Search the best hotels in Savannah
Perched on the banks of the Savannah River since 1733, graceful Savannah is famed for its beautiful architecture and vibrant history. A hugely popular destination for romantic couples, heritage buffs, foodies and families, this charming little city boasts a vast array of accommodation options, including everything from simple B&Bs to swish riverfront hotels. Many of the best places to stay in Savannah are clustered around the Historic Landmark District, within walking distance of gorgeous buildings, trendy shops, galleries, museums and eateries.
Stroll along avenues shaded by Spanish moss, pop into galleries and boutiques, and admire the heritage architecture of the Historic Landmark District with a guided walking tour. 30-acre Forsyth Park, with its impressive fountain, is a favourite spot, and its Friday farmers’ market draws a real crowd. History buffs should head to the the First African Baptist Church, the Cathedral Basilica of St John the Baptist, the American Prohibition Museum and the Savannah History Museum. Delve into Georgia’s dark past at the Wormsloe State Historic Site, a former plantation just outside the city, or discover the story of The Midnight Garden of Good and Evil at the Mercer-Williams House Museum. The SCAD Museum of Art and Savannah City Market are also highlights.
For a laid-back beach day, venture to Tybee Island, where you can savour seafood snacks or take a sunset cruise with dolphins. Coastal Georgia has some spellbinding scenery, and there are ample opportunities to enjoy long walks and to go cycling or horse riding in stunning surroundings. Sailing, kayaking and boat trips are also popular.
Back in town, lose yourself in the cosy bars, quirky cafés and hip eateries of this enchanting Georgia city’s many marvellous neighbourhoods, before retreating to one of the best places to stay in Savannah.
The Best Places to Stay in Savannah
For River Views
- River Street Inn offers beautiful rooms and suites overlooking the Savannah River in an 1817- built former cotton store. Generous rooms are centred around a light-filled atrium, and many boast private balconies, four poster beds and lovely bathrooms. Very indulgent.
- Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront is an imposing red-brick building with spacious traditional rooms featuring velvet headboards, fur throws and swish bathrooms. Rocks on the River serves classic American comfort food, pizzas and delectable cocktails. A riverside gem, close to outdoorsy activities and the charming historic district.
- Olde Harbor Inn was built as a warehouse on the Savannah River in 1892, and has since been transformed into a fantastic boutique hotel with chic, restful interiors and lovely river views. A great choice for a celebration, family trip or couples' city break.
For Contemporary Cool
- The Perry Lane Hotel is a modern city bse, complete with a spa, fitness facilities, excellent bars and a lively restaurant specialising in using locally sourced ingredients. Cool and contemporary, for business or leisure, this is a great downtown spot.
- The Drayton Hotel overlooks City Hall, and features sophisticated rooms with hardwood floors, Grown Alchemist bath products and cocktail mixers. Sip cocktails at the rooftop bar, enjoy seafood at the brasserie and relax in eclectic shared areas. A glamorous urban choice.
- The Alida is a hip industrial conversion in the trendy riverfront area, with fresh, airy rooms, pale wooden floors and customised furniture. The outdoor pool and chic drinking & dining areas make this a fun city choice, close to the revitalised riverfront district. Very stylish.
- The Andaz is an appealing modern choice for families or business travellers eager to make the most of the pool, fitness centre and meeting facilities. 22 Square offers delicious cocktails and Southern flavours, and the historic district is easily accessible. An urban pad with all the mod-cons.
For a Heritage B&B
- Forsyth Park Inn is a historic B&B overlooking Forsyth Park. The 12 rooms feature period furnishings, parquet flooring and huge sash windows. Savour breakfast on the porch each morning. For heritage architecture buffs.
- The Stephen Williams House is an 1834 Federal mansion-turned-B&B, with just five antique-filled rooms in a prime location. The peaceful garden is a wonderful place to relax. Calm and historic.
- The Ballastone Inn is tucked in the heart of the Savannah Historic District, with individually designed rooms oozing period charm. Think classic Southern breakfasts and a welcoming bar for evening drinks.
- The Presidents' Quarters is an elegant choice, with enormous rooms and suites decorated in soft, soothing hues. Southern breakfasts and evening glasses of wine are served in grand reception rooms. A characterful B&B for couples or history buffs.
- Amethyst Gardens Inn is an opulent, merticulously restored Victorian mansion, with ten bedrooms boasting sumptuous textiles, glittering chandeliers and big marble bathrooms. An upscale residential retreat for couples with a swimming pool, careful attention to detail and lashings of charm.
- Hamilton Turner Inn has a wonderfully elegant feel, with airy guestrooms adorned with period furnishings, claw-footed tubs and antique four-posters. Breakfast and evening canapés are served in a gorgeous lounge. A refined and sophisticated couples' choice.
- Catherine Ward House Inn is a striking Victorian townhouse near Forsyth Park, with a grand reception room, pretty terrace and eight spacious, elegant guestrooms. A grown-up base for couples.
- The Marshall House dates back to 1851, and boasts charming guestrooms with cosy fireplaces and big bathtubs. Many rooms share access to the wrought iron balcony — perfect for kicking back with a glass of wine. Vintage Southern style with an excellent bistro and atmospheric library. Very romantic.
- Eliza Thompson House is a 25-bedroom B&B in downtown Savannah. Spread over two houses, each antique-filled room is unique. The best feature fireplaces and four poster beds. Mornings begin with good coffee and gourmet breakfasts, and there's a wine and hors d'oeuvres hour in the evening. For couples.
- McMillan Inn is a grand B&B choice, with carefully preserved period interiors, working fireplaces and four poster beds. Book the Carriage House for the ultimate couples' hideaway. The outdoor pool is a real treat. Children over the age of 15 are welcome.
For Families or Groups
- The Brice is right behind Jackson Square, a converted Coca Cola bottling plant with 145 large, modern rooms, a pool, library and business facilities. There’s an Italian restaurant and a great bar. Rooms offer space for families, as well as as lovely options for couples. Fun, relaxed and child friendly.
- The Suites at Bay offers four chic suites, with well-equipped kitchenettes and space for up to four guests. A great group or family choice, with a restaurant downstairs for moments when you would prefer not to cook! Stylish and appealing.
- Savannah B&B Inn offers a selection of self-catered cottages and multi-room suites, well-suited to families or groups. Interiors are traditional, breakfasts generous and staff very friendly.
- Azalea Inn & Gardens has big bedrooms in an Italian-style mansion set in a residential part of town. There's space for little ones in some of the rooms, as well as appealing private balconies, modern bathrooms and a lovely swimming pool for cooling dips. Very family-friendly.
- The Present is a chic boutique pad with unique rooms — the largest sleeping up to nine people — offering a fresh, contemporary feel and modern fixtures. A very convenient group holiday choice, close to lots of bars and eateries. Some suites have full kitchens. Very swish.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport and travel into the heart of the city by taxi or shuttle bus.
- Georgia is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, but do be aware that this is peak season. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Atlanta.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Georgia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Savannah
Best Hotels in Savannah
The Drayton Hotel Savannah 50 rooms from £104City Style - With a cool rooftop terrace, cocktail bars and sophiscated dining, this is the perfect Savannah stayViews - Enjoy views of City Hall, River, and surrounding historic neighbourhoodGreat walks - Wander through the infamous Mercer Williams House on Monterey SquareRestaurant - The Saint Neo’s Brasserie serves seafood and Southern fareRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
A modern Southern belle hotel overlooking City Hall. Sophisticated rooms feature hardwood floors, Grown Alchemist bath products and even cocktail mixers. Indulge in innovative cocktails at the rooftop bar with panoramic city views. Delicious brasserie-inspired seafood and oyster bar. Very chic. See More
Inn on West Liberty Savannah 8 rooms from £116Local exploring - Explore the rich history, strong art culture, gorgeous architecture, and world-class food scene of Savannah!Back to Nature - Explore hiking, biking trails and birding and facilities for camping at Skidaway Island State ParkSights nearby - Visit the nearby Savannah History Museum, Lafayette Square and Cathedral of St John the BaptistRestrictions on children - Children over the age of 12 are welcome
A charming inn dating from 1871 in the heart of historic Savannah. Chic & comfortable rooms are decorated with period decor, cosy fireplaces and modern comforts such as towelling robes, soaking tubs and walk-in showers. Sip on homemade lemonade on the balcony with stunning city views. A homely stay. See More
East Bay Inn Savannah 28 rooms from £118Local exploring - Set beside River Street with nearly all of Savannah's major attractions within walking distanceSights nearby - Savannah has the reputation of being haunted (this includes the hotel itself!) - take a spooky night tour of the cemeteriesRestaurant - Southern breakfasts and lunch are served in Debi's Restaurant on BayLocal markets - Head to City Market to peruse the stalls and boutique outlets
A historic inn offering a central location beside River Street. Spacious rooms mix modern and traditional design; many have exposed brickwork and polished parquet floors. A casual restaurant serves Southern dishes for breakfast and lunch plus there's an atmospheric bar. An authentic Southern stay. See More
Savannah B&B Inn Savannah 29 rooms from £124Groups - Multiple room self-conatined houses and suites, some with private parking, lounges, and kitchens, are ideal for groupsLocal exploring - Located in the historic district of Savannah within walking distance of Forsyth Park, shops, restaurants and sightsSights nearby - Take a tour of the peaceful and historic Bonaventure CemeteryCooking classes - Enjoy a a cooking class at the prestigious 700 Drayton
A historic inn offering a flexible range of self-catered cottages, multi-room suites, and doubles in the heart of Savannah. Interiors are cosy and traditional with antiques, exposed stone, and traditional artwork. Breakfasts are a homely affair and staff are always warm. A cosy home-away-from-home. See More
The Present Savannah 8 rooms from £125Local exploring - Set in the east side of the Savannah Historic District, adjacent to Crawford Square, this is a scenic and convenient locationGroups - Multi-room suites offer flexible options for various group sizes and for those who want to self cater, that is an option tooLocal markets - On Saturday mornings, peruse the Farmers' Market in Forsyth ParkFull of character
A chic boutique hotel set in the historic district of Savannah. Unique rooms vary in size and style (the largest sleeps nine people) but each has a fresh feel with whitewashed walls, pastel accents, and modern fixtures. With restaurants a stroll away, this is a stylish and convenient crashpad. See More
Olde Harbour Inn Savannah 24 rooms from £126Local exploring - Well positioned in historic downtown close to Forsyth Park, the river, and several restaurants, shops, and barsFamilies - Spacious two-bedroom suites make a comfortable base for familiesLocal markets - Nearby City Market is a bustling spot filled with eateries, stalls, and boutique outletsFull of character
A historic boutique hotel set in downtown Savannah. An all-suite property, the largest have two bedrooms. Each is spacious and light and decorated in a mix of modern and traditional styles. With ice-cream treats sent to the room, evening wine, and a laidback feel — this is a chic city crashpad. See More
The Brice Savannah (Georgia) 145 rooms from £128Sights nearby - Washington Square is on your doorstep.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Tablet
A Coca-Cola top shop turned into a contemporary landmark on the heels of Jackson Square. Large rooms offer all mod-cons and city views, marble bathrooms and access to library, pool and business facilities. Pacci serves Italian cuisine and the bar is great for a nightcap. Explore by bike or on foot. See More
Forsyth Park Inn Savannah 12 rooms from £129Families - The Cottage, which sleeps up to three people, is a good option for small families that want an independent stayLocal exploring - Overlooking Forsyth Park, the property is perfectly placed to explore the historic areas of SavannahRestrictions on children - Children above six are welcomed in all rooms and children of any age can stay in The CottageLocal markets - Explore the boutique stores, restaurants, and stalls in City Market
An elegant and historic B&B boasting an enviable position overlooking Forsyth Park. Spacious rooms are dressed in period style with antiques, parquet flooring, and enormous sash windows. Breakfasts are served on the large porch and warm hospitality is in true Southern style. A charming city base. See More
Eliza Thompson House Savannah 25 rooms from £132Local exploring - Well placed in historic downtown just a stroll from Forsyth Park, boutiques, restaurants, and sightsLocal markets - City Market is a vibrant area filled with eateries, stalls, and boutique outletsAdult OnlyFull of character
A charming boutique B&B set in historic downtown Savannah. Spread over two houses, each antique-filled room is unique. The best have fireplaces and four-posters. Mornings are started with good coffee and a gourmet breakfast while in the evenings there are wine and hors d'ouevres. An elegant stay. See More
The Marshall House Savannah 68 rooms from £132Local exploring - The hotel is perfectly located nearby to the best restaurants, museums and best sights of SavannahBeach Life - Discover the magnificent beaches of Tybee IslandRestaurant - The 45 Bistro Restaurant serves a wide ranging dinner menu in an elegant atmosphereSights nearby - Explore Savannah’s famous Riverstreet and the John P. Rousakis Riverfront PlazaRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A boutique luxury hotel built-in 1851- one of the oldest in Savannah. Warm elegant rooms feature cosy fireplaces and modern amenities including ACs and spacious bathtubs. Many lead onto the building's picturesque wrought iron balcony (perfect for a glass of wine). Vintage authentic southern charm! See More
McMillan Inn Savannah 8 rooms from £148Local exploring - Located in Savannah's historic district meaning that restaurants, theatre, museums, and shops are all within walking distanceRomantic Break - Book the Carriage House for an intimate hideaway complete with a two-person whirlpool tub, cosy fireplace, and a full kitchenLocal markets - Head to City Market to peruse the eateries, stalls, and boutique outletsWhirlpool Bathtub - The Carriage House comes with a two-person whirlpool tub
A grand & historic inn set in central Savannah. Period interiors have been beautifully preserved creating an authentic feel. Packed with antiques, many rooms have working fireplaces & four posters. A carriage house offers an intimate hideaway for couples while an outdoor pool completes the stay. See More
The Suites at Bay, Savannah Savannah 4 rooms from £148Groups - Some of the suites sleep up to four people which is ideal for small groups of friends or familiesSailing - Take a cruise along the river and enjoy the views of the cityRestaurant - Treylor Park Restaurant
A chic collection of suites in the centre of historic Savannah. Elegant spaces are simply styled with polished wooden floors & soft grey hues. All come with well-equipped kitchenettes & most with washing machines. Complete with a restaurant, this is the perfect balance of hotel and independent stay. See More
The Stephen Williams House Savannah (128 West Liberty Street) 5 rooms from £152Fishing - Head to Ossabaw Island for fishing, camping and trekking.Great walks - Forsyth Park for athletic tracks to jog or walk around.Sights nearby - Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
1834 Federal mansion turned intimate boutique B&B, decked with antiques and in a prime location. All five rooms are unique, cosy and display an intimate charm. Breakfast is served at your convenience. A peaceful garden provides sanctuary after a day of exploring the fascinating historical Savannah. See More
Ballastone Inn Savannah (Georgia) 16 rooms from £155Sights nearby - Oglethorpe Square is a hop and a skip away.Romantic - Good for couples.Four poster beds - For romantics.Full of character
This B&B in the heart of Savannah Historical District is romantic and intimate. Unique rooms have four-poster beds, plush linens and private bathrooms. Breakfast is a southern affair for all guests. In the evening, the bar awaits. The great location is ideal for exploring the city on foot. See More
The Gastonian Savannah 17 rooms from £155Romantic Break - Book the romantic and grand Caracalla suite complete with a balcony, four-poster, and whirlpool tubLocal markets - Nearby City Market has plenty of boutique outlets, stalls, and eateries to choose fromSights nearby - Visit the Jepson Center for the Arts, Telfair Academy, or Owens-Thomas HouseWhirlpool Bathtub - Select rooms have whirlpool tubs
An elegant and historic B&B comprising two grand buildings. The rooms are wonderfully unique, however all have period antiques and hardwood floors. Some have fireplaces, clawfoot tubs, or whirlpool baths. Breakfasts are served in an elegant dining room and the location is perfectly central. See More
Bellwether House Savannah (Georgia) 16 rooms from £161Local exploring - Situated right in the heart of the city. The team are on hand to help with any guided tours etcRomantic Break - A great place for peace and quiet in the heart of this romantic cityFull of character - Interiors retain the character of the old property whilst at the same time offering smart modern furnishingsSpa - There is a small spa with a range of massage treatments and facials, along with a copper soaking tub
Elegant, historic, adults-only luxury B+B in a lovely residential area. Interiors are full of character; rooms have high ceilings, tall sash windows, parquet floors, and well-chosen art. The best suites have a private furnished balcony too. A sophisticated, grown-up base for city explorations. See More
Andaz Savannah Savannah (Georgia) 151 rooms from £164Sights nearby - Jackson Square, Ellis Square and City Market are all on the doorstep.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
This urban contemporary hotel offers a pool, business and fitness centre. Large, modern rooms with city views and all the mod-cons. 22 Square offers delicious handcrafted cocktails and the food represents the flavours of the South. Relax on the sun deck poolside or head into the historical district. See More
The Alida Savannah 173 rooms from £210Local exploring - Well placed in the revitalized riverfront area which is a hot spot for artists, exciting culinary destinations, and boutiquesCity Style - With fresh contemporary design, a lovely outdoor pool, and lively dining and drinking options — this is a stylish choiceRestaurant - Laid-back Rhett restaurant serves up all American fare with a playful twistLocal markets - Explore City Market, a bustling area with eateries, stalls, and boutiques
A hip industrial conversion set in the trendy riverfront area. Beautifully styled rooms are fresh & light with enormous windows, pale wooden floors, and individually customised furniture. Complete with an outdoor pool, warm Southern hospitality, and chic dining and drinking venues. A stylish stay. See More
The Presidents' Quarters Savannah 16 rooms from £210Local exploring - Positioned in the historic district meaning restaurants, sights, and Forsyth Park are within walking distanceRomantic Break - Choose one of the suites with a four poster bed and fireplace for a romantic settingLocal markets - Explore the City Market for dining, shopping, and entertainmentSights nearby - Visit the striking Cathedral of St John the Baptist
An elegant B&B set in the historic district of Savannah. Enormous suites and rooms are decorated in soft hues and filled with a choice selection of antiques. The best have four-posters and fireplaces. Southern breakfasts and evening wine are served in the grand reception rooms. An indulgent base. See More
Mansion on Forsyth Park Savannah (Georgia) 126 rooms from £218Local exploring - Located beside Forsyth Park,, walking distance from the historic district where you will find museums, shops, parks and moreFoodies - On-site cooking school, teaching Italian or Southern style food each evening. A full meal and wine providedChic - Expect elegantly sized rooms with grand white headboards, velvet armchairs and chandelier lightingLocal markets - Head to City Market, a 6 minute drive, and explore the four-block open air market which began in the 1700s and is still thriving
An historic mansion conversion in the heart of Savannah. Spacious rooms offer sophisticated interiors with statement headboards, grand chandeliers, and modern bathrooms. Enjoy local low-country menus with an Italian twist at 700 Drayton and happy hours and live music in the lobby. A chic stay. See More
Perry Lane Hotel Savannah (Metropolitan Area) 167 rooms from £219Contemporary - Contemporary furnishings and design pay homage to Savannah's historical aesthetic while being expressley modern and up to dateLocal exploring - The city is within a short walk from many of Savannah's museums, parks, historic land marks, cathedrals and theatresDowntown - Located in the middle of Savannah's Metropolitan area, this hotel is in the very heart of the citySights nearby - Located within a mile of Cathedral of St John the Baptist and Johnson, Ellis and Washington Square
The Perry Lane Hotel is a modern and luxurious city centre base. Guests are pampered with a range of fitness, massage, spa, and sauna experiences. The hotel's excellent bars and restaurant services offer up the finest of wines and locally sourced fare in an indulgent setting. See More
Azalea Inn & Gardens Savannah (Georgia) 13 rooms from £219Sights nearby - Mercer House is haunted (apparently) so head there to be spooked!Full of characterBoutiqueSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Italian style mansion come B&B in a residential and leafy part of town. Large rooms decked with antique furnishings, fireplaces, private balconies and modern bathrooms. In room breakfast as well as an evening glass of wine by the pool. Great spot to explore Savannah at your leisure - foot or bike. See More
Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront Savannah 75 rooms from £229City Style - Sip handcrafted cocktails while savouring tapas and panoramic views of the riverfront on the terrace bar, Rocks on the RooftopLocal exploring - Bay Street hotel is surrounded by the eclectic boutiques and gourmet restaurants of downtown SavannahRestaurant - Rocks on the River serves classic American comfort food and Neapolitan pizzasGreat walks - Stroll down the cobblestone streets of the Savannah Historic DistrictRecommended by - Tablet
A vibrant riverfront hotel in the heart of Savannah's historic district. Stylish and spacious rooms feature plush velvet headboards, fur throws, original artworks and colonial-inspired decor. Rocks on the River serves classic American comfort food and Neapolitan pizzas and handcrafted cocktails. See More
Catherine Ward House Inn Savannah 8 rooms from £233Local exploring - Well set in a historic neighbourhood beside Forsyth Park. Several restaurants, shops, and sights are within walking distanceRomantic Break - Book one of the rooms with a fireplace and two-person jetted tub for a romantic staySights nearby - Visit the striking Cathedral of St. John the BaptistWhirlpool Bathtub - Select rooms have two-person jetted tubs
A beautiful Victorian house set in a historic district near Forsyth Park. Elegant rooms are dressed in traditional period style with antiques, chandeliers, and fireplaces. A grand reception room and a pretty terrace are perfect for an evening drink. A grown-up base, ideal for a couples' escape. See More
Hamilton Turner Inn Savannah 17 rooms from £233Romantic Break - Choose one of the rooms with a clawfoot bath, antique four-poster bed, and a fireplace for a romantic stayLocal markets - Head to City Market — a charming two block area surrounded by eclectic retail shops, art galleries, nightlife and restaurantsSights nearby - Take a tour of the architecturally impressive Andrew Low HouseRestrictions on children - Children over 10 years of age are welcomed
A grand French Empire-style house, turned B&B, set in historic downtown Savannah. Luxurious rooms are decorated in period style and the best have clawfoot tubs and antique four-posters. Breakfast and evening hors d'oeuves are served in an elegant lounge. A grown-up and romantic stay. See More
Amethyst Garden Inn Savannah 10 rooms from £388Local exploring - Ideal Historic District location means that all of Savannah's best sites are within walking distanceRomantic Break - Well-suited to couples. The innkeeper can help arrange romantic carriage rides around SavannahSights nearby - Walk to Bonaventure Cemetry and Cathedral of St John or drive to Wormsloe and Fort JacksonGreat walks - The town's famous 30-acre historic Forsyth Park is an easy 5 min walk
Victorian mansion meticulously restored to a deluxe owner-run inn. Opulent period decor includes authentic antiques, original artworks & mosaic fireplaces; expect canopy beds, oriental rugs, and gilded frames. After a delicious breakfast stroll to the city's sites. Upscale residential-style retreat. See More
River Street Inn Savannah (Georgia) 86 rooms from £406Sights nearby - Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist.OpulentFull of characterLively area - In the thick of the action.
1817 former cotton store overlooking the Savannah River, historical architecture meets contemporary luxury. Large and light rooms wrapped around a central atrium with private balconies. Bernie's offers seafood and local cuisine accompanied with live music and fine bar selection. A prime spot in town See More