Search the best hotels in San Antonio
About San Antonio
Thirty-two million people visit San Antonio per year, attracted to this Texas city’s evocative history and lively contemporary culture. Filled with things to see and do, this is a brilliant destination for couples, families or groups of friends. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, with everything from intimate historic B&Bs to luxurious resort hotels fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in San Antonio are perched close to the picturesque pedestrianised River Walk, a shady path which follows the San Antonio River through the heart of the city.
Some of our San Antonio collections:
- 11 Best Kid Friendly Hotels in San Antonio
- 8 Most Romantic Hotels in San Antonio
- 8 Best Pet Friendly Hotels in San Antonio
- 6 Best Riverwalk Hotels with Balconies in San Antonio
- 6 Best Boutique Hotels in San Antonio
- The 9 Best Hotels near Riverwalk, San Antonio
Lined with verdant greenery, cafés, bars and restaurants, the River Walk also connects museums, galleries, boutiques and parks. Venture to its north end for Brackenridge Park and the San Antonio Zoo, both of which are fantastic for families. The Japanese Tea Garden will appeal to nature lovers, whilst the Witte Museum is a top-notch spot to delve into Texan history. To the south, you’ll find the San Antonio Museum of Art, showcasing collections from across the globe. The Alamo, a World Heritage Site, is a must-see. San Antonio’s iconic fort commemorates the tragedy of the siege which marked a turning point in the struggle for Texan independence from Mexico.
Further south, hiking and cycling trails wind their way through woodland and riverside habitats, skirting close to four stone-built Spanish colonial missions, part of the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. Keen riders can hop on horseback at the stables, exploring the countryside with an expert guide. Kayaking, bird watching and golf are also on offer. The surrounding Texas Hill Country, on the other hand, is known for its superb wineries — expect tours and tasting aplenty.
San Antonio’s history, foodie scene and great nightlife all make this a deservedly popular Texan destination. The best places to stay in San Antonio can fill up fast during the school holidays, so book your trip well in advance to avoid missing out!
The Best Places to Stay in San Antonio
For a Charming B&B
- Inn on the Riverwalk is a pretty collection of three blue-painted historic homes. Set right on the River Walk, the B&B features 13 bright bedrooms, some of which have extra beds for children. Stay here for the big breakfasts, cosy interiors and laid-back feel. There are bikes to borrow and great eateries within walking distance.
- Noble Inns sits close to the river in King William District. The 17 Victorian-style rooms and suites are spread across three heritage buildings. There are leafy gardens, an outdoor swimming pool and charming patios. A wonderful B&B for a family, couples' or friends' trip. Very intimate.
- The Riverwalk Vista is a smart red-brick building, dating back to 1883. The 16 rooms feature antique furnishings, exposed brickwork and original floorboards. Five minutes' walk from the Alamo, this tranquil riverside B&B is a chic base for couples or groups of friends eager to see the city centre.
- The Menger Hotel is the oldest continuously operating hotel west of the Mississippi. Set on Alamo Plaza, this historic property is well-located for seeing the city's top sights. Connecting rooms options and extra beds are great for travelling with little ones, who will also adore the outdoor swimming pool.
- Hotel Gibbs is close to both the Alamo and the River Walk, making it a fun choice for keen explorers. Bright, modern interiors offer great family options, there's a kids' buffet and pets are welcome. A fun family base.
- The Crockett Hotel welcomes guests of all ages. Families will love the flexible accommodation options, the swimming pool and the kids' menus at the restaurant. There's lots to do within walking distance! A friendly, traditional property for a great-value San Antonio stay.
- Sonder Southtown Apartments offer an appealing alternative to traditional hotels. Cool, contemporary apartments in the Lone Star neighbourhood feature two bedrooms and well-equipped kitchens. Guests have access to the shared swimming pool and rooftop terrace. Perfect for independent families.
- Hotel Havana is a romantic little riverside hotel with 27 quirky rooms and suites featuring an eclectic mix of patterned textiles, antique furniture and modern pieces. Built in 1914 and inspired by the tropical cool of Cuba, this River Walk gem is full of history. Ocho, the Latin-inspired bar and restaurants, is a funky San Antonio favourite. Children are welcome, but we think this feels more like a couples' hideaway.
- Sonder Pearl District offers design-led contemporary studios and apartments close to great shopping in a historic neighbourhood. Interiors feature dusky pink and warm blue tones, and larger apartments come with full kitchens. Guests have access to the building's pool and gym. Ideal for independent couples.
- Hotel Contessa offers swanky suites on the River Walk, with vibrant patterns and a sleek urban vibe. Stay here for the rooftop pool, state-of-the-art fitness centre, relaxing spa and riverside dining. For well-heeled couples seeking a smart city break.
- Mokara Hotel & Spa is a sophisticated spa hotel, perfect for an indulgent couples' escape. Expect beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, great dining options and a central location. The 17,000-square-foot spa is the property's biggest draw: ideal for a restorative and rejuvenating holiday experience.
- Omni La Mansion Del Rio is a graceful riverside hotel with classic Spanish-style architecture, including a façade studded with elegant arches. Highlights include a courtyard pool, smart rooms and suites clad in soothing tones, and access to sister hotel Mokara's serene spa. An indulgent couples' pick.
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a stylish property with a lively bar and riverside restaurant. Spanish Colonial and Mediterranean architecture fuse to create warm, inviting spaces. A good pick for those eager to follow the River Walk on foot, or to catch a Broadway show at the Majestic Theatre, just next door. For couples or business travellers.
For Historic Grandeur
- The St Anthony brims with old-world charm. Open since 1909, this luxurious landmark hotel is a beautiful choice for a romantic stay or a smart business trip. Think top-notch food and cracking cocktails, lavish interiors and communal spaces adorned with sparkling chandeliers. Set between the River Walk and the Alamo. Very grand.
- Hotel Emma is housed in a restored 19th-century brewhouse in the historic Pearl District. Named for the formidable Emma Koehler, who saw the business through the Prohibition era, the imposing brick building has been transformed into a wonderful grand hotel. Think gorgeous rooms and suites, delectable gourmet dining and an appealing swimming pool. A historic gem for couples or families.
For a Luxury Resort
- Eilan Hotel & Spa is a chic retreat set between Texas Hill Country and downtown San Antonio. Expect Tuscan-inspired architecture, impressive facilities — including a pampering spa, Olympic-sized swimming pool and extensive fitness centre — as well as elegant rooms and suites. Families are welcome but this resort is an especially good choice for a romantic trip or indulgent wedding.
- La Cantera Resort & Spa promises a luxurious escape for active families, groups or couples. Boasting two golf courses, nine restaurants, a fabulous spa and a plethora or activities for guests of all ages, this is resort escapism at its best. The sights of San Antonio are a short drive away, as are the wineries and rolling landscapes of the Hill Country.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to San Antonio International Airport, and travel into the city centre by bus or taxi.
- Texas is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect hot summers, with temperatures averaging at around 33°C between June and August. For slightly cooler weather, come in the spring (March - May) or autumn (September - November).
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Austin.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Texas.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in San Antonio
Best Hotels in San Antonio
The Menger Hotel San Antonio (Downtown) 316 rooms from £90Local exploring - Located in a prime position to explore the culture and history of San AntonioCity Style - A traditional and stylish hotel In the heart of the city, on the Alamo PlazaFamilies - For families there are connecting rooms, rollaway beds and cots on requestRestaurant - The Colonial Room Restaurant est. 1959 serves traditional cuisine accompanied by jazz and early ragtime sounds and ambience
Opening its doors in 1859, The Menger Hotel has hosted presidents, generals and celebrities in the historic heart of the city. Retaining its stately Victorian charm and poise and traditional-style restaurant, it has added a large outdoor pool and modern touches to comfortable, elegant rooms. See More
The Crockett Hotel San Antonio (Downtown) 138 rooms from £101Local exploring - Ideally situated a few hundred meters from the Alamo, in easy reach of the city centre's attractions and the famous River WalkValue chic - A historic hotel in a fantastic location, boasting competitive ratesGreat walks - In easy reach of a range of parks and green spaces, as well as the River Walk's attractve promenadeSpa - The hotel boasts a partnership with the Alamo Plaza Spa next door
A block away from the Alamo, named for the Folk Hero and military leader Davey Crockett. This historic hotel is an ideal base for exploring the city's rich culture and heritage, featuring a pool, and comfortable, traditionally inspired en-suite rooms with hot buffet breakfasts included in the rate. See More
Noble Inns San Antonio (King William Historic District) 19 rooms from £117City Style - An elegant collection of rooms set in San Antonio's historic King William district, with great links to the city centreValue chic - Offering a strong and elegant sense of style, with antique furnishings and Victorian era design at attractive pricesLocal exploring - A few minutes walk from Hemisfair Park and in easy reach of the main tourist attractionsSwimming Pool - Pancoast Carriage House offers an outdoor pool which is available for all guests to use
A collection of 3 separate houses and an outdoor pool in the King William District of San Antonio make up the historic Noble Inns. Victorian-style rooms are cosy, charming and furnished with an impressive array of antiques. In a prime location for exploring the sights and attractions of the city. See More
Hotel Contessa San Antonio (Downtown) 265 rooms from £133Local exploring - Ideally situated for exploring downtown, from its museums and historic sites, to the culture around the River WalkRomantic Break - Boasting romantic vistas and intimate dining experiences on-site, with couples packages availableCity Style - The Contessa boasts up to date and very stylish room design in a popular part of the cityGreat walks - The River Walk promenade is a great place to spend a day walking and taking in the local culture
A riverside gem in the heart of downtown, boasting beautifully designed rooms and an enticing range of modern spa hotel amenities. Situated overlooking the River Walk, the rooftop pool provides stunning vistas in every direction and the on-site Las Ramblas restaurant is intimate and stylish. See More
Omni La Mansion del Rio San Antonio (Downtown) 338 rooms from £137Local exploring - A truly prime location, overlooking the river with great on-foot access to attractions, shopping and the business districtRomantic Break - A great choice for couples with cosy rooms, romantic dining and drinks venues and a spa with plenty of couples' servicesCity Style - A stylish choice in the city centre, boasting an excellent restaurant, cosy rooms and fantastic viewsSpa - Mokara Spa offers a range of skin, facial and massage therapies, in expansive and attractive surroundings
An expansive Spanish Style Hotel in the heart of San Antonio, featuring a heated outdoor pool, an exquisite fusion restaurant and a world class spa. In easy reach of the city's premier attractions and an excellent choice for couples seeking high-end food and spa experiences in a central location. See More
Hotel Gibbs San Antonio (Downtown) 91 rooms from £140Local exploring - In the heart of the city's cultural and historic centre, constructed on the grounds of the original Alamo compoundCity Style - Easy-going and colourful design right in the city centreGreat walks - The nearby River Walk offers enchanting strolls along the promenade, through San Antonio's dining and cultural hotspotLively - The on-site restaurant hosts a happy hour, and boasts a range of $4 wines and Texas craft beers and ales
The Hotel Gibbs is bright, colourful and wonderfully central, ideal for visitors exploring San Antonio's rich culture and history. In easy reach of the River Walk area's restaurants, museums and attractions, the hotel's breezy and comfortable rooms boast modern amenities and luxury hard-wood floors. See More
Sonder Pearl District San Antonio (Government Hill) from £143City Style - This stylish apartments boast excellent access to the best of the city's cultural attractionsRomantic Break - Plush, private and luxurious, ideal for couples visiting the cityLocal markets - In easy reach of the Historic Market Square authentic Mexican marketSights nearby - Less than 2 miles from the River Walk's attractive promenade
Private, self-contained studios and apartments some with private balcony, minutes from the City Centre and Downtown. Modern and supremely stylish, the spacious units offer access to the building complex's pool, gym and communal areas. The ideal residence for couples visiting San Antonio in style. See More
Inn on the Riverwalk San Antonio (Downtown) 13 rooms from £145Local exploring - Ideally located to explore the River Walk area and downtown's historical and cultural attractionsRomantic Break - A cosy townhouse with plush rooms that lends itself perfectly to romanceSights nearby - In easy reach of the Alamo, Main Plaza, Tower Life Building and Plaza de las IslasPrivate Hot Tub - Rooms feature spa baths
A laid-back and welcoming B&B on the banks of the city's River Walk. In easy reach of the city centre and all its historic attractions and the River Walk's restaurant scene. Traditional rooms feature hardwood-floors, antiques and are outfitted with spa baths. An intimate choice. See More
The Riverwalk Vista San Antonio 16 rooms from £146Local exploring - An ideal location for getting to know San Antonio whether you're here for culture, nightlife or both.Sights nearby - The Alamo, Tower of the Americas, Paseo del RioSwimming Pool - At sister hotel next doorTraditional
Historic elegance meets bustling San Antonio in this stylish redbrick 19th century building. Each room has a view looking out over the city, and a mix of antiques, exposed brickwork, original floorboards and floor-to-ceiling windows give this hotel a comfortable yet classy feel. See More
Sonder Southtown Apartments San Antonio (Lone Star) 3 rooms from £155Romantic Break - The attractive, luxury rooms are ideal for couples visiting the city on a romantic breakCity Style - Stylish, self contained apartments just outside the city centreLocal markets - In easy reach of Southtown Commons, which hosts regular arts and crafts marketsSecluded setting - Boasting private entry in a modern block of contained apartments
A luxury collection of suites located just south of the city centre in the Lone Star neighbourhood, next door to the historic King William District's bars, restaurants and craft beer breweries. Thoroughly modern in amenities and design, boasting access to a rooftop terrace, gym and pool. See More
Hotel Havana San Antonio (Texas) 27 rooms from £156Sights nearby - Cathedral of San Fernando.Full of characterLively area - In the thick of the action.BoutiqueRecommended by - Tablet
This Cuban chic Riverwalk hotel offers contemporary decor with classic Latin elements. The comfortable rooms range in size, but all are light with mod-cons and private bathrooms. Ocho pan-Latin restaurant is a greenhouse setting overlooking the Riverwalk. The Bar is notorious across town. See More
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio (Texas) 213 rooms from £187Local markets - Check our Market Square and El Mercado,the largest Mexican style market place outside of Mexico.Sights nearby - Rio San Antonio Cruises-riverboat water taxi tours departing from river side of the hotel.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
This contemporary and stylish hotel offers prime location on the Riverwalk. Vibrant rooms are modern and spacious and with San Antonio views. Citrus Restaurant works with locally sourced produce and Vbar mixes up some delicious cocktails. Great place to stay for the local haunts, or relax at the spa See More
La Cantera Resort & Spa San Antonio 496 rooms from £272Families - A perfect set-up with child-friendly facilities & activities, but also child-care, Kid's Club & adult-only spaces for quiet timeSpa breaks - The perched forest-facing spa is divine. Enjoy couple suites with outdoor tubs, plunge pools, spa pool & effective treatmentsRomantic Break - Reconnect with spoiling breakfast in bed, al fresco couple's spa treatments, adult-only pool & romantic fireside diningSwimming Pool - Five heated pools cover all bases; kid's pool with slides, infinity adult-only, Vista for the whole family & secluded spa poolRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Super luxury Hill Country resort and spa. Contemporary rooms, suites and villas are slick and sophisticated with nature-filled views. Relax and recharge with 4 pools, 9 restaurants, destination spa, and fab fitness, tennis & golf. Superb balancing act between family-friendly and romantic retreats. See More
Mokara Hotel & Spa San Antonio (Downtown) 99 rooms from £273Total relaxation - Attractive and inviting rooms, 24 hour room service and an excellent spa and rooftop pool, for a total relaxation experienceSpa breaks - One of the best equipped hotels in the city for a comprehensive spa, wellness and relaxation experienceRestaurant - The hotel features both the impressive Ostra riverside restaurant and a rooftop cafe bar serving light dishes and cocktailsSpa - The Mokara Spa offers a range of skin and facial treatments, as well as salon services
A luxury establishment in the cultural heart of the city by the River Walk, featuring elegant and spacious rooms in easy reach of San Antonio's major historic and tourist attractions. Boasting a rooftop pool, great seafood restaurant and an excellent spa for a comprehensively relaxing stay. See More
The St Anthony San Antonio (Downtown) 227 rooms from £324Foodies - The hotel's restaurants and bars boast fresh, gourmet, and locally inspired cuisines, as well as excellent cocktailsCity Style - Stylish in the extreme, from the rooms and spaces, to the restaurants, bars and excellent locationRestaurant - The hotel boasts a range of restaurants and bars, lunch and dinner can be taken at Gallery On the Park or ReBelleLocal markets - In walking range of the Ripleys Believe It Or Not Museum and the Briscoe Western Art Museum
The St. Anthony boasts an extensive and modern business and meeting suite, but its true delights lie in the impressive architecture, rooftop pool, and the excellent range of on-site restaurants and bars. Ideally located in the heart of downtown for an extremely stylish San Antonio stay. See More
Eilan Hotel & Spa North West San Antonio 163 rooms from £328Romantic Break - Couples spa and massage services, cosy, romantic rooms and intimate dining experiences for a well-earned break togetherTotal relaxation - A luxurious spa hotel, with a range of massage and skin therapies, away from the hustle and bustle of the city centreRomantic - Very romantic, with couples themed services and packages and plush, luxury bedroomsRestaurant - Sustenio Restaurant & Bar serve comforting, locally sourced dishes
A comprehensive luxury spa resort, ideal for a couples getaway, with a range of romantic spa treatments and plush rooms, or for families as a relaxing, luxury base when visiting the nearby 6 Flags park. Well appointed with indoor and outdoor pools, and an excellent restaurant and fitness facility. See More
Hotel Emma San Antonio (SAN ANTONIO) 146 rooms from £347Local exploring - Well positioned to access the city's tourist spots, restaurants and shops.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Cathedral of San Fernando.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestaurant - Recommended.
A hip hotel set in a converted brewery. Reception rooms keep the buildings character with large open spaces, exposed brick and enormous windows. Rooms are spacious and elegant. The restaurant does not disappoint with a gourmet fresh menu hitting the spot. A winning choice. See More
Thompson San Antonio San Antonio 162 rooms from £404Local exploring - Perfect location for exploring San Antonio; sites, restaurants, nightlife & museums are all walking distanceCity Style - Temple of contemporary cool with rooftop pools, sky level dining, weekend DJs & slick modern decorPet friendly - Up to two pets are welcome per room free of chargeRestaurant - Landrace restaurant offers celebrity chef dining. The Moon’s Daughters serves Mediterranean fare in epic 20th floor location
Luxurious contemporary property on the city's coveted River Walk. There's no need to leave with cutting-edge dining options, a happening rooftop pool area, and a spoiling spa; soak up the views from rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows before walking to nearby sites. On-trend modern luxury to a tee. See More