- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Rochester
On the shores of sparkling Lake Ontario, Rochester is a family friendly riverside city known for being the birthplace of modern photography. There’s more to do here than the city’s modest size suggests,.For example Rochester is the home to the world’s only museum to ‘play’. There’s an excellent cultural calendar, plenty of sports and even more music. There are three waterfalls right in the middle of town. Choosing the best places to stay in Rochester will depend on why you’re here - you’ll find everything from historic boutique charmers to modern, family friendly apartment hotels to more luxurious options.
What Not To Miss
- If you're looking for a fun family day out then head to The Strong National Museum of Play, home to a number of interactive and educational exhibitions that the kids are bound to enjoy. There's also the Seabreeze Amusement Park and the Seneca Park Zoo.
- If you fancy experiencing some lovely scenery then head to Finger Lakes Wine Country before picking up one of the local wines for a taste test.
- Or wander through the Gothic Mount Hope Cemetery, the final resting place of Frederick Douglass.
- The George Eastman Museum is the ideal place to learn all about the history of photography and motion picture.
Our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Rochester is worthy of inclusion on a list of the best places to stay in New York State.
For Local Exploring
- The Inn on Broadway in downtown Rochester is a historic inn with 23 individually designed boutique rooms with fireplaces, jacuzzis and four-poster beds. There’s also a superb, New York style restaurant and a sophisticated bar.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
- If you think you'd be best served by a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Best time to visit Rochester is during the summer months, with the average daily temperature ranging from 22-28°C in July and August.
- That said, this is peak tourist season, so for a quieter alternative consider visiting in May, September or October.
- Fly into Greater Rochester Airport, 6km southwest of Rochester, before taking the bus into the city centre.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Rochester
Inn on Broadway 23 rooms from £137Rochester
This historic inn features 23 individually designed boutique rooms. Lavish four-poster beds, fireplaces, and jacuzzis. Superb Tournedos Steakhouse is a quintessential New-York city style restaurant. The Lounge, featuring big, comfortable chairs, and a slick bar, boasts a sophisticated ambiance.Sights nearby - Located in Downtown Rochester, this inn is within a mile of Contemporary Art Centre, and Genesee River's High FallsTraditional - Historic building, classic architecture, four-poster beds, and old-world furnishingsLively area - In the thick of the action.Local markets - Good for local colour.