Search the best hotels in My Tho
About My Tho
The meeting point of some of the most significant tributaries which form the mighty Mekong River, Mỹ Tho is a bustling riverside city in southern Vietnam. Just under two hours from Ho Chi Minh City, this community has long been the gateway to the wonders of the Mekong Delta for outdoorsy travellers and eager adventurers. It’s also a wonderful destination for those looking to unwind; you’ll see that our pick of the best places to stay in My Tho offers the ideal blend of both options.
Many visitors choose to base themselves in Mỹ Tho itself, within easy reach of heritage buildlngs and cultural tours aplenty. Don’t miss the astonishing Vinh Trang Pagoda, with its striking Buddha statues and gorgeous gardens. Cyclists will adore zipping around town on two wheels, popping into hole-in-the-wall eateries or following riverside trails. For many, Mỹ Tho is a springboard to scenic river cruises or fantastic fishing trips. Take superb sampan tours though the leafy backwaters, spotting endemic birds as you drift along, or visit the famed floating markets, where fresh produce and mouth-watering dishes are sold from aboard low-lying houseboats.
Best of all are Mỹ Tho’s four islands — Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix. Dedicated to growing tropical fruit for sale in the big city, these verdant islets are perfect for relaxed walks, cycling or bird-spotting. Book at room at our Gurus’ selection of the best places to stay in Mỹ Tho, set on Unicorn Island, for the full experience.
The Best Places to Stay in Mỹ Tho
For an Island Escape
- The Island Lodge is a laid-back riverside retreat on Unicorn Island in the Mekong Delta. The 12 inviting guest rooms fuse understated modern design with classic Vietnamese style and natural textures, including lots of bamboo. Kick back by the swimming pool or feast on French-Vietnamese fusion cuisine. A delightful hideaway for romantics or outdoorsy explorers.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Ho Chi Minh City's Tan Son Nhat International Airport, the busiest in Vietnam. Hop aboard a bus or take a 1.5-hour taxi to Mỹ Tho. Alternatively, speak to your hotel in advance about organising an airport pick-up.
- If you're comfortable driving in Asia and intend to venture into the surrounding countryside, contact our partner Rentalcars to hire a car.
- Visit between December and April for warm, dry weather, with temperatures ranging between 25–35°C. December is the coolest time of year, with temperatures heating up and becoming increasingly humid from January onwards. Expect more rain between May and October, with dramatic monsoon deluges giving way to dazzling sunshine.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to discover the best places to stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Vietnam.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in My Tho
Best Hotels in My Tho
The Island Lodge My Tho (Vietnam) 12 rooms from £160Other Activities - Hire a boat to hop between the four islands of My Tho; each has something new to offer nature lovers and culture aficionadosLocal exploring - Discover the Mekong Delta's rich biodiversity & its cultural significance through boat trips, nature tours & market visitsTotal relaxation - This secluded island allows vistors to unwind with spa treatments, pool dips and afternoons watching the life on the MekongCycling - Cycle tracks zigzag across the island; either take a guided tour or explore at your own paceRecommended by - I Escape
A lovely island hotel with views over the Mekong River. Authentic interiors marry modern style with traditional materials, and the odd splash of history from old family photos and artefacts. The food is an exceptional mix of French and Vietnamese, the best of both worlds. A laid-back haven. See More