Search the best hotels in Maine
The most northerly state in the continental US, Maine is one of its most exciting and rewarding playgrounds, with everything going for it in terms of rugged coastline, unspoiled wilderness interior and a lively culture ranging from millionaires’ playground enclaves like Kennebunkport to arty bohemian cities like Portland. And the best places to stay in Maine reflect this diversity too with options ranging from great value inns to unbridled luxury.
What not to miss:
- Of course nobody who ever mentions Maine ever fails to mention the lobster, and the clams, which are just part of an overflowing natural larder that brings drooling foodies from all over the US.
- There’s so much to see and do here in this land of wide open, sparsely populated spaces. Whether you’re up for a hearty adventure kayaking, cycling, hiking in the endless forests and mountains, exploring the picturesque waterways, or enjoying the beach life with a glass of locally-brewed beer in hand.
- Southport is a very quiet spot offering stunning ocean views, Bar Harbor on Mt Desert Island is better known and busier, whilst Southwest Harbor is the perfect base if you want to explore the Arcadia National Park
This is a state off the beaten tourist track that will surprise you at every turn. Our choice of the best places to stay in Maine contains a strong whiff of sea air making the most of the state’s great maritime tradition.
The Best Places to Stay in Maine
- Gatecrash the country club set at Blackpoint Inn, Portland - a charming coastal hotel on a promontory jutting into the sea. Savour the local seafood in the fine dining restaurant and generally wallow in New England charm.
- Surrounded by the historic old town, Portland Regency Hotel is ideal for a unlocking of Portland's cultural charm. The rooms are stylishly designed, featuring antique fireplaces and luxurious marble bathrooms.
- The Waldo Emerson Inn is an historic property situated on the outskirts of town. Interiors are classic in style with loads of original features and some rooms with fireplaces. Gourmet breakfasts are included in the price. A cosy atmospheric property ideal for outdoors types or beach lovers.
- Overlooking Kennebunk beach, the Beach House Inn offers incredible views of the Maine coast. Set in a charming Victorian beach house, it features chic rooms, an excellent restaurant and a spa fit for every indulgence.
- The Atlantic is everpresent at the elegant Breakwater Inn & Spa. More active guests can go out lobster potting or kayaking where as those bent on relaxation can retreat to the excellent spa.
- The Captain Fairfield Inn is steeped in maritime history and since its tasteful rennovation has become a delightful place to stay in Kennebunkport. Beautiful rooms, a glorious garden and an excellent restaurant all combine to form this fine establishment.
- Not far from the famous Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, The Inn at English Meadows, Kennebunkport offers the best kind of fine New England hospitality - homely and intimate. This luxury bed and breakfast is just a short walk to the Dock Square with its gourmet eateries and select shops.
- Stowed away on the edge of Cape Newagen, the Newagen Seaside Inn is a delightful hotel overlooking the sea. Set amidst beautiful wooded gardens and with a host of seafaring activities to choose from, it's a perfect base for those looking to get the best out of the Atlantic seaboard.
- Nestled in the remote coastal community of Bar Harbor, Shore Path Cottage is a charming seaside hotel. When you're not out spotting whales or walking along the beautiful surrounding coastline, enjoy the homely comforts this lovely B&B has to offer.
- A stay at the Lindenwood Inn is like being welcomed into the home of a local Maine family. This seasonal B&B is awash with local charm and there's no better place to soak up the convivial atmosphere than in front of the sitting room fire.
For luxury lovers
- Grace White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport is rustic and traditional but still super-smart; a charming inn on the Kennebunk River, famous for its lovely landscapes, and proximity to Maine's best beaches. The barn is 140 years old, and has retained its old world features, while adding others, like the sophisticated spa, that belong very much to today’s world.
- Migis Lodge, South Cascon offers log cabin luxury in the pine forest looking over beautiful Lake Sebago. Lobster dinners, daily BBQ lunchtime cookouts and evening drinks on the veranda. Great activities thrown in including water skiing and pilates.
For sailors and salty seadogs
- Hartstone Inn & Hideaway is renowned for rooms that are elegant, spacious and light. The schooner Surprise offers 2-hour day trip out into Penobscot Bay, within easy reach of this Victorian-style B&B in the heart of Camden.
- Captain Lord Mansion, Kennebunkport. Whether it’s a classic-style schooner or a modern sailboat you’re after, this historic B&B will sort you out. Retire after a strenuous day under sail to four-poster beds, antique furnishings, plush linens and modern comfort
- The Inn at Sunrise Point, Lincolnville provides opportunities to sail in an historic Windjammer and the schooner Old Lincolnville, the icing on the cake of a stay at this elegant ocean-front B&B, perched on the Penobscot Bay. Seaside-chic decoration with blue on white tones and clean lines with plenty of natural light.
For fishermen and women
- Harraseeket Inn in Freeport offers local fishing trips and sportfishing charters. It also boasts 23 fireplaces in spacious and thoughtfully decorated rooms, an ndoor heated pool and two on-site restaurants.
- Whether it’s fly fishing, trawling or ice fishing anyone who likes to hold a rod will find something to satisfy them at the Lodge at Moosehead Lake, Greenville. This enchanting property, perched right on the Mooseshead Lake, is a sophisticated wilderness escape.
For a homely atmosphere
- Dockside Guest Quarters in York Harbor offers a mix of seaside spirit and homely charm. Go out for the day on one of the hotel's fishing boats or simply relax on the beach before retiring to the hotel's intimate bar.
For a rustic stay
- Set amidst rolling pineland with farm-to-fork dining and outdoor rain shower, the Hidden Pond (situated just outside Kennebunkport) is a rural charmer. Enjoy great hiking trails, art classes and kayaking trips. This hotel is perfect for those looking for a hideaway in Maine.
For a historic stay
- The Maine Stay Inn is set in one of the region's most historic buildings dating from 1802. Its beautiful exterior is matched by quirky, imaginative interiors that give the place a very unique feel. Perfect for unlocking the historic town of Camden.
- Captain Jefferds Inn is a lovely B&B that embodies the local maritime heritage of Kennebunkport. Blending modern comforts with historic decor, it's the perfect launchpad for unlocking the town's natural charm.
For an active holiday
- The Inn at Diamond Cove lies at the heart of the picturesque Casco Bay on Great Diamond Island. It's packed to rafters with activities, such as tennis, hiking, fishing and swimming. Ideal for exploring the wonderful culture of island life in Maine.
- The expansive Colony Hotel is perfect for a family holiday in Kennebunkport. Comprised of smart rooms, two restaurants, a private beach and boasting a plethora of activities from surfing to foraging, there's something for everyone here.
- Whether it's early morning yoga sessions or early morning crab catching, Inn by the Sea in Cape Elizabeth (just south of Portland) has something for everyone. With spacious, modern rooms, a deluxe spa and stunning ocean views, it's ideal for families looking to escape to the coast.
For bird watchers
- Tides Beach Club, Kennebunkport is the perfect perch for exploring the salt marshes around the Kennebunk river estuary, home to a rich selection of coastal birds, crabs, and other marine life. It's ideal for seaside relaxation in style, and commands superlative ocean views onto Goose Rock Beach,
- Busy local birdlife is touted as one of the attractions of The Rangeley Inn. This comfortable retreat in a lively lakeside village is a great base for exploring Maine’s outdoor paradise features private porches & lake views.
For a private apartment or cottage
- If your looking for something a little more private, we recommend visiting our online partners: Booking.com.
- The two main aiports that service the region are Portland International Jetport and Bangor International Airport.
- Maine is well suited for a road trip so for car hire visit our online partners: Rentalcars.
- Maine is a place for all seasons, with skiing in the winter months and a stunning autumn fall. However, to see the region at its best, we recommend the summer months, June to September, with temperatures generally sitting in the early 20s.
Still not sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Maine,
- or contact our gurus for further tips and advice.
- For a wider search, look at our collections of the best hotels in New England.
Monthly Weather in Maine
Best Hotels in Maine
Waldo Emerson Inn Kennebunkport (Maine) 6 rooms from £171Minimum Stay - 2 night min during peak season and 3 night min during major holidaysGreat walks - There are lots of great trails in the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - 5 mins drive from downtown KennebunkportRestrictions on children - No children under 12 allowed
An historic inn, ideally located for outdoors types or beach lovers. Interiors are traditional with many original features including polished pine floors, hand-painted wedgewood tiles and exposed beams. Gourmet breakfasts come as standard. A cosy, atmospheric property that oozes period charm. See More
Lindenwood Inn Southwest Harbor (Maine) 15 rooms from £104Great walks - Acadia National ParkSights nearby - Southwest HarborRestrictions on children - No childrenViews - Great views from hotel
The Rangeley Inn Maine 45 rooms from £86Great walks - From modest forest trails to rock scrambles at 4,000 feet, the region has some of the Northeast's best hikes for all levelsSights nearby - In the middle of a National Scenic Byway, Rangeley is close to some of the region's most spectacular viewsKayaking - Use the inn's kayaks on the lake or do a boat, canoe or kayak trip further afieldBirdwatching - On site
Wonderfully located in a lively lakeside village , this is the perfect base for exploring Maine’s outdoor paradise. 3 types of room; 'Traditional' - cosy historic feel, 'Tavern wing' - more spacious light & contemporary, and Haley Pond Lodge - simple rooms boasting private porches & lake views. See More
Water Street Inn York County, Maine 8 rooms from £98Romantic Break - Simplistic yet welcoming and attractive, with spacious rooms and Matouk bed linens for an affordable romantic break by the seaValue chic - Attractive and comfortable rooms available for as little as $125 per nightRestrictions on children - The hotel notes that facilities may not be suitable for children under the age of 10Sights nearby - The Old Gaol visitor centre in nearby York village is a popular attraction
This cosy and historic inn is an excellent choice for couples and families with older children, with great access to nearby Portsmouth and outlet shopping in Kittery. A quiet hours policy fosters a peaceful atmosphere in the 8 rooms, with delightful views of the harbour and a nautical beach palette. See More
The Elmhurst Inn Bar Harbor (ME) 12 rooms from £101Total relaxation - Unwind at this picturesque inn set in a leafy garden, with a typical american white painted porch and comfortable bedsLocal markets - There is a lovely farmers market in the village, packed with local produce and trinketsKayaking - Rent a kayak and head off to explore this stunning island from the seaFull of character
The Beach House Inn Kennebunkport (Kennebunk) 34 rooms from £101Great walks - From woods and wetlands or seashore beaches and rugged coastlines, the Kennebunk, Maine area has it all.Sights nearby - Maine Maritime Museum, Kennebunkport Brick Store Museum, Kennebunkport Trolley Museum.Sailing - Soak up the sun and salt air on our daily sailing excursions.Surfing - Nearby Gooch Beach is renowned for surfing.
Dating back to 1891, The Beach House is one of the oldest Bed & Breakfast, oceanfront hotels in Maine. The seaview bedrooms are light, crisp and elegant. The house maintains its original Victorian charm, while providing all modern conveniences. The perfect New England getaway! See More
The Maine Stay Inn Camden 8 rooms from £101Kayaking - Sea Kayaking only two blocks away.Views - Great views from hotelOutstanding locationFull of character
Russell House B&B Boothbay Harbor 8 rooms from £104Total relaxation - Tuck into homemade cookies by the fire, play boardgames in the lounge or chill out in your plush roomSights nearby - Nearby Pemaquid Point is a stunning natural spectacle with a pretty lighthouse now housing an art gallery and museumGreat walks - Be sure to check out the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, a wonderful spot for walkingFull of character
A quaint and charming B&B in the lovely town of Boothbay Harbour. Modern interiors are thoughtfully laid out with comfortable beds, local artworks and indulgent treats such as natural boutique toiletries. They serve an excellent breakfast and the helpful staff will make you feel right at home. See More
Hartstone Inn & Hideaway Camden 21 rooms from £105Great walks - Acadia National Park boasts 120 miles of trails, pristine lakes, breathtaking sea vistas, coastal shores and pebbled beaches.Cooking classes - From November through May, the Hartstone Inn schedules numerous cooking classes at our Camden bed and breakfast.Sailing - The Inn-keepers recommend the schooner "Surprise" for a 2-hour day trip out into Penobscot Bay.Fishing - Lake Megunticook, located five minutes from the Inn, offers great freshwater fishing.
Portland Regency Hotel Portland, Maine 95 rooms from £105Local exploring - In the center of the city's vibrant Old Port, easy access to whale watching, ferry rides, The Victoria Museum...Spa - All guests have complimentary access to the Fitness studio, steam room, sauna, and hot tubOutstanding location - Two blocks from the waterfrontFull of character
In the heart of the city's Old Port district, this hotel is surrounded by boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. Two blocks from the waterfront. Beautiful, smart rooms feature fireplaces and luxurious marble bathrooms. Full of historic charm. Ideal for exploring Portland's top landmarks. See More
Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine 93 rooms from £109Fishing - Local fishing trips by Obsession Sportfishing Charters, Coastal Fly Angler and Hillbilly Charters.Birdwatching - Beautiful walks in Mast Landing Bird Sanctuary, Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary and Maine Wildlife Park.Great walks - Visit Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens for a scenic walk.Swimming Pool - Indoor heated pool.
This Inn, boasting 23 fireplaces, is cosy and welcoming. The rooms are spacious and thoughtfully decorated. Enjoy a dip in the indoor heated pool, or a delicious locally sourced meal at one of the two on-site restaurants. A short distance from eye tempting shopping in Maine. See More
Shore Path Cottage Bar Harbor 10 rooms from £113Views - The garden and some of the rooms have lovely views of Frenchman's Bay and the spectacular Porcupine IslandsSights nearby - Close to Acadia National ParkGreat walks - Good for walkers.Back to Nature
A lovely family run B&B in Bar Harbor with ocean views and a large garden. Rooms are large & traditional & there's a homely atmosphere and warm welome. The family will give you all the advice you could possibly want about ocean activities, and hiking & biking in the local national park. See More
Dockside Guest Quarters Maine 25 rooms from £116Cooking classes - Take a cooking class from the reknowned Stonewall Kitchen.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated.Outstanding locationSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Seashore chic meets homely comforts; think white on white, plenty of natural light, fireplaces and an eclectic mix of nautical decorations. Porches and balconies face out onto unmatched views of southern Maine’s rocky shoreline and the Atlantic Ocean. Heaven on York Harbor! See More
Breakwater Inn & Spa Kennebunkport 35 rooms from £116Sights nearby - Kennebunkport and the Maine Coast abound with many fine art galleries, featuring local and world-renowned artists.Fishing - Pull up a few lobster traps and learn what a real lobsterman does on the Kylie's Chance Lobster Tour.Local markets - The village of Kennebunkport offers a multitude of fine shops selling locally made products.Kayaking - Take an exciting three-hour guided kayak tour to Porpoise Point with Coastal Maine Kayak.
This 19th century boutique Inn maintains its New England coastal style. The rooms are plush to say the least and follow a crisp blue and white nautical theme. Pamper yourself in the spa, or sit on the deck, glass of wine in hand, and admire uninterrupted views of the Atlantic. Total relaxation! See More
Captain Fairfield Inn Kennebunkport 9 rooms from £124Active Holiday - Explore the town on foot, trek along the 50-mile coastline that is a National Wildlife Refuge, or kayak down the Kennebunk riverBeach Life - The beaches in Kennebunkport are some of the best in MaineCountry EscapeBack to NatureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Historic home in maritime Kennebunkport that has been artistically renovated. The rooms feature bold colours and patterns, striking wallpaper and modern furnishings. There is a beautifully manicured garden with outdoor lounge and firepit, and it is located close to some of Maine's best beaches. See More
Colony Hotel Kennebunkport 125 rooms from £129Sights nearby - Visit nearby museums, theatres, lighthouses, the lobster tour, the trolley tour...Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor saltwater poolLocal markets - Weekly farmers' marketLively area - In the thick of the action.
A picturesque family friendly hotel overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and Kennebunk River. Private beach, expansive lawns and gardens, large outdoor pool. Endless activities from surfing and kayaking to berry picking. Ideal for both a relaxing and active retreat in beautiful surroundings. See More
Pomegranate Inn Portland, Maine (Portland) 8 rooms from £135Romantic Break - This luxurious and unique boutique offers guests a chance to relax, unwind and feel pampered in a spectacular settingFishing - Become a fisherman for the day and head out with Lucky Catch Cruises to catch your own lobsterRomantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet, Great Small Hotels
A warm and welcoming, albeit slightly whacky, boutique B&B in Portland. The interiors are a treasure trove of local artworks, murals and antique pieces that tie together beautifully to create a vibrant and lively environment. The breakfast is exceptional and the staff are knowledgable and helpful. See More
Newagen Seaside Inn Southport, Maine (Southport) 35 rooms from £136Back to Nature - Explore 20 acres of wooded oceanfront with the hotel bikes, or visit the family-friendly network of Nature TrailsViews - The inn features breathtaking panoramic ocean viewsOutstanding locationSecluded setting - For escaping.
A charming, idyllic inn, located just steps from the beach. Hiking, biking, rowing, swimming, fishing, bowling - the activities are endless. Rooms decorated in pastel shades have a nautical vibe, private terraces, and beautiful ocean views. Perfect for both an active and relaxing sea-side vacation. See More
Whitehall Camden 36 rooms from £136Romantic Break - With exceptional food, interior design, wrap around porches, and indulgent touches of luxury it's an ideal romantic escapeLocal exploring - A charming centrally located base from which to explore the town- from schooners to chowder houses and Mount BattieFishing - The remarkable mile long Rockland Breakwater pier offers excellent saltwater fishingGreat walks - Wander up to Mount Battie and make the most of its stunning hiking trailsRecommended by - Tablet
A chic and historic mansion in the picturesque town of Camden. A recent renovation has breathed new life into this New England treasure, think bold colours, funky light fixtures and original artworks. There is an excellent restaurant, wrap around porches and outdoor fire places for guests to enjoy. See More
The Inn at English Meadows Kennebunkport (Maine) 11 rooms from £140Sights nearby - Within walking distance of Kennebunkport Village with its many historic propertiesBirdwatching - Rachel Carson National Wildlife RefugeLocal markets - Dock SquareGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Luxury bed and breakfast in a fine New England house. Bedrooms are immaculately decorated in a contemporary style with large beds and fine linens. The Inn feels homely and intimate and is just a short walk to the Dock Square, Kennebunkport - which has a number of restaurants and small shops. See More
Camden Harbour Inn Camden 20 rooms from £169Views - Anchored on a promontory, from its porch and through its windows, the accommodation offers a panoramic view of Penobscot BaySights nearby - The striking Camden Amphitheatre is just 800m awaySpa - Small in-house spa with lifestyle coachGreat walks - Beautiful coastal walks and trails
A renovated 19th century mansion with elegant modern design and beautiful views across the harbour. Rooms are luxurious in every way with sink-into beds and indulgent bathrooms. With an award-winning restaurant and small spa, it is a sophisticated base from which to explore the region. See More
Captain Jefferds Inn Kennebunkport 15 rooms from £163Great walks - Explore the salt marshes and estuaries of Rachel Carson National Wildlife RefugeSights nearby - Take a tour of Wood Island Lighthouse.OpulentFull of character
Tides Beach Club Kennebunkport 21 rooms from £163Back to Nature - Explore salt marshes and esturies on the Nature Walks - home to coastal birds, crabs, and other marine lifeSights nearby - Dock square is just a fifteen minute drive away, full of art galleries and world class diningKayaking - $25.00 per person, per hour (the same for paddleboarding)Restrictions on children - Adults only propertyRecommended by - Tablet
A luxurious boutique hotel. Ideal for seaside relaxation in style. Stellar ocean views onto Goose Rock Beach, and a vibrant bar & dining. Smart, charming rooms with plush furniture and marble bathrooms. Stargazing, bonfires, kayaking, cycling, paddle-boarding. An idyllic beach resort. See More
Higgins Beach Inn Portland, Maine (Higgins Beach) 23 rooms from £164Active Holiday - Lots of fun to be had with snorkeling, diving, canoeing and windsurfing all available a short walk away from the hotelBeach Life - A few hundred metres from the white sandy shore, this hotel is perfect for anyone seeking a weekend away on the beachGreat walks - A short drive from the Libby River Farm Trailhead and the Pleasant Hill Preserve, for great walks through the local countrysideSeaside - A few minutes walk from the beachfront in the coastal village of HigginsRecommended by - Tablet
A charming and warm establishment just outside Portland and a stone's throw away from the beachfront. Higgins Beach Inn is a relaxing, family-friendly choice. Rooms are bright and airy with a distinctly nautical feel and there's a restaurant specialising in seafood. A quaint coastal stay. See More
Captain Lord Mansion Kennebunkport 20 rooms from £168Kayaking - Rent a kayak to explore the harbour, coastal inlets, islands and rivers near our southern Maine Coast Inn.Fishing - Charter boats are available for deep-sea trips to search for blues, stripers, tuna and grouper.Sailing - Book passage on either a classic style schooner or a modern sailboat.Spa - On-site professional spa facilities.
This historic B&B is decorated in the most opulent fashion; fourposter beds, antique furnishings, plush linens, exuberant wallpapers as well as every modern comfort. Prepare for the ultimate indulgent getaway with spa facilities, an extensive wine cellar and lavish three course breakfast! See More
Inn by the Sea Portland, Maine (Cape Elizabeth) 61 rooms from £171Sights nearby - Crescent Beach State Park, Two Lights State Park, Cape Elizabeth Light...Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
A luxurious oceanfront hotel. Modern, warm, and inviting. Breathtaking ocean views from rooms, which feature a smart, contemporary design. Activities include nightly fire pits, beachfront sunsets, early morning yoga and garden tours. Ideal for a stunning and elegant sea-side retreat. See More
Migis Lodge South Casco, Maine from £235Kids Club - Daily activities and kids mealsPrivate villas - Individual Log CabinsLakeside - Sebago LakeFamiliesRecommended by - Fodors
All inclusive luxury with thirty five private log cabins set in 125 acres of pine forest, overlooking Lake Sebago. Enjoy lobster dinners, daily BBQ lunchtime cookouts and smart evening drinks on the veranda. All activities, from water skiing to morning pilates are included. See More
The Inn at Sunrise Point Camden 12 rooms from £183Sights nearby - Visit Marshall Point Lighthouse, The Owl’s Head Lighthouse and Pemaquid Point Lighthouse.Kayaking - Kayaking and canoeing on Penobscot Bay or nearby Megunticook Lake.Sailing - Sale the historic Windjammer Surprise and the Schooner OladFishing - The Inn will organise fishing in Lake Megunticook.
Hidden Pond Kennebunkport (Maine) 36 rooms from £193Kayaking - Paddle boarding and kayaking on Goose Rocks Beach.Great walks - Nature Walks on the Hidden Pond Nature Trail.Back to NatureFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Rural New England cottages in stunning forest land with kitchen, roaring fires, private balconies and outdoor rain showers. Rooms are modern and comfortable, quiet and intimate. Earth offers farm-to-fork outdoor dining. The Tree Spa has a range of treatments and back to nature activities for all. See More
Boothbay Harbor Oceanside Golf Resort Boothbay Harbor 75 rooms from £198Romantic Break - All rooms offer king beds and silky soft linens and the deck is a wonderful place to sit and sip on pre-dinner cocktailsGolf - The 18 hole golf course is a draw for many guests, they offer a range of packages to suit all needsActive Holiday - Whether it's golfing, kayaking, sailing or walking there are pleny of activities to keep you busyGreat walks - Visit Maine Beach or State Park for excellent walking, stunning views and plenty of picnic opportunities
A beautiful waterside resort in Maine's picturesque Boothbay Harbour. Comfortable, classic and chic- the rooms offer king size beds as standard and many have balconies overlooking the bay. The excellent restaurant offers indoor and pier-side dining and the craft cocktails are dangerously good. See More
The Inn at Diamond Cove Portland, Maine 44 rooms from £202Back to Nature - Explore the nearby scenic trails along the island or admire the seaviewsSights nearby - McKinley museum located on the islandViews - Great views from hotelFull of character
In the heart of Casco Bay, this idyllic hotel offers a relaxing retreat with a smart outdoor pool and Cabana Bar. Beautiful sea views. Access to Pebble Beach and to miles of scenic trails. Full of historic character. Contemporary rooms with plush beds and flat-screen TVs. See More
250 Main Hotel Rockland 26 rooms from £204Local exploring - A convenient stop-off point on the way to Bar Harbor and Acadia and Midcoast Maine, there is lots to explore close to this hotelCity Style - With stylish and unique interior design and an unbeatable location overlooking the harbour, this hotel has lots of city charmRomantic Break - With warm and welcoming suites and a romantic sea view terrace, book this hotel for a charming couples' getawaySights nearby - Visit the Rockland Harbor Breakwater Light, a historic lighthouse complex at the end of the Rockland BreakwaterRecommended by - Tablet
This boutique bolt-hole overlooks the Rockland Harbour in Maine. The individually styled guestrooms are bright and airy, featuring a blend of reclaimed industrial décor and hand-selected artwork. The hotel's relaxed, deck-style terrace is the perfect place to unwind after exploring the city. See More
Blackpoint Inn Portland, Maine (Maine) 25 rooms from £267Kayaking - Kayaking Equipment AvailableBirdwatching - Prouts Neck Bird SanctuarySeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Fodors
An unpretentious and relaxed seaside hotel with a country club feel. Uniquely surrounded by water on three sides, Blackpoint Inn boasts magnificent sea views. Sophisticated and tasteful bedrooms and a smart, fine dining restaurant serving locally sourced seafood. Quintessential New England charm. See More
Lodge at Moosehead Lake Maine 9 rooms from £220Back to Nature - Peace, quiet, lush forests, life-filled lakes and experienced guides to explain it all to you- what could be better?Birdwatching - There have been more than 415 species of birds recorded in Maine, and no more beautiful place to observe them.Fishing - From fly fishing, trolling or ice fishing, there is something here for everyone.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accomodated at this hotel.
An enchanting lodge perched right on the Mooseshead Lake. The luxurious lodge is orientated towards the lake, with floor to ceiling windows and private patios. Each room has its own theme, think totem pole fourposters, indoor swing seats, and antique snow shoes. A sophisticated wilderness escape! See More
Captain Sawyer's B&B Boothbay Harbor 92 rooms from £221Local exploring - A charming Victorian sea captain's home, right in the heart of Boothbay, within striking distance of all the main attractionsGreat walks - There are plenty of stunning hikes along the coast, or for a more curated walk try the botanical gardensFishing - Head out with local fishermen to catch lobster, fish and crabs for your dinner!Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A charming Victorian-era captain's house, turned smart B&B in Boothbay Harbour, Maine. With a wrap around terrace, balconies, and a widows watch there are plenty of perches to admire the harbour views. The simple yet stylish interiors are matched by an excellent breakfast and warm welcoming service. See More
Grace White Barn Inn Kennebunkport 26 rooms from £226Back to Nature - In an area famed for beautiful landscapes, the estate sits on the Kennebunk River minutes from some of Maine's best beachesActive Holiday - Kennebunkport is ideal for hikers, swimmers and those wanting to fish, canoe, horse-ride or paddleboardCountry EscapeTotal relaxationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Relais & Chateaux
Charming inn on the Kennebunk River, an area famed for picturesque landscapes, close to some of Maine's best beaches. The rooms are rustic and traditional, many with fireplaces and marble bathrooms with whirlpool tubs. The 140-year-old barn houses a brilliant restaurant, and the spa is excellent. See More
The Inn at Ocean's Edge ME, Maine 32 rooms from £289Spa breaks - With a range of treatments on offer at the hotel's full service Poolhouse Spa, book this hotel for a spa weekendTotal relaxation - From the tranquil setting to the well-appointed rooms and sleek spa, this hotel promises total relaxationRomantic Break - With warm and inviting guestrooms and a charming restaurant, this hotel makes an idyllic couples' getawayGreat walks - Discover nearby Camden Village on a long walk through its quaint streets of shops and bustling harbourRecommended by - Tablet
This charming inn is perched on the shore of Penobscot Bay between the port of Camden and Lincolnville Beach. Newly renovated rooms were designed with comfort in mind, from the fluffy bathrobes to sink-in carpets. Home to the slick Poolhouse Spa, this hotel is an ideal spot for rest and relaxation. See More
The Press Hotel Portland, Maine 110 rooms from £297Writing a novel - What better place to craft your masterpiece than in this printing themed hotel, with retro-writers desks in every roomGreat walks - You are well placed for exploring the cobblestone streets, 19th-century buildings and fishing piers of Old PortLocal markets - Maine is famed for its spectacular farmers markets- be sure to get up early and see them at their bestViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
A whimsical and well put together printing press themed hotel, in the old headquarters of Portland’s Press Herald. The interiors feature ancient type writers, type print carpets and wallpaper and beautiful artworks by local artists. The restaurant stands out as remarkable even in this foodie town. See More
Blair Hill Inn Greenville, Maine 10 rooms from £350Romantic Break - This hotel makes a great bolt-hole for couples, with first-class spa treatments available and romantic countryside viewsCountry Escape - Set on a sprawling country estate with beautifully renovated interiors, book this hotel for an idyllic rural getawayFoodies - Soak in lake views from the hotel restaurant, home to locally sourced cuisine with a Thai twistGreat walks - Explore the estate and the countryside beyond on a long hike; the hotel will happily provide maps and hiking guidesRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
This luxury hotel and spa occupies an 80 acre country estate overlooking Maine's largest glacier lake. Elegant guestrooms have wood-burning fireplaces and antique furniture, in keeping with the property's heritage. There's also a sleek spa and excellent restaurant, making this an exclusive stay. See More
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel Bar Harbor (ME) 70 rooms from £849Country Escape - A charming hotel with top class services on the beautiful Mount Desert Island, with access to Acadia National ParkGroups - With rooms that sleep up to four people the hotel is well equipped for groups of guestsGreat walks - This charming village offers very pleasant wandering opportunitiesViews - Great views from hotel
A grand hotel in Bar Harbor, on charming Mount Desert Island. Comfortable and spacious rooms come with a deluxe breakfast in the excellent restaurant. The staff are welcoming and warm and the swimming pool is a great addition. With a central village location, a gym and hot tub they have it all. See More