Search the best hotels in Hue
Vietnam's former royal capital, Hue is a fascinating destination for history buffs and culture aficionados. Almost mid-way between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, this striking riverside city still houses evocative monuments, tombs and pagodas reflecting the power of the Nguyen emperors. Set within easy reach of these ancient buildings are boutique hotels and tranquil resorts — the best places to stay in Hue — perfect for memorable trips as a couple or with friends and family.
Stroll or cycle to the imposing seven-storey Thien Mu Pagoda, built atop a hill overlooking the Song Huong — also known as the Perfume River. An iconic Vietnamese landmark, it’s well worth exploring with an expert guide. The enchanting Imperial City, home to crumbling temples, palaces and the emperor’s residence, is Hue’s other big draw. Marvel at ancient architecture, gaze into ponds topped with lotus flowers, and step into the cool interior of delicately painted wooden buildings. The restored To Mieu Temple Complex, at the southwestern corner of the Imperial City, is particularly spectacular. See the old city from the river on a slow boat ride, pausing to step into the royal tombs which are dotted along the banks of the Song Huong.
Modern-day Hue is also brilliant for foodies, who will adore seeing lively markets and savouring big bowls of bun bo hue, a regional speciality. Put your feet up at one of the best places to stay in Hue after big days of discovery, enjoying flavoursome cuisine and cracking cocktails in superb surroundings.
The Best Places to Stay in Hue
- Azerai Le Residence is a gorgeous French-era building with a striking Art Deco façade. Set on the banks of the Perfume River and overlooking the former Imperial Citadel, this is a glamorous hotel with elegant interiors and stacks of 1950s charm. For well-heeled travellers and romantics.
- Banyan Tree Lang Co sits on a spectacular stretch of white-sand beach, slightly south of Hue. Unwind in luxurious bliss with an award-winning spa, private swimming pools and fabulous Vietnamese cuisine. A superb escape for water sports enthusiasts and beach-loving couples.
For Great Value
- Pilgrimage Village Boutique Resort & Spa is a charming hotel, set within verdant grounds on the outskirts of Hue. Expect architecture inspired by traditional Vietnamese building styles, with earthy tones, pitched wooden ceilings and thatched roofs. A swimming pool, cookery classes and fun kids club make this a great pick. Double rooms are surprisingly good value.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Hanoi's Noi Bai International Airport, or to Ho Chi Minh City's Tan Son Nhat International Airport before catching a connecting flight to Phu Bai International Airport in Hue. Alternatively, consider travelling by train or overnight bus. Speak to your hotel in advance about organising an airport pick-up.
- If you're comfortable driving in Asia, contact our partner Rentalcars to hire a car.
- Temperatures range between 25–33°C throughout the year. Travel between January and April for slightly cooler, dry weather. Expect heavier rainfall between September and early December.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to discover the best places to stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Vietnam.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Hue
Best Hotels in Hue
Pilgrimage Village Boutique Resort & Spa Hue (Vietnam) 99 rooms from £76Sights nearby - Take the shuttle into Hue to discover the town's historic landmarks, including the Imperial Enclosure & theThien Mu PagodaFamilies - Family villas with plunge pools and a lively kids' club make this a brilliant coice for a family holidayOther Activities - Evening cruises along the Perfume River are a wonderfully atmospheric way to see the sightsValue chic - Book one of the resort's double rooms for a gorgeous experience at very reasonable rates
Traditional Vietnamese architecture and decor with modern twists and amenities. Exposed brick and wood give it an eco feel. Rooms made for lounging in and extensive spa treatments ensure a relaxing stay. Foodies can get a taste of rural Vietnam by trying their hand at a cooking class. See More
Azerai La Residence Hue (Vietnam) 122 rooms from £190City Style - A glamorous Art Deco property with stacks of style, this is one for well-heeled travellers seeking a city baseLocal exploring - Brilliantly located for exploring Hue on foot, by bicycle or with a boat ride on the Perfume RiverCooking classes - Take a Vietnamese cookery class after a trip to Ben Ngu Market for the ingredients with the hotel chefSights nearby - Explore the Citadel and An Dinh Palace, both remnants of Hue's intriguing historyRecommended by - I Escape
A beautiful French-era property with a stunning façade on the banks of the Perfume River. The 122 rooms & suites are elegantly appointed, with white-on-white interiors and plenty of 1930s character in both the original building and extensions. A stylish spot for discovering Hue's rich heritage. See More
Banyan Tree Lang Co Hue (Phu Loc District, Vietnam) 56 rooms from £280Local exploring - With resident guides specializing in local heritage you'll be in the best hands to explore this fascinating part of Vietnam.Hotel boats for hire - Travel through the mangroves on a traditional basket boat to see beautiful lagoons & local fishing villagesBeach Life - The hotel boasts a beautiful white sand crescent beach with a number of water activities on offer.Cooking classes - Join a cooking class, learning to make famous regional dishes, including the delicious Bun Bo HueRecommended by - Tablet
A stunning eco-resort on a gorgeous white sand beach. Individual villas with traditional design feature private pools and dining areas. An award-winning spa will soothe any aches and pains, whilst a host of activities keep all entertained. Excellent Vietnamese cuisine & an utterly spoiling spot. See More