Search the best hotels in Canandaigua
A picturesque base in Upstate New York, Canandaigua is a brilliant destination for outdoorsy explorers, active families or tranquil couples looking to unwind in spectacular surroundings. Accommodation options range from luxurious hotels to intimate B&Bs and charming heritage houses, well-suited to a whole host of tastes and budgets. Some of the best places to stay in Canandaigua are right alongside the lake, but most of our favourite spots are tucked amidst verdant gardens and leafy forests — ideal for a restful, restorative break.
Part of the famed Finger Lakes region, Canandaigua’s biggest draw is beautiful Canandaigua Lake. Expect fun-filled days of swimming, kayaking, fishing and picnicking as a family, or venture further afield for hiking, cycling, horse riding and golf. There’s also some excellent skiing during the winter months. Renowned for its fantastic wines, the Canandaigua area brims with wineries offering tours and tastings, as well as a burgeoning selection of breweries and distilleries — don’t miss the chance to taste some top-notch beers or spirits during your stay! There are live music events by fabulous artists, too, as well as fascinating museums clustered around the town of Canandaigua, which is perched at one end of the lake. Do take the time to discover the town’s many delectable eateries, quirky shops and cultural monuments, too. Take a day trip to Niagara Falls, visit historic Rochester or simply hide away in blissful seclusion.
Surrounded by a plethora of things to see and do, the best places to stay in Canandaigua make for an immensely attractive family, group or couples’ escape from the big city. Do book your trip well in advance, because the smaller properties fill up fast in the summer and autumn, when the rich colours of the falling leaves create a truly magical atmosphere.
The Best Places to Stay in Canandaigua
For a Heritage Hideaway
- 1795 Acorn Inn is a tranquil, five-bedroom hideaway just a few miles from Canandaigua Lake. Expect warm, elegant interiors with crackling fireplaces and sumptuous textiles. Surrounded by forest, this is the perfect pick for a quiet and romantic couples' escape. There's lots for outdoorsy types to explore, too.
- Morgan Samuels Venue is a charming heritage residence with cosy, antique-filled interiors and picturesque grounds. Built two hundred years ago, the house is now a beautiful events venue with seven guestrooms — plenty of space for a big family get-together or a dream wedding.
For Lakeside Luxury
- The Lake House on Canandaigua is a gorgeous lakeside haven, with 124 stylish guestrooms featuring handcrafted wooden furnishings and crisp, clean lines in a landmark building. Expect a world-class spa, fabulous food sourced from the kitchen garden, and heaps of activities on the lake. A luxurious stay for couples, families or big groups — including wedding parties!
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Rochester Airport, and take a 30-minute taxi to Canandaigua.
- Alternatively, contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Time your trip for the summer months (June to September) to enjoy warmer temperatures, ranging from 20 - 25°C. Autumn is slightly cooler, but the blankets of red, orange and yellow leaves are seriously striking. This is a hugely popular time to visit, so book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
STILL NOT SURE?
Best Hotels in Canandaigua
Morgan Samuels Venue Canandaigua 7 rooms from £91Great walks - Not only does the property boast wonderful walking trails but the picturesque Finger Lakes Region is just a short car ride away.Birdwatching - Plenty of wildlife to be seen on this tree-covered rise, surrounded by 46 private acres.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of character
A charming 19th century stone mansion, situated in the breathtaking Finger Lakes District. The seven sumptuous bedrooms come complete with cosy fireplaces and antique furniture. Mouth watering gourmet meals are served in the elegant dining areas, perfect for big family trips or weddings. See More
The Lake House on Canandaigua Canandaigua 125 rooms from £140Value chic - Top-class luxury amenities, aesthetics and facilities within an affordable price range. Get a lot more than you pay forRomantic Break - Idyllic setting to escape; reconnect with fireside cocktails, vibey dining, sexy suites and interesting activitiesCountry Escape - Explore all Finger Lakes has to offer; lake views, walking trails, waterfalls, wild swimming and vineyard toursRestaurant - Rose Tavern serves rustic seasonal menu inspired by the region, enjoy views & outdoor dining. Sand Bar offers drinks and snacks
Modern luxe lakefront hotel offering a complete getaway package. Boutique interiors perfectly blend fresh minimalism with unique character and warmth. A heated pool, library, cutting-edge dining and lake-front views make it hard to leave yet Finger Lakes area offers plenty to do. On-trend delight. See More
1795 Acorn Inn Canandaigua 5 rooms from £169Country Escape - Leafy surroundings, wildlife, large gardens and beautiful rural landscapes for miles make a stay here a breathe of fresh airActive Holiday - Outdoor enthusiasts will love the Finger Lakes area. Enjoy hiking, mountain biking, boating, fishing, swimming and canoeingHideaway - Tucked away but with every little luxury you need for a relaxing weekend, this is a perfect little hideawaySights nearby - It's possible to visit Niagra Falls as a day trip. While there, include Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory
Award-winning rural B&B with vast multi-terraced grounds. Rustic exterior houses well-appointed interiors; each country classic room has a different strength but all feature homely fireplaces. Enjoy the outdoor hot tub, hammocks, in-room massages and fireside lounge. Intimate woodland wonderland. See More