddle boarding and kayaking on Goose Rocks Beach.Great walks - Nature Walks on the Hidden Pond Nature Trail.Back to NatureFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Grace White Barn Inn 26 rooms from £223Kennebunkport
Charming inn on the Kennebunk River, an area famed for picturesque landscapes, close to some of Maine's best beaches. The rooms are rustic and traditional, many with fireplaces and marble bathrooms with whirlpool tubs. The 140-year-old barn houses a brilliant restaurant, and the spa is excellent.Back to Nature - In an area famed for beautiful landscapes, the estate sits on the Kennebunk River minutes from some of Maine's best beachesActive Holiday - Kennebunkport is ideal for hikers, swimmers and those wanting to fish, canoe, horse-ride or paddleboardCountry EscapeTotal relaxationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Relais & Chateaux