Search the best hotels in Kennebunkport
An atmospheric little port town close to some of Maine’s most beautiful beaches, Kennebunkport is a charming destination for a holiday as a couple, or with family and friends. With everything from chic eateries to a plethora of outdoor activities on the Kennebunkport River and the Atlantic Ocean, the area really does offer something for everyone. Accommodation options range from cosy B&Bs to swish beach clubs with heaps of facilities, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. A favourite seaside hangout since the 1870s, this stretch of Maine has gained a reputation for exclusivity, but many of the best places to stay in Kennebunkport are more affordable than visitors might expect.
Life in town centres around Dock Square and the port. You’ll find an array of wonderful seafood eateries, chic independent boutiques, art galleries and pretty heritage homes to admire. Take a guided walking tour or pop into Saint Ann’s Church, St Anthony’s Monastery, President Bush Compound and the First Families Kennebunkport Museum for a sense of the town’s history. You’ll find regular exhibitions, festivals and events taking place during the spring and summer months, too.
Head to Kennebunkport Beach, Walker’s Point or Goose Rocks Beach to see the Atlantic Ocean waves meeting the rocky shoreline. The Ocean Avenue drive is spectacular. Unwind on lovely beaches, take long sandy strolls or head out on the water to sail, kayak, paddle board, fish or swim. Inland, the countryside is criss-crossed with hiking and cycling trails, with great spots to play golf, spot wildlife or simply relax. Some of the best places to stay in Kennebunkport also offer a plethora of child-friendly activities, making this a very special family holiday destination.
The Best Places to Stay in Kennebunkport
For Waterfront Chic
- Tides Beach Club is a chic Kennebunkport beach pick, complete with quirky boutique rooms and a vibrant restaurant-bar. Expect beautiful views of Goose Rock Beach, and easy access to the salt marches of the river estuary, which abound with coastal birds, crabs, and other marine life. A stylish seaside escape.
- Yachtsman Hotel & Marina Club promises a brilliant waterfront stay with a marina, floating barge pool and swish, river-facing rooms. Guests have access to bikes and kayaks, and the vibe is friendly and sociable. Perfect for sailors or active families. Very cool.
- The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel is conveniently located on the port, with panoramic views of the water from appealing guestrooms and an outdoor deck. The 25 stylish rooms and suites are bright and beautiful, making this a fun spot for couples, families or friends. Sailors will adore the idyllic setting.
For a Cosy B&B
- The Beach House Inn promises some of the best seaside views in town. A pretty Victorian building with a wrap-around porch, the inn has lovely old-fashioned guestrooms, and serves delicious breakfasts, afternoon teas and evening cheese boards. A fantastic B&B choice for couples, friends or families.
- The Inn at English Meadows is a luxurious B&B with 11 immaculate bedrooms and fabulous three-course breakfasts. You’re only a short stroll from the Dock Square's charming boutiques and restaurants.
- 1802 House has just six traditional rooms, with mahogany four-posters and whirlpool tubs. Organic three-course breakfasts are the perfect way to start the day. Cosy and intimate, particularly well-suited to couples.
- Mabel's House is a historic inn overlooking a tidal pond. Spacious, contemporary rooms feature modern art and waterfront views — some have balconies and kitchenettes. There's a fabulous local seafood restaurant just next door. Quiet and great value.
- The Colony Hotel enjoys a fabulous location overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Kennebunkport River. This classic, family-friendly property has a private beach, expansive lawns and a large outdoor pool. Activities include surfing, kayaking, croquet, golf and more. Self-catering houses are great for extended family groups. Dogs are welcome.
- The Lodge on the Cove is ideal for families or groups, with spacious rooms, a retro games room, a swimming pool, evening bonfires and complimentary bicycles. The American eatery has dedicated children's menus — though nothing beats marshmallows roasted on the fire! A chic, family-friendly spot with a vintage summer holiday feel.
- The Nonantum Resort has been a hotel since 1883. Built as a sea captain's home, the property has characterful, nautically themed rooms with playful touches and river views. There's a kids club, swimming pool, three restaurants, garden games and easy access to kayaking, paddle boarding, sailing and cycling. For outdoorsy families.
- The Cottages at Cabot Cove promise a magical couples' hideaway, with 16 little houses clustered close to Cabot Cove. Expect a cosy New England feel, with gingham fabrics and vintage fittings. Fully equipped kitchens and small private gardens make this a great spot for longer stays. Very romantic.
- Cape Arundel Inn & Resort is a beautiful New England inn for an adults-only holiday. Overlooking Walker's Point, the inn has 30 charming guestrooms with wooden fans, antique furnishings, balconies and cosy fireplaces. There's a big pool in the garden and an excellent restaurant. A delight.
- Kennebunkport Inn was once a tea merchant's mansion, set in the heart of town. Carefully renovated, the property fuses original features with a chic, boutique feel. Think fine dining at The Burleigh, garden seating and atmospheric rooms. The hotel also offers kayaks and bicycles to guests. For couples or friends.
- Breakwater Inn & Spa promises a relaxing getaway in a picturesque waterfront setting. The tranquil feel is enhanced by the soothing spa — great for couples or friends looking to unwind together. Explore the town, enjoy outdoorsy adventures or simply gaze out across the water, glass of wine in hand.
- The Grand Hotel is a top choice for those looking to stay within easy reach of all the town's attractions. With a restful colour palette of white, cream and yellow, this is a pretty heritage hotel for couples or friends — especially those who will appreciate the onsite art gallery. Very elegant.
For Outdoorsy Explorers
- White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport is rustic and traditional but still super-smart; a charming inn on the Kennebunk River, famous for its lovely landscapes, and proximity to Maine's best beaches. There's a sophisticated spa, ample nature trails for hiking or horse riding, as well as chances to go paddle boarding, canoeing, cycling or fishing. A heritage pick for outdoorsy types.
- Hidden Pond, just outside Kennebunkport, is a charming rural hideaway for couples or families looking to reconnect with nature. Think hiking trails, art classes, kayaking trips, a superb spa and farm-to-fork cuisine. Cottages also offer self-catering facilities. For nature lovers.
- Waldo Emerson Inn was built in 1753 by the uncle of the famous poet and philosopher. Elegant and laid-back, this is a lovely base for active travellers, with heaps of period charm, gourmet breakfasts and a warm, welcoming feel. Ideal for those eager to hike, bike and fish in the beautiful Maine countryside. Very relaxing.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Portland International Jetport, 45 minutes from Kennebunkport by car or bus.
- Maine is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, but do be aware that this is peak season. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds and great hotel deals.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Portland.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Maine.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Kennebunkport
Best Hotels in Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn Kennebunkport 7 rooms from £93Boutique - Once a tea merchant's mansion - now chic boutique - expect a stylish take on nautical design and luxurious touches throughoutActive Holiday - Each of the four seasons offer a diverse range of activities. Think: snowshoeing, horse riding, or even surfingKayaking - The hotel has its own kayaks for rentRestaurant - The Burleigh
Once a tea merchant's mansion, this elegant property has been beautifully renovated. The building's original features remain but now the feel is boutique chic. Expect fine-dining, plenty of space for outdoor seating, and atmospheric rooms (the best have gaslit fires) - a unique stay. See More
Mabel's House Kennebunkport 12 rooms from £101Beach Life - There are beaches that suit everyone; family-friendly Mother’s Beach, Gooch’s Beach for walks & Colony Beach just five mins awayLocal exploring - Beaches, restaurants, galleries and shops are just minutes away, yet the waterside surroundings feel peaceful and relaxingGroups - The Luxury Suite and Coveside Cottage offer two-bedroom units with kitchenettes and living / dining areasSailing - To experience local life cruise down the Kennebunk River in a traditional wooden lobster boat helping fisherman with their catch
Historic inn facing a tidal pond, walking distance to the beach. Polished and spacious rooms with fresh nautical colour palettes feature stylish contemporary furnishings and modern art; some have balconies and kitchenettes. Fabulous local seafood restaurant next door. Offers a quiet & relaxing stay. See More
The Beach House Inn Kennebunkport (Kennebunk) 34 rooms from £101Great walks - From woods and wetlands or seashore beaches and rugged coastlines, the Kennebunk, Maine area has it all.Sights nearby - Maine Maritime Museum, Kennebunkport Brick Store Museum, Kennebunkport Trolley Museum.Sailing - Soak up the sun and salt air on our daily sailing excursions.Surfing - Nearby Gooch Beach is renowned for surfing.
Dating back to 1891, The Beach House is one of the oldest Bed & Breakfast, oceanfront hotels in Maine. The seaview bedrooms are light, crisp and elegant. The house maintains its original Victorian charm, while providing all modern conveniences. The perfect New England getaway! See More
Breakwater Inn & Spa Kennebunkport 35 rooms from £116Sights nearby - Kennebunkport and the Maine Coast abound with many fine art galleries, featuring local and world-renowned artists.Fishing - Pull up a few lobster traps and learn what a real lobsterman does on the Kylie's Chance Lobster Tour.Local markets - The village of Kennebunkport offers a multitude of fine shops selling locally made products.Kayaking - Take an exciting three-hour guided kayak tour to Porpoise Point with Coastal Maine Kayak.
This 19th century boutique Inn maintains its New England coastal style. The rooms are plush to say the least and follow a crisp blue and white nautical theme. Pamper yourself in the spa, or sit on the deck, glass of wine in hand, and admire uninterrupted views of the Atlantic. Total relaxation! See More
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel Kennebunkport 25 rooms from £116Romantic Break - Pick one of the rooms with a terrace and ocean views for a relaxing and secluded stay for twoActive Holiday - Get out and enjoy the Atlantic whether it be on a whale watching, sailing, or fishing tripFishing - Fish for striped bass, Bluefish, sharks and Bluefin tunaRestaurant - The Boathouse Restaurant serves 'classic Maine' dishes
A small hotel boasting an enviable spot on Kennebunkport's pretty port. Simply decorated, elegant rooms with modern bathrooms look out onto the ocean, and the best feature large balconies. A seafood-centric restaurant serves seasonal produce while cocktails are served on the wrap-around porch. See More
Colony Hotel Kennebunkport 125 rooms from £129Restaurant - Two ocean view restaurants specialise in New England food with lobster available year round.Sights nearby - Visit nearby museums, theatres, lighthouses, the lobster tour, the trolley tour...Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor saltwater poolLocal markets - Weekly farmers' market
A picturesque family friendly hotel overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and Kennebunk River. Private beach, expansive lawns and gardens, large outdoor pool. Endless activities from surfing and kayaking to berry picking. Ideal for both a relaxing and active retreat in beautiful surroundings. See More
The Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport (Maine) 109 rooms from £130Families - Kids will enjoy roaming the gardens, games and campfire sing-alongs. Parents can relax with on-site Kid's Club and babysittingBeach nearby - The resort offers rentals on all the beach equipment you will need for a day at Colony Beach, making packing light no problemActive Holiday - Find someone for everyone here: beach days, kayaking, paddle-boarding, sailing, walks, golf and exploring the beautiful areaWeddings - With a scenic water-front lawn, atmospheric fire-pits and plenty of room for marquees, this is ideal for a family wedding
Family resort located on the water in Kennebunk, Maine. A former captain's home, the property became a hotel in 1883. Spacious nautical-themed rooms are split between the 19th-century Carriage House and a newer block; many have river views. There are 3 restaurants, Kid's Club, pool and garden. See More
Grand Hotel Kennebunkport 19 rooms from £140Active Holiday - Kennebunkport is all about the ocean - choose to cruise along the coast by bike, sail, or whale watch - the choices are endlessLocal exploring - just steps from bustling downtown Kennebunkport, find restaurants, galleries and boutiques all within walking distanceMinimum Stay - During peak season there is a 2 or 3 night minimum stayKayaking - Kayak rentals at Kennebunkport Marina (seasonal)
An elegant boutique well-positioned to stroll into downtown Kennebunkport. Bright rooms and suites feature french doors, cream hues, ikat fabrics, and plush Matouk linens. Expect friendly service, New England architecture, and an on-site art gallery. A smart base to explore the coastal town from. See More
The Inn at English Meadows Kennebunkport (Maine) 11 rooms from £140Sights nearby - Within walking distance of Kennebunkport Village with its many historic propertiesBirdwatching - Rachel Carson National Wildlife RefugeLocal markets - Dock SquareGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Luxury bed and breakfast in a fine New England house. Bedrooms are immaculately decorated in a contemporary style with large beds and fine linens. The Inn feels homely and intimate and is just a short walk to the Dock Square, Kennebunkport - which has a number of restaurants and small shops. See More
The Lodge on the Cove Kennebunkport 30 rooms from £158Families - From a retro games room to s’mores around the campfire and then, of course, the pool - this is a very family friendly stayGroups - Rooms sleep up to five making this a great choice for small groups/familiesRestaurant - The all-American restaurant offers adult and children menusSwimming Pool - The gated outdoor pool is designed to be safe for kids
A family-friendly hotel occupying a peaceful location in Kennebunkport. The four lodges channel a subtle retro-chic vibe set in airy spaces with plenty of light. Room sizes vary to accommodate families. Expect activities galore from evening bonfires to board games, movie nights, and kids' crafts. See More
Tides Beach Club Kennebunkport 21 rooms from £163Back to Nature - Explore salt marshes and esturies on the Nature Walks - home to coastal birds, crabs, and other marine lifeSights nearby - Dock square is just a fifteen minute drive away, full of art galleries and world class diningKayaking - $25.00 per person, per hour (the same for paddleboarding)Restrictions on children - Adults only propertyRecommended by - Tablet
A luxurious boutique hotel. Ideal for seaside relaxation in style. Stellar ocean views onto Goose Rock Beach, and a vibrant bar & dining. Smart, charming rooms with plush furniture and marble bathrooms. Stargazing, bonfires, kayaking, cycling, paddle-boarding. An idyllic beach resort. See More
Waldo Emerson Inn Kennebunkport (Maine) 6 rooms from £171Minimum Stay - 2 night min during peak season and 3 night min during major holidaysGreat walks - There are lots of great trails in the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - 5 mins drive from downtown KennebunkportRestrictions on children - No children under 12 allowed
An historic inn, ideally located for outdoors types or beach lovers. Interiors are traditional with many original features including polished pine floors, hand-painted wedgewood tiles and exposed beams. Gourmet breakfasts come as standard. A cosy, atmospheric property that oozes period charm. See More
1802 House Kennebunkport 6 rooms from £171Beach Life - Goose Rocks Beach and the Kennebunk Beaches are the closest to the inn. The inn offers chairs and towels for guestsLocal exploring - With beaches, kayaking, stunning autumn colours and incredible food options, the inn is the perfect baseSailing - Schooner Eleanor offers two-hour sailing trips aboard a traditional 55-foot, gaff-rigged schoonerKayaking - Kayak on Grist Mill Pond, the Kennebunk River, Mousam River and Cape Porpoise
A charming, colonial inn, in the heart of the southern coastal town, Kennebunkport. Rooms are elegant and spacious with four-poster mahogany beds, antique furniture, fireplaces and whirlpool baths. three-course breakfasts are made with local and organic ingredients. A cosy stay. See More
Cape Arundel Inn & Resort Kennebunkport 30 rooms from £179Romantic Break - This adult only stay is ideally suited to couples. Imagine: evening fireside cocktails, beach walks, and fine diningFoodies - Fine New England dining with spectacular coastal views at Ocean Restaurant - worthy of a visit aloneSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolRestaurant - Ocean Restaurant
A traditional New England inn occupying an enviable spot overlooking Walker's Point. Elegant rooms feature wooden fans, antiques, and the best have fireplaces and balconies. The large coastal garden has a pool while Ocean Restaurant is a NE delight. Adult-only, this is a romantic escape. See More
Hidden Pond Kennebunkport (Maine) 36 rooms from £193Great walks - Nature Walks on the Hidden Pond Nature Trail and guided hikes to Timber Point.Kayaking - Paddle boarding and kayaking on Goose Rocks Beach.Back to NatureOutstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet
Rural New England cottages in stunning forest land with kitchen, roaring fires, private balconies and outdoor rain showers. Rooms are modern and comfortable, quiet and intimate. Earth offers farm-to-fork outdoor dining. The Tree Spa has a range of treatments and back to nature activities for all. See More
The Cottages at Cabot Cove Kennebunkport 16 rooms from £210Romantic Break - Perfect romantic weekend getaway material: cosy cottages, a secluded setting, and even row boats available!Active Holiday - Kennebunkport is a real activity hub from the beahes to watersports, cycling to forest walks.Restrictions on children - The environment is quiet and it is suggested that it may not be suitable for children under 15Minimum Stay - Two night minimum stay most weekends and three nights during the holidays
A collection of cute cottages offering complete privacy for a perfect hideaway. Each cottage is individually styled but the feel is very New England with vintage fittings, gingham fabrics, and pine furniture. Everything has been thought about from baked goods delivered each morning to cruiser bikes. See More
Yachtsman Hotel & Marina Club Kennebunkport 30 rooms from £225Local exploring - The fab location means that beaches, galleries, restaurants and boutiques are all within walking, cycling or sailing distanceActive Holiday - Being on the water means that outdoor activities are part of each day, enjoy swimming, fishing, surfing and paddle-boardingTotal relaxation - Views over the tidal river and pool immediately get you into beach holiday mode. End the day with a cocktail on the lawnBeach Life - The area offers endless beaches from mile-long public beaches to hidden patches of sand known only by locals
Fun and laid-back water-front property with a marina, floating barge pool and river-facing rooms. Boutique bungalows blend classic white shiplap walls with contemporary magenta, mango and sky-blue decor; all lead out onto terrace and gardens. Guests have access to a private bar, bikes and kayaks. See More
White Barn Inn Kennebunkport 26 rooms from £226Back to Nature - In an area famed for beautiful landscapes, the estate sits on the Kennebunk River minutes from some of Maine's best beachesActive Holiday - Kennebunkport is ideal for hikers, swimmers and those wanting to fish, canoe, horse-ride or paddleboardCountry EscapeTotal relaxationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Relais & Chateaux
Charming inn on the Kennebunk River, an area famed for picturesque landscapes, close to some of Maine's best beaches. The rooms are rustic and traditional, many with fireplaces and marble bathrooms with whirlpool tubs. The 140-year-old barn houses a brilliant restaurant, and the spa is excellent. See More