10 of the Most Romantic Hotels in Copenhagen
Copenhagen’s Little Mermaid sits alone on her rock, awaiting her love… But hopefully when you go to meet her you’ll bring your love along. And enjoy the glittering canals, beautiful parks and gardens, creative cuisine, grand historic palaces and museums, hip design and lively cultural life together too. Copenhagen is an easy place to fall in love with. And in.
If you’re planning a romantic break to Copenhagen the best place to start is here, with our Guru’s recommendations for 10 of the most romantic hotels in Copenhagen. Our list of the most romantic places to stay in Copenhagen has something for lovers of Danish design chic, for lovers of luxury, for lovers of history and art, for lovers of the ocean, for lovers of good food and even for lovers of microbrewery-produced beer.
Compact, green and easy to stroll around, Copenhagen is a wonderful city to explore at your own pace, and most of our Guru’s recommendations for 10 of the most romantic hotels in Copenhagen are well located for this city’s most romantic sights, like the views of palaces seen from the canals, or the fairytale Rosenborg Slot, like ‘Cupid and Psyche’ in the Thorvaldsen Museum, or Catherine the Great in the spiralling pathway up to the Rundetårn observatory, like the glorious winter gardens of Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, or the playful and magical Tivoli Gardens.
10 of the Most Romantic Hotels in Copenhagen
The Most Romantic Hotels in Central Copenhagen
- The Hotel Skt Petri has been converted from a Latin Quarter department store into a bright and airy 268 room hotel. The interiors are by well known Danish artist Per Arnoldi and there’s a fittingly modern restaurant with an excellent range of microbrewery beers.
- SP34 is a characterful boutique hotel in the Latin Quarter with 118 stylish rooms and suites and an amazing penthouse. There are two restaurants and four bars, plus a beautiful roof terrace. And you’re just 500metres from the Tivoli Gardens.
- Fans of Scandi style will love the Hotel Alexandra, a 61 room hotel just 200metres from the Tivoli Gardens and packed with wonderful mid-century Danish furniture. There’s an excellent restaurant, a trendy bar and a library.
The Most Romantic Hotel Escapes in Copenhagen
- Located in the hip Versterbro district, and close to the waterfront, the Guldsmeden Axel is a stylish spa hotel with 129 rooms and suites and a luxurious rooftop spa. The decor is a bit Balinese with white walls, teak four-poster beds, Persian rugs and private balconies.
The Most Romantic Hotels in Copenhagen for a Special Occasion
- For something a bit more Danish, try d’Angleterre a stunning five star hotel converted from a palace, and complete with silk furnishings, marble bathrooms, chandeliers, and a Michelin starred restaurant and opulent champagne bar. There’s also a full spa, pool and gym.
- Copenhagen is known for its design, and the Nimb Hotel is high design, just not necessarily in the Danish style. It’s been converted from an early 20th century Moorish-inspired palace within the magical grounds of the Tivoli Gardens, and has a fairytale appeal and some lovely antiques. There are just 17 sumptuous bedrooms but a choice of drinking and dining options.
The Most Romantic, yet Hip, Hotels in Copenhagen
- The Absalon Hotel is a stylish hotel on the edge of the trendy, and conveniently located, meat-packing district, with 161 individually styled rooms and a great cocktail bar.
The Most Affordable Romantic Hotels in Copenhagen
- The Avenue Hotel is a 68 room hotel converted from a graceful 19th century building decorated with stylish Danish designed furniture and Missoni throws. There’s a lounge with live music and fantastic cocktails.
- Guldsmeden Bertrams is another great option if you’re looking for something romantic and a bit different. This eco hotel in the Vesterbro district has 47 beautiful white on white rooms with four poster beds and balconies overlooking a lovely garden. There’s a lovely lounge and a lively kitchen cafe.
Copenhagen’s Most Romantic and Intimate Hotels
- If you or your partner love the beach then the Skovshoved Hotel, an elegantly restored hotel on the coast in Charlottenlund, might be perfect. There are just 22 romantic rooms featuring white-washed walls, four-poster beds, wooden floors and sea views. There also a Michelin recommended French/ Italian restaurant.
Still not sure which one of our Guru’s recommendations for 10 the most romantic hotels in Copenhagen might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Copenhagen?
- Or consult our Guru's recommendations for 10 of the Best budget hotels in Copenhagen?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
10 of the Most Romantic Hotels in Copenhagen
d'Angleterre Copenhagen 90 rooms from £365City Style - Set in a former palace, with views of many of the city's sights from the roof terrace, this is a luxurious choiceGreat walks - From Kongens Nytorv to the harbour front just south of the Royal PlayhouseSights nearby - Amalienborg Castle, Rosenborg Castles and Kronborg CastleSpa
Nimb Hotel Copenhagen 17 rooms from £326City Style - An ultra chic Arabian fantasy castle, nestled in the lovely Tivoli Gardens, with glass chandeliers and Øland granite stonework.Foodies - From Nimb Brasserie to Fru Nimb and Nimb Terrasse this hotel has a multitude of fantastic dining (and drinking) options.Sights nearby - Edvard Eriksen’s diminutive Little Mermaid statue can be viewed from Langelinie promenade, a twenty minute cycle from the hotel.Great walks - Stroll around the ajoining Tivoli Gardens, these historic gardens date back to 1843.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel, Mr & Mrs Smith
Early 20th-century Moorish-inspired palace becomes a sleek new design hotel. The exteriors carry a fairytale appeal, but the inside is all smart sophistication with antiques, warm wood floors and bold modern pieces. Sumptuous bedrooms and gastronomic feasts in all of the great restaurants. See More
SP34 Copenhagen 118 rooms from £153Roof terrace - Lovely roof terrace bar.City StyleSights nearby - The hotel is situated in Copenhagen's Latin Quarter and 500 meters from Tivoli.Great walks - Garden H.C Ørsteds Parken is a green oasis.
Absalon Hotel Copenhagen 161 rooms from £172City Style - A hip hotel with a stylish bar on the edge of the city’s famed Meatpacking District.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploring Copenhagen on foot or bikeSights nearby - A short walk from Stroeget and City Hall Square.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A stylish hotel on the edge of the trendy meat-packing district. Individually styled rooms feature warm hues, sash windows and contemporary bathrooms. A trendy bar is the ideal place for an evening cocktail. A Scandinavian styled breakfast fills you up for city exploration - right on your doorstep. See More
Hotel Alexandra Copenhagen 61 rooms from £105City StyleSights nearby - Just 200 metres from Tivoli Gardens and Town Hall Square.Lively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Skt Petri Copenhagen 288 rooms from £152City Style - Wonderfully located in downtown Copenhagen, with interior colour schemes by renowned Danish graphic artist Per Arnoldi.Great walks - Superkilen is an urban park designed by some of Denmark's leading architects. A must visit.Romantic - Good for couples.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Fodors, Tablet
This perfectly located, reasonably priced, luxury hotel is a favourite in Copenhagen. Rooms are bright and airy with Jensen beds. A stand out buffet breakfast and an excellent range of microbrewed beers are offered. Business people, families and couples will all feel at home here. A slick choice. See More
Guldsmeden Axel Copenhagen 129 rooms from £169City Style - A slick Balineses-style hotel adorned with Persian rugs and Buddha stone statues, in the vibrant Vesterbro district.Spa breaks - Pure indulgence with a Balinese influence, their organic spa products are made in the kitchen every morning.Sights nearby - Near the Little Mermaid statue on the waterfront and opposite the citadel.SpaRecommended by - Frommers
Balinese decoration and an organic restaurant, in the hip Vesterbro district A fabulously stylish spot for couples and spa breaks. Beautiful white rooms and suites with pale woods, Persian rugs, teak four posters, and some with private balconies. Enjoy the luxurious roof top spa. See More
Avenue Hotel Copenhagen 68 rooms from £121City Style - The classical perfection of the 18th century architecture meets cutting edge interiors by top Danish designers.Designer - Stunnig interiors by top Danish designers.Full of characterLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Michelin Travel, Tablet
19th Century boutique offering a great value stay in Copenhagen. Clean, modern, well-equipped rooms (some sleep four) feature Danish designs & Missoni throws. Hang out in the lounge for live music, fantastic cocktails and small bites. A great choice for city visitors and families. See More
Guldsmeden Bertrams Copenhagen 47 rooms from £124Sights nearby - Tivoli Gardens amusement park is a must for all visitors to the city.Restrictions on children - No children allowed.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers
Skovshoved Hotel Copenhagen (2920 Charlottenlund) 22 rooms from £189Great walks - Walk to two of Copenhagen's best beaches Bellevue strand and Charlottenlund beachpark.Fishing - We will arrange guided tours in the historic fishing camp Skovshoved.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - I Escape, Michelin Travel
A country and seaside retreat just outside Copenhagen. It oozes romance and elegance, but with a hip twist. Ethereal bedrooms with white washed walls, four poster beds, wooden floors and sea views. This chic, historical, family run hotel is a perfect place to stay, whoever you are. See More