- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Southport, Maine
About Southport, Maine
Tiny Southport includes the villages of Southport, West Southport, Squirrel Island and Cape Newagen, which was once a fishing spot for some of the earliest Europeans in New England. All of these villages are on the pine-clad island of Southport, with its beautifully calm marina and harbour. Most of the best places to stay in Southport offer peaceful ocean views and charming New England decor, so this is a great choice if you’re looking for an oceanside escape.
What Not To Miss
- Head over to the Cape Newagen Alpaca Farm for a fun family day out! Get to know the animals and browse through their store's collection of alpaca yarn, socks, and more.
- Hendricks Hill Museum, showcasing how the residents of Southport lived from the late 19th to mid 20th century, is a great place to learn more about the history of the place.
- Head along to Cuckold Lighthouse and marvel at the beautiful sea views - just be sure to remember your camera!
Many of the best places to stay in Southport are booked very quickly so be sure to make plans and secure your chosen location.
The Best Places To Stay In Southport
For ocean views
- The Newagen Seaside Inn is an idyllic inn just off the beach, offering 35 rooms with a nautical vibe and private ocean view terraces. As well as the beach you have 20 acres of oceanfront forest.
For An Apartment or Cabin
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Southport is nicest weather-wise in the summer months, with the temperature around 21-26°C in July.
- Visitors can fly into Portland International Airport, 34 miles away, before taking the bus or the train on to Southport.
- There are unfortunately no direct flights from the UK to Portland.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Southport, Maine
Newagen Seaside Inn 35 rooms from $174Southport, Maine (Southport)
A charming, idyllic inn, located just steps from the beach. Hiking, biking, rowing, swimming, fishing, bowling - the activities are endless. Rooms decorated in pastel shades have a nautical vibe, private terraces, and beautiful ocean views. Perfect for both an active and relaxing sea-side vacation.Back to Nature - Explore 20 acres of wooded oceanfront with the hotel bikes, or visit the family-friendly network of Nature TrailsViews - The inn features breathtaking panoramic ocean viewsOutstanding locationSecluded setting - For escaping.